Old 09-11-2004, 12:36 AM   #121  

Default Update for the day

Breakfast: lo-fat yogurt, all-bran, strawberries

Lunch: Lite frozen entree, lo-carb pita, cantalope

Dinner: pork BBQ, green salad, corn

Desert: 1/2 slice of cake

Snacks: lo-fat cottage cheese, orero thin crisps, watermelon martini

Total for the day: 1420 cal

(Who said you can't diet and eat well? It's all in the portion control, dahling. )

Exercise: 30 minutes on the treadmill at 3.9 mph.

Thanks again for the words of encouragement, everyone! I've always gone at this alone, and I think having a group to share with really helps.
waywardgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 01:02 AM   #122  

Well I didn't do as well as I thought that I would but I did do some of it. I walked only 2 miles instead of 5. Well that does bring me to 10 of the 90 miles I need to walk before Halloween. That is a good thing I guess but I wish that I would have done more.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 10:30 AM   #123  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Default Saturday hello!

Hi everybody! I don't know how many of you feel like I do - but the weekends are the hardest for me!! I am going to try to post both today and Sunday and see if it helps. For some reason, the weekend invites going out to eat...snacking....It can be a potential disaster for my eating!

Today I have started out well. I had Rice Chex cereal for breakfast. I know - that's no protein at all - but I wanted the cereal!!! I had it with 1% milk, which is healthy. I got on the exercise bike and did 30 min. I wanted to go more, but my ankle was hurting! I got up and stretched and walked around a bit, and tried it again - but it still hurt. And you aren't supposed to exercise in pain...so I stopped. Tonight I am going to try to get in at least 20 min. more. All in all, a good start for my day.

My birthday is in Oct., and I want a new outfit to wear for that day! Boy, it would sure be nice to buy a size smaller that I am in now! I am going between a 10 and a 12 right now...I'd like to be a comfortable 10 by my birthday! I think that is manageable!

How are you guys handling your weighing?? I am trying to decide...I think once a week works best for me - I just haven't decided which day it will be!! Last week I weighed on Mon., we'll just have to see.

Hope you all have a terrific weekend!
Lisa
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 12:42 PM   #124  

Talking Finally! Nice weather....For now!

Hi everyone!

I missed yesterday and didn't have time to read through some of the threads, so if I miss replying to anyone I'm sorry. It's 12:30 here and I am still drinking my coffee ! I haven't eaten yet and have no clue what the menu for the day will be b/c it will be a busy day (cleaning, football game to go to,etc). I had a bad day yesterday calorie-wise....I stopped counting when DH brought home tequilla for margartias. What can I say, I have been wanting to sit out on the deck and have a few all summer long, and it was such a nice day yesterday! I will be better today. The good news is that I went 3 miles on the stairmaster again, and walked another 1.5 miles the night before after I posted, so that puts me at 9 miles of activity this week so far. I decided that I am going to track miles as well as my weight. I will weight myself on Wednesdays. I need to change my signature soon.

Jennifer......Do you have a favorite football team? Miami plays today at 1pm instead of tomorrow I heard b/c of Ivan.

Dilleight.....No racing for me either, especially after the margaritas yesterday!

Lisa....As I posted eariler, I am going to post my weight once a week, but probably seek a peek once in a while!

Hikein2005.....I think it was you who asked about the eggs....have you tried Eggbeater? I but the store brand, and I love them and eat them all the time. Full of protein and fat free!

Waywardgirl.....I thought you would know some people from Geneseo. That school is full of people from Rochester! I really miss upstate NY! My grandmother used to live near Fredonia, hence my love for the Bills.

Gabwill......Great goal of 90 miles! 10/90 is wonderful! Keep up the good work. I think I might try for a similar goal!

A running theme on this thread seems to be how much H20 people drink a day, and it seems many of you hate it....Have you ever tried selzer water??I drink it all the time, and love it. I go through 4L a day sometimes and don't think twice about it. I have to force regular water down like it's my job!

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy day!
drazen04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 02:14 PM   #125  

Default Saturday

I had a really busy Friday. I probably ate too much, but I also had a lot more activity than normal, so no harm done.

Went horsebackriding for well over an hour, plus the hour of activity before and after riding. (when I first got back into horses 2 years ago, I would be tired after just going out to the pasture and leading my horse in to the barn!...that's bad!!)

Then in the evening hubby and I walked around the lake, I think it is about 3 miles. My feet got sore, I don't have walking shoes. I should have just worn my riding boots as I walk a lot in them by default and they are comfy. Oh well...now I have blisters, but at least I did something!

Then we went out to eat at Noodles. I was starving. I should have eaten 1/2 my entree, but I ate 2/3. It was really good. ;-)

Today I'm laying low this morning and going out riding this afternoon. Haven't eaten much today...and water is in front of me at the moment.

I have a question about the use of Splenda. I really am not wild about artificial sweeteners, is this stuff really safe or is it secretly causing cancer in lab animals like the others do? (in large quantities) I do like Crystal Lite Lemonade.

Birdiegirl <-- the skeptic!
Birdiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 02:58 PM   #126  

Default Just A Quick Hello

Hi everyone - today has been very busy for me. I have my boyfriend's daughter here for the weekend (5 years old), we went food shopping, to the toy store of course and than I went to wi, i did not gain and I did not lose, so for me that is a good thing. Monday, I will start with my Personal Trainer, which I am really looking forward too.

Went to the gym last night worked out 20 minutes on Treadmill and 20 minutes on the bike. I got alot of cardio in so that was awesome too. I am really not that hungry today, so mostly had my coffee and drinking my water, I know that I have to get my 22 daily target points in, but I am sure that I will. I made eggplant a little while ago, so I will finish making that and put in the oven for dinner.

Ladies have a great weekend and I will talk to you all again on Monday.

Redzam
Redzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 05:35 PM   #127  

Well so far only water to drink today. That is good since yesterday I drank half a glass of sprite. I also did my taebo and circuit training. I even added a little of pilates and although I can't do all of what is asked as far as the abs part goes on my DVD, I am getting a little better. A little at a time I guess. I still have to go walk for today but that isn't much with all that has been done so far. I hope that I can do 5 miles but I will settle for no less then 3 today since I didn't even do that much yesterday.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:57 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 156/156/125

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Gabwill - WOW - I wish I could get that much done in one day! That's like a week's worth of exercise for me!

I weighed in at the gym today and was 140 1/2 lbs. That's about 4 pounds less than I thought I was, so tha ft's good! If I stick to my goalor Halloween, I'll be down to 130-132 by the end of October. Not great, but certainly a start!
lauren2pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 07:45 PM   #129  

Red face

Hello All!
I have made Saturday my weigh-in day. I can usually keep my diet/exercise program on track Monday-Friday.....but the weekend is my real downfall (I hear ya, Lisa!) If I weigh-in Saturday AM, it will reinforce how much I have accomplished (hopefully) the past week and give me incentive to behave on the weekend. Anyway, it sounds good in theory......

I didn't lose an ounce! Of course, I have only been at this 2 days....maybe I should give this a little more time.....ROFL!

The food today was not on program......breakfast started out ok with cereal, milk and tea.....then I skipped lunch and got the munchies in late afternoon....which led to 3?oatmeal bars (yeah, they are sorta good for me, but not in quantity) and cranberry juice .....tried to redeem myself at dinner with a big salad and grilled steak and potatoes.

I spent the majority of the day laying underneath a car....helping DH put running boards on his antique car......so am a little short in the exercise department too. Of course, after laying on a cement floor for hours, a little stretching and exercise is beginning to sound good to get the kinks out....

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by MsRD; 09-11-2004 at 07:47 PM.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 09:16 PM   #130  

GOOD JOB Lauren on those 4 .5 lbs... wish it were the same for me but not yet.

Besides all the rest of that stuff I have also walked 5 miles which brings me up to 15 of 90. That is definitely better then I thought that it would as far as what I would do by this time. I may have to increase the number that I want to do but I am not sure yet. I rather have a little room to not do any in a day or so.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:10 PM   #131  

I know Im a little late. But I would love to join the Halloween Challenge. This is my first challenge!!!

Ok Goals by Halloween:

*Drink lots of water
*MAXIMUM of one diet soda per day
*School days eat:
Breakfast
quick snack maybe
lunch
snack after school
dinner
small snack.
*NO INBETWEEN UNHEALTHY MUNCHIES. Just a few HEALTHY snacks.
*Stay on track on weekends (where I often fall off the wagon)
*maximun of 1500cals per day
*Exercise everyday
*Get down to 115-120lbs (5-10lbs)
Reward=new clothes, perhaps some new shoes or maybe some new dance wear...oh I know, NEW MAKEUP...
blondie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:23 AM   #132  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Default Sunday check in!!

Hi everyone! Hope you are having a great Sunday! This weekend has flown by! I was so glad that I posted yesterday - it DID keep me on the straight and narrow!! I was out of my daily points by around 2:30 pm yesterday, and I had already used my target points for the week....so....here I am on a Saturday night, and NO POINTS. I ended up making a batch of the no point veggie soup and having a bowl of that for dinner, followed by a bunch of water. I just can't believe it - I didn't cave in!! I followed my plan. It's funny how such a little "success" just motivates the heck out of you!!! I am walking proud today!!!

Yesterday, I got in 64 oz of water -just barely - but I did it!!! I think the key for me is lemon! Drazen, I just don't care for the seltzer waters-I have tried them all....but the rest of my family loves them!! And my DH drinks them all the time! My problem is a continuing addiction to Diet Coke.

Today, I got in 10 miles in 30 min. on my bike!! That has been my goal - to ride the 10 miles in that time! I have also done 10 squats - yes, I know that's not a lot, but I am testing my back to see what it will tolerate....
This week so far, I have ridden 45 miles!!! Yes!!! Tomorrow is my official weigh in day...I really don't know what to expect....

Gabwill - Way to go with the walking. You are doing a great job!

Drazen - Hi! Hope you have a great day today!

Birdie Girl - Noodles? That sounds like my kind of place to eat !! As for the Splenda question....well....I hope it's o.k. I try not to use a truckload of it...I think it is alright in moderation. It sure helps me when I am trying to get this weight off!

Redzam - Way to go on the cardio!! You and I were on different wavelengths I think this weekend...you were hoping to get in your 22 target points...and I was using them as fast as I could!!! Do you like the flex points?? I kind of think I like the Winning Points (that they used to do) a lot better. I seem to lose better that way.

Lauren2pink - Hi!!

MsRD - What a sweetie you were to help DH with his car!! I was smiling away as I read that...sounds like something my hubby and I would end up doing!! I really enjoy reading your posts!! Keep up the good work!

Blondie - No, of course it's not too late to join!! Welcome!! I really love it here - lots of great ladies and support.

Alright, off to clean and do some stuff like that!! Have a blessed day!!

Lisa

Last edited by lisa girl; 09-12-2004 at 10:38 AM.
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:47 AM   #133  

Hey people!

Sounds like it's going well for everyone. I'm doing OK, I'd be doing so much better if it wasn't for all the snacking on the evenings. I've done my rebounding today and yesterday, not too fun today as I had a headache.

Good luck with the rest of the weekend.

Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:54 AM   #134  

Default Sunday Morning

Hi all!

Had another great horseback ride yesterday afternoon. WEather was incredibly pleasant mid 70s and low humidity, just a very slight breeze. Trail riding in a dressage saddle takes a LOT of leg muscle. Going up and down hills you have to grip from the knee up and keep your center of gravity, as there really isn't anything to hang on to. I do have a grab strap on my saddle in case of a real pickle, but I haven't had to use it. My colt has a good head and thinks before panicking about anything new.

I ate reasonably yesterday, no splurges and kept my portions smaller than what I was eating say two weeks ago. I am reaching for a glass of ice water when I get hungry first and then seeing what is "leftover" hunger after that.

This morning I just got back from walking the dogs, maybe walked 2 miles. Worked up a sweat and the beagles will be calmer for the rest of the day. They came home happy and panting.

My blisters are healing from our long walk on Friday evening. Thank goodness for that!!

Birdiegirl
Birdiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 04:00 PM   #135  

Hi everyone! I am pleased to let ya'll know that I didn't take the day off. Normally Sundays are a rest day for me but I decided to go for a walk anyway. I did 3 more miles. I am so proud of myself.