Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #226  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Eyed Staccie View Post
Does anyone (or have you) had problems with your feet getting kind of numb and tired while doing cardio on the crosstrainer/treadmill? I find after 20 min or so I have to take a break for that reason. I have good shoes - so I am not sure what the issue is? It sometimes feels like my balls of my feet are burning.
i have this problem on the elliptical but not on the treadmill.

people have suggested trying to keep your feet flat on the elliptical pedals (not sure if that's the same as a cross trainer) to help with this problem. i haven't tried it yet though. not sure what to suggest for the treadmill.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #227  

Sorry Stacy I've never heard of that problem I hope you get to the bottom of it.

sws- I Hope you feel better soon.

Fatpants- At least y7ou got a workout in.

I'm off to walk my7self. Have a great day ladies.
Tea- Kepp up the great work.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Mercee--- Thanks for the "pick me up" support! It's not easy to keep going to the gym during my TOM in ADDITION to having a sore throat, lol.

****ATTN to all y'all who love running... I noticed on runner's world magazine online, that they recently reissued a classic running novel called "Once A Runner" by John L. Parker, available on amazon and in bookstores now. Apparently, it's a really popular novel with runners!

--------------------------------------------------

Thursday's workout session:

* 55 minutes on the elliptical machine (Compared to yesterday's pathetic workouts, I did GREAT TODAY!!! My heart rate was an average 143 beats compared to my weak a$$ attempts yesterday--- yesterday, my heart rate average was 109 & 116 for both sessions on the elliptical, bleah )
* Did about 10-15 minutes walking today outside for a change... the weather was soooo lovely with the cherry blossoms out in bloom!
* buns & thighs pilates dvd

**I'm taking cough drops like I'm on crack here due to my sore throat... thankfully the sugar-free kind is only 5 calories per drop! So it makes it easier for me to take it into my calorie budget for the day!

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 04-17-2009 at 12:40 AM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:37 PM   #229  

Friday's session:

* 55 minutes at the elliptical (another good workout on the elliptical! Average heart rate was FAB! 151 beats!!! Whoo-hooo!)
* 15 or 20 (?) minutes walking?

My sore throat is really progressing today ... spent several hours coughing in bed before I dragged my sorry behind to the gym and sweated for 55 minutes on the elliptical.... thankfully, Oprah & Ellen had good interview subjects & topics on the tv propped upon the elliptical as I pounded away the minutes to the end of my session, lol.

***Plus, it helped that I was armed with a small bag of Halls sugar-free cough drops that I took liberally throughout the workout session on the elliptical, lol Only way I could get through a cardio session with this dang sore throat

Usually, I spend Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays doing an hour of resistance training as well, but I just felt tired and was developing a headache in addition to the cramping/bloating from TOM as I neared the end of my cardio session. So I thought to myself, "well, I am sick with a cold and doing an hour of cardio is better than what most people do in this situation...."

So I just blew off my resistance training for the rest of this week. I'll go back to the gym on Saturday for my last cardio session for this week (Sunday is my regular day off from six days of exercising) and then just rest and hopefully see this dang cold go away soon!!

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 04-17-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:06 PM   #230  

Saturday's exercise session:

* 55 minutes at the elliptical (heart rate average was a bit lower today: 129. I'll take it since my last 2 days on the elliptical were pretty high!)
* I'll get back to weight training & pilates on monday Promise!! I'm just taking a "sick" day off here

Hope everyone feels better & have a great weekend!

~ tea
Old 04-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Yes! You need to take sick day!

I'm going to try to go back for a run tomorrow, although just walking today I pretty much coughed all the way home.

I need to get well! I need to lose the 5 lb before I leave!

Oh, I'm pretty sure it was sws19 that asked me where I was going - I'm going to Hong Kong for five days, and then to Taiwan for 3 weeks to visit my brother. It should be good, if not interesting!

~Choirgirl~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #232  
Time To Do This Thing

S/C/G: 195/195/125

is it too late to join this thread? i'd like to try posting to this thread if that would be ok. i say try because i am trying to come to terms with the long string of failures and failed attempts and try to start over, yet again. i am hoping that posting daily about workouts will help with my accountability, especially when the day comes when i often get derailed. maybe this will help me get beyond that place. so if it's ok i will come back and post my workout info. thanks
bluesurfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #233  

Welcome!!! Bluesurfgirl- Please feel free to jump right in. We are here to support each other.

Choir- What a noce vacation. I hope you enjoy yourself.

This weekend I didn't workout but tonight I am back at it. I hope everyone had a great weekend.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:21 PM   #234  

UGH.... my average heart rate on the elliptical was crappy today: 113. I did break a sweat and I bumped up the incline from a level 3 to a level 5 a little over half-way thru the session, since I figured if my body's having "a poor, pity-me, I'm-sick" attitude and not feel up to pumping myself hard on the elliptical, then I might aswell go low impact but increase the incline to challenge SOMETHING about myself I'll find out next week weigh-in if I'm successful in dropping quite a few pounds by then *crossed fingers!!!!*

Monday's workout session:

* 55 minutes on the elliptical machine
* 20 (?) minutes walking
* abs pilates dvd

No resistance training AGAIN. It bugs me, because in my mind, I'm ready and raring to go, but my body is like "ARE YOU NUTS?!" *groans.* I'll see if I'm up to it onwednesday *grumbles.*
Old 04-22-2009, 12:21 AM   #235  

Tuesday's workout session:

* 55 minutes on the elliptical machine (Did better than yesterday ... an average 126 heart beats!)
* 10 minutes walking
* skipped pilates for the legs... too busy today
Old 04-22-2009, 09:37 AM   #236  

cgh - your trip sounds fantastic! can't wait to hear about it.

sooo, i've been kinda mia for a week now because i'm had bronchitis and a fever. i'm still more snotty that normal, but i'm definitely on the road to recovery. not sure at what point i can get back on the treadmill though. i'm starting to get an itchy trigger finger, but i know it's not a good idea cause i'm still coughing.

how've you ladies been?
Old 04-22-2009, 11:15 PM   #237  

I'm happier today... I felt like I was about 85% of my usual kick-a$$ self at the gym... a few more days & I should be done with this dang cold!!

Wednesday workout session:

* 55 minutes on the elliptical machine (*Yippie! My average heart rate on the elliptical was 142 today!!)
* Over an hour of total body weight/resistance training (***Note to self: I need to add another few sets of free weight dumbbells for my biceps... didn't feel like I really lived up to my biceps part of my weight training today ***).
* abs pilates dvd (*I really could feel it in my abs during my pilates dvd since I added some new moves to my abs during my floor work part of my resistance training earlier today at the gym!)
* 10-15 minutes (?) walking
Old 04-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #238  

Hi Ladies!

I didn't get to workout yesterday. I'm dealing with a stomach virus (I am living in the bathroom.) I will be glad when this is over. I also have an awful headache. I hope to be back at it tomorrow. Have a great day ladies.

Great workout
Old 04-24-2009, 12:05 AM   #239  

Thursday's workout session:

* 55 minutes on the elliptical machine (Average heart rate was a little less than yesterday: 137, still not bad! )
* 15 minutes walking
* buns & thighs pilates dvd
Old 04-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #240  

hope you feel better soon!
i have been sick for the last 9 days but am actually gonna try and go for a run later since my cough is nearly gone at last.