Old 03-22-2005, 10:53 PM   #166  

Hello!

JUst checking in.....nothing to say, but that never stopped me before! Food has been sliding, also water and exercise. It is amazing how I can have it all together and doing great......and then the whole thing unravels in front of me! Drat! Time to start over.....before any more damage is done!

Julie.....I think I will follow your lead......you have your plan in action! My WATP tape has a 1-mile 'easy' walk and a 2-mile 'brisk' walk......they used the stretchie, but don't work with any weights. There are so many WATP tapes/dvds......I just closed my eyes and picked!

Mary......We can do this! You can't win the game unless you keep on playing!

Lisa.....you sure sound busy......but nice of you to stop and give us a hug! Great job on the water and exercise....and you are forgiven for being a little off plan for your anniversary celebration! Keep on keeping on!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:46 AM   #167  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Hump Day!

Good Morning Ladies...
Just checkin in with not much to say...OH! Did I just read that somewhere??? LOL!!!

Didn't have a chance to post yesterday, but from the looks of it, neither did anyone else, except MsRD...Oh well! Must have been a busy day!

I ended up staying home again with DD yesterday, but I know that she was starting to feel better when she started asking if she could things (like take the dog for a walk, play a game) and she started asking for food! She's still coughing but I know she feels better, so that's what matters! Anyway, I got in the 2 mile again yesterday, plus a walk around the block with DD and dog! That was nice to actually enjoy the outdoors (and sunshine, I might add!) for a change! But...I went to work for a few hours when DH got home. It's sooo busy and I had so much to do. Got some of it done, but still...it's a bit overwhelming at times! <Sigh!> Do you think I'm ready for a vacation??? Just waiting for the State Surveyors to get here and hopefully they won't pick at my two departments too bad!

I'm planning on doing the two miles when I get home tonight, but we shall see. Hubby wants to go to church for a meeting and I was thinking of coming with him, but don't know! My food today will be chili for lunch. Having oatmeal for breakfast with my coffee and creamer. Need to find some protein soon! I don't do well without it!

Hope everyone has a happy hump day! C'mon girls...get it together! WE can do this together!!! ((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:43 AM   #168  
Gettin' Married!

Hey girls, I didn't did so well this weekend with exercising and eating. I had a banana split...and it was so good. This week is going to be so dang hectic since I have finals, and then a week off - woo hoo- and then back to college it is. *sigh*

How is everyone? I'm doing fairly okay, besides the monster cramps eating me alive. I'm ready to see a weight loss. MM'hMM

Hope everyone has a great week
beautyseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:22 AM   #169  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks!

I don't really know what to tell you. My mood has been up and down so many times in the past few days. At times I just want to say Screw the Diet and let myself go, and then I feel like I should do nothing but exercise for about 6 months. Right now my mood is somewhere in between, which I guess is where it should be. I'm not feeling fabulous, but I'll get over it. I'm really fed up with my job right now. I'm fed up with never having any money. I'm fed up with not having a place of my own, and with being overweight, and with just about everything. (You chicks have probably noticed I go through this cycle rather frequently--it'll be gone in a few days--hopefully.) It was nice for a few days, and now it's all icky and gray again. Steve and I were planning to go for a walk when we got home from running errands yesterday, but by the time we did get home it was raining. Stupid weather! A part of me thinks that if it were just sunny and nice for a while I would feel much better and much more motivated.
I've decided I'm taking a weight loss hiatus until after Easter. I'm not going to let myself go wild, but I'm not going to worry about it much for the rest of this week. If I feel like exercising I will, and if I don't I won't. I need to let my brain unwind a little bit. Right now I feel so stressed out, and stress and I do not go well together.

Anway, best of luck this week chickies. I'll still be reading, but I probably won't post much. Just know that I am thinking of you all. Happy Easter.

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 11:27 AM   #170  

well yesterday was sort of good. Didn't get any exercise in but I did eat well. Today is my day off and I will do something (atleast an hour of something) while dd is taking her nap. It will be different. I did weigh in again today and I lost another lb. It feels good to be able to actaully lose again. It had been so long and now in under 2 weeks I have lost 4 lbs. I hope that it won't be back but no guarantees without time to exercise.
DD is doing well. She likes her sitter and doesn't want to go in the morning but also doesn't always want to leave in the evening. Today we will watch Ice Age though. I got it specifically for me and her to watch together but DH put it in this past weekend since he also liked it and wanted to see it again. Oh well. She will just have to watchit today again with me. or I may wait until saturday (my next day off). Other then that, nothing has really been going on.

Now for posts...

Julie- good job on the extra weight with the 2 mile WATP video. I don't have the energy to workout in the morning before work yet. It sure is alot different being back in the workforce after 2.5 years of being out of it. And the little one has alot to do with me not doing anything at all. I just feel so guilty about leaving her every morning since I have been with her everyday of her life (almost).

Well I thought that I would have more time but it seems to be getting dark ehre and I need to run to the store before it begins to rain today. Hope you all are doing well and doing more then I am as far as exercising goes. Talk to you all later.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:47 PM   #171  
motomom

Default Back Home...Again!

I'm starting to feel a little stressed and guilty about DD missing school (I know it's only Kindergarten) and me missing work. I took her to school today. She couldn't seem to get her cough under control, sO I was going to send cough medicine with her for a lunch time dose, but she was upset about that (don't ask!)...so she started the cough thing around 11 I guess and they called me about 11:45 saying she wasn't doing so well. So....I left work...once again...and came to get her. She hasn't been eating much since Friday (except for her little craving of popcorn yesterday) so we stopped at the grocery store and picked up something she wanted. I let her pick from a variety of things. She did manage to scarf down a small bag of Cheetos, some applesauce (she's been surviving on that mixed with the cough medicine) and I tried to get her to drink some warm chicken broth, but she wasn't going to budge with that...she did try it, though! Her teacher told me today that she's got a mind of her own! Ain't that the truth!!! And the more I "force" her to eat something...the more it makes her gag...and gagging leads to other things...yucko!! Enough said!

I brought some work home with me, but I'm gonna lay down while she is and rest, then get up and work out (hoping to try the 3 mile today!), then do some of that work (blech) I brought home...maybe! That's my plan. Supper tonight will be leftovers (chicken and veggies).

Hope to hear from some of you today...

Elisha...I know what you mean about feeling super motivated one day and not the next. READ THAT LINK I SENT, if you haven't already!

Gabrielle...It's an adjustment to go back to work, even part time! I did after only being off 3 months after we adopted Kaleigh and have slowly added more hours...that was 5 years ago, but I remember how hard it was for me! I can imagine how difficult it must be after being off for 2.5 years! Hang in there and don't stress too much about the weight loss. Spend your energy focusing on that beatiful baby girl! (I know she's not a baby, but they will always be our babies!)

Hugs to the rest of you. I need to go call the Dr.! She's coughing like crazy! Poor thing!
Old 03-24-2005, 07:27 AM   #172  
motomom

Default Walking Pneumonia

Morning chickies...
I took DD to the Dr. yesterday and this is what she has! Walking Pneumonia! OK...I do feel a bit guilty fo rtaking her to school yesterday (albeit a short day) but geesh...this is the 4th day I've stayed home from work...oh the sacrifices we must make for our children!

I did get in a WATP yesterday...I put in the 3 mile thinking I could conquer mountains yesterday and it was whipping my butt...but alas...my sister called and interrrupted just after the 2nd mile was finished! My knees are a little sore today so I think I'll skip today and try to get another one in this weekend sometime...but stick to the 2 mile for now!

It seems a little lonely here this week! Hope you all are having a nice week. We finally have sunshine here in the Great White North!!! The snow is finally slowly starting to melt and I beleive there is a hint of spring in the air!

Hugs to all!
Old 03-24-2005, 01:30 PM   #173  
motomom

Default Hellllooooooo????

Anyone there? This is just a test!
Old 03-24-2005, 05:47 PM   #174  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default I'm here.

I'm not much more than a motivational paper weight, but I'm here.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:20 PM   #175  

Hello All
I'm here! Finally! Seems like life has grabbed me by the collar and dragged me along this week......not getting much done, can't seem to focus on anything...and tomorrow will be Friday! I have finally got my water and exercise back on track.....but the food is another challenge! (Dratted Girl Scout cookies again! And ice cream! and Burger King! Yikes!)

Julie.....Give your DD a hug for me, and I hope she feels better soon! You will probably have a quiet weekend, so let's cross our fingers for some sunshine!

BeautySeed....Your banana split sounds yummy. I haven't had one in years.......hope you enjoyed it enough for both of us!

Elisha....Maybe taking a few days off of dieting would give you a little relief. Easter is such a good time to think of renewal.....resetting the priorities in life. we could all stand with a little inward reflection.

Gabwill......Four pounds! you are doing great. Your goal just keeps getting closer and closer!

Mary.......Glad you checked in.... think we all hit those frustrating plateaus at one time or another. But they are always temporary, so we can still concentrate on the long term to keep us going.

The grandkids usually help me decorate for Easter, but they were absent last week, so I guess it is all up to me now. I'll put several baskets on the fireplace mantle, some colorful plastic eggs, some silk spring flowers.......do you think they will notice the absence of chocolate?
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:02 AM   #176  

well yesterday was good. I am no longer the new girl in my department at work but I did get to start training the new girl (someone must think that I am doing a good job to give me that responsibility) and I have more hours next week then most everyone that has been there. That is a good thing and hopefully it stays that way (any hours are good for me). No exercise in but I am off the entire weekend so my hubby will make me do something while he is home (thing goodness since I don't think I would make myself). I will be getting off after him so he gets the pleasure of going get dd from the sitters. It is easier for me that way instead of having to rush home in 5 o'clock traffic. Other then that nothing much to say.

We aren't planning anything for Easter. I will cook but no eggs or candy. I may go get a basket for DD but nothing much. I didn't even think that I would be off so that is fine.

Julie- DD will always be my baby regardless of how old she may be. And I am not going to stress about the weight loss especially since I don't do anything but work lately. Now if I was still working out all the time and still no change then I would have been stressed but I don't need that on top of everything else so no worries there. Didn't even expect a lb to drop off.

MsRD- I know what you mean about the girl scout cookies. Hubby bought some this weekend and I am proud to say that I havne't had one yet. Don't plan on it. Thankfully he got a kind that is just alright to me and I dont' crave that often. And I hope that I actually make this goal. Even without doing much. Next week I work mostly nights so I am not sure but I do have 1.5 weeks or so to lose 2 lbs so that is a good thing and I may actaully see it. Just to be under 140 again is going to be great.

Well that is all for now. Talk to you all this weekend.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:50 PM   #177  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

hey chickies! Sneaking in a post- this weekend is going to be filled with Family **** of the long, drawn-out kind, complete with restless, whining 5 month old!

I'm behind in schoolwork, I'm never at my computer (sorry to everyone who is IM-ing my cats while I'm not there) and when I am, I'm usually not being productive, and I'm trying to find the one roof shingle manufacturer in the western hemisphere who makes a gray shingle that is FL approved to withstand our 900 hurricanes per season. And the shingles that come in the 40 year are different from the 30 year, but we get the 40 year, so of course, the only colors are brown, and mildew. Arrrrgh!!!!!

But that part is supposedly behind us as of Wednesday. Yippie. Now, on to bigger issues, like why they don't want to make our cabinet finish anymore. Grrr.

Missing my chickies. Today the Roid has peed away a total of 6 hours of my life that I will never get back. Ready to beat my head against the desk. I'm ready to fake intestinal distress, and take a 15 minute break in a bathroom stall, just for the "fresh air"

So....hugs to everyone....think I can get my crap together in time for an April Showers challenge?
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 07:19 AM   #178  
motomom

Default Talk about withdrawls!!!!

Morning chickies...
Just want to tell you that I missed you all this weekend! AND.....
I went hiking yesterday!!! I took our dog, Tasha and didn't really know where to start, so I just started walking and ran into a really nice bunch of folks who knew the park well. I walked with them for about a mile and then I headed back...they were going waaay further than I had any ambition to...they told me which way to go and I followed the path and then came upon the map to tell me which way to go to get back...only I forgot which way I was supposed to turn at the next intersection by the time I got there...and sort of walked about an extra 1/2 mile or so by the time I got things all figured out! I started to head back in the other direction twice (dog knew where to go...should have just followed her lead!) but got fickle on myself! Geesh...it's a little anxiety provoking to get lost in the woods. Fortunately, I was reassured when another set of hikers came along and I asked them! Next time I will take a map WITH me!! DUH!!!
So I think I walked about 3.5 miles all together (by the time I walked back to the car and all)! The trails were icy, so I did a lot of "sliding" on my feet trying to balance myself, but suprisingly I did not fall and I am not too sore today! So....YEA for me!!!!

It was sunny and almost 60 here yesterday! The people were out in droves yesterday at the park! The park isn't open yet officially, but cars were lined up to walk the hike up to the beach...too funny! I think there must still be snow on the beach...there was in the woods!

Had a thought, but now it's gone. I must get ready for work!
Hope all of you had a wonderful weekend and Easter!
Old 03-28-2005, 10:55 AM   #179  

well the weekend long. We stayed in most of the time but DH's work had a get together for the families. I didn't go since I took that time to shop and him and DD went to the get togther. He doesn't normally stay long so I didn't think anything of it although I do regret not going since DD decided to be silly and actually go to different people (she is very cautious so thought she wouldn't leave his side) and since she did go and enjoy herself they stayed even longer. They had fun whici is real good.

Was supposed to exercise but my back was killing me (still is) so I didn't get a thing done. That is alright. I am going to get the hang of things soon. Atleast I hope. I did manage to get on the scale and I am down another lb to 140. It seems like it wants to go to 139 but I will give it a few more days. I hope that it does do that soon though since that is my short term goal and that would mean that I finally meet one of my goals on time.

Well I have to go since I have that appt for my DD in a few minutes and I am not sure when she will get here. Talk to you all later.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:22 PM   #180  
motomom

Unhappy Monday...

OK chickies...I weighed in today! It was not pretty!!!! I weighed in at 175!!!!! I haven't been that high in over a year! Dang it...it really pissed me off enough to start doing something about it! We really need to get groceries, though...I'm seriously considering joing WW or at least following the points program. I can't seem to get it all together to journal and add up my calories eaten daily. And obviously, they are waaaaaay over the "losing" number!!!

I KNOW what I have to do...I'm motivated to do it right now...I just want tokeep that motivation for the rest of this month and all of April...just to give me that "kick" that I need!

I have comitted to doing a workout 3-5 times weekly (some weeks I just can't find time for 5 times, but I figure 3 is better than ZERO!). I walked with DD and the dog today and althoug it was a pretty slow walk by my definition, it was a walk and then DD and I played outside for a while. She rode her bike and I walked along side...so that all has to count for something!

Does anyone else ever think "Gee, wouldn't it be nice to go away for 6 weeks (or more) like they do on Extreme Makeover?" It would be sooo easy then...no distractions, no outside influences...no work! But...back to reality...we do live in reality, dont' we? LOL!!! I have to keep reading that article I posted, to remind me that anything is possible...just one step at a time. And even though I get discouraged, I have to remember that I can NOT quit! Never, never give up!!!! (who has that in their signature?) I see that billboard every day when I drive home from work! It is inspiring!

OK...I've rambled long enough...

Gabrielle...I'm wondering if you and I are missing something these days? I don't seem to see too many other posts around here! Ummm...nope! Hmmmm...??? So glad you are figuring things out. You are doing so good, though, so keep hanging in there! Your dd sounds so precious...and she sounds a lot like my DD. They are so adorable, aren't they...and they sure like to throw us for a loop, don't they? Glad they had fun!

Hugs to everyone! Where ever you are!!!