Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #136  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It was cat allergies, PTL, so the sniffles are gone.

BGL 3.1 this morning and weight back down to 181. Just a pound of Chinese food water weight.

At the party last night, I did not have a single morsel of Christmas goodies or a sip of the deadly punch. It was peach schnapps, vodka, sugar syrup. grenadine and full sugar gingerale! Nobody else had much of it either because it was probably deadly. What was she thinking? Everyone was driving and the cops are out in full force doing Ride Checks.

Today I am off for a poached egg and ww toast breakfast with the group at the Diner. I'll try to keep my mouth shut when two of the diabetics order french toast with syrup AND berries. I have turkey soup thawing for dinner and will have a big salad plus some of the friendly party leftovers from the freezer - lamb kebabs come to mind. NY's Eve party tomorrow night, a dinner party here on Sunday and two open houses Monday and Tuesday. Lots of fun but a feeding frenzy, I'm afraid. My resistance muscle is feeling strong but that may change.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello All.

My bs went up last night and stayed in the 120 - 130 range for several hours. It is back down to 82 this morning, despite a fairly sleepless night. I ate very little yesterday so Maybe the anesthesia, the trauma from procedure or my darn liver panicking because I didn't eat. I have been told that most diabetics get lows when they don't eat at all but I tend to get spikes. I have a lot of bruising on my face today. I may not be able to attend little dgs birthday party tonight

Ruth, I am never sure what people think when they serve a loaded punch like that A glass or two of wine is different. Your willpower muscle is really getting a workout with all those social events!

For eating today I will be on broth, yogurt and maybe a little cottage cheese. The options for really low carb very soft foods are really limited. Anyone have any other ideas?

Everyone have a good day today.
Rie
Old 12-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #138  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Ruthie, you have a social life that is the envy of us all, but I don't envy the temptation you have to deal with.
Rie: I'm wondering about the pain meds having an effect on your sugars, but I don't doubt that not eating might send your liver signals to spike your sugars too, although if you keep up with the metformin its supposed to prevent that.
Most of us type 2s can spike easily.
Bonnie, glad the move has gone reasonably well. Good luck in the new digs.
Trish, hope DH keeps getting better. THe high INR can be scary. But so are clots. Its hard to find the balance.

I had an alnighter again, all babies and mamas doing fine, but was really wasted. Did a better job with food. Today was a bit carby, but I worked on portion control, not having junk. (steel cut oatmeal and butternut squash soup). Weight at ticker.
Going to bed early again.

I had asked for an e-reader and didn't get one at Christmas, but DH got it today for me, in fact its a playbook. I will be able to use it for traveling and not carry the laptop around all the time. I downloaded a short story from a fav author and read it already.
Am on call for the new years weekend, so need to get food ready.
If I don't post again this year, you will know why.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:02 AM   #139  
Come on Spring!

Fly-by this morning but glad to see that Rie and Trish's DH are on the mend.

Just read back in my journals for Dec. 31sts passed and realize this is the first Christmas season I've not been recovering from a cold. Maybe healthier eating is building up my resistance to germs. (That being said, I'll probably start to sneeze and cough tomorrow!) .

BGL 3.1 this morning and weight 180,2 - maybe it'll drop to 179 tomorrow and I can reinstate my ticker.

NY's Eve party tonight but it's buffet and I can eat my way around that easily. It's supposed to be quite elegant and I hear rumours there will be oysters! At least oysters are low calorie. This certainly has been a holiday loaded with temptations but I'm feeling good to have held the line around 180. Serious stuff begins tomorrow!

A happy and healthy 2012 to us all!
Old 12-31-2011, 11:21 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Everyone!

I am still recovering. bs has been stable in the low 80's. Of course, my calories and carbs have been really low - I am just eating small mini-meals to take medications. I made it to dgs birthday party last night so he was happy with that.

We are having lovely weather here this weekend. It makes me wish that I could be out taking a walk. I am not allowed to exercise until at least tuesday. I guess because they don't want a raise in heart rate. I am babysitting tonight because I am not going out and ds has been invited to a house party. I hope everyone enjoys the evening.

Mad, did you make the squash soup? I love squash in all its forms. It never makes my bs go up - maybe all the fiber? Is your dd still at home?

Bonnie, I hope you are settling in well at the new place.

Ruth, an elegant buffet sounds wonderful. I will give you my share of the oysters - ok? I never developed a taste for them.

Trish, I hope that dh is still on the mend and that you are enjoying the holiday break.

I will be hoping for improved health and wellness for each of us in the new year. I am thankful to be a part of this group.

Rie
Old 12-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Ruthie - I'm glad it turned out to be an allergy to the cat and not a cold. It's really nice to know that you ended this year without a cold and healthier. I'm equally sure you will see that 179 as well.

Rie - I know how you miss your exercising and will be glad to be able to get back to it Tuesday. Glad you are on the mend.

Fatmad - Hope your New's Years weekend goes really well. It is always fun to see who has the 1st baby of the new year.

Bonnie - Hope you are getting settled in.

I am happy to say that my ticker is right on. In fact, I may have lost another lb and be able to move it down, but will wait a few days to be sure. I made my goal though, I am starting the new year without a weight gain. I am so thrilled.

Our doc was back in the office Friday and his nurse called and said DH could go for the blook test on Monday. I got his records from the hospital and a lot of the stuff is wrong. They show him taking meds he has never taken in his life. There is a lot of conflicting info... that is what happens when you have too many doctors and your doctor isn't one of them. We see our primary doctor Wednesday. I will be glad to see what he thinks about a lot of things when we see him.

Nothing much going on here tonight or this weekend. I'm just thankful that I have my hubby home to start the new year with. Don't think I'm going to church in the morning. I've just been on the go so much for the past week and feel I need a break. Y'all have a Happy New Year's Eve. Catch y'all tomorrow.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #142  
Come on Spring!

New year, new month. See you in the January Thread.
Closed Thread