Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2002, 10:48 AM   #151  

Hi girls, I can't believe it's Wednesday already..... I've been so busy that I've hardly had time to potty. LOL We worked like crazy all weekend at the new house (let me tell you that I am aware of muscles that I didn't know I had) Came home Sunday night and had drop in company, and Monday and Tuesday nite had to go to town after working late both nites (the guys worked all weekend including Sunday so I was swamped when I got back). Leaving to go back to Nashville tomorrow after work, future DIL's graduation. So that about wraps up my week. After the weekend I should be back to posting. I'll get caught up reading the post and hopefully things will get back to my normal boring life by the first of June. Love you guys and have a great one.
Old 05-08-2002, 02:13 PM   #152  

Good Afternoon Ladies

This morning I got up and did the Live Tae-bo basic tape.. My legs are hurting today & I also did my stomach crunches. My weigh in is tomorrow. I just hope I show a loss.

Mooz - We are all here to help support & motivate you with your goals. With your daily walking & line dancing you can succeed. And your right about weighting in the the morning my weigh in is at noon & I have to be careful not to eat anything with sodium & I stop drinking my water by 10:00am..

Semo - Good to hear from you. Sounds like you have got a very busy month. How are you doing on your food? & drinking water?

Lauri - OMG.. I would of died laughing, sitting on your dad's lap... That is something she'll never forget either.. Hopefully you'll get some better weather. When is your run again?

T-girl - Hope your tae-boing today... I tried the "live Basic" .. it was different, they did not have the side kicks (killer)... I"m going to try and alternate so I don't get bored.

Kashi is a ceral with lots of grains a 3/4 cup has like 8 grams of protein... I believe it's soy. You can find at most health food stores & even our Walmart carries it. There are different kinds... Kashi go lean, kashi healthy, kashi crunch. They have a web site too.

we'll I better run...
Old 05-08-2002, 04:19 PM   #153  

Hello everybody,, how is your day going!! I am glad you liked the site Anne, I encourage everyone to check it out!! I decided to do tae bo again today, missed my walk but tae bo is a good alternative. I am glad to be back in the swing of things, Hope everyone is doing well! Stay focused!!

Latisia
Old 05-09-2002, 10:05 AM   #154  
Mooz

GOOD AFTERNOON CHICKS!!
It is raining here today but I am in control even if I did have some hot chocolate fudge cake with ice cream last night!!!!My hubby was 50 yesterday and he didn't want a party so we just had a cake to celebrate and I had saved up points for it so I enjoyed it!!

T-girl - thank you for calling in everyday and inspiring us.

Patty - hope you do well at your weighin - we are all rooting for you!!

Semo - your little head must be spinning with all that work and the wedding plans also!

Lauri - you must be getting good at this running now.

Why there you go again!!

Take Care All

Anne
Old 05-09-2002, 02:50 PM   #155  

Good Afternoon Ladies

I'm happy to say I have lost 2.2 lbs. You know what, journaling & exercise really do pay off. This morning I was so tired, I really did not want to get up and exercise but I did & tomorrow morning I have a date with Billy Blanks again.

Mooz - Way to go saving your points for your cake. If you plan ahead & bank your points, it's ok to have splurges like this. I'm going to bank some points for this sunday's dinner. Where did you find the girl running? That is so cute. I'm trying to send some motivation tips or 1 liners to some friends here at work.

T-girl - Keep up the tae-bo.

Lauri & Semo - hope your drinking your H2O & moving...

We'll I need to run... talk to you all later...
Old 05-09-2002, 03:49 PM   #156  

Good afternoon everyone!

Patty, Hurray 2.2 pounds, that is quite a loss, Keep it up, and I wish you well on your date !! Get your burn on girl!! That is one of the best workouts ever(to me, lol) Iam proud of ya,,CONGRATULATIONS!! You can do it!!
How is your day going?? Get your workout in ? I hope so , after last week I really know how important exercise is!! I am gonna tae bo it once more!! I hope everyone is well, and OP!! TTYL .. a

Latisia
Old 05-09-2002, 05:02 PM   #157  
Mooz

GOOD EVENING CHICKS!! Just a quick call before I go to linedancing. I walked 5 miles today and my eating is controled.

T-girl - you sure do see a lot of Billy Blanks!!!YGG

Patty - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 2.2 POUNDS LOSS Billy Blanks is helping you too!! I really must try and find time to see him too!!!I found the running girl athttp://best-of-web.com/computer/clipart_people.shtml No 12 I think.Sorry Patty that address doesn't work but the one at the bottom of the page does.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Take Care All

Anne

http://best-of-web.com/computer/clipart_people.shtml

Last edited by mooz49; 05-09-2002 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-10-2002, 05:44 AM   #158  
Mooz

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!

I went linedancing for 2 hours last night and I am feeling good and OP today and as a bonus the sun is shining!!

Have a good OP day

Take Care All

Anne
[/SIZE]

Last edited by mooz49; 05-10-2002 at 05:46 AM.
Old 05-10-2002, 10:17 AM   #159  

Ladies!!! TGIF!!!
Patty, congrats on the loss!!! I must confess I have not weighed myself in awhile, because the scale wasn't really moving to my liking but I did buy a couple of new dresses recently and I am back in to a size 8. (all that running)
For Receptionists Day, my docs gave me a $25 dollar gift certificate for the mall, so yesterday I bought a new dress at Sears to wear to a banquet I had to go to last night. (don't worry it was NCO club food, nothing worth writing home about. I had a bite of some beefy stuff that looked like cardboard and some carrots and iced tea.)
Patty, I have found that even if I don't feel like working out, once I start, I am so glad I did.
I will talk to you all later, I got a late start this morning!
love
lauri
Old 05-10-2002, 10:34 AM   #160  

Good Morning Ladies

I did not get my morning exercise in. Last night we had terrible storms & I was up again with my dog...(he get in a panic state... constant barking & pacing)...I had got some meds from the vet to give him & they calmed him down a bit, but did not put him to sleep... So i'm calling the vet again today & seeing if I need something stronger. This is the 3rd day in a row with storms...
ANYWAY... I will pick up the pace tonight.

Mooz - WAY to go on walking 5 miles. You have been increasing your miles... YOU GO GIRL..and your linedancing 2 hours... that is wonderful....

Lauri - Your right about the exericse. I don't know if i'll ever love exercising, but I do feel great once I begin & afterwards I feel really good about myself. WAY TO GO on getting into a size 8.... I can't wait til I get get in a size 12 comfortable...

T-girl - I looked at my journal & did tae-bo 5 times during the last 7 days... So my goal for next Thursday is to do it 5 times again....
We can do it..

Semo - Hope you enjoy your trip to Nashville...

We'll I need to run... I have work to do & calls to make (vet)..
Old 05-11-2002, 12:24 PM   #161  

hello everyone!! Hope you all have a great OP weekend!! Patty, that is great!! Tae bo 5 times! I know you are felling good!! Proud of ya!! Well everyone, heres my weigh in, lost 2.5 pounds this week! Hurray, I am psyched despite how yesterday was, (ate an eggroll, that turned my stomach) but I learned from that, DH should be back soon.. Well take care everybody!!TTYL
I just added the weight down the bottom, and noticed my previous entries have my name twice now. lol..oh well
Old 05-11-2002, 03:56 PM   #162  
Mooz

GOOD EVENING CHICKS!! I am OP and I walked 8 miles yesterday even though I was feeling a bit lightheaded most of the day. I have started to take my iron again as I think that could be the problem. So far today I have walked 3 miles and I am going for another at 8.30.

T-girl - CONGRATS ON YOUR 2.5 POUNDS LOSS - you are doing so well.

Patty - hope the storms have calmed by now. I think the American sizes are different from the UK sizes. I am mostly a 16 but sometimes I can get into a 14. I would really like to be a 12!!

Lauri - the running is doing you good as you are getting smaller!! - you lucky thing!!

Semo - hope you had a nice time at the graduation in Nashville.

Will call tomorrow

Take Care All

Anne

COMPLETELY BEHIND

There are two parts to every burden. One is the burden itself, and the other is how much of that burden you internalize and take for your own. You cannot magically transport yourself away from difficult circumstances. Yet you can choose to see, understand and live the fact that even the most difficult burden is not a part of who you are.
The troubles you experience are merely that -- experiences. As difficult as they may be, they do not need to become a part of you. Yes, you must pay attention to them and do something about those difficulties. Yet they are what you are working on and they are not who you are.

You exist beyond every single difficulty, beyond every burden, beyond every obstacle and overwhelming challenge. And though it will likely require great effort, you can rise above every one of them.

Though difficulties may consume your time, ravage your body and deplete your resources, they need never tarnish your soul. You are always free to experience the difficulties while at the same time living beyond them. And by so doing, eventually you will leave them completely behind.

-- Ralph Marston

Last edited by mooz49; 05-11-2002 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-12-2002, 10:17 AM   #163  

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!! My sons and husband are taking me to the movies today to see Spiderman. I love movies like that. I told them they were lucky or they'd be taking me to see some chick flick LOL!!!
Yesterday I rode my bicycle for about half an hour. I have two blisters on my left heel (they are popped) so I didn't run yesterday.
Hope everyone is good today and having a good Mothers Day.
Gotta go send some e-cards!
lauri
Old 05-12-2002, 10:53 PM   #164  

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY Hope you all had a wonderful day. We took my mom out yesterday for dinner... I did so well on ordering my food. I skipped the rolls & dessert & when my meal came, I only ate half & saved the rest for today. I did not get any walking in yesterday or today, but I did mow the lawn, & that has to count for something...OH, I did get tae-bo in yesterday.

Mooz - You have been on such a roll with your walking. You have been increasing your miles. Be sure & take that iron pill daily... We don't want to passing out on one of your walks. I know I'm always forgetting to take my vitamins, so I bought another bottle & have one at work too. Do you all celebrate Mother's Day?

Lauri - Ouch... I bet those blisters hurt... Let us know what you think about Spiderman.

T-girl - congrats on your 2.5 loss... YOU GO GIRL... & stay away from those egg rolls...

Semo - Hope you had a wonderful time..

We'll I need to run... I'll talk to you all tomorrow..
Old 05-13-2002, 09:52 AM   #165  

hiya gals!!! The movie was great! I love action movies. I was never into the whole Spiderman comic thing (I read Archie), but it was really good. Toby Maguire is a cutie pie!
I walked up to the grocery and back yesterday for some potatoes(a little over a mile total). I also cleaned out my car and trunk. Very messy from when we moved our office and I had put all the stuff from my desk drawers in my car. Then my hubby put in my new speakers (I had blown the old ones out last year on Sheryl Crow LOL) and washed the outside for me.
He also gave me my very own cell phone. (I hate when I'm at work wandering around and the kids can't reach me) Oh, and my older son did the laundry for me. Gosh, do I have a great bunch of guys or what??
Patty, wtg on the dinner!! I'm so proud of you!!
hey to everyone else!!!
love yas
lauri
Closed Thread