Old 03-13-2005, 10:33 AM   #106  

Happy Sunday!

Really didn't plan to check in here, as I have nothing special to add, but somehow I end up here anyway!

ChickNextDoor... .I was so happy to see your post! Sorry that you're not sleeping well yet.....maybe you are uncomfortable enough that it keeps you awake? Could you take some over-the-counter pain meds at bedtime to kind of take the edge off? Your kids are probably suffering a certain amount of stress, having Mom out of commission for a period of time. Maybe you could plan a fun family day when you feel better.....to kind of thank them for being so helpful....and tell them about it now and help them plan it (maybe that will curb the 'attitude' and give them something positive to think about)

BeautySeed......You have such a positive outlook! Though I think I would draw the line at full-length mirrors ....probably quite an effective tool!

Lucia.....I hope we were a help yesterday. Are you feeling better? If not, please schedule an appointment with your doctor Monday......take it easy till then.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:55 PM   #107  
Gettin' Married!

Talking

I try to have a positive outlook, theres times my fiance pushes play for me and makes me do them. He knows how much I want to wear a size 8 for my wedding. I don't want anybody singing "here comes the bride all fat and wide" UGH. I had a thyroid problem that made me bloom up to a size 22. I'm 5'11 and 283. I gotta burn it off. I wish all of you geat great luck for this next week. I hope you all achieve your weekly and daily goals! WHen you fall get up and pick yourself up!
beautyseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:14 AM   #108  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Monday Morning

I tried to post last night, but I had to reboot and lost all of it! Just wanted to say that I had a blah weekend r/t diet and exercise! Just couldn't find (or make) the time for exercise when I felt like doing it and food was less than healthy! Certainly I didn't drink enough water, which seems to affect my eating, so for today...I'm going to concentrate on drinking my water and getting in some sort of exercise!

Just a few quick responses...I have a dentist appt. this morning so gotta run!

((((((((((Lucia))))))) I hope you enjoyed your day at home yesterday. Glad we could help you put things into perspective. It's nice to have others to bounce this kind of thing off...at least it helps me!

Beatuyseed...When's the nuptial date? We will have to plan a "virtual shower" for you!!! Congratulations!

Tracy...I hope each day brings you a little more strength. I feel a little guilty for not having exercised this weekend after reading your post. I will try to do a little extra today for you!

Hugs to the rest of you!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:56 AM   #109  

well just wanted to say that I am still here. I have had two job offers but am taking the one that offers less hours but pays more to the hour. I don't mind that it is less hours, I just like the fact that it isn't in a different town. Less of a drive.
We did get a new keyboard so I can actually respond without problems. Just dont' have the time right now since dd has her nurse coming in about 20 minutes and I still have to get her and myself dressed.
I have been busy lately so haven't had a chance to get any exercise done. Haven't done anything since friday but saturday went shopping and had the interview and sunday went shopping again for more owrk clothes. Loving it but don't like the fact that it felt like I was going up in size (although in the past 2 weeks I have lost 7 inches... 2 in hips and bust and 3 in waist). I don't know, yesterday was just horrible but I don't have time to get into it now. and I weighed in at 144 today.
Today I do plan on running about 3 miles and doing atleast one other activity but haven't decided on that just yet. I figured that I might as well start cutting it down to an hour a day maybe a little more since I begin work tomorrow. Running 3 days a week instead of tow and doing my rear end exercises too. Now I just have to get eating out of the way and working can make it difficult but I will manage. Well I will write again after my exercise is done. Talk to you all later.

Just wanted to ask how everyone else is doing in their challenges... any goals met. I am still 5 lbs away from my challenge and that isn't good.

Last edited by gabwill; 03-14-2005 at 11:04 AM. Reason: asking a question
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:03 PM   #110  

Default Job interview outfit... got the job

well someone wanted a preview and I finally found out how to resize the photos to fit so here they are. I have bought 2 more outfits for the job since but I do like this one. I never take pics of myself and I think I look smaller then these show me but that is alright... reality check I guess you can say. Hope you all like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gab6.JPG (13.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg gab7.JPG (19.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg gab8.JPG (26.7 KB, 21 views)
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 03:17 PM   #111  
~In my own little world~

I'm getting pretty upset over the no working out thing. I know I can't and I realize I can easily overdo myself with normal activities but it is really depressing. (I did drop 2 pounds this last week. I'm at 195) I hope you all have a great day. Drink your water and get in at least 15 minutes exercise. Plus the one minute for me.

Gabrielle- YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! And is that your DD? She is precious.

Julie- If I can guilt you into a workout, I will. Think about yourself hun. A little exercise is better than nothing. And one minute for me, well that means alot.
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 05:05 PM   #112  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi All! Sorry, I've sort of been MIA the past couple of days...you know how it is when life just "grabs you by the tail"..so to speak. Honestly, I just don't feel like "me"..I'm really, really blah. My doctor has changed my HRT..and he said give it 2 weeks to get adjusted. I usually pretty smiley, but lately I'm just like sitting here looking at the wall (well, not really..I don't have time to just SIT! LOL!) Part of my problem is exhaustion..I'm not sleeping well at all (I hear ya Tracy!! ). I am waking up in an exhausted panic of sorts. Grrrrrrrrrrr.....where is Lisa??? I want her back!!!!! And, I am mad,, so mad!!!...cause I want to work out and exercise. I know why I haven't been able to, but it is still frustrating. Today was grocery day for me..the first time I've bought groceries in a month!! I did well, but Super Wal-Mart wears me out on the very best of days! Well, my goodness, you gals didn't want to hear all this complaining I know, but I've got to tell SOMEBODY. Oh, thanks for listening.. you are all the BEST. (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) for all my chickies!!!!

Tracy - That's just great about the 2 pounds! Hooray! Did you ever get any fresh fruit?? LOL...I'll ship ya some if you want! Are you finding it easy to get in your water? Do you feel kind of bloated and the water makes you feel yucky? I'm getting better with it, but still....... And, also, my bladder is still so irritated from the surgery, how are you progressing with that? Sorry for the "interrogation"!!! Just wondering how it's going.

Gabrielle - What a sweet DD!! She is so cute!! And that is a terrific picture of you ...but don't you have blonde hair?? I get it in my mind how people look, and I just would have sworn you have blonde hair!! LOL

Also, I think Lucia has blonde hair for some reason? Lucia - is it??? Lucia - hope you are feeling much better and that your day turned out terrific.

Julie - Hi! How was the dentist appt? We are still looking at your snow pictures here. What's your weather like today??

Beauty - 5'11"??? You are so lucky! I wish I was that tall! I love to hear about wedding stuff, you'll have to keep us posted .

MsRD - Hi there! How did it go with your grandson? I know he must love coming to your house. I have been so grateful to both my Mom and my MIL for letting my kids be such a part of their lives...they love to visit, and come back just SPOILED ROTTEN!! LOL!!

Joy - Hope you are well and having a terrific kind of day!!

Jennifer, Elisha, Mary, and everyone else...I send you good vibes too!!

I'll try to get back on here tonight...maybe I will be more positive and have more positive things to report. For now..I've got to get some supper cooking!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:34 PM   #113  

Hello All!

Just when I have been doing so well.......and then I just lost it yesterday! DS & DIL brought some snackies yesterday.....cheese & crackers and some Hershey almond kisses.....and I dove into them headfirst! Good grief! It was like I hadn't eaten in a year.....downright embarrassing! And I had made a cake for dessert......and wore a path running back and forth for another piece. Then, I got home from work today and, while preparing dinner, had another piece of cake as an appetizer. SOMEBODY STOP ME!

BeautySeed......how wonderful you have a fiance to help you.....even if it is to only press 'play'! Have you set a date for the wedding yet?

Gabwill.....Congratulations on the new job! You have been so busy with interviews and shopping and the like......it will seem nice to have everything settle down so you can get back on plan! I love your new avatar....what a cutie!

ChickNextDoor....I got up early to do a 1-mile WATP just for you today! Glad to help out where I can.... Will the doctor let you do some easy stretches or upper body toning?

Lisa.....I know you must be feeling better, as you want to do more and more all the time! Don't push it, chickie......if you do too much, it will just postpone your total recovery!

I have a whole list of chores tonight......and getting to bed on time is one of them! Have a nice evening!

Last edited by MsRD; 03-14-2005 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:14 AM   #114  
Gettin' Married!

Thumbs up Woo hoo

Yes, I have 18 months to size my self down. September 30th is the set date, and I'm wanting to wear my mom's dress. I've done some preplanning, but havent started planning heavily yet. I'm not going to be a bridezilla, I promised myself that! I exercised today! BUT OMG I had a twix candy bar, I'm so bad. Josh, my fiance was like put it down, resist, do you have more power or does the candy bar lol and I just kept eating it! lol...all except half of the 2 bars. Ugh, chocolate is so evil. I need to get to the grocery store to pick up more good food.

My exercise video is going well, I'm not so sore now of days. I'm thinking about moving on to burn it up, i'm on slim it up right now. Burn it up is an one hour vidoe, and the slim it up is 25 minutes so it'll be a big change, but I NEED A BIG CHANGE IN APPEARANCE

Good luck to you all this week, I KNOW YOU CAN RESIST, as can I.

Last edited by beautyseed; 03-15-2005 at 01:20 AM.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:21 PM   #115  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Howdy chicks!

Sorry I've been MIA... my computer is officially broke, but Steve swears it's almost fixed now, so I'll get to bring her home soon. Food has been not great, but not terrible either, and water has actually been decent. I went to the dr this morning and had my birth control switched back, and the nurse said Seasonale made her gain 10 pounds too! I've still got a couple of weeks of it left, then hopefully my metabolism will start working again.

And we have a new dog to play with. Last year after my grandpa died, Grandma spent months searching for an Airedale puppy (we used to raise Airedales, so we've all been around them all of our lives). At the end of September she finally got one--we had to drive about 5 hours to get it. Anyway, I get home last night and find that she's given us her $900 dog that she just *had* to have. She says he has too much energy and she can't handle him, yada yada yada. She's already made it through the rough parts, a few more months and he'll be out of the puppy stage and settle down. But... you can't argue with my grandma, so we have a new dog to play with.

I can't believe she gave us her dog. It makes me sad to think she'll be alone now. But, I guess it's her decision. And now, Mason is our dog. *rolls her eyes*

Anyway, that's my excitement of the week. I'll check back in when I can, chicks. I hope you're all doing well.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:18 PM   #116  
~In my own little world~

Hello Chicks. Anyone do an extra workout for me today? I'm thinking of trying to get on my bike for about 15 min tonight. We shall see though. I need some kind of exercise and strength training is out. My bike is pretty comfy though so I'm going to check it out.

I got out today for about an hour. Course I might be paying for it. I had to come in and take Ibuprofen. And my belly is swelled a little. I just want to get back to normal.

I've been eating decent and drinking plenty of water. Craving fruit though. LOL!!

Lisa- I did get some fresh fruit but I had to go to Walmart myself with DH & kids in tow over the weekend to do it. Nobody said anything about NOT pushing a shopping cart till I was in terrible pain afterwards. *sigh* But now I know. Getting in my water isn't a problem. As a matter of fact, it has been about the only thing that hasn't made me nauseated. My bladder has taken spells of just plain hurting. But not all the time. I can't describe it but it has been fewer episodes of pain in the last few days. Interrogate all you want. It doesn't bug me a bit. Honestly though what has helped me the most has been getting off the antibiotics and other weird meds and taking my iron pills again. I literally feel like a different person from my Iron pills.

MsRD- Thanks for thinking of me, hun. No kind of stretches or toning yet. I'm over it though. Never thought I would be upset to NOT workout.

BeautySeed- I bet you will be fab for your wedding. But stay away from the Twix bars. They are pure evil.

Miss elisha- The puppy sounds adorable. My grandmother was the same way. It was her way or no way. Maybe you can take the doggy to see her and she will get the benefits of the little sweetie without the pains of being responsible for what it gets into. Good luck with your new little friend.

Have a great day everyone.
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 04:13 PM   #117  
Gettin' Married!

Talking Oh Yea

I did ramp it up today with my beach body program...it literally kicked my butt oh my goodness, lol it was something else. But I'm feeling great after it. WOW I never thought I'd say that, I hate exercising, but this is great. With all the muscles twitching and burning I know I'm working them! YAY! I can't wait till I start seeing results, my fourth work out....I kinda slacked off for a while so I'm back on track, I'm so proud of myself.

Chicknextdoor: What's wrong with yourself? Why do you hurt all the time? I must of not read about that? I'm so sorry that you can do all that stuff, I'll do extra workouts for you!!!

MSRD: Keep it up, the food is so terrible with temptation, I hate giving in!!

Good luck, we can do it!!!
Old 03-15-2005, 08:50 PM   #118  

Hello All!

Just a quick check in tonight, as there is a long list of things to do, and only a short amount of time left. Food today was......interesting? I started out with breakfast ok with oatmeal & milk & tea.....mid-morning there was a piece of birthday cake on my desk......lunch was yogurt & string cheese.......then when I got home DH wasn't feeling like dinner, so I grabbed a PB&J and headed off to see Mom. Calories are still in line, but the food choices could have been a mite healthier

BeautySeed.....Good job on bumping up the exercise! I has been doing the 1-mile and 2-mile WATP, which runs around 45 minutes.......but don't know if I am ready to go to the next level as yet.

Elisha....Awwww, a new puppy! And I love the name! Now you will be getting more exercise by walking the dog every day too! : And take Mason over to visit Grandma, and I am sure she will enjoy him more!

Tracy.....Less pain is good. Just keep listening to your body and it will tell you how much you can do.

Jenn? Mary? Julie? Gabwill? Lucia? Joy? Lisa?......and anyone else I have missed......hope you are having a great day!
Old 03-15-2005, 09:35 PM   #119  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabwill
well someone wanted a preview and I finally found out how to resize the photos to fit so here they are. I have bought 2 more outfits for the job since but I do like this one. I never take pics of myself and I think I look smaller then these show me but that is alright... reality check I guess you can say. Hope you all like
Gabrielle...you look fabulous!!!! Sorry I didn't write sooner, but just wanted you to know that I'm so happy you took the pictures and posted them! And remember...pictures always make us look bigger than we really are!

Oh and that Jasmine is ADORABLE too!!! Thanks for sharing her picture with us too!
Old 03-15-2005, 09:45 PM   #120  
motomom

Default Is it Tuesday already?

OMG...I have been so awful about posting here! I just am not motivated right now to do anything including eat well or exercise! I have heard all the lectures, so you can save them! In fact I told DH last night that after supper I was going down to ride the bike and when supper was done, I really wanted to rest for a few minutes and he bugged me about it and I think I didn't do it just because someone was telling me I had to! Ever do that? LOL!

I have NOTHING good to say about my food or exercise or weight, except that I did manage to get some toning in (at DD's urging--Go Kaleigh!) a couple of nights in the last few, but really NO exercise since last Tuesday! I know it's been horrible! I am starting a new challenge (for those of us with Cabin Fever and who are feeling "light deprived") to get up 3 mornings a week before work or anything else...and do a workout...what ever it is! I will start this...I said to Lisa on Monday, but I really think it needs to start sooner!!! I'll try to get up...NO, I WILL get up tomorrow at 6 and do my workout...25 minutes of the bike or WATP...whichever I feel like when I get up! I need to do something to get back my energy! I have zero! Nada! Zilch!!!

So there ya have it...those of you who love me, thanks and keep on supporting me...I haven't dropped off yet!!!! I hope that you will hold me accountable tomorrow...I WILL check in later tomorrow!

Hugs to all!