Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #46  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Saturday morning. FBGL 4.1 this morning and a tiny bit of movement towards the 170s. A good solid sleep after a relatively quiet Friday did the trick.

Some chocolate truffles occupied my mouth for a while last night but they are banished now. There is something about this season that says chocolate. Too bad it doesn't say salad instead! Today will be better although meals will be a tad off schedule. ( I have to work 4 to 7 at the Mill so will have a mid-afternoon snack and a later supper.)

Right now it's time for breakfast with one of those delicious and massive oranges from Florida. I must weigh one because I'm sure Fitday would count them as two fruits! They are just a tiny bit smaller than the grapefruit!
Old 12-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #47  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good morning everyone been busy here last night had the hubby go threw his closet got rid of everything he dont wear. So I went this morning and got rid of at least 3/4 of what was in my dresser. OMG I have this huge pile of clothing on the floor I din't know that I could possibly own this much clothing and I havn't even got to my closet yet God help me If I have not worn it for a while IT is GONE unless I jest have a fav I will keep I feel like I ma drowning in this house we have so much stuff I jest dont want all this extra baggage any more so It will be going....

Well hubby's aunt is comming to get the girls today they are going to go spend the night with her and help her out and we will be going in the am to help her get stuff ready and move furniture and make some room in her garage for us to store our stuff so have one busy weekend here...

Hope all is having a good weekend Check in when I can....
Old 12-11-2011, 05:53 AM   #48  
Come on Spring!

Bonnie, I'm not moving but I cleaned out my dresser yesterday morning too. I can't believe how many bras I have, some of them still in the package. When I lose a bit more weight, I'm going for a professional fitting and may get one that really fits! It's very liberating to get rid of stuff!

3.1 this morning and weight still stuck. I need to get with it and increase my fiber. I plan to make a beef, bean and cabbage soup today to get things moving. It's the time of year for hearty soups and I have all the ingredients on hand.

Happy Sunday, Chickies.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #49  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Good morning. FBGL 5.1 this morning after remembering to take my meds last night and weight is still stuck at 181. It HAS to budge sometime, right?

My friend Donna went for her HA1C results yesterday and was shocked to find she's now a 12! She told me this as she ate a breakfast at the Diner of two scrambled eggs, bacon, home fries, two slices of white Texas toast with peanut butter and jam all washed down with Splenda sweetened coffee because she has to "watch my sugars." I am so afraid for her. Her husband died in the summer after a battle with cancer so she has been pretty stressed out but ... She is talking about going to the gym with me in January which will be good for us both. However, she is going to have to revamp her eating habits - she doesn't "like" vegetables except for potatoes.

Yes, I'm frustrated but it is her problem. All I can do is set a good example.
Ruthie, when I met my husband, he ate potatoes, creamed corn, and sometimes peas and carrots. Now he eats a full spectrum of veggies, with a few things he honestly doesn't like. (brussels sprouts and cauliflower) I am a big veggie eater and he does well now. A good example, and having her over to eat with you, is the way to go.
Being there for her is great.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #50  
Madeleine

Hi all, our holiday party was a lot of fun. the caterer had special stuff for me, but my downfall was the chocolate pavlova for dessert, I did indulge, but I had been dancing all evening, so I didn't feel too bad.
We didn't go to see our friends in Bancroft this weekend, as my girlfriend, who has been struggling with gall bladder problems for years, had a terrible attack this week, and had it removed finally on Thursday night as emergency surgery, there was a stone stuck in the bile duct. Hope they got it before she gets pancreatitis. She is on the mend now. We had been invited to a dinner party last night, but didn't want to reimpose on the hostess after declining, but we went over for coffee and dessert, (didn't have it!) and visited with dear friends. And today, I will go to Toronto and check DD out in what she thinks is THE wedding dress. A lovely weekend none the less even if not what we planned.
Working just 10 more days before the 5 day holiday break. Having the whole crew for Christmas, (my Dad, both girls, son in love, his dad and brother, and my sister and nephew. )
I am really way too lazy though and have to get more exercise. I have not been making it a priority. I am inspired by those of you who have been exercising so regularly. Thanks for that.

Its cold here (-10 C) and DH has a fire going, and I will be off to Toronto in a few minutes. have a lovely Sunday friends.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Afternoon Chickies,

Not feeling well today. I don't know if I'm fighting off a cold or an allergy. Went to bed around 10:30 and got up around 1am because I couldn't sleep. I just couldn't get comfortable. Took an OTC sleeping pill and went back to bed. Today have heavy head feeling and horrible ringing in my ears. Just not up to par. Didn't make it to church. DD had to GS as today was his day to do behind the scenes stuff. I think he has been asked to do it next week too.

Ruthie I sympathize with your friend. It is not easy to face up to things sometimes. So many people think it is all about sugar. I'm afraid I fall into that trap sometimes myself. I hope she will be open to your wisdom and let you help her.

I was up 5 lbs today. I am so at myself. I'm really myself up because of my stupid attitude. I need a good in the pants. It's time for me to get with it holiday or no. Not only am I getting back OP with LC, but will also start the 3 day a week exercise with it as well. Just going to go for it asI know that I have to face the fact that I HAVE TO LOW CARB!!! I did such a beautiful job of getting my numbers under control whan I did Atkins over a year ago. Now I'm having to start over with it. I am doing Induction for a few days to get my eating under control again and to get the FBGL back down. It's not too late to improve my health if I will JUST DO IT. I am craving fish again so I feel that is a good way and time to start over while hungry for fish. I also got an article last week telling of research/tests done in Canada that proves that eggs are actually very healthy for you. I had an egg salad for breakfast this morning. So I'm on my way again. I actually believe that it is sinfully wrong to know how to heal your body with the way we eat and to keep doing the opposite. When I did Atkins, my doc was impressed as well as amazed at how much my numbers had improved in just a few short months. He talked about how I had improved things before any damage had been done. So I know it works, I just have to WORK it and hope I haven't done any damage while goofing off.

Fatmad Like Ruthie and Rie, you are a busy lady. You really did a good job with your eating at the parties. Have a safe trip and enjoy being with your DD.

Bonnie Isn't it amazing how much stuff we collect? Like Ruthie I also have a lot of undies as well as other clothes that I can wear as I lose weight. I refuse to buy any clothes larger than the size I am now so I can't allow myself to gain any more.

Rie, Slmn and everyone else

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:22 AM   #52  
Come on Spring!

Happy Monday morning!

I was out tea-partying yesterday afternoon and succumbed to a slice of Marjory's Christmas cake and I don't even like the stuff! I think my resistance muscle needs to start working out more. I did have a proper supper though - the cabbage/bean soup which was tasty but made a huge amount. I had to switch over to my largest crock-pot.

Today should be a healthy day. I am cooking a smallish utility turkey later to make dog treats and will save some of the breast meat for supper WITH vegetables. I am getting lazy about veggies and need to fix that. I plan to roast some sprouts and wee carrots in the toaster oven and see if that inspires me to eat more. I am suffering from the Big C and really need a "celebration"! TMI, I know but ...

By the way, Donna has rejoined the gym, so starting in January we will be going three times a week for 7:30. It really helps to have someone else going. I hope her enthusiasm - and mine - lasts past her one month trial membership.

Raising my coffee mug to a healthy day for us all.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #53  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

How is everyone going?? Things here are going ok. Went to the aunts and got alot accomplished . Packed a few boxes and got a load on the way to good will . Although my eating was not very good this past weekend I have to say I am up a few pounds but Hopefully can start loosing them here soon. I have so much to do I still want to take time for me.

So I hope all is going well I dont have alot of time right now I will check back in later.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

fbs at 84 today and I had a good breakfast but I didn't work out. I spent Saturday night and all yesterday in lots of pain from my knee. I guess standing on the cement and ringing the bells for 10 hours on Saturday was too much for me. So, I am letting it rest. It sure makes the rest of me achy and out of sorts, though, when I don't work out. We gave out lots of hand-made treats all day and I only had a couple small morsels. It was hard to stand there in front of a table full of chocolate and not even have a taste

Mad, how was the dress? I bet your DD is beautiful.

Ruth, I am sure that your example will be good for your friend. The gym is a good choice in your neck of the woods. We don't want you taking another fall! The big c stuff is no fun. I am chronic. I am still working on it because I just know my system would work better if I find the right balance. Dont forget to include water with the fiber

Trish sorry that you are not feeling well. It seems like there are lots of bugs going around this time of year. One would think that the cold would kill them off. You will get back on plan, I have every faith in you.

I am thinking of Carol and hoping that her health procedures are going well.

Bonnie, you are so busy but it sounds like you are really getting things ready to go! Good for you - and get rid of those clothes - you won't be needing them anymore...... But, keep one giant shirt or pair of fat pants - it will be fun for you to look at them later....

Gotta run. Have a healthy day all.....

Rie

Old 12-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #55  
Madeleine

HI gang. Dress shopping was limited, DD really just wanted my blessing for what she was pretty sure was the dress. IT IS THE DRESS!
It is a v neck sheath, in raw silk and is rusched across the torso. Quite lovely. She looks gorgeous, and it really suits her figure and skin tones.
So thats done. Will need alterations, its off the rack so she got a deep discount, yet its ideal for her.
Weight is ok, haven't lost more weight but still at 177. However, not feeling great, think I am brewing a uti, so did a urine sample and started on macrobid.
Sort of stayed on plan today, used some atkins products for meal replacements. am going to bed in a few minutes.
I got to read everyone, but too tired for personals today.
happy monday.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #56  

I had a really good nights sleep which did help me to feel better this morning. Still had the stuffiness off and on throughout the day as well as the ringing ears. But I am back OP and I've had 2 good lc days. Didn't use WW yesterday, but today I decided to continue using it with the WW plus pts for portion control. I actually do enjoy doing it this way. I just have to be careful to watch out for too much salt and really keep the grains even whole grains to a minimum. Didn't use all the daily pts today so I'm really pleased with that. I was back down 2.5 lbs this morning. I read on the thread I joined that does WW and low carb on another site that WW no longer pushes the grains whole or not. They don't discourage them, but they don't encourage them either. So this is very doable and works... I just have to remain committed to working the plan.

Bonnie - Looks like you are going to be busy for a while packing, moving and then getting settled. I think some of that counts as exercise. Do you have a date you are shooting for to be moved in to your aunts? Continue to check in and let us know how you are doing whenever you can.

Ruthie - I have been slipping on the veggies too. I hope doing the WW plan will help with that because I can make a big salad and the veggies I use are 0 pts which gives me an incentive to eat them not only in the salad but also as snacks. I am so glad your friend is going to be doing the gym with you. Should make it more fun and perhaps you will be an inspiration for her.

Fatmad - Hope your friend is doing well after her surgery. How did your DD like the dress? I know you will enjoy having your whole bunch especially your Dad for Christmas. I would love to have my family especially my Dad here for Christmas, but we all live too far apart as we are all scattered. I think it will be nice to have the children that live here with us. So I will be thankful for what we have and not complain. I've got to get in the mood to bake as I promised the 8 yr old DGD that we will bake when she gets out of school for the holidays. Can't disappoint her. Since I make everything from scratch for the holidays, I will mix the homemade cookie dough and the girls will bake them. She is very excited.

Rie - Sorry about your knee; hope you get to feeling better soon. I don't do well on cement either. I know how you love doing your exercise so I know you are missing it. I may not be able to start mine until after the kids go back to school in January. However, I will be ready to get into a routine by then if not able to do it before. I will do some before January if I can work it out.

Good night. I'll catch y'all tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:39 AM   #57  

Good Morning Chickies

I just had to check in real quick and say things are getting to normal with this way of eating. One more lb and I'll have my 10 lbs off again and my FGL is back down to 123 this morning. Thank God I'm on the right track evidently on the right plan for me. I have a book that says you need to count calories as well as carbs. It is easier for me to eat less carbs and count WW pts. So glad someone figured this out and was willing to share their success doing it and I found it.

Y'all have a great day!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #58  
Come on Spring!

for the weight drop, Patty. Mine is still stuck and nibbling on some truffles yesterday didn't help - chocolate truffles, not the mushroom-type ones. I cooked a turkey yesterday to use when I make dog treats and did snack on some of the meat. I might better have had a proper meal and ignored the candy because BGL is 5.2 this morning.

Raising my coffee mug to us for a good Tuesday.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello All!

fbs at 84 this morning. I had a pretty much on-plan day yesterday. It even included a little wine in my calorie/carb count.

Today the kids at my facility make a fancy lunch for the board of directors and county commissioners. It is a great event and the kids are so cute as they agonize over menus, decorations, and practicing their manners. I can't wait...

This afternoon I am seeing my orthopedic guy. He will drain my knee and inject cortisone. I can handle the procedure but the 36 hours or so afterward will be awful. I always get this reaction in my knee that is so painful. I can also expect bs readings in the 180 - 190 range. The medical people never seem to be worried about that but it always scares me However, after the next couple of days, I will be able to train and workout with less pain.

Ruth, I am planning to make some truffles and a couple other things on Saturday. Then, I am going to get rid of them ASAP. I LOVE chocolate.

Trish, it sounds like the WW and low carb is working great. Yay on the weight loss.

Well, I am off to face the day....

Rie
Old 12-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #60  
Madeleine

HI gang, all well here, weight steady. Maybe daily is too often, but it keeps me honest. I guess looking on the bright side of having these hives, is that the atarax I take at night lets me sleep well, I have virtually no insomnia anymore. The singulair seems to get me through the day and I don't get sleepy from that. So, 2 days in a row I took the dog to the trail for a 30 minute walk.
Big stuff for me, lazy as I am. Today I will go to town and have lunch with my little Lilia, and give her her Christmas gift. She and her parents are going to Holland for the holidays, as their dear friends are there for a year sabbatical.
I got her some red rubber boots (they look like ladybugs) and the fab book,
"Red is Best". That was a fav of my kids. GOt the shopping done for the grand nieces and nephews. Just a few more little things to do. I am not baking except for dessert for Christmas dinner and I think if I can make a sugar free pavlova, that will be perfect. In past years, I made a sugar free nut torte for the cake, and made an (almost) sugar free trifle for dessert. (cant get sugar free sherry, and the berries have a bit, but the custard and cream can be sugar free, low carb, but sinful!)
While I am in town, will plan to go to yoga, so as long as I don't get called out, will be good for exercise today. Have to get in shape for cross country skiing.!
Must be having a good day, feel inspired.
hugs to everyone, especially Bonnie while you are packing and making big changes for the benefit of your family.
Closed Thread