Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 12:19 PM   #211  

Good Morning All:
Semo I dont know how you do it. I went through 3 weddings
(we had 3 Daughters) and after I was through I didnt need any kind of weight program I lost weight like nothing during that time. Thank goodness they are all married and that is done. Where in Missouri do you live I was born in Cabool Missouri and had relatives back there. Cabool is out of Springfield. I did OK yesterday I did my walking drank all my water. I think I have drowned all my inside organs!!!!!! I weigh in on Saturday that will tell the true tale. I hope everyone has a nice and weight loss day.
Old 05-29-2002, 02:06 PM   #212  

Good Afternoon All

Today has been another good day. Staying OP & drinking my water. Right now I am fighting off the urge for something sweet.
I have already eaten raisins.

Semo - sounds like you have a good plan. Just start back at your own pace & soon you'll be back where you left off. Is your son & his new bride both taking the bar exam? That is great to have some lawyers in the family.

Spkrleyes37 - You said you joined Ww. Are you jounaling? I find that, that really helps me to stay OP.

Lauri - Where are you girl... Hope you our running somewhere.

T-girl - Hope your doing ok to... When is your move back home?

Mooz - I'm sure you'll get your walking & linedancing in. You're doing so great, you can't stop now...
Old 05-29-2002, 02:33 PM   #213  

Just checking in and so far so good. Ate cereal for breakfast and just finished a Lean Cuisine lunch and drinking on my water. Have a power bar scheduled for about 3:30pm then grilled chichen for dinner.
Spkrleyes, I live on the other side of the state. I really didn't have to do too much on the wedding. My DIL is well organized and so is her mother. I eat when I get nervous so I've been bad.
Patty, the DIL is taking the exam. My oldest has been working in Nashville for over three years as a project mgr.
Okay, better get back to this stack of work. See ya later.
Old 05-30-2002, 05:36 AM   #214  
Mooz

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!
It is a lovely morning and I am feeling good. I walked 2 miles yesterday and tripped and fell while I was doing it fortunately I was not too baldy hurt except for my pride!! I was linedancing for 3 hours last night.
I have not been walking so much recently as our little linedancing club are trying to raise money to buy a Spirometer for the local Health Centre. One of the girls and myself decided to organise a raffle and so far we have collected 37 prizes from the local shopkeepers.We sent out letters to other businesses and have received 460 in donations so far and we have not even got the tickets printed yet. Anyway that is why I have not been getting so much walking in recently.

Semo - I see you are right back up on this here old wagon!!
You will feel so much better for it. It must have been stressful with the wedding even if things went to plan. It is a big event in a mum's life.

Patty - well done in staying OP and drinking your water and you will soon be out walking again.

Spkrleyes - you are doing great - walking and drinking water and you have definately hydrated your organs!! YGG

Lauri - hope the running is going well!!

T-girl - I have no doubt you are rushing about as usual!

Have a good OP day all

Take Care

Anne

Hope this link works as it helps to read up on what water does for us now and again!!

http://www.dottisweightlosszone.com/WWinfo/water.html

Last edited by mooz49; 05-30-2002 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-30-2002, 09:13 AM   #215  

Good Morning Girls.
When I say morning it really is morning (EARLY) I got up at 4:30 today. Maybe I just wanted to start this Beautiful Day Early.
All is well on the Home Front. I will get my exersice today at the Hospital where I volunteer. They really run your legs off but it is well worth the time to volunteer.

Mooz I hope you are OK. I always have a fear of falling ( I call it tipping over) Just as long as you are not hurt. Good luck on your raising money for your project. I love your cartoon however I need one that stops fat from going to my stomach.

A good day to All of you ladies. Get your exersice and WATER your insides.
Old 05-30-2002, 10:42 AM   #216  

Good Morning Ladies, hope everyone feels as good as I do today. Back on my vitamins and I can tell the difference. Didn't quite make all my goals yesterday but will today. Ended up helping hubby farm after working late yesterday. After he got home from work he wanted me to bring the soybean seed and stay out there with him while he planted the last of the farm, which I did, then we rode around looking at all the back water. Lots of farm ground and roads still under water. When the river reaches a certain point they open the flood gates which in turn floods low ground. Didn't get that frigerator cleaned either, dang it. Got some sicence projects growing in there!

Mooz, so glad that you weren't hurt. I'm not very graceful at all! And good luck on the fund raiser.

How's Patty? Hope you're feeling better.

Hi to Lauri and T-Girl.

Better run, have lots of end of the month stuff to do. ((Huzs))
Old 05-30-2002, 03:03 PM   #217  

Good Afternoon

Had my weigh in today and didn't do anything. No gain or loss... I"ll take it. I did not exercise all week, plus the meds kept me down. Feeling better today, hopefully just a few more days of this.

Mooz - Glad to hear you did not get hurt. I did that a few weeks ago, but fell on my keys, I was was sore for a day or two.. Good luck on your fundraising.(What is a spirometer?) I also do fundraising & my job it to solict prizes from every restaurant & hotel or actually anything).. then we give the prizes to our top walkers... I really enjoy doing it.. & it's for a good cause..

Semo - Even though you did not accomplish all of your goals, one of the main keys is to stayed focused. Your takeing your vitamins & drinking your water & eating healthy. Just take it one day at a time... I thinking helping out on the farm has to count for something too...

Spkrleyes37 - Wow you sure did have a early start... I was snoozing about that time...Glad to hear your on top of things..
Old 05-30-2002, 08:29 PM   #218  

Hello everyone, Op is the way!! but can be quite some work, lol, it helps when i do my walking pumps me up , I did it and tae bo tomorrow, it is gettin better and better, Imma post my wt in 2 days, and there wont be a gain, no waywell tyyl
Old 05-31-2002, 05:28 AM   #219  
Mooz

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!
Thank goodness the rain has stopped for the moment and the sun is shining. I am in control. I did not get walking much yesterday as the rain was terrible but I was linedancing for 2 hours. We have to dance at Ballymoney Agricultural Show tonight and then we are going on to a linedance later so that will keep me on my toes!!
Patty - no gain is good considering you were not able to do any exercise - you asked about a spirometer:-
Quote:
A Spirometer is an instrument that measures the amount of air a person breathes. Doctors use spirometers chiefly to diagnose certain respiratory disorders and to evaluate treatment.
A spirometer measures changes in lung capacity, which may indicate the presence of various disorders. For example, inflammations and tumours reduce the capacity of the lungs. The instrument also measures the speed at which air moves in and out of the lungs. Such diseases as asthma and bronchitis narrow the air passages, reducing the rate of air flow.
T-girl - you are doing so well - walking and Tae Boing!!

Semo - glad to hear you are in good form and you seemed to have a busy day yesterday!! It's lovely to hear about how people in different parts of the world spend their day.

Spkryeyes - WOW up at 4.30 and I thought 7 was early!! You are doing great!!

Lauri - hope all is well and that you are getting fitter and faster everyday at your running!!

HAve a great OP day

Take Care

Anne

OLD HABITS CANNOT BE THROWN OUT THE UPSTAIRS WINDOW. THEY MUST BE COAXED DOWN THE STAIRS ONE STEP AT A TIME. - Mark Twain

Last edited by mooz49; 05-31-2002 at 05:44 AM.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:39 PM   #220  

Good Evening

I was not able to sign on earlier, pretty busy at work.. & i'm just getting home from work..TGIF... I'm hoping to get some rest this evening & hopfully back to walking tomorrow.

Mooz - Way to go on your linedancing & good luck at the dance tonight. I'm assuming you all are going to perform?

T-girl - way to stay with your Ta-bo, I know your probably busy packing. I can't imagine me having to pack up my house... Where would I start... (yikes)...

Lauri - Hope your doing ok... Haven't heard much from you this week.

Semo - Hope your doing ok too...

Spkrleyes37 - Hope your having a good day too...

talk to you all later...
Old 06-01-2002, 05:45 AM   #221  
Mooz

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!
Gosh it was quiet in here yesterday!!

Patty - yes we were doing a demonstration last night. There were 14 of us alltogether and we danced for an hour. Then we went on to a dance and danced from 10PM until 2AM. I was not in my bed until 3.30AM and I was up at 8.30 so I am exhausted today but I did most of my housework yesterday so I would not have so much to do today. I hope to go for a walk later on and I hope you get your walk in too.

Lauri, Semo, T-girl, and Spkrleyes - hope you are keeping well and OP

Have a great weekend all

Take Care

Anne

Which one?

If you live this day to the fullest, there are regrets that you will never have to know. Make the most of each moment, and there are pains you will never need to experience.
Think of how many of your most difficult burdens are largely of your own making. By virtue of the actions you take on this very day, you can avoid so very many similar burdens in the future.

The things you do right now, and the things you fail to do right now, can affect every day for the rest of your life. That can either be a golden opportunity or a wicked curse, depending entirely of what you do with it.

Just imagine all the great and wonderful things you can begin to create right now. Just think of all the things you could do that would soon have you looking back on this day with gratitude and satisfaction.

Five years from now, you can look back on today and be overwhelmed with joy, or overwhelmed with regret. Now is the time when you can decide which one it will be.

-- Ralph Marston

Last edited by mooz49; 06-01-2002 at 06:06 AM.
Old 06-01-2002, 10:04 AM   #222  

Good Morning All:
Well today is the big day WEIGH IN. I have real light clothes on
no heavy jeans and will take my shoes off LOL. I have been good getting my exersice and watching my points real close so I am not too worried. Just when I think that the fat monster puts its foot on the scale and wham overweight

Mooz I dont know how you do it your linedancing and all the other stuff you do but keep it up you are a good example for the rest of us.

1-Day How are you feeling now. I hate being down not feeling good. Keep your spirts up we are all pulling for you.

Semo: I make sure to take my vitamins they sure make a differance.

Hello to T-Girl and Lauri

Well I am off to see how the scale is going to treat me
Have a nice weedend all
Old 06-01-2002, 12:53 PM   #223  
Give Peace A Chance !

Good morning ladies!!! Thought I'd peek in over here to see all the good work going on and get some motivation. I'm too happy these days myself. I'm OP and moving and losing too. It doesn't get any better than this. My book is coming along and I think I might have found a really wonderful guy. What more could go right in my life!!! Just thought I'd share the my sun shine with you all.

Spkrleyes: Good luck on your weigh in today. My fingers are crossed for ya.

Mooz: You are holding down the fort over here as uausal. Dancing till dawn, well almost1 YGG!!! I'm loving it!

Patty: Don't cheat yourself, get your walking going this weekend. You'll feel loads better and it is a good time to get some deep thinking done too.

T-girl: you sound like you got it going on right now. Walking and Tia Bo, YGG!!! I'll check back to see the results of that weigh in. I'll bet you lose something after all that good work.

Semo: Seems you got a couple happy events going on in your life. A wedding and a New Lawyer to be in the family. My DIL is an attorney too. She is about to sit for the patent bar shortly. We are proud of her so I know how you must feel and a wedding is always a happy time too. Enjoy!!!!

I'm out of her guys, just wanted to see how you all were doing. I'll peek in again real soon.

Old 06-01-2002, 03:02 PM   #224  

Results=Motivation= keeping the weight loss cycle going, That is how I feel today!! I had an excellent weigh in, I am almost out of the lingering 30s, so glad so blessed so happy i have lost 3.5 this week, and i really want to say that walking is really a key to my wieght loss!! I love it, i went out early today, and just got with it, I need to get a walkman though, had one but lost it, It really does a winner, I hope everyone is having a fab weekend, and doing well!! Imma keep this cycle going and going, TTFN
Old 06-01-2002, 04:43 PM   #225  

Good Afternoon:

T-Girl: GOOD GOING 3.5 pds is GREAT . You must of shared the lost pounds with me as I only lost 3/4 pd. Keep the good work up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tazmani77: Glad to hear you are OP. What kind of book are you writing?? Isn't it a great feeling when you meet the right guy- I met mine 46 years ago and still have him. Happy to meet you as I just joined this thread a few days ago.

To all others have a nice weekend.
Closed Thread