Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 05:01 PM   #1  

Default Sign up for October "Trick or Treat" challenge!!

Hey fellow losers!
I opened this thread for you to join in the challenge. Post here stating your goal and your reward. I've also posted about it in the "Let's support each other" thread. In a nutshell, we're doing this challenge in a "trick or treat" way. The "trick" is your goal, weight loss or not and the "treat" is the reward you'll give to yourself at the end of the challenge. So, if you don't have any problem with me being the moderator again, the rules are simple. Just pm me every week your results regarding your goal. For instance, if you have a weight loss goal, pm me the results of your WI and/or how many times you exercised. If you have any questions post them here. So, I'll sign up first.

Trick: a. 10 lbs down.
I don't think it's a realistic goal for me right now, but it will help me be motivated and reach my Christmas goal.
b. Get some exercice at least 3 times a week.

Treat: A manicure and a haircut. Oh, and a new DVD.

Last edited by sugar_cane; 09-28-2004 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:13 PM   #2  

Ok, this sounds fun. I am doing a similar challange on another board but I'll keep it the same.

Trick: Make my body believe that it loves all the water I drink, workout at least 3 days this week, and achieve the weight of 286lbs.

Treat: A new book, and a trip to the spa.

Good luck on your challange Sugar, and to the rest who accept!

~)O(~
Old 09-28-2004, 08:09 PM   #3  
Any Help would be great!

Well Ive never done anything like this! Since I started the WW yesturday this will be fun to start!

Hmm... Well for my goal I'd say! 168lbs. Thats 10lbs. Which means I'll have to start working out! :-P Not feeling to good today so I'll start out tomorrow! Hopefully! Wish me luck!

My Treat!! Just to lose 10 lbs will be a FABULOUS treat!

Good Luck to all!
Old 09-30-2004, 12:13 PM   #4  

Thanks for starting this challenge, Natalie!

Tricks:
(a) 5.6# loss (185). Why 5.6? I need to lose at least 1.4 each week to meet my bigger mini-goal of 50 by Thanksgiving! So, 5.6 for October!
(b) Exercise 5-6 days per week.

Treat:
Well, money is tight. Let me see… lunch with a friend. I always go home for lunch and eat healthy, cheap stuff. So, my treat will be lunch out with a friend.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:29 PM   #5  

Hey girls! Thanks a lot for signing up for the challenge. Well, tomorrow is October 1st, so anyone else who wants to join, better hurry! The challenge officially starts tomorrow, don't forget to pm me your weekly results and also feel free to post here about it. Ciao ladies!
Old 09-30-2004, 01:01 PM   #6  

Default lose 7 lbs.

I want to lose 7 lbs. My reward will be:

hmmmmmm, let me think...............

A new cordless mouse for the computer... yeah, big deal, but I really want one and they look nice, and I absolutely DO NOT need it.

Thanks for the challenge.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:15 PM   #7  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello All.

I'd like to join your challenge. I've put myself on a self-imposed "boot camp" for October. Nothing too extreme, but really focused.

I know some of you from this WW board and other threads.

Trick: Be down 10 pound this month.

Treat: A new pair of jeans.

Sugar Cane: PM you, and not post the weekly results, right? Just post daily stuff here and you'll post the weekly results for all of us to see, right? Cool.

Chach
Old 09-30-2004, 02:31 PM   #8  

FIrst time posting on this forum so HELLO!

Trick: lose 5 pounds
Treat: gotta stay on budget so-new book.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:41 PM   #9  

Hello - Kally!
Good to see you again - Chachee! Hope things are going well!
How's the other side of the street today - Skinny Butt?!?

Good to see people up to a challenge! This will be great!
Old 09-30-2004, 03:35 PM   #10  

Hi girls! Good to see so many new people on the board! I'm glad you all like the idea of the challenge, I hope it goes great for everyone!!!

Chachee, I won't post the weekly results for each of us, I'll post the final results when the challenge ends, in a month. You will pm me your weekly results and I'll keep track of them. You can post daily stuff here and you can also post your results if you want to, if not then just pm me.

Good luck to everyone!!!
Old 09-30-2004, 03:44 PM   #11  
Running Babe

Trick: Exercise 4-5 times a week each week

Treat: A DVD

Cheers!

Ali
Old 10-01-2004, 07:27 AM   #12  

Hello girls!
So, it's the first day of the challenge, and just thought to pop in to ask how everyone's doing. I have a good attitude towards it, after pigging out the last days. I'll have some beef with veggies for lunch, and possibly a salad for dinner. I'll do some walking in the afternoon as well. I had a gain last week so I'm really looking forward to a loss next Wednesday, the day I weigh myself. Good luck to everyone and I'm looking forward to reading your posts!!
Old 10-01-2004, 10:18 AM   #13  

Default Good morning, all

Just checking in. I exercised for 30 minutes at the Y last night. I'm doing well; my DD bought me a cappucino this morning. Eating is going well. I'm having left over WW beef pot-pie recipe for lunch, WW crockpot lasagna for dinner w/salad and pop cake for dessert. Isn't it just horrible the things we have to eat to lose weight!

Natalie-hang in there. I had a gain two weeks ago but lost it all this past week. I WI on Weds as well so I look forward to a good report for both of us!

I will be on vacation next week so not sure how often I'll get to check in but I will strive to come in at least once. I have asked my family to hold me accountable to walk at least 30 minutes brisk walk everyday that I don't have access to exercise equipment. Believe me, they'll do it, too!!

Gotta sign off for now. Have a great health day!!
Old 10-01-2004, 11:16 AM   #14  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello all.

Yay, October has started and I know it's going to be the best month ever!

Got up this morning and did 30 minutes on the treadmill, took my vitamin and ate a good breakfast.

Do you guys want to share meals on this thread? It might help me to share what I am eating, so if I don't do well I can get input from you all. I think I'll do it.

I weighed this morning and was at 220.5, so I am up a little bit. It's okay, because I've been horrible these last three weeks.

Here is the food I'm planning for today:

b: 2 eggos w/sf jelly
s: apple, wasabi peas
l: WW frozen meal
s: 2 pt bar or 2 pt bag of lite Chips Ahoys
d: salad w/chicken
s: popcorn or WW dessert

I eat a lot of small things all day long. I'm not good with big meals.

Here is to a great day/week/month!!

Chach
Old 10-01-2004, 12:19 PM   #15  

Hey girls!
Skinny butt- You're going on holiday, eh? Lucky girl!! My uni starts next week, so I'll probably be a little busier than usual, but it's ok, I'll be in here as frequently as possible. I know we all seem to gain at some point, it didn't depress me so much as I thought it would, I guess it's because I knew what went wrong. It's cool that you weigh yourself every Wednesday as well, let's hope for a great result from both of us next week!

Chachee- I don't have any problem sharing our meals here. It might give me a little inspiration as well. Here's what I had today so far:
Brekkie: 1 cup of coffee with artificial sweetener
Lunch: beef with green peas
Snack: the above mentioned coffee
Dinner: dunno yet. possibly an eggplant filled with veggies.

Not very inspirational I know, it's one of these days when I don't eat that much. I had a walk today, not much of an exercise, but better than nothing I suppose.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you girls. Keep up the good work!!!
Closed Thread