Old 03-18-2005, 01:33 PM   #151  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Default Hee Hee...let me tell you about this lunch!!

I go and get my DH's favorite Chinese food, get food for the boys, and go to my DH's classroom for our anniversary lunch. For those of you that don't know,,,he is a teacher at a middle school. Well, I walk into the classroom with all of this food, and I see that he has taken a classroom table and put candles on it.........it's like this big candleabra thing all lit up, music is playing..Miles Davis - I immdiately thought of you Julie!, and there is a big mushy card for me too. I just cracked up. It was so perfect! And the students were eating in there too (some of them), and they were giving DH high fives saying he had done a good job! It was very lighthearted and fun. I like this group of kids so much that I go a lot of Fridays for lunch anyway..I have gotten attached to some of them, and I enjoy their company, and they look forward to seeing my children too...

Anyways..just wanted to share that!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:49 PM   #152  
~In my own little world~

And it happened again!!!!! My internet explorer keeps crapping out. This is the 3rd. Yes 3rd time I have typed this big post and lost it. And the last 2 times I even saved the post by copying and still lost it! I'm gonna blow.

Lisa your DH sounds alot like mine. The whole thing sounds so sweet. We are both so lucky.

I typed to each of you chicks but I just can't do it again. I'm sorry. Just know that I have read everyone's trials and tribulations of the week. I am so sorry things are so hectic. May we all have sunny skies this next week.

I need to set some goals for myself this next week. I'm getting overwhelmend from sitting around. Plus I didn't get to set goals for this month due to my drama.

So here goes:

~Workout at least 15min each day (I liked Lisa's idea of walking her hall, I can actually do that)
~Drink my water (I forget some days)

Not ground breaking but better than nothing.
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:57 PM   #153  

Happy Friday!

Sheesh.....this weight loss thing is really getting hard.....or maybe I am just anticipating a bad weigh-in day tomorrow (after all, I know what I have eaten this week and it hasn't be all that good). BUT.....water is good....exercise is good.....and hopefully the forward momentum will continue.

Joy....A non-moving scale still is better than one that goes in the wrong direction. I still count it a success!

BeautySeed......Your exercise and food plan are right on! And I love your enthusiasim! Keep it up.....you inspire me!

Lisa.....Happy Anniversary! Congrats to you and your DH.......how sweet to surprise him with a special lunch at work. It sounds like the kids loved it too!

Gabwill.......It is rough adjusting yourself to working. Understand that you will not be able to do everything you used to do......set your priorities now and avoid the nervous breakdown later.

Jenn......I know where you are, chickie.......btdt. The house and the job and the roid.....all these things will resolve themselves, I guarantee it. In the meantime, try to eat healthy and get your rest. The poor kitty is probably suffering the grief of losing your other cat.....plus they are sensitive to the stress around them too. In the midst of all this chaos, now you have to make some special 'kitty time' to soothe the little beast.

Mary.....We are all here for you! You know that! I know this will all come together for you...:....you have accomplished too much to give up now!

I made a list today of all the projects I need to complete before Spring.......So, I have a plan and now all I have to do is get out of this chair
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:15 PM   #154  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Hi...

Just making myself post another post. Post a post? Sounds like an entree'. I'll have the post a post and could you put the sauce on the side, please?

The weather was breath-takingly gorgeous today. But I spent my morning in my cave. And only got to soak a little sunshine into my turtle face while sitting in the parking lot with the sun roof open, waiting until it was time to go in to work. Sigh... 'Round about this time every year, I start having "the talk" with myself that I'm not going to waste my spring and/or summer, chained to my computer. I tell myself I'm going to go outside and soak up the sun and "blow the stink off of me." Walk on the rails to trails, ride my bike, swim more, bike more, play more. Sigh... then 'round 'bout fall every year, I'm kicking myself for NOT doing just that.

I planned my day out better today (food wise) and aside from a little "OOPS" with some vegetable beef soup... (not the points, the fact that I ate meat on Friday) I've done some pretty good planning. I'm on my third bottle of water, trying to convince myself that I'm NOT hungry. It's uhhhh sorta working. Okay, not really... but I've got some canned vegetables and a ww tuna noodle dinner with my name on it. Trying to hold out until later, so I can maybe head off that late night eating when I get home at midnight.Maybe I'll go to Kroger's on the way home and get some even better choices.

I don't know what state it was, but I just saw on Fox News somewhere having gas over $3.00 (WAY over!)! Not good. Pooh Bear has already written that he may not come up this week end because of the gas prices. But if he doesn't come up, I bet I could scratch a lot of things off of my "to do" list. Go turtle! Go turtle.

Okay...Happy Anniversary Lisa Girl. Joy, take care of that knee. All you other chicks (we don't have any boys here do we? ) take care and enjoy your week end.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:13 AM   #155  
~In my own little world~

Quote:
Post a post? Sounds like an entree'. I'll have the post a post and could you put the sauce on the side, please?
Old 03-19-2005, 04:52 PM   #156  

HI! :

I have had a day! Just took 2 aspirin and am vegetating here in the puter room.....trying not to hurt myself further! Let's back up and start from the beginning! Today is weigh-in day and, not surprisingly, I have gained back that pound that was so hard to lose in the first place. *sigh* BUT, I decided that was not going to destroy my day.......popped in the WATP and did 3 miles! I was ready to conquer the world......but decided to paint the half-bath instead (paint has been sitting here for 6 months). I headed downstairs to get the paint supplies......slipped and fell down the stairs.....ouch!......good thing I am so well padded. This bathroom is little, and I am.....ahem, not little. Seems like every time I turned around, I stuck my arse in the wet paint on the opposite wall.......still, looks pretty good, butt marks and all. I had just finished up and was putting the switchplates back on......and stepped over the paint bucket one too many times.......and dumped it all over the family room carpet. I just finished cleaning that up.....and my sweet DH offered to take me out to dinner later. I don't know if he is feelling sorry for me, or is afraid of the damage I could do if let loose in the kitchen!

Mary......Your post was wonderful.....I laughed out loud (and God knows I needed a laugh at that point!) I cannot wait to get outside.....assuming Spring will arrive sometime soon (it snowed again this morning!). My garden was in pretty sorry shape last season, so I have been poring over the garden catalogs and planning. Hopefully, my resolve won't melt away before the snow does!

Well, I am feeling lucky, so will continue to finish up the painting project. Have a great weekend, chickies!
Old 03-19-2005, 05:56 PM   #157  
~In my own little world~

MsRD- I know you didn't mean to but I am sitting here just rolling at you. ROFL!!! You have made my day with your painting adventure. I am sorry you fell but you are priceless on telling a story. Thanks for that. And your DH not wanting any damage in the kitchen straight killed me. BAAhaaaaaaaaaa

I had every intention of doing some walking today but woke up to some spotting that I am sure is the stitches dissolving but that coupled with a little pain stopped my thoughts of exercise today. So I'm vegging.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:57 PM   #158  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Sunday Afternoon

Hi all you chickies...
Have a quick minute to post...you all have made me laugh the last couple of days...and I have to second Tracy...MsRD....Your post made me just crack up! I hope that you are ok with all of that trauma! Sounds some of our "redecorating experiences" around here!!!! Remind me to tell you about the time that DH rolled a hole in the ceiling with the paint roller!!!!! Oh...that was the icing on the cake!

So...here I am....out of control carb binging the last few days. I made a blueberry pie (don't ask?) and ate quite a bit of that yesterday, today I had cake at church, a bagel for breakfast, a Reese's PB egg, and a couple of those Butterfinger mini eggs so far today! I did eat some protein, so all is not lost! I need to just STOP THE OUT OF CONTROL EATING NOW!!!! OMG...

So....I went to Walmart and Target today to look at some new exercise equipment. I saw a "Door Gym" at Bed, Bath & Beyond a few weeks ago so was looking for something like that...for resistance exercises, but didn't see it. I did find a resistance kit at Walmart for around $25.00 with interchangeable and adjustable tubing (which is a necessity). I think I will go back and get that one.

Have to take a pair of pants back that I got for DD (too big) and a pair of shoes back to Payless (too big). Guess I thought she was much bigger than she is!!! So I will pick up that kit then!

I DID get, thoug a new Leslie Sansone DVD..WATP Deluxe 2 pack DVD Edition. It has the one, two and 3 mile on it! Says you can do it with weights, so that will be good. I'm hoping it's a little more diverse than the one I have!

Well, I must run...but hope that all you chickies are having a great day! I will have my menu planned before I leave for work in the morning...I PROMISE!

HUGS!!!!!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:51 PM   #159  

Hello all!

Apparently the muscles and toning I have been working on with WATP are not the same muscles that I use to paint a room. My body has totally seized up from the eyebrows down. And since I can't move around too much, all I have done today for the past 2 days is eat.......not pretty. Looking forward to tomorrow and getting back on plan with good food and lots of water!

So.......Easter will be upon us within the next week. There will be extra chocolate and jelly beans.....and maybe a big family dinner.....can we deal with all this? What are your plans to contend with all the temptations? I always do soo badly, foodwise, especially on Sundays when I cook a big family meal. And that is probably my main problem with not losing weight any faster......my food and exercise plans may be right on during the week, but I gain it all back on the weekend!

Brain has now ceased to function.....must be getting tired. See you chickies tomorrow!
Old 03-20-2005, 09:51 PM   #160  
motomom

Default I exercised!!!!

Just wanted to report that I did the one mile express on the new DVD I bought.

I also went back and got that stretchie resistance band set from Walmart today. Tried it out and I think it's going to be just perfect!

I also bought some new workout clothes and that made me feel just wonderful when I worked out tonight! So with all of that new stuff, I am on the road to success!!!

DD has been sick all weekend, so I'm thinking that I will be staying home tomorrow, which will give me an opportunity to work out longer and also to get that menu together. I did make some chili, so that is always an option. The blueberry pie will be thrown out tomorrow. Hubby bought me some SF low fat ice cream so that can be my "treat" if I'm good during the day. We have fruit and veggies, so no excuses, right?

This is a journey about ME and about what I am capable of doing with my body and my mind, so I had just better get going or this body is going to show me once again what IT can do with ME!!!! And that is NOT a pretty sight!!!!

Chick...take care ofyourself! We want you back in action by next month, ya hear??? LOL! Really...do be kind to yourself!

MsRD...hope you were able to rest peacefully today without incident!!! Maybe when I work up to the 3 mile, we can start challenging each other with that DVD...sounds like you have the same one Ihave! Does it use the weighted balls in the video? Anyway...get back on the horse again tomorrow! I will too!

Mary...hope you were able to check off some of those things on your list! And keep going, turtle!!! You can do this!!!

Lisa...Can you beleive I forgot to wish you a Happy Anniversary! I'm sorry! What a horrible friend I am!! I'm so glad you have Brad and he has you! That's the way anniversaries should go...you go, girl!

Elisha...so glad you took the walk. I remember when you used to do that walk almost daily! Hope you enjoyed the nice weather! I'm ready for some...could you send some this way, please???

I hope the rest of you had a good weekend...whereever you were. Hugs to all!
Old 03-21-2005, 10:17 AM   #161  

well I have been very busy. By the time I get home I don't feel like doing anything. Thankfully I only work 4 hours tomorrow and then am off on wednesday so I can atleast get something done. It is tougher then I thought it would be to stay away from dd. She cried the last couple of time I brought her to the sitters but today hubby brought her so I didn't have to. That was good on my part. Other then work and playing with dd nothing else has been going on. I haven't watched tv or anything but being on my feet all day has helped. In the past week I have gone down to 142 (2 bs difference) which is good. Maybe I was over doing it wth all that I was doing before and now am just right where it needs to be to lose. I do eat fast food now so not everything makes sense as to how I could finally get below 143 (have not gotten this low in years- lately have just been going between 143 and 146 and nothing below) So I am pleased with the results right now. I do have alot of toning to do but am happy with the weight change. I have to watch what I eat or I will go back up. I do plan on exercising everyday that I have off which, since I have started, hasn't been one day yet. Anyway, I have to go get ready for work but wanted to do a little check in before then. Hope everyone else is doing well (didn't have time to read everyone's posts but will next time) talk to you all later.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:07 AM   #162  
motomom

Default 2 days in a row!!!

Woo Hoo! I just finished the 2 mile WATP and it really didn't feel all that bad...even used the weight with it. Of course, the weight is only 1.5 but I think every little bit helps! I'm pumped...I'm motivated...and guess what???? THE SUN IS SHINING!!!!! Thanks for all the good vibes you all sent my way...you did, didn't you???

OK, enough smileys for now! Just wanted to let you all know that because I am home with DD today, I am getting lots done. I really miss my 3 days off a week and am going to try to talk my boss into letting me have them again...soon!!! We have our state survey coming up soon and there is so much to do to get ready (not that we shouldn't always be ready, by you know what I mean...) and then maybe after that I can take a little break! I sure need it.

Gabrielle...I know what you mean about being pooped after working all day! I just don't know how anyone has the energy to workout and take care of a little one when they are done working all day! So that's why I need to start getting up early and doing it then...maybe it will give me the energy I need to get through the day...and evening! I could at least do a mile before work..and then when the weather is nicer, I can do my walking outside before I have to be at work! You are such a good Mom to take the time to be with DD when you get home. She needs you! All our children need us!

OK...I keep waiting for more posts, so you all get your booties on here and "post a post" (as Mary says!)!!!!

Hugs,
Old 03-21-2005, 02:20 PM   #163  
motomom

Default Getting Beyond Being Stuck

I've been "stuck" in this place for quite some time now and today I dug out some old reading material to help motivate me to get "beyond stuck"! I found something I downloaded from Ralph Marson's site and wanted to share it with you...in case you also happen to be "stuck" like I am! I hope it will help!

Getting Beyond Being Stuck

You can download it too and have it for those times when you just need a little boost!

I am asking myself these questions:
* What are the obstacles which are preventing me from becoming "unstuck"?
*What is one thing I can do to overcome those obstacles...TODAY???

Maybe this will help some of you...I hope it will help at least me! Thanks for listening!
Old 03-21-2005, 09:07 PM   #164  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

I'm here...I'm thinking about all of you and wishing you well. We are just crazy here. DH has some major deadlines for his schoolwork...we are spending a major amount of time at the ball park for baseball, add in homework, housework, yardwork, etc...and we are just BUSY!!!

I'm doing well....really good with water and exercise, and also good with food (excluding this weekend for my anniversary celebration!).

Just wanted to give you all a big ((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))!!

I'll hopefully comment tomorrow. Have a great evening everybody .
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:01 AM   #165  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default I'm still here too

Sending cyber Turtle hugs to my buddies in battle (the battle of the buldge). I'm lost and wondering what it's going to take to get me moving. Going to the grocery store in the morning. Going to TRY again. I'm downloading that "stuck" thingie from HiKein (maybe that will inspire me). And thank you in advance for that, whether it helps me or not. Here's wishing you all a great week. Let's Goooooooo Mountaineers! Sweet Sixteen. Awesome Mounties!
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote