Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick flyby this morning. A busy day ahead of me. Taking DSIL to get car tags for their vehicles... switching from FL to SC. Then DH and I plan to go to Costco in Charlotte. This evening oldest DGD is in a school play tonight. I will get my exercise today by walking, walking, and walking.

Bonnie - You know reading what Fatmad and Ruthiewrote made me realize that my kids always enjoyed Christmas whether we had much or little. In fact we all seem remember and talk about the Christmases or holidays when we had the least not when we had the most. I think that's because they knew there was one thing we always had and that is that we loved each other. That's what your's will remember too.

Be back later to catch up and do indies. Y'all have a good day!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello All.

Fbs at 76 this morning. I had my usual breakfast and a workout. In the middle of a busy week.

Trish, it really sounds like you are learning some things that will help you cope and make the best of things. I am glad.

Ruth, I am so greatfull that your lows seem to wake you up! I worry about being low in my sleep. May be time for that med change. You often express surprise based on what you ate. Is it possible that the med is "over-reacting" to carbs and causing lows?

Connie, nice job on passing the desert. Even nicer on not feeling deprived.

Fatmad, congrats on successful deliveries and on caring for yourself.

Bonnie, I am a big believer in extended families and it sounds like you know that this will work for all of you. I am glad. I used to feel really bad when my kids were young and I was a poor single mother. I felt like I could only give them puny presents. To my surprise, they have both told me in recent years that they have really fond memories of those times. "Family game night, borrowing movies from friends, our habits of the time". We used to also volunteer one day or evening at the mission or food bank as a family. My boys grumbled but they still love those memories. all were fond memories of love and caring. I am sure that your kids will be the same. As for the excercise, consider logging the heavy activity that you will be doing as you prepare to move. One of my sites (the presidents challenge.org) counts household tasks and other everyday activities as excercise. I hope that you can be kind to yourself right now. You have made such great progress and I dont want you to get down on yourself now....

I must run now and get to work. I will check in later.

Rie
Old 12-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #33  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

I jest did 1 hour of walk it out and am feeling pretty good...... Thanks everyone for the kind words my kids no that money is tight and my daughter even said lets wait for Christmas till after we move.. Smart kids I know . So far today is going good...
Old 12-07-2011, 06:22 AM   #34  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Fly-by post as my day is already gearing up. Did not take ANY glyburide last night and FBGL was 4.6 this morning. I'm still puzzling over yesterday's low.
Healthy eating is the watchword today - broccoli soup is cooling, ready for packaging.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #35  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Good morning everyone. Have an early doctor appointment today. Insomnia for a while last night, so am still dragging in spite of the quiet night. Looking forward to my new schedule in January, so I won't have to get up for work when on call. Can just sleep until done or the pager goes off.
weight is the same, and am having a little cheat of something sweet (with splenda after supper, and must give that up, the habit as much as anything, and to shift the weight.
I am dragging about food right now. Last week I was enjoying cooking everything from scratch, this week it just seems like a chore. I am hungry but not inspired to cook anything. Maybe just tired and will be better with sleep.
I am glad to hear everyone's experiences of Christmas in poorer times. I don't remember things being terribly tight, but I know my parents weren't spenders when I was little. My favourite gift the year I was 4 was a red ball. That's it, an 8 inch red ball. My mother recalled that so vividly, she gave me one for my 40th!, I still have it and treasure that moment of opening it up at my 40th, and we all laughed for a long time. My kids and husband didn't get it of course, until explained.
this year the handmade gifts from my girls made my 50th so special, and although I love the rolltop desk my husband gave me, the low cost but thoughtful gifts from the girls made my day. I will keep that in mind this year for them.
love to all
Old 12-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #36  

Good Morning!

fbs at 82 this morning and I got in my workout. I am a little puffy and my rings are tight. I can't see anything really salty in my diet yesterday but who knows. I will push the water today.

Bonnie. Good job! Nice to have you back and your ds sounds like a really good girl.

Mad, being tired can cause all kinds of disruption. I hope you get rested. Your gift descriptions made me smile.... I was snackish myself last night for no reason. I had a small serving of fiber one cereal and it helped.

Ruth, the soup sounds lovely!

Trish, busy day. Enjoy!

Everyone else, I will be back tonight. It is a bye week for pool league and I am going to practice, then come home to my house in solitude. I might work out again, then relax with 3fc. Later

Rie
Old 12-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 209/157.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, DD & GD are moving back in with us for the month of December. Hopefully after that DD's significant other will have a plan put together for taking care of his upcoming family! He is just finishing his degree next week and has to be out of his current apartment by the end of next week so DD & GD are coming back home so they don't contribute to the stress he is already feeling.

Also, we welcomed our newest GD to the world yesterday. My DS & DIL have been married 13 yrs, could not conceive so adopted two baby boys who are not 7 & 3, then she quite unexpectedly became pregnant! Both Mom & baby are doing well.

Finally had some movement (downward thankfully) on the scale. Down to 157.5 this morning! Gives me some motivation to get through the rest of the week.

Hope everyone else is having a great week.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:53 AM   #38  

Just a quick flyby to to say Busy morning. Will try to get back later. Y'all have a great day!!!

Last edited by pattygirl63; 12-08-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:18 AM   #39  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

GOod morning all, a little change down on the ticker today. Still not back to the 170 I was at a couple of months ago before the hives started. They are worse today, after indulging in a diet ginger ale last evening. That may be a trigger, so will take pelligrino water to my staff holiday party tonight. The food is citrus free, (a guarantee by the caterer, who is awesome) so it will be safe, but I don't think will be on plan. I may eat before going and just stick to veggies. I will just enjoy the chance to dress up and dance.
Looks like people are getting busy, I have the weekend off. We were supposed to visit friends, but the one friend may need emergency gall bladder surgery, so likely not going anywhere.
In any case, there is a whole lotta moving going on here, with families getting into close quarters! Hope it goes well everyone! I guess my own DD (the younger) will be home soon.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #40  
Come on Spring!

Fly-by for me too after a late start. Forgot my meds last night and had a 6.6 reading. I need to smarten up.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #41  

Hi all!

fbs in line all day but I am definitely off plan. I spent the day baking goodies and making candy with the kids at work and I sure tasted stuff I did work out this morning so after standing on my feet for almost 7 hours straight today I am tired. The kids always like the day when I cook with them. It was fun.

Be back tomorrow.

Rie
Old 12-09-2011, 07:42 AM   #42  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. FBGL 5.1 this morning after remembering to take my meds last night and weight is still stuck at 181. It HAS to budge sometime, right?

My friend Donna went for her HA1C results yesterday and was shocked to find she's now a 12! She told me this as she ate a breakfast at the Diner of two scrambled eggs, bacon, home fries, two slices of white Texas toast with peanut butter and jam all washed down with Splenda sweetened coffee because she has to "watch my sugars." I am so afraid for her. Her husband died in the summer after a battle with cancer so she has been pretty stressed out but ... She is talking about going to the gym with me in January which will be good for us both. However, she is going to have to revamp her eating habits - she doesn't "like" vegetables except for potatoes.

Yes, I'm frustrated but it is her problem. All I can do is set a good example.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #43  

A quick one here today. My computer has been acting up. I'm not sure what is happening. I think too many people using it. I never let kids on my pc and came home the other day and oldest GS was on it which makes me wonder who goes on it when I'm not here. May have to start putting it away when not here.

Been a busy week and had hoped today would be quiet after I get laundry done, but DH told me before he went to bed that we need to go out to pick up meds. The man called in our meds and I can't find one of my prescriptions. Oh well. Got a really busy week end so not sure when I'll be back in here. DGS goes early to help set up Sunday morning and asked if it was okay if he does it next week as well. Means no days to rest.

Ruthie Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope she will get some good advice from her doc.

See y'all later.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #44  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hi all ,
Been busy here starting to get some stuff packed and go threw stuff so I can get some of this stuff done. We have so much to do inside and out side. Been on plan for eating I jest have not had the chance to work out. I wot lie the other day I was reading one of my ebooks I had ten in the series and I was on the 10th one I could not put it down I ended up staying awake till 2 am to finish it but it was so worth it. But I figured everyone needs a days of being lazy especially with so much stuff that needs to be done.

Looking around this house I wonder what the world am I doing with all this stuff I do realize I have three children but seems like I have so much stuff for 10. Looking for a place for my two kitties They are solid white and I need to find them a home both are fixed and inside cats so I hope we can find someone special for them... Then we have two dogs too we are looking for them a new home too. We will be giving the two huge fish tanks of fish to the fish store. so at least we can get something going...

Well so much on my mind I have to get in here and get some of this stuff going . Until I have a chance to get back on here......
Old 12-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #45  

Good Morning!

fbs at 90 this morning. I had some sweets yesterday while I was baking with the kids. Oh well. It was fun. I did 2 hours of walkitout this morning and had a healthy breakfast. I plan to get my online shopping done this morning...

Tonight is the monthly charity pool tourney so I will be up until about 2am. Then, tomorrow I ring the bells for the salvation army with my staff from 10am until 8pm. Sunday is another charity event. It's gonna be a long weekend and I hope that my knee holds out. I probably won't be on here in the morning.

Ruth, sorry about your friend. It is so hard to watch. I hope that she gets some more education. So many people are kind of "old school" in terms of diabetes and don't understand the concept of carbohydrates. My dad is still convinced that he needs to watch is fat... All we can do is set a good example.

Bonnie, I sure don't envy you the move and all the changes that go with it. It sounds like you have a good plan. And yes, you are entitled to a break. I love to read. Don't feel that you have to post - you feel free to just check the thread any time. We are here for you!

Trish, it sounds like you also have busy weekend ahead! It might be a good idea to password protect your computer..... I would raise H...LL if I found out that they were using it without my permission! NOT ok.

Hey Mad! How did the holiday party go?

Well, I need to get going. Have a great day!

Rie
Closed Thread