Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 11:10 AM   #76  

You girls are doing great! About the PMS, it's that time for me too, and I'm ashamed to tell this but yesterday I opened a container of chocolate icing and ate some of it (probably 3 tablespoons) I had to have chocolate and RIGHT THEN. I always do that right before time. I think I know how a drug addict feels.

I worked yesterday until 2:00 then went home and did absolutly nothing, just sat in a chair and watched tv. I think I've over exercised my brain last week.

I know I'm not posting much but our busy season only last a few months then I'll be back in full force.

Have a great day.
Old 04-22-2002, 02:17 PM   #77  
Mooz

GOOD EVENING CHICKS!!

I am doing much better today - I am OP and have walked 2 miles and hope to go for another walk later.

Lauri - I can't even blame PMS as I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago although it probably stems from that as old habits die hard!!

Semo - you have been a naughty girl too but if we get right back on the wagon before too much damage is done then all is OK. We WILL get there. How are the wedding plans coming on? It's in May isn't it?

Hope everyone else is OP and keeping well.

OBSTACLES ARE THOSE FRIGHTFUL THINGS YOU SEE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR GOALS - Unknown

Last edited by mooz49; 04-22-2002 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-22-2002, 02:22 PM   #78  

Hello Ladies -

Semo - I can relate, I think I eat 5 small hershey kisses in one bit. I'm also PMSing.. Better stay clear of me

Mooz - I'm sorry to hear your feeling blue, but remember we all have good days and bad... If you slip up on eating, just get back on track. Slips-ups will happen, it's getting back on track that counts. Way to go on walking the 6 miles.

T-girl - Way to go on losing 3 lbs.

Lauri - I'm glad to hear your feeling better. I think I'd stay away from that restaurant too.

Jen, Billierosie - Hope you all are doing well too.

we'll i need to run... talk to you all later..
Old 04-22-2002, 05:24 PM   #79  
Give Peace A Chance !

Good day ladies, I hope you all or
OP and doing what you need to do to get healthy and fit. This is one group of women that really rocks!! I love it here!

Mooz: just becasue you have had a hystorectomy doesn't mean you can't have PMS symptoms still. Many women still go through all the discomforts of menses for years after having the surgery. So you depression and general bules can be physical.
I hope you feel better real soon. I see you got in a good walk today, WTG!!! You are putting your best foot forward and I'm proud of you!!

Patty: Put the candy down and back away slowly and nobody will get hurt, namely you. Try really hard to make good choices in what you eat even when all your wild and crazy emotions are telling you otherwaise. I know you can do it, My money's on you girlfriend!

SEMO: You too!!! Get out of the fridge and trash that ice crm. Even a little bit of somethnig off plan can trow us back to square one with our weight loss. We are not going backwards, only forward. I believer in you so take this week and kick it up a notch!!!

Indy: WTG!! For getting your walk in. I love to walk too. It is my fav form of exercise. Keep up the good work!!!

T-Girl: CONGRATS!!! ON LOSING 3 POUNDS!!! WTG!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

I love this group because you guys are small and intimate. Just the size to get some serious weight loss going on in here. Hold tight to eachother and if you crave it check with somebody here frist before you eat it. That is what support is all about!!

TID BIT:

DON'T LOOK BACK-- YOU'RE NOT HEADED THAT WAY

As you travel through life there are always those times when decisions just have to be made; when the choices are hard, and solutions seem scarce and the rain seems to soak your parade!

There are some situations where all you can do is to simply let go and move on, gather courage together and choose a direction that carries you toward a new dawn.

So pack up your troubles and take a step forward. The process of change can be tough but think about all the excitement ahead if you can be stalwart enough!

There could be adventures you never imagined just waiting around the next bend and wishes and dreams just about to come true in ways you can't yet comprehend!

Perhaps you'll find friendships that spring from new interests as you challenge your status quo and learn there are so many options in life, and so many ways you can grow!

Perhaps you'll go places you never expected and see things that you've never seen or travel to fabulous, faraway worlds and wonderful spots in between!

Perhaps you'll find warmth and affection and caring- a "somebody special" who's there to help you stay centered and listen with interest to stories and feelings you share.

Perhaps you'll find comfort in knowing your friends are supportive of all that you do and believe that whatever decisions you make, they'll be the right choices for you!

So keep putting one foot in front of the other and taking your life day by day. There's a brighter tomorrow that's just down the road. Don't look back!!! You're not going that way!

Old 04-23-2002, 01:18 AM   #80  

Hey everyone.. had a very busy day, loaded with all kinds of issues, so now I am sleepy, but have to say hi to everyone. I stayed OP, and I hope everyone is doing well!! I do intend to write more tomorrow, GOodnight,

Latisia
Old 04-23-2002, 08:40 AM   #81  
Mooz

GOOD MORNING CHICKIES!!

It is a beautiful day here and I am OP and I walked 4.5 miles yesterday and I have already walked 3 miles today. I weigh in tonight at WW and I am keeping my fingers ( and everything else) crossed that I have lost something. After Sunday I will be pleased if I even stay the same

T-girl - good for you staying OP as you will feel so much better for it especially when you have other things on your mind. Eating is one thing that you can be totally in control of. You have done so well in losing 3 POUNDS so you don't want to undo all that good work. The last thing you want is to be feeling more miserable because of your eating. Everything always seems worse at night anyway!!

Taz - So you think you can come over here and kick some butt too???!!!

You are quite right - you can because we need someone like you to do it!! So feel free!
Thanks for the info on PMS.

Patty - so good to hear from you How is your IBS? I think it was T-girl who said that she used to have IBS but when she cut out all the fatty foods it stopped. Am I right in saying that T-girl?

Lauri - Everytime I think of you I see you running!! YGG

Semo - did that kick up the butt from Taz have any effect on you?

To everyone else - hope you are OP

Have a good day all

Take Care

Anne

Last edited by mooz49; 04-24-2002 at 04:22 AM.
Old 04-23-2002, 09:13 AM   #82  

Good morning ladies!!! May I just take this moment to say "i love everyone on this message board right now"
I start every single day by reading what people have written and somedays I am sooooo inspired by all of you...
Last night I did my training run/walk. And man, was it windy!!!
On the back stretch of the track the wind was full frontal, I felt like I was on a treadmill and not moving forward! LOL!!!

Mooz, good luck at WW!!! Keep us posted! I have my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for luck!!!

Gotta go wake up my teenager for school. Honest to PETE, the house could blow up around that child and he would be snoring in the middle of it!!
See y'all later!!!
luv
Lauri
Old 04-23-2002, 10:11 AM   #83  

Good Morning Ladies! Yesterday did well on the eating but no exercise. I haven't gotten in the swing of all these hours working yet. It usually takes a couple of weeks but I feel my brain is FRIED right now. You know I'm sort of waiting for my second wind to arrive.

Taz, I have printed the quote "Don't Look Back, You're Not Headed That Way" and taped it to the back of my desk. I love it.

Mooz, good luck tonight, I know all that walking will show up.

Patty, Hope your feeling well, we've got to get busy and show these gals that we can do it.

Lauri, may the wind always be at your back. I so admire you.

T-Girl, You go Girl, your doing fantastic!! (Send some of what you have my way)

Jen, We are starting to worry.....Get yourself on back here!

You all have a great day and now I must return to this mound of paperwork.
Old 04-23-2002, 04:36 PM   #84  
Give Peace A Chance !

Howdy Ladies!! I do hope this is a good OP day for everyone. I got 9 miles in today by accident but I did it!! now I'll have to increase my walking time for sure since I know I can do it.

Mooz: I go everywhere and kick butt. Thanks for the invite. you guys are great. We are so large over at 40 something that a lot can get missed sometimes but you guys are small and can really crank it up in here and do some serious weight loss work. I like that. If I need my butt kicked I'm coming in here and get my due too. Thanks for making me feel so at home.

SEMO: here is a site that has loads of those inspirational sayings on it. I know they make my road and weight loss journey a lot easier.

http://greatday.com/motivate/previous.html

Enjoy!!

To everyone else, have a good OP day and as always make the most of it!

Last edited by Tazmani77; 04-23-2002 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-23-2002, 06:23 PM   #85  
Mooz

GOOD EVENING CHICKS!!

Just called in to say that I lost A BIG HALF POUND at WW tonight and I have just come in from a 3 mile walk.

Taz - 9 miles - WOW!! that is fantastic and I thought 6 was good!!
Don't you worry - when you need some butt kicking there will be a queue of chicks waiting to do it!!

Semo - It must be difficult to get time to exercise when you are working such long hours - I'm sure you just want to put your feet up but don't keep them up too long!!

Lauri - I do the same as you - I love getting the computer on in the morning to read all the posts that have been put on while I have been getting my beauty sleep It sets me up for the day.

To everyone else hope all is well and you are keeping OP

Take care all

Anne

Finding the way
Things which now come easily and naturally to you, at one time seemed difficult and even impossible. You found a way around those obstacles which once were so daunting. You found a way because you had enough desire to find it. You found a way because you had the commitment to find it and to make it work.
When you need to, or want to, or must, you can find a way to move past whatever is blocking your path, toward whatever you desire. The difficulty of the challenge is not nearly as important as the strength of your commitment.

What do you sincerely intend to do, and what do you truly expect to do? These are the things that will get done, because you will find a way. The efforts probably won't be comfortable, convenient or easy, but then nothing of value ever is. That's why commitment is so crucial, because it will get you through what you must get through.

You're going to get knocked down. With enough commitment you'll get back up. You're going to become sidetracked and blown off course. With enough commitment you'll quickly get back on track.

Your previous priorities and commitments have brought you to where you are right now. Commit to the best, the brightest, the most positive future you can sincerely imagine. Make the commitment, and you'll find the way.

-- Ralph Marston

Last edited by mooz49; 04-24-2002 at 04:23 AM.
Old 04-24-2002, 12:46 AM   #86  

Good Evening Ladies

Gee, it's been a busy two days for me. Unfortunately my day has been busy with meetings & lunch meetings, & I did not make wise choices. Both nights I've stayed late at work, & by the time I got home, I really didn't feel like exercising. I did take the dog for a 1/2 mile walk. My busy time for work is about to end, and i'm going to start spending more time on me.

Mooz - WAY TO GO ON THE 1/2 pound loss. ANY loss is a good loss. Keep up your walking, you'll soon see the weight loss. Right now just enjoy the benefits of feeling healthier.

TAZ - 9 miles...YOU GO GIRL

Lauri - Keep the training going, your so focused on the training that you won't notice the weight falling off...

Semo - I can definitely relate to the work load. I'm so glad mine busy time is about to end. Just hang in there... and try and take as many small walks at work that you can.

We'll i'm off to bed. talk to you tomorrow...
Old 04-24-2002, 01:15 AM   #87  

Hey all!! Thanks for the wonderful advice Mooz, it really brightened my day cuz I really dont want to mess up. I stayed OP, and everyone in this site, that gave advice to me , are part of the reason I am still OP..!! Thanks everyone!! Semo, I am sending it girl!! We will do this!!

Latisia

I hope to have more spare time to come here soon..
Old 04-24-2002, 04:31 AM   #88  
Mooz

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!

Just a quick call as I can't stop long.

T-girl - you are doing great and while you do so you are motivating the rest of the gang!!

Patty - that is just what you need to do - spend some quality time on yourself and treat that body of yours better!!

To everyone else - have a good OP day and I will call later/

Take Care All

Anne
Old 04-24-2002, 10:42 AM   #89  

hi all did you think i had dissapered, i went on a trip at the last minute with my hubby in the truck,been to calf. still on track tried to ride my bike yesterday it was like pedeling in a pool or something the wind was so strong only rode 20 min but it felt like an hour!lol lost two lbs last week. tami
Old 04-24-2002, 11:02 AM   #90  

good morning babes!!! How are you all today?? I did my run this morning at 6:30 because I have to work late tonight. It was colder than I thought too. (I mean "see your breath" cold, not just chilly LOL) Should have worn my long johns.

SEMO, thanks for the kind words, I don't think I've ever been admired before

Have any of you heard out of Jen?? I say we storm her house and make sure she's ok. I am kind of worried about her. The having hubby gone thing can get old after a few weeks, especially with little ones.
Gotta pack my lunch. I had strawberries for breakfast with a little fat free cool whip on top. yummy!!!! (frankly, I had cool whip with a couple of strawberries ) Have to forage the fridge for lunch and see what's shakin in there!

mooz: weigh to go on the loss!!!! woooohooooo!!!!
See you lovely ladies later!!
lauri
Closed Thread