Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 10:09 AM   #391  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Carol Sue, it's work a try for sure. Now the carbs per meal are supposed to be 30mg and 15 for snacks. We're gonna do individualized meal planning at our next meeting. I'm excited

JesikaBeth, I have noticed when I eat gluten free I don't have the bloating that I have when I eat it. I have not totally excluded it from my diet though it would definitely benefit me
Yes, for me gluten free is a must. Not only bc of the Celiac Disease, but because I feel soooo much better with my fibromyalgia and Hashimotos Autoimmune Thyroiditis. It's definitely different, but even if I didn't have Celiac Disease, I wouldn't go back to eating gluten.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:11 AM   #392  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Thanks for the replies on gluten free everyone. It's kinda ironic (if that's the word I'm looking for, having brain farts this morning LOL) -- being gluten free is a blessing in disguise, especially when it comes to managing my diabetes.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:40 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Trish, I like popcorn too, but DH usually makes it and makes too much. And therefore, I eat it! LOL I have been having sugar free popsicles in this hot weather. That's one of the few things I eat sugar-free.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:39 PM   #394  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

thanks p.a.

Trish I say give the crackers another shot one night with the protein (that's how the dietitian said to eat it) and let us know. Last night I had crackers and pb and my fbs was lower than it has been. Not in the normal range for fasting but 148 is much better than it has been. And it was 128 after church last night. 164 fbs on 6/29, 182 fbs on 6/28 so I'm doing better Trish I love popcorn also

JesikaBeth

Carol Sue if I could find the butter that the theaters put on popcorn I would be in butter popcorn heaven

Have you all heard from fatmad? Is Ruth still popping in? I wish Shannon would come back also.

Last edited by love2b150; 06-30-2016 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:09 PM   #395  

Fatmad, comes and goes. She gets busy with her job, sometimes. Ruth stops in once in a while. Shannon hasn't been here in ages. I miss Bonnie, too. I always wonder how she is. She had a lot going on in her life.

I don't put butter on my popcorn. Too greasy. I haven't been to a theatre in years, and when I did go, I never ate the popcorn. Back when I was a kid, we were never allowed to have snacks when watching TV, and when we went to a movie, we had enough money for the movie, but not for snacks. So I never got into the habit of snacking while watching TV or a movie. Now I think that's a good thing. I could go for some popcorn right now. LOL
Old 06-30-2016, 08:37 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Rennie I will try the pb and crackers. That is a snack that I really do like so it is doable and I hope it works for me.

We are not going to use the original builder for our house in TX. They sent the info yesterday with a drawing and price for us to agree or not agree on. Many of the things we wanted and were made to believe we were getting are not on the final drawing with no explanation. We have wondered for some time if we should use them as they didn't really seem interested and DH had even asked her to tell us if they didn't want to sell to us. Plus they had really raised the price. I'm not sure they should say they custom build the house of you dreams when they don't want to do what you want. I think they should at least say "no we don't do that". Instead, we would be getting what we got when we had this house built. They agree to do all you ask and turn around and do as they please.

We had talked to another builder a year ago that was supposed to start another community south of my sister's community, but they have been having trouble getting it started. However they do have another community about 30 minutes from where my sister lives. They had a couple of houses we liked and had picked one because it has 4 bedrooms instead of 3 and it costs much less than what the other builder offered. They have options to choose from but no custom building. So you know what you are getting at what price up front. They have no problem telling you up front what they can and cannot do before you sign a contract. In fact, when I ask can we have something, this agent tells me right up front whether I can add it or not. So there will be no surprises. You get what they say you are getting and I appreciate their honesty.

Anyway, it turns out that they have the house we can afford to pay for and it is already under construction and will be ready for us to move in some time after August 15th. The Master Bath isn't exactly what we wanted and cannot be changed because it is already done, but DH gets his 3 car garage. He wants to make the smaller garage into a workshop. So he will be happy with that. He will have his office and we will still have 3 bedrooms. Nicer and cheaper than the other builder was going to build. Also, we landscaping is part of this house plan package, whereas we were going to have to do all that ourselves with the custom house. So all in all, we are getting a much better deal. I also found out today that one of my nephews and his family live close to where we are moving. Will have a contract within a week.

I'll try the cracker snack tonight and let y'all know how works for me.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:41 PM   #397  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Fatmad, comes and goes. She gets busy with her job, sometimes. Ruth stops in once in a while. Shannon hasn't been here in ages. I miss Bonnie, too. I always wonder how she is. She had a lot going on in her life.

I don't put butter on my popcorn. Too greasy. I haven't been to a theatre in years, and when I did go, I never ate the popcorn. Back when I was a kid, we were never allowed to have snacks when watching TV, and when we went to a movie, we had enough money for the movie, but not for snacks. So I never got into the habit of snacking while watching TV or a movie. Now I think that's a good thing. I could go for some popcorn right now. LOL
I love the buttered popcorn, but I try not to use it any more. I have heard you can get used to anything. So I am trying to get used to eating it plain. I also take a small paper bag, put 1/4 c popcorn and put it in the bag no oil/butter and close it up tightly and pop in microwave using popcorn setting just like using microwave popcorn. I saw this on tv and it really works.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:50 AM   #398  

Trish, I'm glad you found out about the builder before you signed on the dotted line. I'd hate to see you disappointed after spending all that money. It all worked out in the end with the other builder. You will be moved before you know it.

I used microwave popcorn for years, but then it started to be too salty for me, so we went back to the old way with a pot on the stove. We put oil in the pot and add some salt to the oil. Then the popcorn pops with just the right amount of salt for me. DH makes so much that it over flows the pan. LOL

I had an emergency situation last night. I made pasta for dinner. I can handle it in small portions, but I guess I ate too much. It tasted really good, but my blood sugar soared afterwards. I took the max dose of my meds, but thought I was going to have to go to the ER. Then it finally started to come back down, and by 4 AM it was 146. Not good, but much improved! If I didn't have the Glimiperide I would have had to go to the ER. I have learned my lesson. Lasagne has enough protein with it that I can handle it, but straight pasta, no. I used all that I had and will not buy it again. DH just tolerates it for me, so he will not miss it. I could probably use a substitute, but DH wouldn't eat spaghetti squash or zucchini spirals, so I'll just stop eating it.

Because of the high BS I did not make any popcorn last night, but ate a sugar-free popsicle. And no snack at bedtime.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:12 PM   #399  
~Rennie

Carol Sue I knew I was missing someone. That's why I like to keep in contact some other way than here. Bonnie did have a lot going on and she was doing really well on her journey the last time she was here. I texted Shannon on Mother's day she's doing well I just had some popcorn Carol Sue sorry about the scare but glad to hear you got it under control

Trish, I'm glad you saw through that crocked builder and you are now getting a much better deal Thanks for the tip with the paper bag and popcorn kernels I will definitely give that a try

readings today

141 fbs
103, 2.5hrs after my ham, cheese, egg snack
Old 07-01-2016, 05:30 PM   #400  

Meals yesterday were not bad but no plan. I was tired last night so I had a bowl of cereal for dinner.

Rennie I did try the crackers with pb last night. My FBS as 163 yesterday and 162 this morning so I consider that good since it was 1 pt lower.

I am sorry to say that I started the new month with a 2 lb gain, but this past month has been crazy especially the eating.

I tried bacon again this morning and had tummy problems. I must have a problem with either the combination of bacon with the Sara Lee multigrain bread or the combo of the 2 with eggs because I had a low carb BLT made on lettuce no bread or eggs last week with absolutely no problem. I have even eat bacon and eggs no toast. Needless to say I will not be eating the 3 together for sure nd I may just decide to give up the bacon altogether. I do like the Canadian bacon but just not as much as regular. Haven't been eating it lately and had no problem with my stomach until I ate it this morning. I guess like Carol Sue I just cannot eat it without problems so I will give it up. Sure isn't worth eating it and going through all that.

I wanted to try the low carb again, but if I do I am rethinking South Beach since it is low carb and lowfat. Seems like I may need to go that way. We had nitrate free Hebrew hot dogs for lunch. I was afraid to eat the SL MG bread so I took Romaine lettuce and put the condiments on it even chili and some beans and a couple of hot dogs on between the lettuce. It was so messy that I just cut it up and it really was good. I did have the 15 g carb small bag of potato chips it. It really was good.

The low carb BLT I ate last week was a on FB last week showing how to make it. They took 1 Romaine lettuce leaf, spread some mayo on it, sliced some cherry tomatoes on top of that (I used a tomato a little larger than cherry) and then laid a slice of crisp bacon on top of that and it was sooooo good and no bread. I can see you could do that with a lot of things..

I used 2 lettuce leaves for the hot dog and put mayo on one and mustard on the other which would have worked with the a plain hot dog very nicely but when I added the chili, it was too messy to pick up thus the reason for cutting it up. Sharing because it is a nice way to replace bread for a low carb sandwich, etc.

I have talked to the new builder today and finalized what I want added to the house. The house didn't come with ceiling fans in all the bedrooms just in the M.Bed, FR and DR. We don't want the one in the DR, but they are honest enough to tell me they can't remove the one in the DR, but we can change it later for a chandelier ourselves. DH can do that. They have gone too far to change it out for us or to add the fans DH wants in the garages and the one I want on the covered patio. However, she said their construction workers are good to do it for us if we want to pay them to do it after we move in. They are able to add garage door openers for both garage doors, add wood blinds to all the standard windows, and have them put grass in the back yard. She said she wasn't sure they could put ceiling fans in the other 3 bedrooms or not. She emaild the construction manager while on the phone with me and we are waiting to see if we can add those. I already have the final price with the additions included. In fact, she told me what each thing would cost as I told her what I wanted. All I had to do was add it up myself and I know what it will cost. No dilly dallying everything is up front cut and dry. I ask can we do and she either says yes or no. As soon as she says yes, she is looking it up on her pc to tell me the cost. I tell you, I really enjoy planning this.

I told her my Daddy, sister and her husband, a grandson and a niece and nephew would be overseeing the progress to keep me updated and sent her their names and no problem. In fact, my niece lives 6 minutes from there and she already took pictures and a video and walked through and sent us the video with her telling us about it as she went through. She plans to go back a do it slower. She was just so thrilled and excited she did it too fast at times. What was nightmare with the other builder is going to be a pleasure and fun this time.

Sorry this is long. Guess you can tell I'm excited to find someone who is honest. Y'all have a great 4th of July and those who will still be checking in during the holiday I will see y'all here later.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 07-01-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:35 PM   #401  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Trish, I'm glad you found out about the builder before you signed on the dotted line. I'd hate to see you disappointed after spending all that money. It all worked out in the end with the other builder. You will be moved before you know it.

I had an emergency situation last night. I made pasta for dinner. I can handle it in small portions, but I guess I ate too much. It tasted really good, but my blood sugar soared afterwards. I took the max dose of my meds, but thought I was going to have to go to the ER. Then it finally started to come back down, and by 4 AM it was 146. Not good, but much improved! If I didn't have the Glimiperide I would have had to go to the ER. I have learned my lesson. Lasagne has enough protein with it that I can handle it, but straight pasta, no. I used all that I had and will not buy it again. DH just tolerates it for me, so he will not miss it. I could probably use a substitute, but DH wouldn't eat spaghetti squash or zucchini spirals, so I'll just stop eating it.

Because of the high BS I did not make any popcorn last night, but ate a sugar-free popsicle. And no snack at bedtime.
Boy that is scary. You be careful girl. Obviously you are extremely sensitive especially to the pasta. Just consider it a lesson you must have needed to learn.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:09 PM   #402  
~Rennie

Trish I was up 1.4lbs this morning ... Trish I have never thought of having a hotdog on lettuce. I guess it's no different than bologna with lettuce You have every right to be excited. God is good, I'm happy for you
Old 07-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #403  

Rennie I never had heard or thought of lettuce hotdogs either, but I have eaten hamburgers on iceberg lettuce so after I saw the bacon on lettuce I thought why not try it as a hot dog. I wasn't going to use chili or the beans I had made for DH because of the stomach problems earlier, but you know the thought of the taste and the smell of it cooking got the best of me so I ate a little of it too and just mixed with the hot dog lettuce concoction I had cut up together and it was delicious. I will definitely have it again. And BTW I haven't had any problem with the tummy any more.

Yes Rennie God is so good. I got an email from the new builder this evening and she said "I've got great news for you. I just got the approval from the construction manager for us to put the 3 fans in the bedrooms." She is working on the contract for us so that we can send the earnest money next week to hold the house for us locked into this price we've agreed to. There is such a world of difference in how much more efficient she is compared to what the other builder was. I feel God has saved us from a disaster. He really did watch after us and protected us from a mess.

One of my nieces has already emailed me another set of videos of walking through. My grandson is going to do one too. I figure a young man will probably get pictures girls don't think of which will make DH happy. My sister and Daddy drove out there but had forgotten the directions I had sent them and didn't find it. I think my family and I am having fun with this move.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:54 PM   #404  
~Rennie

Trish, I love the sound of happy in you ... I'm happy for you
Old 07-01-2016, 10:36 PM   #405  

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Trish, I love the sound of happy in you ... I'm happy for you
Thank you Rennie. You are a sweetie. I am looking forward to being with my 93 yr old Daddy and getting to know 5 great nephews ranging from 1 to 5 yrs old and a 2 yr old great grandson. I helped raise some of their Daddies while their parents worked and they don't know me. So yes I am happy and excited. I love having my family around me.
Closed Thread