Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 10:22 PM   #181  

Hello Ladies

It has been a busy weekend. The weather here was so beautiful. I didn't do as good as I should of... I did not get in any tae-bo in. But did get some walking.

T-girl - Way to go on your 2 lb loss. Did you get food poisoning or was it more of eating high fattening food? I noticed that now that I'm trying to make better choices, when I do eat high-fat foods my stomach get upset easier.

Mooz - Way to go on your walking & making good food choices.

we'll need to run... talk to you all tomorrow..
Old 05-20-2002, 03:23 AM   #182  

Angry

hi
i'm a great one for signs so when i saw the last message was from someone with the same username as me i thought i'll join this forum or whatever they are called.
i started my diet last monday and i have lost 4.4Ibs, i know thats because its the first week and all but i am happy, i also started going back to the pool which is a big step as i'm 107kilos and i feel so self- conscious, i'm sure everyone is looking at me, you know that horrible feeling. I need a good kick in the !!! to get going at the best of times so that is why i'm here, if you have any tips to get out the door i would be very grateful.

with love to all the great people who are going to help me through this.
Old 05-20-2002, 06:41 AM   #183  
Mooz

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!

Onedayatatime - A BIG WELCOME TO YOU - we are always glad to have new members as we are a small group and could do with some more input. Hope to see you posting here everyday as I feel that is what keeps us motivated. CONGRATULATIONS on losing 4.4 pounds - that is a great start. I walk a lot and I am now addicted to it. I would advise you to try and walk for say 10 mins and then turn and come home. Try and do this every day and then gradually increase your time and before you know it you will be addicted to it too!!

Patty - this is confusing having 2 gals with the same name!! I think you are right that when we eat the wrong foods our body does not like it and lets us know!!

Semo - the wedding is getting close now!! you must be so busy!! Hope all goes well.

To everyone else have a good OP day.

Take Care All

Anne

GETTING PAST REJECTION

Does the fear of rejection hold you back? Are you so concerned about what others might think or say or feel about you that it keeps you from taking positive action?
Rejection hurts only when you allow it to hurt, and there's no reason whatsoever for you to allow it to hurt. If someone says no to you, or if someone says something negative about you, that does not change anything about who you are.

The words, actions and opinions of others have no real bearing on your worth as a person. Certainly it is helpful and desirable to make a good impression whenever you can, yet it's not the end of the world when you experience rejection.

When you set out to make a true and substantial positive difference, there will be those who disagree with you, those who ignore you, and those who flat out reject what you're doing. Look beyond them and keep your focus on what you've decided to accomplish.

It's great to have positive feedback, but it simply does not always happen. That's okay, though, because you know where you're headed and you know that your true worth does not depend on the judgment of others. Go confidently forward, do what you know must be done, and let others think what they will.

-- Ralph Marston

Last edited by mooz49; 05-20-2002 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-20-2002, 11:07 AM   #184  
Mooz

Just sharing something with you that I came across on the net - I found it very moving!!

Life sometimes gives you a second chance.

~~~~~

One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I saw a kid from my class was walking home from school. His name was Kyle. It looked like he was carrying all of his books. I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday? He must really be a nerd."
I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on.
As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him. They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him. He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes.
My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, and I saw a tear in his eye. As I handed him his glasses, I said, "Those guys are jerks. They really should get lives."
He looked at me and said, "Hey thanks!" There was a big smile on his face. It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude.
I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived. As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before. He said he had gone to private school before now. I would have never hung out with a private school kid before. We talked all the way home, and I carried some of his books. He turned out to be a pretty cool kid. I asked him if he wanted to play a little football with my friends. He said yes. We hung out all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him, and my friends thought the same of him.
Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again. I stopped him and said, "Boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!" He just laughed and handed me half the books.
Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends. When we were seniors, we began to think about college. Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I was going to Duke. I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a problem. He was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football scholarship.
Kyle was valedictorian of our class. I teased him all the time about being a nerd. He had to prepare a speech for graduation. I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and speak. Graduation day, I saw Kyle. He looked great. He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school. He filled out and actually looked good in glasses. He had more dates than I had and all the girls loved him. Boy, sometimes I was jealous. Today was one of those days. I could see that he was nervous about his speech. So, I smacked him on the back and said, "Hey, big guy, you'll be great!" He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled. "Thanks," he said.
As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began. "Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years; your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach, but mostly your friends. I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them. I am going to tell you a story."
I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the story of the first day we met. He had planned to kill himself over the weekend. He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home.
He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile. "Thankfully, I was saved. My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable."
I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment. I saw his Mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile. Not until that moment did I realize its depth.
Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life. For better or for worse.
God puts us all in each other's lives to impact one another in some way. Look for God in others.
Old 05-20-2002, 02:23 PM   #185  

Good Afternoon

That was a very moving story Mooz... and it's so right, you just never know when your actions can do harm or like this be so helpful.

Welcome Onedayatatime - Glad to have you hear. Are you on any type of program? Like Mooz says start off walking & slowly add more time & distance.

Semo - I guess this is it? Hope you all get wonderful weather. Hope so see you back next week..

Mooz - Did you get your walks intoday?

This morning I got back on track with my Tae-bo. My goal is to tae-bo all week...

talk to you all later...
Old 05-21-2002, 05:45 AM   #186  
Mooz

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!

Just posting something I came across on the net which may be useful to some of you.

Ten Steps to Busting Your Habits
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Remember you were not born with your bad habit. You learnt it, and you can unlearn it.

2) You've practised your habit to the extent that you're good and skilled at it. Now may be the time to stop and become good at doing something else.

3) Don't look for scapegoats and blame others. Be willing and responsible for breaking your unwanted habit.

4) Don't label your habits good or bad; they are just things you do. The question is this: do you wish to carry on doing it?

5) If the answer is No, then make a choice to do something else instead.

6) If you believe that you can and you believe that you can't, you're right on both counts. Remember, you get what you focus on. If you choose to focus on how difficult it is to break a habit then that's exactly how it will be.

7) The best way to stop a habit is to first imagine yourself having conquered it. Take the time to act out in your mind your being in total control.

8) Repetition is the mother of all mastered skills, so when you've acted it out in your mind many times--as a great actor might--then take the time to do it for real.

9) Remember, success is often on the other side of failure; you don't have to get everything right straight away. If you make a mistake and backslide, learn from it and move on.

10) Be patient; allow yourself the time to change.

For more help and advice read Habit Busters or visit our Web site at www.Habitbusting.com.

Will call later hopefully

Anne
Old 05-21-2002, 09:21 AM   #187  

Good morning! Camping was great!! It's always like a mini vacation. For lunch on Saturday I had fresh rainbow trout, courtesy of my husband.
I did a 30 min walk around the campground. I didn't want to run because the road is gravel and I could just see myself twisting an ankle. My ankles are easily twisted LOL.
So, here I am back in the real world now.
We will not camp this weekend due to everyone ELSE camping.

(mooz it's Memorial Weekend, and with July 4th and Labor Day in September, these are the three busiest times at campgrounds)
I have to go dry my hair, so I will catch everyone later.
lauri
Old 05-21-2002, 02:33 PM   #188  

hello everybody I am swell today, Op baby!! (so glad)had a light but good tae bo and weights session, but I feel it for sure, How is everybody doing? Hope good, DS teething again, but it isnt as hard as last time tooth is poppin in faster this time, Not much more going on, Billy blanks is a blast!! TTYL
Old 05-21-2002, 10:49 PM   #189  

Good Evening Ladies

My legs are hurting me today. A friend let me borrow her tae-bo live tape (basic).. & it was hard. There was a lot of ab work & legs. My legs are very sore right now. I think I might go back to my basic tomorrow.

Lauri - Glad you had a great time. Last time I went camping I took my bike and just went for long rides. Your right about the campgrounds, it will be packed. I'm going to stay around the house & hopefully shampoo my carpets... (I live a exciting life huh?)

Mooz - Thank for the 10 steps tips... I have got to learn # 10.. Be patience. I have patience with people, just not with my weight loss.

T-girl - glad to hear your doing your tae-bo.. When are you heading home?
Old 05-22-2002, 04:39 AM   #190  
Mooz

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!

The weather is terrible this morning - wet and windy.I walked 2 miles yesterday and was linedancing for 2 hours for the patients at the MS centre. It makes you think when you see people much younger than you in wheelchairs. There was one lady there who was only in her early 30's and she has 4 wee kiddies.

Patty - you keep up the good work now because you seem to have been in much better form since you started your WOL plan!!

T-girl - glad to see you back to your old self!!

Lauri - glad to hear you had a great weekend - it must have been so nice just to get away from it all.

Gotta go now and get my mum her breakfast.

To anyone I have missed have a good OP day

Take Care All

Anne

Old 05-22-2002, 08:04 AM   #191  

hi there
if you want i can change my username if its going to cause confusion.
At the moment i am doing 1hour at the pool two days a week, when i get there i am very jolly and afterwards i feel a great sense of achievement. The problem is although i know these things i sometimes find it hard to get out of the door, i really don't understand it, to be honest.
Any ideas
lots of love
Old 05-22-2002, 09:15 AM   #192  

Oneday, keep your name.... it's hard to think up a good name, and changing is always a pain....

This weekend my husband and I are building a wooden deck on our house. Provided the weather cooperates. Right now the wind is howling outside and will not let up. On Sunday I will, of course, be watching the Indy 500.

Patty, I love the way my house used to look when I'd shampoo my carpets. So clean.... I don't have carpet anymore because I developed allergies to who knows what and I am less sneezy with wood floors. I spent a couple of hours with an allergist a couple of years ago, getting poked and prodded and never did come up with a culprit. How wierd is that?

Well, gotta go get ready for work, ugh...
lauri
Old 05-22-2002, 01:16 PM   #193  

Hello Ladies

Today has been a good day so far. I'm planning on taking off thursday & friday (vac), that will give me 5 days off... I will definitely have to journal these next few days. I seem to forget about healthy choices around holidays...

Lauri - Wow, I wish I had a hubby that could do carpentry work. Hope you get some good weather.

To the other 1day - You might want to add your name at the bottom, that way we can address you by name... I'm patty by the way.. Way to go on swimming 1 hour. I don't think i'll ever like exercising, but they say to tell yourself just do it for 10 min. & if you still don't want to you can quite. We'll supposedly after 10 min. more than likely you'll continue. Sometimes that works for me and every once in a while I do stop at 10 min.

Mooz - Sorry to hear that your having bad weather. Way to go on going out & walking 2 miles... and 2 hrs linedancing.. YOU GO GIRL... It does make you think about your health when you see others who have so many problems. Diabetes runs in my family, and I don't want to get that. So I really have to work at not gaining any more weight..

T-girl - hope your tae-boing today...

Semo - good luck with the wedding...

talk to you all later
Old 05-22-2002, 02:10 PM   #194  

Hi girls! Just a quick drop in to say hello. Well, rehearsal dinner decorations are all made and my dress is pressed and hanging ready to slip into. Mamma is starting to feel a little sad..... I'm no longer going to be the MOST important woman in my son's life. No really his wife to be is a sweet heart and all I want is for both to be very happy but yet I do feel a little sad.
Welcome to 1Day, glad that your joining us, awlsome group.
Wonder how Jen is and I know she's glad to see her hubby.
I'm working Monday, no holiday for us. Our weather has been so crazy. Lots of flooding around too. Farmers get one or two good days then it rains again.
It's funny that you all were talking about shampooing carpets....Guess what I did the last two afternoons.....right. Think that we have this special sisterhood thing going on.
Well anyway just wanted to check in and let you all know that I've been thinking about you. I'll be back next week and hopefully, no I will be back on track. (((huzs to all)))
Old 05-23-2002, 05:16 PM   #195  

Hello Ladies

I had my weigh in today and loss 1.8 lbs. I'm so excited. I still
need to pick up my pace on exercising, but have been doing good on the food & water.

Hope everyone is doing ok today.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 05-23-2002 at 09:58 PM.
Closed Thread