Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #271  
Time To Do This Thing

S/C/G: 195/195/125

Height: 5'4"

catching up on posting.

activity since last post

weight lifting 45 min
treadmill 20 min
weight lifting 45 min
weight lifting 45 min
walking 2.5 miles
kick boxing 1 hour

i am going to try to do better with getting back to post more frequently. hope everyone is feeling great!
bluesurfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:48 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

I did a very low-impact version of exercising today on the elliptical... dunno if I was being lazy or if my body just decided it was going to be a low-impact workout or if the air conditioner made me cold so I didn't sweat as I usually do... Sigh

Thursday's workout session:

* 55 minutes on the elliptical machine (The machine said I burned about 580+ calories... I tried to make it hard on myself by jackin' the incline/resistance so I hiked quite a bit here ... didn't sweat very much, but my heart rate was in an steady aerobic state. I guess it's just one of those days....?????)
* buns/thighs pilates dvd

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 05-15-2009 at 01:52 AM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #273  
Time To Do This Thing

S/C/G: 195/195/125

also from yesterday
tai chi/yoga 45 min

today
weight lifting 45 min
kick boxing 45 min

also, on plan with food/nutrition for 2 days now (this is a win for me as i so often go on and off plan, so i am celebrating it as being back on track).

i'm going to try to walk and do intervals on the treadmill tomorrow.

hope everyone is doing great!
bluesurfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #274  

Friday's workout session:

* 55 minutes on the elliptical machine (My average heart rate was 124... better than yesterday, but only a light sweat! I dunno what's up with me I slept well last night, but this is the 2nd day in a row I'm feeling tired out... I do know I'm due for TOM any day now, sigh.)
* Over an hour & 15 minutes of total body weight/resistance training (**The weight training was the best part of my exercise today that I felt I did pretty dang good there! )
* abs pilates dvd (so-so/pretty good on that score )

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 05-15-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:18 AM   #275  

Saturday's exercise session:

* 55 minutes at the elliptical (Sigh... another crappy day on the elliptical... I'm trying but I can't figure it out!!! AUGH! I got plenty of sleep and everything... *groans*)
* 20-25 minutes walking (?) outside.... lovely day!!!
* Pilates for the buns/thighs dvd
Old 05-18-2009, 07:23 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 253.6/246.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

Hi there,

I've been following your thread with interest and wondered if I could join in. I'm also a big treadmill fan, but I'm reading with awe at how well some of you are doing with running. I have a great treadmill program that goes up and down hills and the speed varies as well. I end up jogging for about a minute and a half at a time, three or four times in the thirty minute workout. I'm trying to work up to running longer.

My gym is having a 5K-10K walk/run fundraiser next month. For the last two years I've walked it, slowly. This year it would be great to jog at least half of it.

Anyway, I try and do my treadmill in the morning, and then the gym in the evening ,with Aquafit a couple of times a week as well. At the gym, the elliptical is my fave, with a 30 minute workout buring 400 calories and working up a great sweat. Working on the strenght training as well.

But I'm just back into it....I lost quite a lot of weight a few years ago and then gained it all back because of poor choices and no exercise.

So back at it.....and I think this thread might be a great motivator!
Okpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:13 AM   #277  

Monday's workout session: my exercise mojo is back!!

* 55 minutes on the elliptical machine (I'm a happy 3fatchickie! Despite the stupid heart rate monitor on the machine saying my average heart rate was 126 for the workout, I had a challenging-but-not-that-I-wanna-die session on the elliptical and sweated a whole dang bunch!)
* Over an hour of total body weight/resistance training (I'm SO stoked! I finally got to start doing sets of 15 lb dumbbells today for my arms!!! I could only do one full set of 15 in biceps, then 10, then 8 on my third and last set of bicep curls I could however do all three sets via triceps on 15 lb dumbbells. The only thing I gotta do now is find new ab moves since I'm getting too used/finding it easy to do the ones I'm already doing!)
* abs pilates dvd (need to start advancing here....)
* 20-30 minutes (?) walking
Old 05-20-2009, 01:55 AM   #278  

Tuesday's exercise session:

* 55 minutes at the elliptical (Another great day on the elliptical!! My average heart rate was 146!! And I sweated a whooooole bunch! I had to be careful carrying my book off the elliptical AFTER cooling down, since I was afraid sweat would drench over it!)
* 20+ minutes walking outside
Old 05-21-2009, 01:05 AM   #279  

Wednesday's workout session:

* 55 minutes on the elliptical machine (not a good workout by ANY standards, even though I stuck out for the entire hour ).
* 1 hour & 15 (?) minutes of weight/resistance training (same as above )
Old 05-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #280  

S/C/G: 154/150/118

hi everyone,

I have been interested in walking and losing weight, but havent been successful at it for sometime, I would like to join in your group to get motivated to walk more and lose weight and become more fit for life.

Last edited by jade202; 05-21-2009 at 09:03 AM.
jade202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #281  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

welcome jade! what a great idea!

my workout yesterday was a total disaster. it was meant to be my long run day (6 miles in 60 mins or something approximating that). i could tell within a couple of minutes that things were not going well. i ended up not even being able to make it to 3 miles, and this is at a pace even slower than i have previously done 6 miles. and then i wasn't even able to continue walking beyond about half a mile. i felt totally nauseous. couldn't do weights or situps. and just went home and watched american idol.
boo.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:11 AM   #282  

sws19-- Jeez, that really doesn't sound good I've had a crappy workout session yesterday in both cardio AND weight lifting. I hate those days too.

Hang in there, you'll get a good day's run in soon!!!
----------------------------------------
Thursday’s exercise session:

1 hr 5+ minutes walking outdoors with a friend of mine (lovely weather!)
Old 05-27-2009, 01:12 AM   #283  

Tuesday's exercise session:

* 55 minutes on the elliptical (average heart beat: 131! I enjoyed it today, a nice, slow sweat while reading a book on the elliptical.... )
* 10 to 15+ minutes (?) of walking outside (did a 20 minute brisk walk outside in Seattle on Sunday )
Old 05-28-2009, 03:36 AM   #284  

Wednesday's workout session:

* 55 minutes on the elliptical machine (heart rate average was 171 even though my sweat exertion was less than nil ).
* 1 hour & 15 minutes of weight/resistance training (I'm finding I'm getting better at some body parts than others... today I did three sets of seated two-arm extensions with a 20 lb dumbbell instead of my usual 15!! I also upped the weights on several other machines... can't complete all sets, but I'm feeling some - not a lot - of soreness, post-workout!! ).
* walked 15+ minutes (?)
* abs pilates dvd (Need to improve my abs routine.... or check into new dvds for the abdominals!! )
Old 05-29-2009, 12:03 AM   #285  

Thursday's workout session:

* 55 minutes on the elliptical machine (Hiked at the maximum incline & resistance: level 20 My heart rate average was only 126 throughout the session, but eh, I sweated a pretty good bit and I REALLY feel it in my thighs, oy! That, and my legs were already sore to begin with due to weight lifting yesterday!! LOL!)
* 35+ minutes (?) of walking outside.... gorgeous weather today!