Old 03-29-2005, 07:58 AM   #181  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi girls! I am so sorry that I have been MIA for so long. I have been really having some complicated health issues, and I have been feeling just awful. All of my energy has been going toward just basic survival here!

I have not fallen by the wayside with my food, though. I'm doing o.k. with it, and chugging the water like crazy. I think it's a habit now!! Woo Hoo!! Exercise has been here and there...I've been sleeping a big part of each day it seems. Hopefully today I can get back in gear with that, and with my toning too. I have not given up - I promise. I'm down to 154, which feels good. I'm finally in some of my 10's again, thank goodness.

I have really, really missed checking in with you guys. Again, I apolgize for not posting. It is a ghost town in here...let's all check in and say hello in the next couple of days and get our group going again!

((((((Julie))))))....Glad to hear about your motivation girl! You can do it! Let me know if you decide on WW! We can share ideas!

Gabrielle - Hello! How's your job going? Hope you have a good day today!

Well, gotta run...the kids are getting crazy! BBL!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:58 AM   #182  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks.

I'm still here and reading. I've just been feeling rather depressed for the past few days and haven't felt much like posting. I guess I'm waiting for my motivation to kick back on or something. I don't want to move or anything. At the very latest I'll force myself to get back into it on Sunday, when I finally get to change my birth control. Hopefully then my metabolism will start picking up speed again, and my futile efforts at weight loss will no longer be futile.

Julie, mind sending a little of that motivation my way? Sounds like you've got enough for both of us.

Lisa, take it easy and get better! And congrats on the 154 and the size 10's!

Anyway, I've gotta go get ready for work. Have a great day, chicks.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:13 AM   #183  

well so far so good this week. Haven't gotten exercise (unless you want to call walking the sales floor a few hundred times yesterday exercise) but am liking my job. Just need better shoes that help my feet instead of hurt my feet. My next check I will do that.
My baby brother is having a little one. She goes in for a ceserean on the 6th. I can't believe it. So soon and I can't even go and see them right now. It may be months before I meet my neice. Sucks being out here at times like this since I have no way of going all the way back to Louisiana... a few months later my cousin gets married. Hopefully I will be able to go out there for that and meet their new baby too. Too much missing out here although I do love being away from family too. Just those moments I would like to see though. Oh well.

Julie- Yeah, I know how getting on the scale can motivate you, you just need to find something inside to motivate other then the scale since (for me atleast) that motivation never lasts and I am right back where I started or worse. I would try to schedule your exercise... that seemed to work for me.... and if it is somewhere you can easily view it, you are less likely to do it- and more likely to feel guilty if you don't. Yes it does feel like we are the only two at times. That is alright though. Jasmine (DD) is a handful but she is also precious so I don't mind at all- most of the time.

Lisa- Good job on the 154. Doesn't it feel good to be in 10s again... some of mine are getting a bit too big now and I may need to go down to an 8 soon... atleast I hope. But I also have a lot of toning to do. Job is good but I was a little sad yesterday... it was the first night in almost 2 years that I haven't been home to see her to bed. I have to get used to that since they will have me closing if they need me there.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:51 PM   #184  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Cool Hi Chicks

I'm still kicking. Thinking of joining TOPS. Went to an introductory meeting last night. It's kind of quirky and odd, but I really like the concept. Oh and the fact that it's about seven hundred dollars a year cheaper than WW. Could be apples and oranges and I do NOT intend to insult anyone doing WW. In fact, when I was going to WW, I was most definitely losing weight then, so I know it works. I'm just a true cheap skate.
I hope everyone had a great holiday week end. I worked, so I didn't really enjoy the holiday and Pooh Bear is very sick with a bad cold, so it's not been a great week end in any aspect. But I hear the weather is supposed to improve and be down right gorgeous tomorrow. Maybe I can get out and enjoy a bit of it before I go back work (ugh, it's my Monday). Have a great day everyone!
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 05:39 PM   #185  

Hello All!

Yikes! What a weekend to have the forum here closed.....I was facing a big family dinner, a bushel of chocolate, and DH brought home 2 dozen donuts/rolls for a 'treat'......I really really needed my chickies!

The scale stayed the same on weigh-in day.....this must come under the heading of major miracle, as I have been eating everything in sight the past week! Gotta get this eating thing under control or it won't be as encouraging on the next weigh-in day!

Jenn.....We know you are super busy, but do miss you all the same. When do you think your house will be done? We could throw a little housewarming party for you in here - what do you think?

Julie....I can almost feel the your motivation all the way down here! Pick a program and you will accomplish everything you aim for!

Gabwill.....Good going on the 1 pound loss! I hope your back is feeling better......good shoes at work might help this also.

Lisa....sorry to hear you are having health problems again. Hopefully, they will be short-lived and you are already feeling better.

Elisha.....Hang in there, chickie! We are almost at a new month and you know how the motivation kicks into high gear then!

Mary.....I have always heard that TOPS is quite a successful program. : Let us know how it works out for you!

Tomorrow is inventory day at work which means I will be working from 7:30am.....until whenever! Add the month end stuff....and all the inventory data entry and reports.....and I might come up for air in a week!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:20 PM   #186  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Tues PM

WOW! It's already 10pm and I just sat down here to read some posts...and YEA!!! So glad to see everyone's post! I have been missing all my chickies!

Yesterday I sat down with a notepad and pen and figured out a 1200 calorie menu for this week (each day). Well...approximately, anyway! Today I didn't do so well, but would have...except my sister made seafood alfredo (yes, homemade with all the cream and butter in it!) and I had noodles! It was my nephew's birthday and she made us dinner...and pumpkin pie! It was sugar free (YEA sis!!!!) and I did have one small piece! But I did fairly well the rest of the day...stayed away from the chocolate (had ONE little choc. egg) I had veggies and fruit today. Drank my water. Didn't get up in time to exercise. Can't seem to get into that habit, but I really need to do this...for ME!!

So, tomorrow brings another busy day...I have my menu planned, so just have to check it out! If I go to bed NOW, I can probably manage to get in some exercise in the morning! I really NEED to do this!!! Will you all remind me of that when I am writing tomorrow and saying "I didn't get up to exercise"?!!

MsRD...I can relate on the "needing my chickies this weekend"!!! Me too! Let's get back on this thing together, eh? Here....I'm sending you some of my motivation...now help me, OK?!!! LOL!! I'm wishing you a good week and maybe we will see you on the weekend...

Mary...let me know how TOPS is...my Mom belonged many, many years ago and I remember her bringing home some great big stuffed thing for her chair...I guess she was the big "gainer" that week! LOL!

Gab...your week sounds as busy as mine has been! I will try to put something out where it will inspire me but we really don't have room to put out the exercise equip! Hope you get home to see family soon! You deserve it!

Elisha...get your bootie up and get moving chickie! Can't do anything laying around!! Goodness!!! LOL!!! Is that enough motivation for ya??? LOL! Hope you find what you need! I know I need sunshine!!! Maybe you do too!
((((((((((((Elisha))))))))))))))

Lisa...so good to hear from you...and I'm jealous on the 10's!!! Dang ya!
Seriously...glad you are losing. But I hope you feel good again soon!

That's it for tonight! The rest of ya better post soon!

Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:48 AM   #187  
~In my own little world~

I'm still here too. Just reading mostly though. I go on Friday to have the stent removed. I'm pretty nervous. Been having some not so good days too. But enough about my issues.

I'm glad to see everyone that hasn't posted in awhile. Looks like life kinda snuck up on us this late in the month, eh? I hope everyone is doing well. Lisa take care of yourself. PM me anytime. Keep those motivations high everyone. It's about to be a new month. Get readu for new goals and new accomplishments.

{{hugs}} all around!!
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:25 AM   #188  
motomom

Quick post this morning to let you all know that I did my exercise like a good girl this morning! I had to hunt for the DVD, though...DH apparently thought it shouldn't be left in the DVD player and instead of putting it back in the case, he just left it on top of the ent. center (which is waaay over my head)! GRRRR!!!!! But I found it and did the 1 mile WATP. I have to go to church after work tonight, so won't have time for a workout, but will attempt another one tomorrow morning!

I'm very proud of myself for getting up this morning and doing my exercise! I really wanted to just stay in bed!

Hope the rest of you have a good day...

Tracy...nice to hear from you! Take care of yourself!
Old 03-30-2005, 10:37 AM   #189  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Making another appearance while the Roid is tied up on the phone. Our Loan Consultant is off for 4 days, going to Las Vegas, so Roid is in rare form, complete with superiority complex running rampant. This is going to be a long week. Thankfully, I am off on 4/4, so that way I get a little break. Whew!

MsRD- the housewarming sounds lovely! Cyberpresents! Wheeee! LOL.

If anyone is interested in pics, PM me and I can send you the links- we even have wall studs going up now! Woo Hoo!

Poop- gotta go- Roid Shadow....arrgh!

Will post later- hugs!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 02:23 PM   #190  
~In my own little world~

Julie-I'm very proud of you for working out. Way to go!!
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:12 PM   #191  
motomom

Default Hmph!

I'm feeling lonely here! Thanks Tracy for the words of encouragement! And Jennifer...it was nice to hear from you even if it was a short post! We are in the middle of a lightning storm, so should make this quick!

Just wanted to say that I did go for a hike at the park tonight after work. DH and DD really made me feel the guilt, but I went anyway! It was a short 1 mile hike (I think) and it was hilly. The place I wanted to go was covered with ice on the trails once I started, so I turned around and found another trail! Saw 3 white tailed deer and a bunch of other little critters! Tasha (the dog) really wanted to chase the deer! Thank goodness I had her on the leash at athat time!

Gotta fly!

Hugs to all my chickies!
Old 03-30-2005, 10:53 PM   #192  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi! I'm here. Hope all of you wonderful ladies are well! Joy, are you o.k.?? I was looking back, and you haven't posted in a while! Give us a quick shout to say all is well with you, o.k.?

Julie - WTG girl! You did great with the exercising!

Tracy - How are you feeling? Better? I am going through a rough patch..dare I say the past 2 days have been a bit better?? I'm afraid to say that. I'm sure things will go great for you on Friday...I'll be thinking about ya!

Hi there MsRD, Mary, Gab, and Jennifer!!! Hope you guys are absolutely FANTASTIC!!

Well, my cousin wanted me to walk with her at the park this morn. So, I meet her and I am thinking we will walk 30 min. or so. Well....50 min. later we are dragging!! We busted a MOVE!!!!!!!! LOLOL!! We did hills and everything. It's the hardest workout I've done in months. And the time just flew cause we were chatting!!

We're leaving for the beach on Sunday..I've gotta get a bathing suit...YUCKO!!! Gotta keep up the walking Lisa!! Gotta get RID OF THIS BIG BOOTY!!

Well, sleep calleth. Talk to you all tomorrow!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:55 AM   #193  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi everybody

I'm Okay... now.. Had to take a rest and get my knees back in form. Shoulda known better than to starting running again.... I go through this every once in a while after my OA is not bothering me. Starting to walk regularly ... diet hasn't been "that much" of a problem.

I figured I lost 2.6 pounds in March - a far cry from my goal of 4 pounds... but I'll take it

Julie - I thought of the time last year when DH & I (and Sandy & Ginger) went hiking a trail in Manning Park, it has beautiful wild Rhododendrums (sp?) anyways.... we were in the wilderness so we let the dogs off leash, when we came across a Momma bear and two cubs and the dogs started to chase them.... I don't know what happened ... heard a few yelps and the dogs came running back... (no blood or anything)... It was pretty exciting at the time. I think it was the same trip that our old dog went down a ravine and couldn't get back up ... so we had to slide down (gravelly area) attach her leash and pull her up to the top (she's 15 years old now). I can't wait to get back into it....

Lisa - isn't it amazing what we can do with a partner, while we're not paying attention and talking. Good for you... those hills will get rid of that "booty" in NO TIME

MsRD - I was lurking over the weekend and lost a journal post while the system was down.... If you ever need some support, or just company, PM me and I'll send you my email address. I definately had a "jelly bean egg" challenge over the weekend.

Tracy - Good luck with your proceedure on Friday... I will be thinking of you. Take care of "YOU".

Jennifer - It will be great for you to have some time off. It's really exciting to be building your new HOME. I'd love to see your pictures. How are you doing with your diet & exercise.... You didn't mention it

Hotcupajava - I joined TOPS years ago (when I was 135 and thought I was fat). It's a great program, had forgotten about them. It seems to me that you can follow any food program you want. The premise is that the group supports each other - much like this place.

Gabwill - Sounds like the new job is working out well. Take care of those "tootsies", shoes definately make the difference. Go for good support and not good looks. A nice soak in epsom salts at night feels nice too, and remember to moisturize your feet too.

Anyways better get ready for work

Hugs to all
Joy

Last edited by squabb56; 03-31-2005 at 10:57 AM.
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 01:34 PM   #194  

Well, I kinda disappeared for a while...my son was sick, and then I got what he had(some stomach bug). I did make my goal weight, not by the date I wanted but a few days later-when I got the stomach bug. NOT a pleasant way to lose, but hey, I did lose 3lbs very quickly-I weighed Sunday morning and was 217. Got sick that night and Monday. Weighed in Tuesday-214. I'm still there, as of this morning 213.8 lbs.

I hope everyone else has lost this month!
usmcwife1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:24 PM   #195  

hello

Inventory counting is over.....and I have come to the conclusion that I am waaaayy too old for 14-hour days! It has been a busy week! I had to go to a funeral today (friend's father), so that has left me kinda feeling down. It brings back memories of family that I have lost.....and it is so sad to see others go through the grief and loss. *sigh* Well, this post is going downhill......

Julie.....You are just the kickbutt motivation that I needed! I sure am glad a new month/new challenge is coming up....I need to start anew! Great job on the morning exercise! I like to do my 1-mile WATP in the morning.....it energizes me all morning!

Jenn.......How great to hear from you, even though the post had to be roided short. It must be so frustrating! Almost worth investing in a puter at home?

Lisa.....I am so glad you are feeling a bit better. A 50-minute walk is really a workout!

Joy......Look at you! Down 2.6 pounds! Yea! Thank you for the offer of support....I may take you up on it!

Ricki.....Good to see you! And you made your goal weight! You are doing so great!

OKay......everyone ready for a new month! Gotta sit down at figure out new goals AND how to achieve them......better yet, I do better thinking on my feet, so am going for a walk with 'Leslie'!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote