Old 03-08-2005, 10:15 PM   #76  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Evening chicks!

I told you I'd be back to report my day's menu, so here I am, although I'm afraid this post won't be much more than that. I have to be at work super early tomorrow, and I'm still tired from not getting enough sleep last night, so I'll be heading off to bed here shortly.

Anyway....

Breakfast: 1/2 cup of coffee with creamer and splenda, 1 fried egg, 1 slice 12-grain toast (NO butter!), 3 oz of leftover boiled potatoes

AM snack: about 4 peanuts, really! I was hungry, but it wasn't what I wanted, so I stopped after the first bit..

Lunch: 24 oz Sierra Mist Free, pepperoni pizza Lean Pocket, 2 pickles, 1 can cream of celery soup (made with 1/2 can of water), 1 small Belgian chocolate (about 1/4 oz)

Dinner: 12 oz water (I know, not enough), 4 small squares cornbread (my *favorite*) with about 2 tbsp of margarine, 8 oz frozen mac and cheese

I was planning to have some chamomile tea, but I think I'm just going to skip it and go straight to bed. I'm a tired girl.

And on that note, have a good night everyone!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:55 PM   #77  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Default Darn it!! Double Darn It!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!! Girls, I am just not STRONG YET! This is infuriating me! MsRD - you are right - my body is telling me to slow down. Today was slammed for me, and toward the end of our class tonight, I had to leave early,,,I honestly didn't know if I could drive home. I think I drove at like 35 MPH...and let me tell you (or DH would gladly tell you...) that I usually drive MUCH MUCH FASTER!! LOLOL!!!! I came home and took a pain pill. I'm now in my p.j.'s in the bed typing this. I couldn't stand it - I had to check in with my favorite chicks! My Mom just gave me a stern lecture regarding how much I did today, but honestly I just had to. I had 2 commitments that I just couldn't put off. This class at church that I helped teach,,well, tonight was the last class, and the group leaders had to address each student. I was so proud of my group..they did so awesome..I just cried and cried when I read them my "thoughts" that I had written for each one of them.

Food today ended up really BAD. Might as well tell it like it is. Bad. Well, I did terrific, and then got busy and skipped lunch. For my meeting that I attended before the church thing, we had a "potluck" type snack thing. I made a chicken cheese ball (we were assigned what to bring)- man, that thing was awesome, if I say so myself . So, I get to my meeting and realize that I was STARVED. We ate around 6:00! And, also, I was tired...you know- I just don't do as well when I am fatigued like that. So, I ate like a pig .

Alright. I feel better that I confessed that. Thanks for listening.

I'll check back in with you all tomorrow! Take care .
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 12:59 AM   #78  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi everybody

I gotta start getting here earlier or make a post 1/2 way through the day. It's almost 9:30 I still have dishes to do, lunches to make, laundry to fold blah blah blah. So for the good news walked/ran for 53 minutes today (in the pouring rain no less) and did my two 15 minutes walks at work. Food was OP B-oatmeal/yoghurt (3) S-Bran Bar L-Bagle w/cream cheese/avocado, red peppers and spinach (5), small soup (2) orange (1) about 5 handfuls of Darla's popcorn (1) S- Bran Bar (2) D- spinach salad w/avocado (3) chicken breast (3) potato (3) carrots, peas, corn (1) S- almond tofu (2) 24 points used of 26 allowed hmmmm.... what can I have.....

Lisa - You'll be back on top of things tomorrow - it's a new day. Remember to take it easy, better take a day off with your feet up. You probably got over tired and over hungry .... but the best thing is that you learned from it and you'll take better care of yourself next time and plan to eat ahead of time (especially for pot luck) so you won't be tempted.

MsElisha - You have the right idea - I'd keep myself out of a lot of trouble if I went to bed when I was tired .... Are you counting points or calories or ??? Looks like you might need some additional protein... might help with the energy and the appetite.... just a thought... :halfful: Way to go with the exercizing - sometimes you just gotta DO IT. We all KNOW we feel better for it.

Julie - There seems to be a theme here.... (see previous paragraph).... I think it's contagious.... I guess we need to get to the root of the problem and see why and when we cave to the temptation.... mine is tiredness and boredom and sometimes feeling like "poor me"...

MsRD - Candy bars and cake ... the two of us have the same problems, but we did come up with a solution and made the day work for us. Life is everywhere it happens and you gotta just learn to deal with it. Good for you... I haven't tried the WATP four mile ... I'm sure it must be a real challenge. Of the 10 k we probably walk 5 of it ... so I'm sure you'd have no problem. Right now we're walking two minutes and running two minutes.... we'll have to bump it up next week tho.

sweetmagnolia - WHOO HOOO FOUR POUNDS GONE FOREVER..... WAY TO GO When you stay the same you really need to keep the faith, patience pays off....

Gabwill - hang in there baby... you're legs will feel like new tomorrow.

pegatha1 -Welcome and good luck with your road trip... sounds like you're well prepared. Hope to hear how your sticking to your plan.. everyday

Lucia - The first step back is the committment to DO IT and look.... you're on your way. Good for you. Thirty minutes exercise and healthy eating are excellent goals.

Okay that's it - it's 10pm and I'm exhausted and still have a lot to do... Good night - have a great day tomorrow..

squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:56 AM   #79  
"workin' on my fitness"

Hey chickies! I got here super-early to try to get a post in- trying to get 6 days of work into 4, because I have to take Thursday to deal with builder stuff. Love you all! Just wanted to let you know I am alive & kicking, just haven't had any time to myself!

xoxoxoxo
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:40 PM   #80  

Okay. I didn't come back yesterday to finish but I got called for an interview. I ended up doing 3 interviews for that company and then sent for the drug screening but I have another interview on saturday that I would rather. I wish I owuldn't have done the drug screening but that is alright since, I hope, I get the other job. They seem to already want to hire me since they asked me to bring all my info in for them. Anyway, I did not get any exercise in yesterday but did get alot in today. I did my kickbutt 1 & 2, then did cardio bootcamp (all 45 minutes) and then went on to do my strength training and kickboxing... I have alot of energy and I was trying to make up for not doing my workout 2 days. I have set my goal and no matter what I will reach it. I still want to run my 2.5 miles and possibly do another video but no guarantee on that. I will see how I feel once hubby gets home. The only thing that I haven't done on one of the days that I missed workout is Taebo and I can easily fit that into tomorrows workout since it is bellydancing, pilates and about an hour of taifit that I do. Not too hard of a workout so why not add that in.

Food has been alright. I really want to give into my cravings for pizza but don't know if hubby will allow that.

MsRD- Thanks for the support. It is a bit hard lately and it will get harder. I look forward to the challenge though.

Joy- You were right. My legs feel fantastic but after all that working out they feel a bit like jelly. That is alright. That means I am doing something right... atleast i hope.

Well DD is up from her nap so I will try to check in again later tonight to let you all know about the run.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:29 PM   #81  
Bound and Determined

Evening chicks!

Well, today wasn't so bad. I'm tired, and my body is tired. I really should exercise. No actual water today, only caffeinated beverages. Too much food (but not a lot, so it's ok).

Joy, I count calories. It's the only thing that's ever seemed to work for me (even if it's not working right now). Once I get the calories under control I'll attempt to watch carb/protein/fat ratios, but right now I'm just focusing on calories in vs. calories out.
Yesterday's calories came in at 1702. I didn't add that in my post, because I didn't have my handy-dandy calorie reference at Steve's.
Today I'm at 1966, which is a little high, and I'm still craving something sweet. I'm already over calorie budget. I really should exercise. My body is telling me NO. I should just go to sleep. And I do have a note posted on my monitor that says "Listen to your body; it knows what it needs."

Anyway, today's food:

Breakfast: coffee w/FF chocolate creamer and Equal, English muffin w/mayo, cheese, egg

Lunch: diet pepsi, subway club w/provolone, mayo, and veggies, wheat thins, small chocolate

Snack: small piece of peanut butter fudge

Dinner: diet coke, chicken and cheese quesadilla w/salsa

Yeah, I definitely need to get some sleep tonight. It's important to rest too. I'll get up in the morning early enough to exercise. Yeah, there's a plan. Then I'll feel good all day tomorrow. That's the ticket.

Oh.... fruit. I think I'm going to have some peaches for my something sweet. At least that will be healthy, right?

Ok, fruit, manicure, sleep. Exercise in the morning. Have a great evening everyone!
~Elisha
Old 03-09-2005, 08:38 PM   #82  

Evening all!

Ok....got the food thing back in line today! Breakfast was oatmeal/banana bread & tea......lunch was yogurt & an apple.....mid-afternoon was popcorn......dinner was chicken stirfy & rice......and a handful of dry roasted peanuts when visiting MIL. Not sure about the Chinese calories, but I'm figuring 1300-1400 for the day. Got my 60-oz of water in too! I gotta make that scale go down this weekend!ns:

Julie....Evening snackies are the worst! I simply cannot give them up! Instead, I try to budget my calories, so there is a little left over for a snack.....and then *try* to make it a healthy one! Since you make better food choices when someone is watching, I think we should institute a 'let's watch Julie eat' schedule. Tomorrow is Thursday......who wants to follow Julie around Thursday and watch her eat?
Who wants to take Friday? Anytime you pick up a fork, just know that one of us is looking over your shoulder......gonna help you thru this, chickie!

Elisha......You have really turned around your eating plan! Great job! And fresh peaches sounds sooo good right now!

Lisa....Take tomorrow off....put your feet up and food will be better tomorrow. I always get into trouble when I start skipping meals.....gotta make up the lost calories somewhere!

Joy.....When I said I did 4 miles of WATP, I didn't mean *all at once*!! No No......I'm not that good! I did the 1-mile easy walk in the AM......then again in the evening, along with the 2-mile brisk walk.......adding them all together makes 4 miles! That still counts, doesn't it?

Jenn.....thanks for checking in. Even a short note from you means a lot. Good luck on bringing all those loose ends together on the house!

Gabwill.....Sounds like you are doing great in the job interview area. Personally, I would rather have a root canal than go to a job interview! You have set your goals and sounds so determined to accomplish them.....I am so proud of you!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:15 PM   #83  

A good day,,,no skipped meals,,,got my toning routine in tonight for my arms! Finally! I'm slowly (and I do mean SLOWLY) getting back to "normal". No binge eating today, although it would have been really easy to slip into that. I'm not sleeping well...and that makes everything harder, it really does.

MsRD - Keep up the good work... the scale will definitely be going down! Good job..you ate really well today!! I'm game for signing up to "monitor" our Wonderful, sweet Julie!! Sign me up!! LOL! She agreed to let me sign up for a day! I'll take tomorrow, in fact...

Julie - ...Guess I'll see you tomorrow, right??

Elisha - Glad to hear a happier note in your "voice"! Yay!

Gabrielle - Wow, what a busy day!! Keep us posted about the job hunt.

Jennifer - Hi!! Miss you girl!

Joy - Hello there!! Hope you had a good day!

WELCOME PEGATHA!

Alrighty...off to bed! Good night! Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 03-10-2005, 12:52 AM   #84  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hey Everybody,

It is really gonna be a quick "fly by post" tonight. But I really had to check in and brag about my weigh in tonight. WHOO HOO 2.2 pounds gone FOREVER

Food was good ... Lets see Oatmeal/yoghurt (3) salad w/avacado (2) soup (2) orange (1) Bran Bar (2) apple (1) salad w/avacado (2) chicken (3) potato (3) corn (1) califlower (--) Tofu (2) 22 points used of 26 allowed... hmmm

The only exercise I got today was 2 x 15 minute walks. And water was a little low at about 60oz.

Glad to see everyone is turning around and feeling more positive..... I'll try to post more tomorrow ... Have a great day tomorrow...

squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 07:22 AM   #85  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Thurs AM--FBP

MOrning everyone...sorry I was MIA yesterday! It was a busy day yesterday, but that's about it. Eating was really, really bad...I mean um er...snacking! I hardly ate anything at meals. I split my b-fast and lunch up and had only a pork bbq and some applesauce for dinner, so I guess theother things in the middle (like some chocolate, yes...and some chips and cheese at bedtime! OUCH!) just counted toward my overall calories, which hopefully didn't go over! NO, I'm not keeping track! And YES, I should!

So today, Lisa is in charge of watching over me when I am alone! Thanks MsRD, for that little bit of inspiration! I loved it!!! You made me laugh out loud!

To the rest of you...I promise I will comment tonight when I have more time! I'm already running late for work, so I gotta go........

Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 06:55 PM   #86  
motomom

Default What????????????

I can't beleive NO ONE has posted since my measly little post very early this morning! WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU CHICKS???????? I'M TELLING YOU...YOU HAD BETTER GET YOUR BUNS OVER HERE THIS INSTANT AND GET POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!

AND THAT'S AN ORDER!
Old 03-10-2005, 07:39 PM   #87  
Bound and Determined

I'm here! I'm here!

I really didn't realize I hadn't posted this morning, but now that I think about it I remember trying to and my stupid computer froze. Blasted machine!

So last night I had some peaches and then rested and watched tv. Calories ended at 2102, which I know is high. However, I DID get up early and exercise this morning, and I'm drinking water right now, calories are good for today, so all is well. I'm really glad I exercised this morning though, because now I am dead tired! Today was busy! I'm going to take it easy this evening. There will probably be more tv involved. I don't know what I'm having for dinner though. I don't feel like moving enough to cook something, so probably a bowl of soup or something easy that I can microwave and be done with. And I have stuff to do online, so I'll probably be sitting in this chair for a while this evening (since my connection is dreadfully slow).

Anyway, I'm on board for the Watch Julie Eat task. Just assign me a day, I'll be there!

It's backwards for me though. When there are other people around, I guess I don't want them to think I'm that worried about what I eat, so I eat whatever they're eating. Unless I'm at a party or a buffet, in which case I don't want to eat anything because I feel like everyone will think I'm stuffing my already-fat-enough face. I know, I'm confused/-ing.

Ok, it's time to get some food now, and then be lazy. I'll be back later to report the day's final menu. Have a nice evening, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 03-10-2005, 08:39 PM   #88  

Smile

Hello All!

Just totalled up todays calories.....and I am only at 1200! WooHoo! I can have a guilt-free treat tonight (as opposed to the guilty treat I had last night when I was already over on calories!) Breakfast was oatmeal & milk & tea........midmorning tea......lunch was yogurt......mid afternoon - fruit cup......dinner was roast beef & potatoes & green beans & juice. got all my water in too!

Lisa.....Glad you had a good day. You are doing such a good job with your eating! With nothing much else to do and not sleeping, that has got to be tough!

Joy.....Down 2.2 pounds! You are doing a terrific job!

Julie.......We are watching you......and start counting those calories (or carbs or grams or whatever you should be counting)

Elisha.....Morning exercise is the best! It always energizes me till practically noon! I don't always budget my time, though, so I don't always get it done ....like this morning ! So, I guess i better get at it now and make up for lost time!

it is snowing AGAIN here.....and windy....and bitterly cold. Think I will go downstairs and throw another log on the fire!

Last edited by MsRD; 03-10-2005 at 08:45 PM.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:27 PM   #89  

I'm here too! Good Evening!!

Today, I made up my mind I was going to exercise. I started on the elliptical, and after about 4 minutes, I felt like it was going to be too hard. So, I went to the recumbent bike and rode for 20 min. After that, I was so very tired...exhausted..and I took a bath and then slept for 2 HOURS while the kids watched some kiddy programs- we were all in the living room together. I was just totally beat. My arms are SCREAMING today from the toning I did last night. I'm kinda excited about starting the toning!

The rest of the day I just laid around..did some laundry..swept a little..fed the kids..diapered the baby (who is not a baby anymore really........), and did my other "mommy stuff". Tonight, my son played in his basketball tournament. They won...it was neck in neck the whole game, and they won by 1 point! I totally forgot I had just had surgery, and I jumped off the bleachers and was jumping up and down, screaming...and then ummmmm.....wet my pants!!! LOLOL!! So, now I am TIRED ALL OVER AGAIN!! But, my son's team is in the FINAL FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!! We are really psyched! Oh, man I love sports!! I'm not athletic, but I love to see my sons play. A lot of times where we live, sporting events can get down right violent. It's the parents really......such competition.....

Well, I ate TERRIFIC today, and you know what??? It was hard as he//!!!!! I was hungry and grumpy, and just craving junk and fast food. I held firm though, and got in my veggies and ate my minimum 22 points. I weighed this morning...a day early...but I'm going to weigh again tomorrow, cause tomorrow is my "official" weigh in day. I even got in MORE water than usual..although not the recommended amount.

So, a good day - all in all!!!!

MsRD - What kind of snacks do you like to have in the evenings? Sweets? Salty? Just curious..I always wonder what everyone else likes. And, I am going to make your oatmeal banana loaf tomorrow I think! That has been on my mind!

Julie - Well, Ms. Drill Sergeant.....here's my post!!! LOL!! How was your day????

Joy - Bravo on the 2.2 pounds!!! You are JUST AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You always give me hope .

Elisha - Hi!

THE REST OF OUR WONDERFUL CHICKIES - HOPE YOU ARE SAFE AND WELL!!!!

Have a fabulous evening everyone!!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 07:22 AM   #90  
motomom

Default Friday Morning

Well good...I was starting to worry that you chickies had all deserted me! And Lisa...I KNOW you weren't watching me yesterday because I had 2 cookies from Subway AND a frosted BROWNIE...not to mention the popcorn I ate last night while watching Survivor! Kaleigh kept telling me "Mommy, just take ONE at a time!!!!!" SHE was watching me! <SIGH!> Good thing today will be a new day...and another busy one!

I did not get in my exercise last night which means I HAVE to do it tonight, tomorrow and Sunday to make 5 days this week! It snowed here again yesterday which put me in a "I don't give a sh*t...we are NEVER going to have summer here in Michigan" mood, so I think that just compounded over the whole day and by last night I was just so out of sorts, that I really didn't care! Dang it! That just means the scale will probably be back up next week unless I really bust butt and stay focused through the weekend...which is totally hard to do...but I CAN do it!!!

Today we have a taco bar at work for Employee appreciation day! It won't be too bad...I'll fill up on lettuce...maybe? The residents and I are also making a raspberry waldorf salad, so there's my fruit, eh?

WHO EVER IS WATCHING ME TODAY....PLEASE BE THERE FOR ME, OK??? I was so strong the first 3 days of the week and then yesterday, things fell apart! I just have to stay strong and focused. The sun is out today, so maybe that will help! So help me if DH brings pizza home tonight........!!!!!

Lisa...you sound like you are on the mend chickie! Sorry about the "wetting" accident. Things happen. Hope you got to bed at a reasonable hour last night and slept well! I'll chat with you later!

MsRD...I will try to start counting calories...I really hate it, though...but I know it makes me more accountable. It is just so time consuming, though...and that's a precious commodity around here, ya know! So glad you had a good day!

Elisha...You are sounding more positive and so glad you got your exercise in yesterday. I know what you mean about having a "TV night". That was my night last night. Just left the dishes in the sink until this morning (which I hate) and vegged last night! Oh...maybe you should take Saturday!

Joy...Yea on the 2.2 lbs. You are doing so good and I know that you are on the downward descent! I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good work, chickie!

Gab...you sound like you are still getting in your exercise despite your busy schedule! I'm proud of you! Keep up the great work and good luck with the job hunt!

Jen...wherever you are...I hope you are having a wonderful day! Know that we are here for you!

To the rest of you...Have a wonderful Friday and hope the weather is warmer and NOT SNOWY where you are!

Hugs!