Old 03-11-2005, 10:40 AM   #91  
Pending Email Confirmation

Good Morning

Yup - I had a TV night last night too. DH has a very bad cold so I told him that we shouldn't run/walk because he should get better - so I didn't do anything either. I had intentions of breaking out a Beginners' T'ai Chi dvd I borrowed from the library - but just got lazy instead. I'm afraid that food wasn't great either. DH brought home some of those "giant" Chilean purple grapes and I'm afraid I just let "loose" on them and had to have "TWO" cinamon oatmeal to go bars as well. (sounds like I'm going to have to ban them from the house too MsRd) - so I'm not even going to add up my points from yesterday - I KNOW I WAS WAY OVER

So today is a new day - but alas (woe is me) I have an anniversary dinner out with my parents and company tonight. Going to a steak house - probably have salad and steak of some sort. I'll try to stay within reason . AND NO DESSERT OR DRINKS.

Hikein - I'll be looking out for you on Saturday... you better check in during the day and let me know your plans

Lisa - Way to go on the exercise .... still remember not to overdo... you're body is working hard trying to heal (probably burning lots of calories too). Don't feel bad about the accident - I have them all the time and I don't have a surgery excuse. Poise panty liners help.

MsRd - Way to go - what a great food day you had Did you WATP Had to let you know we had temperatures of around 60 degrees again today. Felt like summer ... actually some people at the beaches in Vancouver (Kits) were tanning in their swim suits. People all over are running and biking and wearing shorts. The plum, cherry and magnolia trees are blooming and so are the daffodils, tulips, lilly of the valley and grape hyiasynths (see my avatar) - looks and smells wonderful ...

Miss Elisha - You had an ok day.... YOU DID EXERCISE I know it's tough at your age but you gotta worry less about what people think and turn it around to caring about what YOU want the most important thing to focus on... The people that matter the most (and that love and care for you) already know what you're about and love you for who you are ..... does this make sense?

Jennifer, Mary, Gabwill, Ricki ... Hope all is going well for you.... Keep in touch !

squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 05:41 PM   #92  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Unhappy Pouting and lurking....... but still alive and kicking

Hi all. Wishing you all the best of luck. Some of you sound as if you're doing great and I'm very proud of you.

I'm going to an Eagles concert this week end (if all goes well). Not by choice, but it's a very long story. And I took some extra days off at the beginning of next week to counteract the loss of time with Pooh because of the concert.

As far as weight loss goes, I'm wondering if I'll have to hit "rock bottom" weight wise, to actually jar me into doing something about this weight that makes me so miserable. What? Do I need to split my polyester uniform pants in public to shame me into it? Have to ask for a larger uniform to be ordered? Do I have to have a stroke? Do I need to drift back up to 400 pounds to do something? I don't know what is wrong with me. I know that when I've got a full head of steam and I'm motivated beyond belief it's harder than normal to lose weight, (which makes this battle more than daunting) but I've got to be doing "SOMETHING" to have the right to feel this cheated. Sorry for posting such a negative post. But I read here every day and I want to post, but I've had nothing positive to post for so long. I decided perhaps posting is exactly what I need to do. Sorry, really I am.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 07:53 PM   #93  

well my computer decides that it wants to allow me to type only when it feels like so I haven't been able to get on. I did run my 2.5 miles yesterday and did everything else that was on my schedule. I did mess up by giving into my pizza cravings but everything else went well. I did try to go shopping yesterday but the one thing that caught my eye was over 50 the skirt alone so decided to go to the outlets today and there, I did like a pair of boots but they were 80 and that was more then they are worth. The final place I went to I found an entire outfit and that was only 45there so I think that I didreal good. Hubby gets home and wonders why I only got one outfit. may go get another tomorrow if he is feeling like that. today I haven't exercised but that is alright since I was still busy. well the computer is starting to act up again so I will go.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:06 PM   #94  
Gettin' Married!

Default I'm with you guys

I bought the program Slim in 6, I started it again, yes again ugh, today!! I took some before pics and dang near cried. So I'm taking another shot and I'm going for the long haul, I'm going to get through my six weeks for exercising everyday, except my 2 days off, I'm going to stick with it! I'm not going to give up.

Goals

More water!
More Veggies!
More exercise!
NO GIVING UP!!
beautyseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:09 PM   #95  

Hello All!

I just had the nicest post started here, and then my fingers slipped, and I don't know where it went.......so, risking repeating myself......we will try again.

Breakfast was cereal & milk & tea......lunch was yogurt.....mid-afternnon was a fruit cup......didn't feel like cooking tonight, so stopped at Subway for a 6" sub and had some juice with it.......I think around 1100 calories.... And 60-oz of water by the time I got home.

Lisa......Do I see semblance of a normal life about to return? I'll bet the exercise felt good too! Congrats to your basketball star son....good job! Did you want to know the snacks that I LIKE....or the ones I actually eat? If I had a choice, I would eat candy bars and choco chip cookies and caramel corn and.......well, now you know how I got to this place in life! Actually, I try to make my evening snack yogurt or an apple or a slice of quick bread.....ice cream, if I have been very very very good all day.

Julie....UhOh, the truth is finally out! Kaleigh is our spy! And doing a darn fine job by the sounds of it! This winter weather is wearing on me too......and they predict another 6" of snow tonight and tomorrow. It helps if you can just pretend it is mid-January.

Mary......I am so glad you posted! Don't feel that you always have to come here with good news ( I sure don't!)......just come in and vent and sometimes that helps. A couple months ago, I was in the same spot.....waiting for a lightning bolt to knock some sense into me. (Still waiting.) In the meantime, I decided I wouldn't concentrate on the whole "program", but just do one thing.....one thing I knew I was capable of. I decided I would start guzzling water.....60-oz a day. And that is what I did......eating was still bad, exercise was non-existent....but I could drink water with the best of them. I have no idea when I got things turned around.....it was kind of gradual ....one thing just kind of followed another. Try it. Just pick one thing and concentrate on that......I know you can do it! (Anyone who has lost over 100 pounds is capable of great things. This I know for sure!)

Will be checking in tomorrow......so you chicks better be here! Have a great evening!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:30 PM   #96  
Onward and downward!

Default I'm Still Here!

Hi Chickies,

I know I haven't posted for close to a week, but I have not been my usual self, and have not felt like doing anything much. Even going to work has been a chore. The flat feeling I mentioned a week ago is still with me, I have been very teary, and I feel tired and worn out. So much so that I took a sick day yesterday (Friday) and made an appointment with my Dr. She knows about my weight loss efforts, and was very pleased with my losses since the last time she saw me. I explained how I've been feeling, and she thinks I need to take a break from all the journalling, but still keep up with my daily exercise. She feels I am on the right track with food, and as I haven't been bingeing, she feels I should still lose weight at a steady rate.

With regards to the 'flat feeling' she is of the opinion it is a very mild depression, which could be a mix of things...work, my weight loss, the death of my friend's Dad late last month. I don't need medication, as she feels it will pass within another week or two. So my Chickies, please bear with me if I don't check in daily, but know that I am thinking of you.

Have a great day everyone.
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:08 PM   #97  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Evening chicks!

Welcome beautyseed!

Sorry I didn't make it back last night or this morning. My computer has decided it doesn't want me to use the internet, and my browser freezes up every time I try to open it. I restarted my computer 4 times this morning before I finally realized it was time to get ready for work.

Anyway, yesterday's menu:
Breakfast: coffee w/creamer and Splenda, vitamin, 1 wheat tortilla w/ 1 scrambled egg, sauteed onion, and shredded cheese
Lunch: 24 oz. Sierra Mist Free, 6" Subway turkey and ham w/lite mayo and veggies (no cheese!), wheat thins
Dinner: 24 oz water, 3 oz venison, sauteed peppers and onions, and mustard on a hot dog bun, 1/2 c. corn
Snack: SF Klondike bar (because I was good)
Yesterday also included 25 minutes on the elliptical, a full circuit on the weight machine, and 1 set of crunches, plus another 12 oz. of water

And today's menu:
Breakfast: 1 cup coffee w/creamer and Splenda, 2 eggs, 2 sl. 12-grain toast (no butter!)
Lunch: 12 oz. Diet Coke, 1 can roasted garlic potato soup, 4 Ritz crackers
Dinner: 24 oz. water, 2 pickles, 1 serv. oven-baked fries w/ketchup, 1 hamburger w/bun, mayo, cheese, sauteed onions, and pickles

Steve decided on dinner, but my calories weren't bad today, and I came out at 1564. Not bad for me recently, and I didn't eat particularly good/healthy food.

Anyway, I'm pretty tired. I'm staying at Steve's tonight, so I'll be here tomorrow morning (I don't have to work until afternoon). I will exercise tomorrow morning on the bike, and I'll try to make healthy food choices. Someone else be here to keep me on track!

Have a good night chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:12 PM   #98  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi! Gosh, I am getting here late! I've had a busy day,,,too busy in fact. One of my friends fell and broke her foot. She has no family here, and I went and helped her today. I then came home and cooked her some food. I made home made chicken salad, potato soup, and fresh crescent rolls from the bakery. (No, I didn't eat any ) Today, I had made up my mind that I was going to McDonalds. I allow myself a "free meal" each week after weigh in..it is a meal that has to be eaten on the weigh in day, and it has to be just ONE MEAL. This is how I lost so much in the past with WW...I just looked forward to that treat all week long! But, I never got around to going, and I ended up with my 22 points exactly. I was down 2 this week. Today, I didn't exercise or do my toning...cause..oops - I have overdone it a bit. I'm just lying down here, and I am going to rest tomorrow too.

I want to give you all a group hug.., because you all mean so much to me! I can't wait to get on here each day and see what you girls are up to! I'll be back tomorrow to leave comments for everybody..I'm too sleepy to think what I want to say.
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 07:15 AM   #99  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Very Early Saturday Morning!

Chickies! I have missed you all these last few days. Life seems to get so busy sometimes...

Well, I developed a bad headache yesterday afternoon (if I were "normal" I might call it a migraine...my Dr. says I have probably been having them all my life, but no one ever dx them as migraines...could be cause I never went to the Dr. til I was 20!)...so I didn't feel well last night. Went to dinner with hubby and DD and had a chicken cesar salad and some bread sticks! Then we went to the pet store to get...you guessed it...a fish tank! A 10 gallon one this time, for a bunch of fish! Wish us luck with this venture!!

Anyway...I went to bed at 8 last night, so no exercise for my yesterday (unless you count the bazillion miles I walked at work). Naturally, I got up super early this morning (before 6)...looked out the window and saw that we got dumped on last night...like 7-8 inches of fresh snow is out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG...it's no wonder the residents are re-hanging Christmas decorations instead of Easter ones on their doors!!!!!! (TRUE!) MsRD is right...it helps to think of it being January instead of March...I'm thinking about re-doing MY Christmas tree!!! LOL!!! Maybe today will be a good day to take Kaleigh sledding! She wants to use her EasyBake OVen she got for Chrismtas today! I'm thinking about exercise...

Yesterday's food was less than perfect...HA! That's an understatement!!! I had a muffin at Kaleigh's school for breakfast...lunch was taco bar at work...I made it into a salad but lathered on the sour cream! I had 2 bowls of chocolate pudding with real whipping cream for dessert (guess I couldn't stop at one!)...and then for supper with my salad I ate about 4 breadsticks (Fazolli's). Didn't drink near enough water...maybe about 50 oz. and no exercise! But I'm happy to report that I did get in the veggies yesterday, so that's a plus!!!

************************************************** ******** Joy...so glad you are going to be looking out for me today...I'm planning a huge "work" day today....gonna use Fly Lady's Control journal to start on one room! I'll pick the dining room and if there's energy left over (among all the trillion things I have to do) I'll start on the LR. Gonna leave the kitchen for another weekend...it's got waaaaay too much going on in there! I haven't planned any special food today, but I am going to stay away from my "triggers" (girl scout cookies...there may be some left, but I haven't checked!...chocolate that's looming in Kaleigh's cupboard...chips...) I've got plenty of healthy snacks and foods to choose from around here so there's NO EXCUSE!!! As far as exercise...we'll see...If we go sledding, I probably won't do any specific routine. Blah, blah, blah! Sorry to ramble here...
Hope you got back on track after your anniversary dinner! And Happy Anniversary...how many years?

(((((((((((Mary))))))))...Hope you enjoyed the Eagles concert. It was one of the best concerts I have ever been to! Really! I love the Eagles too, so that helps! I'm glad you checked in...sometimes that's the hardest part...just to say "I'm having a crappy day...please give me something to hold!" I have lots of days that are crappy...but I also have to try to remember that life happens while I'm on this journey and I just can't beat myself up about it...and find even ONE thing positive about my day and build on that! I hope that you will remember that we ALL struggle on this journey...even if we WRITE positive things, it doesn't mean that we don't feel like **** within ourselves! I know I do! Most of the time! As I told someone yesterday (and even if you aren't "religious" you can appreciate this) that we all have our crosses to bear in life...and in mine, it is this weight! Doesn't matter HOW MUCH we weigh...but how it affects our self image, our self esteem and our motivation! Sorry to be so long winded, but I just wanted to say that we are here for you (like a tool)...that's WHY we are here...use us!!

Gabrielle...Computers can be such a pain! So proud of you for continuing what is important to you. Even if you don't get every bit of exercise in, you are at least moving and staying active! that is just great! And way to go on the $45 outfit! Can we have a sneak peek???

Beatuyseed...Welcome...and that's the spirit! Exercise every day except 2 days (a week?) That's my goal too...can't seem to get it all in, so you let me know how and when you do it!

MsRD...Great job on the calories yesterday! WooHoo! And yes..see my comments about winter (above)! Grrrrr! I'm ready to go move down with Jennifer in FL!!!! Or even GA with Lisa!!!! This morning looks like a picture perfect Christmas morning...snow hanging on the trees ever so delicately, the sun sparkling over the snow...you get the idea (and probably see the same sight out your window)! All we need is a One Horse Open Sleigh!!! LOL...Kaleigh was singing Jingle Bells last night! OH...I am soooooooo sick of winter!!! Kaleigh again whined at me last night about doing my exercise! She's too funny! And a great motivator!

((((((((((((Lucia))))))))))) I'm sorry you are still feeling "flat" or depressed! Sometimes it does take a while to shake some things. A death of someone close does shut us down for a while, but it's our soul and body's way of saying "time to reflect"! You will get over this hump soon! I know it's Autumn where you are and sometimes the shorter days make us feel that way, too! They do me anyway! Come and write to us! I miss your posts when you don't post! Know that we are here for you when you need us!

Elisha...your food looked really good from Thursday...a good mix! I only wish all MY days looked like that! But like I said above, life does happen sometimes when we go along on this journey! Not that that is any excuse, just how I feel! Great job on the exercise! Hope you are up and exercising today!!! C'mon get up and do it, chickie!

(((((((((Ms. Lisa)))))))))))) Chickie! Now I know you feel good, but do you really think you have to start taking care of everyone else just because you have a little more energy????????? LOL! Remember not to overdo it! I am sooooooo proud of you...2 more lbs!!! That is just great!!!! You are going to be in that bathing suit in NO time!!! Let's catch up this weekend, ok? Have been missing you!

Jennifer...You promised you would check in!!! I know you are busy...but PLEASE come and post! We all miss you so much!!! It's been days since we heard from you and we all want to give you a HUG!!!!!!!!!!

If I missed anyone...please forgive me!! I'm here...thinking of all of you and wondering how I am going to get everything done today! I guess I better start getting busy, huh? I'll take a picture of our yard today after the snowfall last night!

Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 11:34 AM   #100  

Good Morniing,
I know I have not posted as early as everyone else, but it has not been because I have been sleeping in ~_~. No I got up fairly early, my whole family has this cold mess. This is the first time I have had anything this year. I had sinus surgery last May, we will see how well it works now. I am having another problem, I was wondering if there is a nurse or someone who could advice me. Here is my problem, I started having cloudy urine on Thurday Morning, by Friday night I started having fresh red blood in my urine. I only have some slightly sharp pain runing up in my tube and of course it is Saturday and all Doc. offices are closed. Any sugesstions? Am not exeriseing this week have been real sick to my tummy as well. I am not running a fever.
Thanks, and God Bless
sweetmagnolia
sweetmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 11:45 AM   #101  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Sweet Magnolia...Sounds like a urinary tract infection to me! I'm not a nurse or dr., but I do work in the health care industry with geriatrics and that is usually a sign! Even if it isn't, drinking lots of fluids will help...can't hurt. They say that cranberry juice helps with UTI's, but I don't know! Maybe a trip to the Medi Center would be helpful and they can at least check your urine for a culture and get youstarted on some antibiotics if you do have one!

Hope this helps. Take care chickie!

Julie
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 12:06 PM   #102  

Hello All

This is the fourth time I have sat down to the puter today, and have been interrupted every time! Sheesh! Today is starting out a lot busier than most Saturdays....but all of it is positive! : The realtor called and they have sold my Mom's house......yea! for those of you who don't know, Mom is in assisted living, in a dementia unit .....obviously not coming home. So, getting rid of her house leaves me with one less responsibility.....and a little more money for Mom to live on!

More good news! I weighed in this morning, and I am down a pound! I hate to whiine, but I was hoping for more.....but I'll take it nonetheless! Even if I have not lost more, my slacks are getting baggy, so that's another good thing.

Gabrielle.......Shopping is such a pain. I am borderline having to get some new things (see above) and not looking forward to it.......things still don't fit well, and are soooo expensive. Hopefully, I will hold out till next month when I have scheduled a trip to an outlet mall.

BeautySeed.....Welcome! So glad to have you aboard.....and love you "not giving up" goal! Perfect!

Lucia.....I am so glad you checked in with your doctor. It just reinforces that you are on the right track! I think we all go thru mild depression at different times in our lives and hopefully you can work though this. Remember, we are here for you.....it isn't necessary to always post sunshine and happiness......sometimes just venting is a great help.

Elisha.....Wow! You are really turning things around.....and on your busy schedule too!

Lisa.....How sweet to help out a friend......that is just soooo you! Not too much too soon....keep listening to your body.....make sure you get enough rest.

SweetMagnolia.....I concur with Julie......a med center is in order if you have one near you......and copious amounts of water and cranberry juice would help a lot too. Check back in when you are feeling better.

I get to babysit/spoil DGS tonight, so better get busy with the chores around here.....gotta shine that sink!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 03:47 PM   #103  
~In my own little world~

Default I'm still here

Boy have I missed you chickies. I'm still hanging in here. Not sleeping well at all so that has me twice as tired as normal. I've also been on my own with the kids this week. They have really been good but my oldest has started developing an attitude when she gets home from school. I honestly believe she is jealous of my lying around. I feel bad about it for myself and her. She's 9 and that's just a weird age. My little boy has been good but still doesn't understand not being able to sit on me. *sigh*

I've been making good food choices even though I'm not doing the grocery shopping. I can't seem to get anyone to understand the concept of 'fresh' fruits. It's very frustrating and I was wanting fruit so badly last night that I had my DH go to Wendy's for a fresh fruit bowl. And might I just add that this has been the highlight of my week. Very good meal, I felt completely refreshed.

I hope you are all doing good this weekend. I see you are all eating well, with the exception of the nightly snacks. Hey, nighttime eating happens. Don't let it ruin your motivation. Congratulations to all you losers! Wow, I saw a pound lost and four pounds lost, etc. That's some serious weight. Good job!

Stay strong everyone. Workout an extra minute for me, would ya?

Tracy
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 06:12 PM   #104  
Gettin' Married!

Default Thank you

I just get up and push play to do my exercises....If I have doubts, I go look at myself in the mirror and then do it. I've been eating better, not having the stuff int he house helps out so much more, I keep a weekly food guide, so I always go shopping the week before, so I have all my meals planned out. I'm not going to get to exercise until late tonight, I have so much going on.

Keep it up girls! I just read a post "I woke up and was a size 4" lol I wish I wish I wish!!!
beautyseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 08:09 PM   #105  
Onward and downward!

Smile

Hi,

Julie and MsRD, thank you for your kind words, it's a great comfort to know I can come here and receive support for areas of my life other than weight loss.

MsRD - I understand what you mean about taking time to reflect after the death of someone close. A woman I work with rang me yesterday evening to ask how I was feeling, and we got to talking about the ups and downs we'd been through in life. She said that when someone passes away, you mourn that person, but also it can bring back other losses in your life that you may not have grieved for properly. I am going to be good to myself for the next couple of weeks, I have taken Monday off from work, I have no special plans, other than to relax.

Will check in again soon, have a great day everyone.
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote