Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 02:42 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue I never made the connection of SkinnyGirl popcorn or her other products that I used on WW. The salad dressings that I bought that she put out were 0 pts on WW. It was okay but not as good as regular or light which cost me pts back then. That is interesting. I figure I will get some good ideas from her book just like I do the others I read or have read. She actually did have to watch her weight because of her Mother. Her Mother didn't like to cook and they ate fast food. all the time but her Mother's Daddy had raised her that "being fat is not an option". So she grew up with that mentality which was difficult growing up eating fast food all the time. She says she has been on every diet there is and that everywhere you go everybody is talking about the latest diet. Her Mother took her to diet doctors etc at age of 9. I still want to do low carb and maybe even ease into more of the SBK at least most of the time.

I told DH last night and told him that having my baby sister around me is very good for me. She has got me back to taking good care of my skin and fixing my face. It makes me feel pretty and young. I've got fake eyebrows coming and she gave me false eyelashes which I'm not sure I will ever get them on but it will be fun almost like when we were young and did makeovers playing dress up. Has away of just lifting you up and making you feel good about yourself. LOL I'm also in the process of trying to get my house cleaned up and ready for company on the 3rd.

Weight is up to 183 thanks to 2 days of eating takeout. Carol Sue that is why I don't really like eating out all the time although I get the idea that Bethenny thinks it can be done. I'm not sure I could because of the sodium. So this means that I will probably have a gain for this week when I have my WI tomorrow. I can't pass up the rolls when eating at the restaurants that serve them and when I go to Cracker Barrel I love their corn muffins.

I've been hungry for cod fish cooked in lemon butter so that is on the main menu today. I have even missed my salads the past 2 days. I will be cooking the rest of this week and no beauty shop Friday. So I can control things the rest of the week. It is true that eating out does really cost us the calories. I do like the idea of not counting calories etc or tracking because I think it may cause me more problems since I seem to worry too much about being perfect and I never am. So I'm not tracking today and will see how that goes. Strange thing is that I have tracked for so many years that it is like trying to break a bad habit. Don't know if I can do that or not. However, I do like the idea of being in control of my own woe. So I will give it a go.

Hope everybody has a good day.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:50 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Trish, I guess I figured that Bethenny is so thin and attractive that she never had a weight problem.

I very rarely even wear make up anymore. I really got away from it when I had to wear a mask everywhere. I must be vein because I think I look younger without it. I used to wear eye make up and never left the house without it but now I'm happy with the way I look without it. I am more concerned with how my hair looks, and my weight. I'm glad you have your baby sister around to perk up your self esteem.

I was not hungry at all at dinner time. DH cooked fries for himself and I cooked a small baked potato in the microwave. We went to Wal-Mart today and didn't buy any snack food. I quickly passed up the cracker aisle. I just stay out of those aisles to prevent impulse shopping.

I would like the cod fish cooked in lemon butter. DH only likes breaded fried fish. I did get him to start eating grilled salmon but I doubt if I could get him to eat baked fish.

The reason we eat out so much is because DH doesn't like anything. I know there are certain things that I can cook that he will eat but if we go to a restaurant we can each order what we want. I order salmon in 2 different restaurants or some type of baked fish. And if I only get vegetables with it its a very healthy diet friendly meal. Or I get a big salad like grilled chicken. It will be my personal challenge to avoid the bread/rolls. The seasonings they use contain sodium but the up tick from it is fluid, not fat. So I don't worry about it. My weight goes down if I'm dehydrated but that's not good either. Its all about the food.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:50 AM   #498  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

You can find the chat for summer by following this link.

https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dia...ml#post5435975
Closed Thread