Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello All

FBS at 84 this morning despite some bad behavior on my part yesterday and last night. I ate a cheeseburger with onion rings for lunch at at the tourney and drank way too much wineI did not work out this morning because my knees and back are aching something fierce. I was literally on my feet for more than 12 hours.... Back on track with eating today.... Back on track with excercise tomorrow.

Yay Trish! 10 pounds is an AMAZING loss! It sounds like you have found the answer.

Later!

Rie
Old 12-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #17  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

trish that is amazing. congrats!
Ruth, thanks for the wave, hope you slept ok.
I may have a sleepless night, after a quiet weekend, had a delivery this afternoon and an induction to start in the morning, but in the mean time, I think the lady with labour on her own before then, and I will be up with her tonight.
DH made a lovely supper of roast pork and roast veggies, and I will have a little nap until needed. ttfn
Old 12-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I've decided that I would use the lbs lost avatars to remind myself of the weight I've lost. I notice that they are in 5s and 10s. So hopefully that will also help me to stay OP to work toward another 5 lb loss. I think I'll set my goals at losing 5 lbs at a time.

Let's hope we all have a great week.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Raising my mug of Keurig coffee to a good week. BGL a nice solid 4.8 and weight steady at 180. Forgot my diuretic for two days but am back on track now.

Challenge today is my Quilting Biddies luncheon, a planned pot luck. I'd hoped to sign the list early and bring Taco Bake but ended up doing dessert. I made and froze a rum cake last week and just took it out of the freezer now. I am keeping my fingers crossed that somebody brings something healthy for the main course. If not, I'll have to be very careful!

The Christmas machine is cranking up, girls. Hang on tightly!
Old 12-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #20  

Yesterday was a very carby day. DGS turned 18 and we took everybody out to Ryan's for his birthday. I usually have no problem eating at Ryan's. I know lots of people have problems with buffets, but I usually don't. I think what happened is that I only had a snack for breakfast to save for eating out and then didn't plan well like I usually do. So by the time we got there I was starving and EVERYTHING looked good. I just didn't have a good plan like I usually do. I did not follow my IE rules I live by. I never allow myself to get to that stuffed feeling that I hate so. But we were all having such a good time that I wasn't paying attention to my feelings and I didn't realize what I had done until I was already miserable. Didn't eat anything else until we did DGS birthday cake and presents later in the evening. I am definitely back OP today.

Working on finding a way to get exercise in and figured out that I can do my 20 min Walk Away the Pounds when I put the baby down for a nap. Then I will let DH and DGD watch the baby while I do 10 minutes on the stationary bike around 4 or 4:30 in the afternoon while I watch a game show on tv. I'm shooting for 30 minutes 4 days a week. Some time next years I would like to build up to 45 minutes.

Mad - The pork roast sounds sooo good. I may have to get one to cook for next week. I know you are such a blessing to your mothers bringing little ones into this world. I know you have been such a blessing to all of us with the info you are so willing to share with us. I can tell that DD is going to be that type of nurse. We need more like y'all. As difficult things have been getting adjusted to each others ways, I am very proud of her.

Rie- Yes, I believe that I have found the answer for me. I don't usually have a big weight loss in the beginning of a diet. I have always been the one who followed the rules to the letter only to have small losses or even a gain while everyone else around me had the big losses. I think one reason I had such a good loss was that some of the gain was water and hadn't been gained all that long. I've learned some little helpful tricks from the WW/LC group that I found to help keep me from letting a mistake turn into disaster. For example, when I have an off day like I had yesterday, I learned not to let it make me feel like a failure but just use my weekly points. One person said she just counts the pts and moves on. I'm not sure how bad I did so I'm just counting all my weekly points for this week as already spent, although I don't think I used all of 49 of them, making it a legal off day. The rest of the week I will only use my daily pts and if I feel I want more then I will have to work for it with exercise to earn Activity Pts. It is something I can work with and live with and having to earn Activity Pts will help me get exercise going.

Ruthie, Bonnie and everyone else
Old 12-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello All!

fbs at 79 this morning and I got in an hour workout. I woke rested and feeling good despite a general restlessness all day yesterday. I am looking forward to the week. I have a plan to eat and excercise well all week with the idea that I may slip a little on Saturday when we are ringing the bells for the Salvation Army. I think I need to get my shopping finalized and in order so I can feel more relaxed. And, of course, I need to get the oral surgery scheduled.

Fatmad, good luck with the long night ahead and the delivery. My oldest is 32 and I still have such fond memories of a labor and delivery nurse who stayed with me and took care of me. Even though I ended with a csection, I can still picture her face because of her kindness. Bless you.

Trish, it sounds like you have a good plan to get in some moderate excercise and to manage the occasional off-plan eating. Like you, I strongly believe that this is NOT a diet - I need to do this for the rest of my life and the weight will take care of itself.

Ruth, have fun at the quilt luncheon.

Bonnie,

Be Back Later.

Rie

Old 12-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #22  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Some one Please Help me I have been feeling down here this last week and thought I have not went to sugar I have went to carbs .... I must get myself back together and keep going.. I dint exercise all week last week so I am up a pound or two . I must get it back before I fall off the cliff and I cant come back!!!!!

On the Brighter note It is official we are moving in with the aunt we are going to be move out of here by the end of January.. Spent the day with the aunt and her daughter yesterday and both agreed it was all a go. But were not building a apartment in the garage we will be staying in the house like we did before. It all worked out last time I know it will now. We all get a long great. It will be good for everyone. We set all the kids sown and told them what was expected and so on and all agreed.. So now I have so much to do I have to pack and go threw everything we have..

It is time for lunch I think a tuna sandwich is calling me. I will get back here later if i am able....
Old 12-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 209/157.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I got the decorating done in the kitchen - noticed a spot on the door that kept bothering me, so washed the door, then the other two doors, then the walls, and the cupboards! Also started decorating in the dining room - only had to wash one wall in there! Hoping during the week this week to get the Living room organized so I can get the tree up over the weekend. Meant for this to be a quiet weekend, but had a really busy bug in me. My DIL says I was nesting for her as she is due to have a baby any day. Was over budget in the eating both Sat and Sun - back in the groove today. Weekends are so hard for me! Sleep was off last night, am determined not to take sleep aids as I get in the habit of them easily. I have some relaxation music that helps - hopefully tonight will be better. Had a birthday here at work this morning - complete with apple pie and some frothy raspberry desert. I made and drank a cup of tea while everyone else indulged. I felt good about it, not deprived. Had a nice low cal/fat/carb soup for lunch.

Hope everyone is having a great start of the week.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly50 View Post
Some one Please Help me I have been feeling down here this last week and thought I have not went to sugar I have went to carbs .... I must get myself back together and keep going.. I dint exercise all week last week so I am up a pound or two . I must get it back before I fall off the cliff and I cant come back!!!!!

On the Brighter note It is official we are moving in with the aunt we are going to be move out of here by the end of January.. Spent the day with the aunt and her daughter yesterday and both agreed it was all a go. But were not building a apartment in the garage we will be staying in the house like we did before. It all worked out last time I know it will now. We all get a long great. It will be good for everyone. We set all the kids sown and told them what was expected and so on and all agreed.. So now I have so much to do I have to pack and go threw everything we have..

It is time for lunch I think a tuna sandwich is calling me. I will get back here later if i am able....
Bonnie You have done beautifully with your eating and your exercise. If I remember correctly, correct me if I'm wrong, you were not able to exercise for a few days there. So don't be down on yourself about any of that since it was beyond your control. My doc doesn't get upset about a couple of lbs gained because he says it can be caused from water, etc not because you've actually gained weight. If your weather is like ours today, try to remember that it can cause you to feel a little down. You have come so far and accomplished so much. I really don't know why you are feeling down, but please don't give up. It could be a number of things that has nothing to do with food. I got off and still don't know why, but it has taken me way too long to get back on a plan. If you think you can't do it, try to step back and see what you have accomplish and remember that you have proven to yourself that you can do this. I have no doubt that you will not give up but you will continue and be successful. Please share your feelings or thoughts with us if you need to so we can help you better. Hope you know that you have been a real inspiration.

Bonnie I'm glad you have made a decision concerning moving in with the aunt and everyone is in agreement. I don't think you will have any problems. I've thought back to how I felt when deceased hubby and I lived with his grandparents and remember what I wanted in the relationship. I realize that she and her DH just want to be mothered. DSIL Mother is still living but is so far away and her Mother is deceased. I realized that my fears of it not working for all of us was clouding my vision and I was seeing some things wrong. She has even voiced some things recently concerning the children especially disciplining the youngest girl that she doesn't know what to do. They don't even know how to wash their clothes properly. I had to show her hubby how to wash his work clothes last night. So my situation is just different from what I thought it was. It isn't that they will not do certain things, the problem is they don't know how and DH and I have to help them learn. You and your family will do fine living with the aunt and you are going in to it with the discussion in advance and you have successfully lived with her before which is a lot going for you. Have a great day.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by suttercm View Post
Hope everyone has a great weekend. I got the decorating done in the kitchen - noticed a spot on the door that kept bothering me, so washed the door, then the other two doors, then the walls, and the cupboards! Also started decorating in the dining room - only had to wash one wall in there! Hoping during the week this week to get the Living room organized so I can get the tree up over the weekend. Meant for this to be a quiet weekend, but had a really busy bug in me. My DIL says I was nesting for her as she is due to have a baby any day. Was over budget in the eating both Sat and Sun - back in the groove today. Weekends are so hard for me! Sleep was off last night, am determined not to take sleep aids as I get in the habit of them easily. I have some relaxation music that helps - hopefully tonight will be better. Had a birthday here at work this morning - complete with apple pie and some frothy raspberry desert. I made and drank a cup of tea while everyone else indulged. I felt good about it, not deprived. Had a nice low cal/fat/carb soup for lunch.

Hope everyone is having a great start of the week.
CONGRATULATIONS Connie!!! Great job on handling the party and not feeling deprived. Quite an accomplishment.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #26  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Trish Thanks I know I tell myself I have to get back into working out daily I am gonna make it a point in the am I need this. I have been indulging in the carbs and I have to stop that Done told hubby I need to go grocery shopping for me. I am excited about moving with the aunt . ME and her daughter used to work out daily and we are planning on getting back into it. Plus I thought about jining the community center too they have a full gym..

I guess I was feeling a little depressed that we dont have any money aqnd isnt sure we can do anything for the kids for Christmas. All the Bills are paid we jest dont have no money left.. still depressed and the move will help alot for that. I must do what I need to....
Old 12-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly50 View Post
Trish Thanks I know I tell myself I have to get back into working out daily I am gonna make it a point in the am I need this. I have been indulging in the carbs and I have to stop that Done told hubby I need to go grocery shopping for me. I am excited about moving with the aunt . ME and her daughter used to work out daily and we are planning on getting back into it. Plus I thought about jining the community center too they have a full gym..

I guess I was feeling a little depressed that we dont have any money aqnd isnt sure we can do anything for the kids for Christmas. All the Bills are paid we jest dont have no money left.. still depressed and the move will help alot for that. I must do what I need to....
Awe, I'm so sorry about the funds not being there for Christmas. Deceased DH and I had to tell our kids that one year when they were young. It is amazing how kids seem to be more concerned for you than themselves. We've told the grandkids that we can't do a lot like they are used to because we have to spend the money on things to take care of them. The youngest GD doesn't understand and wants lots of presents which I've gone to dollar stores to buy for her since she is young enough to be happy with things from there. The older kids are more understanding. They will get something but it won't be a lot or as expensive as we probably could spend if they weren't living here. Of course the economy doesn't help either. I pray that things go well for you.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #28  

I got my 30 minutes exercise done today. Sure had to make myself do the 10 on the stationary bike. DGD just came in and told me that her Step-dad doesn't work tomorrow so I can sleep in. Sure hope I can sleep. Had a good food day as well. See y'all tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #29  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi everyone, managed to stay on plan today, in spite of busy work stuff. All healthy babies, just many at once after a quiet weekend. so off to bed soon.
Bonnie: small Christmas gifts are ok. Your kids have parents who love them, who are doing what it takes to be able to feed and clothe them and take care of them. even the smallest little gifts are meaningful when you have love in your family. Thats what they will remember when they grow up, not that they didn't get nintendos and xboxes.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:30 AM   #30  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Grrr. Woke at 2 and could not get back to sleep. Finally got up at 3 and tested my blood - 2.1!!!!! I have no idea why as I had pasta for dinner and indulged in some chocolate snacking in the evening and was expecting a high. I've had juice and am eating a delicious orange than just arrived from Florida yesterday. It may be time to cut the glyburide completely - I'm at a half dose of 2.5 right now.

Survived the pot luck yesterday without even a nibble of the desserts. Luckily there were some yummy salads for a change. I sent the remains of the rum cake home which worked out well.

Bonnie, I well remember Christmases when I was a single parent and money was really tight. Those are the years my kids recall now. Hang in there.

Raising my coffee mug to a good day for us all.
Closed Thread