Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 01:46 PM   #241  

Good Afternoon Ladies

We'll I have got to get back on track with my exercise. I let my self skip last week cause I was sick... and I too just can't seem to get motivated. Tonight I plan on walking 2 miles.

Hope everyone is having a great day...
Old 06-07-2002, 05:28 AM   #242  
Mooz

Good morning chicks!!

I am in the library again and can't stop long. My son is still working on my computer and it will probably Sat or Sun before he has it sorted and I may not get the chance to ckeck in until then but I will try.
I walked 2 miles yesterday and went linedancing for 2 hours and I am down 1 pound this morning.
Gotta go now

Take Care All

Anne

THE REAL YOU

Those things you love most will help you see the places and the ways in which you can make the biggest positive difference. The more time you spend each day being the person you truly are, the faster you will move yourself and your world forward.
Joy, abundance and fulfillment are not just empty dreams, not just reserved for others, not just a matter of luck or timing. They come from living true to your highest purpose.

You do not need anyone else's permission to be the real, authentic person you know you can be. You do not need any special arrangements, circumstances or resources to be who you truly are.

Your job, your family, your friends, your responsibilities do not prevent you from being who you truly are. In fact, they provide you with ample opportunity to express your true self and to genuinely make a positive difference.

Any time is the right time, any situation is the right situation for you to live the marvelous abundance that is yours. You've been given a life that's unique and filled with special value, so live and delight in the best of that value.

Before another moment passes, begin to live as the person you will truly love to be.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 06-07-2002, 09:45 AM   #243  

TGIF Ladies!!! Annie I have one thing to say about your loss....WOOHOO GIRL!!
I finally got my lazy butt up and did some exercising yesterday. After I sorted through all my shoes and craft magazines (yard Sale) then cleaned up the mess I left behind. I exercised for 50 minutes, just couldn't go that last 10 minutes, but it was 9:00 pm before I ever started so I was tired to start with.
My newly married son is coming home this weekend, his wife's firm is sending all the new hires to Florida for something and hubbies do not get to go. Looking forward to spending some time with him tho.
Better run, you all have a great weekend.

Last edited by SEMO; 06-07-2002 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-07-2002, 05:54 PM   #244  

Good Afternoon Ladies

Ok... I started journaling & have recommitted to exercising. I have gotten very lax in that area. This weekend i'm heading off to Sheverport for some gambling. I'm not worried about the eating, it more of the drinking water. When I gamble I tend to forget to drink water...

Semo - glad to hear you did some exercising. I don't think there will ever be a time when I enjoy or look forward to exercising.
I'm sure your son will be happy to have some good home cooking too..

Mooz - Way to go on your 1 lb loss... That is wonderful... and last week you had a few stressful days. Way to stick with that walking & linedancing...

Hope every is having a great day..
Old 06-08-2002, 04:42 PM   #245  

Good Afternoon:

WHAHOO I had weigh in this morning and am 3 pds lighter.
I am starting to feel like a thin person. After drowning All of my insides and have no skin on my feet from walking. It,s worth it.

SEMO: 50 minutes of exersice is great. I wish I had the guts to have a yard sale. I just cannot bring myself to sell my treasures.
Enjoy your son while he is with you. Those are such special times.

1 Day: Hope you win at Sheverport. Enjoy the time away.

Mooz: How is your Mum? Congratulations on your 1 Pd. Keep on walking and linedancing. Dancing the weight away is not a bad way to do it.

Have a nice weekend. The weather in California is JUNE GLOOM
Gotta watch the Preakness hope the horse War Warrior wins the triple crown. How exciteing
Old 06-09-2002, 09:22 AM   #246  

Good Morning:
I really goofed up on writing my last reply I was talking to my DH and wrote down just what I was talking about. I meant the Belmont race and War Emblem. He Lost anyway.

A friend sent me this yesterday I thought it was cute so here goes

If you're a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that.

Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself stupid.
I could deal with that.

If you're a bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you're sleeping and wake to partially grown, cute cuddly cubs. I could Definitely deal with that.

If you're a mama bear, everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too. I could deal with that.

If you're a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling. He EXPECTS that you will have hairy legs and excess BODY FAT.
YUP..........I wanna be a bear.

Have a nice Day Norma
Old 06-09-2002, 11:50 AM   #247  
Mooz

GOOD DAY CHICKS!!
Just a quick call as my son is still working on this computer but he is having a break so I have time for a little callin.

Spkrleyes - sounds quite OK to be a bear!!
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 3 POUND LOSS YGG

Patty - hope you had a lucky weekend!!

Semo - I'm sure you are having a great time spoiling your son!!

Take Care Anne

Old 06-10-2002, 09:22 AM   #248  

hiya girls!!! I have been super duper busy this past week.
On Saturday I volunteered for an event here called The Kids Cowboy Fest. Its for little kids and they learn to rope (a fake horse) brand (again not real LOL) and there is a stick rodeo and a best dressed cow-person contest. This is my 5th year for doing it. My sons are too old for it now, but they helped me guard the hay pit! We get tee-shirts for our efforts and it's a fun time.
Anyhow, I feel like such a dip! I have been riding my bike all over creation. There's a hill that I just can't seem to get up (lots of those here). So I come back on Saturday from the ride. ( I always do a little of the hill then turn around and do the restof my ride) Tell my husband I can't get up the hill and he examines my bike. My gears were all dinked up and I was trying to ride the hill in 4th gear!!!!!! So... yesterday morning I rode UP THE HILL!!!! I felt like doing the Theme from Rocky music when I got up it LOL!!!
What a relief!! I was thinking, as athletic as I've always been, I have really let myself go to pot!! ROFLMAO!!!
HOpe everyone is well!! I am going home (Indianapolis) in 2 wks for vacation. I was at a plateau for ever, and switched to a low carb WOE. Lost 3 lbs last week and made it over my plateau!!!
Gotta fly girls!!!
see you all later!!
Lauri
Old 06-10-2002, 09:28 AM   #249  

Good morining to All! I kept with the exercising all weekend, so I'm proud about that. I got this in my e-mail this morning and thought I would pass it along.......now you know why I have all the strange sayings. My dad was from Mississippi and I have to admit I know about or use most of the following.

Only a true Southerner knows the difference between a hissie fit and a conniption, and that you don't "HAVE" them but "PITCH" them. Only a true Southerner knows how many fish, collard greens, turnip greens, peas, beans, etc., make up "a mess."

Only a true Southerner can show or point out to you the general direction of "yonder."

Only a true Southerner knows exactly how long "directly" is - as in: "Going to town, be back directly." Even true Southern babies know that "Gimme some sugar" is not a request for the white, granular sweet substance that sits in a pretty little bowl on the kitchen table. All true Southerners know exactly when "by and by" is. They might not use the term, but they know the concept well.

Only a true Southerner knows instinctively that the best gesture of solace for a neighbor who's got trouble is a plate of hot fried chicken and a big bowl of cold potato salad. (If the neighbor's trouble is a real crisis, they also know to add a large banana puddin'!)

Only true Southerners grow up knowing the difference between "right near" and "a right far piece." They also know that "just down the road" can be 1 mile or 20.

Only a true Southerner both knows and understands the difference between a redneck, a good ol' boy, and po' white trash. No true Southerner would ever assume that the car with the flashing turn signal is actually going to make a turn. A true Southerner knows that "fixin'" can be used as a noun, a verb, or an adverb.

Only a true Southerner knows that the term "booger" can be a resident of the nose, a descriptive, as in "that ol' booger", or something that jumps out at you in the dark and scares you senseless.

Only true Southerners make friends while standing in lines. We don't do "queues", we do "lines"; and when we're "in line," we talk to everybody! Put 100 true Southerners in a room and half of them will discover they're related, even if only by marriage. True Southerners never refer to one person as "ya'll." True Southerners know grits come from corn and how to eat them. Every true Southerner knows tomatoes with eggs, bacon, grits, and coffee are perfectly wonderful; that redeye gravy is also a breakfast food; and that fried green tomatoes are not a breakfast food. When you hear someone say, "Well, I caught myself lookin' ... ," you know you are in the presence of a genuine Southerner!

Only true Southerners say "sweet tea" and "sweet milk." Sweet tea indicates the need for sugar and lots of it -- we do not like our tea unsweetened. "Sweet milk" means you don't want buttermilk. And a true Southerner knows you don't scream obscenities at little old ladies who drive 30 MPH on the freeway. You just say, "Bless her heart" and go your own way.

Hope ya'll have a great day!
Old 06-11-2002, 08:20 AM   #250  
Mooz

GOOD AFTERNOON CHICKS!!

The weather is wet and miserable here today but I did get a 2 mile walk in this morning. My eating was not too good at the weekend but I am back OP again.

Semo - thanks for your piece about Southerners - it was very interesting - I take it that, going by the "bless her heart" bit, that Southerners are real nice people!!

Lauri - CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU TWICE!! Once for getting up over that hill and the other for losing 3 pounds!! YGG

Patty - hope yopu got some walking in as well as gambling over the last few days!!

Take Care All

Anne
[/CODE]
Old 06-11-2002, 08:21 AM   #251  

SEMO!! LOL!!!! My dads family was from Kentucky and I think I have heard every one of those!! I still say fixin.. "I'm fixin to go eat lunch" LOL!!
Oh and I didn't see this one: like ta (don't know if I spelled it right) but daddy would say "I like ta died when I heard that"
Once he let me drive his Lincoln when I was in high school to go pick my mom up and she was pissed. Daddy said "Your mom probably like ta had a baby when you drove up in that"
I *still* like "how nice" the best. I say that at work alot.
Are any of you doing atkins or a low carb diet? I had been at a plateau for ever so decided to jump start the ol' bod. And have doing a low carb thing, have lost 5 lbs in a week. So now I am in a better mood. Was at the plateau for about 2 mos. Very discouraging. But I feel better now.
How is everyone else doing? I sure wish Jen would pop her self in here.
have a great day ladies!!
lauri
Old 06-11-2002, 10:06 AM   #252  

Good Morning Ladies! Yes Mooz, Southerners are very nice people and when we are mean, it is usually in a nice way.... like the Now Nice story.
Exercised 44 minutes this morning before work so if nothing else it has helped put me in a better mood. I had a challenge with myself to get five hours in from last Thrusday to this Thursday and I have only 60 min left to meet that goal. Now I just need to wire my mouth shut!!
Lauri, I try to limit my carbs but still allow some each day. That seems to help me when I'm really serious about watching everything. And I have to admit that I use that "ta" also. I broke myself from a lot of those little sayings when we lived in St Louis. Guess they thought that I was a country hick.....wonder why!
I have jury duty tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed that they WON'T pick me. I really hate having to do this even tho I know it's my duty. I've served on county and federal before and it's no fun.
Chat later.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:19 PM   #253  

Hello All

We'll came back from my gambling trip... broke...But I had fun. My first day, I had no luck at all. No matter what I played, I lost. Yesterday, my luck turned, but by then it was time to come home. I did bring some money back, so I should consider that a win. Had lots of fun though. I did not do goo on my food or water. I did not pig out, it just I did not make good choices.. and on the water, I barely drank anything. But i'm back on track today.

Semo - I lived in Nashville when I was little & my cousins use to make fun of my words. I still say "fixin", "whatcha doing". Way to go on your exercise goal. I'm gonna have to set one for me this week. I have not exercised in 2 weeks...& i've gained 1.2 lbs.
Good luck on jury duty....

Lauri - Way to go on your 5 lb loss. What are you doing on the low carb? I know carbs are a problem for me, even when I eat within my points I eat mostly carbs. OH, and on the bike, way to go for getting over that hill. Hey, my bike has lots of gears, I don't even know how to use them... I just stay in one gear...

Mooz - Way to go on your walking... and for getting back on point. Hope your son get the computer all fixed up.

Spkrleyes37 - Way to go on your 3 lbs loss. I know I feel much better when I see a loss on the scales. And yes, all that walking is worth it especially when you see results...
Old 06-11-2002, 03:25 PM   #254  
Mooz

Choose happiness

The expectation that only certain things can make you happy will continue to keep happiness out of your reach. Putting conditions on happiness serves only to prevent it from happening.
The assumption that conditions must improve before you can be happy is precisely backwards. For when you can truly be happy with who you are and with what you're doing, conditions cannot help but improve.

If you feel that you could never be happy with things the way they are, you're absolutely right. So choose to be happy, and things will no longer be the way they are -- they'll immediately start to get better.

Once you truly choose to be happy, then your thoughts and actions will reflect that choice. You'll be moving in the direction of your most treasured values and desires, rather than holding yourself back from them.

But isn't it naive or unrealistic or simplistic or disrespectful to choose happiness when the world is so filled with difficult and dangerous challenges? Not at all, because by choosing to be genuinely happy with yourself you're also choosing to be the best, the strongest, the most effective person you can be.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 06-11-2002, 10:50 PM   #255  

Evening Ladies

I chose Happiness... Thanks Mooz for taking the time and giving us all this inspiration...
Closed Thread