Old 09-07-2004, 12:42 PM   #16  
Living the Laguna life...

Hi guys!
I would like to join the challenge! I missed my labor day challenge by a few pounds so I want to try again! I would like to lose 8 lbs by Halloween...not much, but will be a challenge! My biggest obstacle is coming soon...I am starting my last year of college, and that means bad food and lots of alcohol! Not great for dieting! I know I can do better than I have done in the past by making wiser choices when I eat out and late at night. I rely so much on food and coffee to keep me awake late at night and even during the day...I really want to make smarter choices so that i feel better about myself! I am excited to join the challenge!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:02 PM   #17  
***MSKITTY***Kathy

Lightbulb Just What I Need

I am new to this site but think it this is just what I need and this challenge should help. My goals sound just like everyone elses but knowing I am not alone helps. My goals are to
DRINK MY 150 ounces of water a day
Lose 20 lbs by October ( believe me I have alot to lose)
Exercise 5x a week and walk to pick up my son everyday instead of drive.
mskitty898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:24 PM   #18  

Default Up for the Challenge!

Even though I'm new here I would love to get involved in the Halloween Challenge! I have been trying hard the past two weeks trying to get my butt in gear to lose some weight. I have a short term goal going right now to lose ten pounds by Sept. 30th... so tacking on another 5 pound loss for the Halloween Challenge shouldn't be that hard.. hopefully!

Some plans to help shed the pounds:
1. Keep caloric intake under/within 1500
2. Exercise atleast 20 minutes a day
3. Focus on goals
4. Keep healthy snacks on hand
5. Stay positive
6. Drink my water

By doing these I should be able to have lost a total of 15 pounds by Oct. 31st!

SW: 180
CW: 179.5
GW: 140
Short term goal: 169 by Sept. 30th... 164 by Halloween!!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck Everyone!!!!!!!!!!
Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:08 PM   #19  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Thumbs up Wow! What a great turnout!

It's great to see so many new faces!

Welcome Hollyhock, Aquareggie, Sparked, Donna, Lauren, MissMichelle, MsKitty, and Alora!

Hollyhock- goals look good, chickie! Hopefully you'll find these amazing chickies motivating- this is a great bunch of women- I can't say enough about them! Glad you are with us!

Aquareggie- what great timing, huh? We're psycho- I mean, psychic. As far as the question, yes, just answer in your posts- Elisha has some great thought-provoking questions that have helped me keep focusing on what I'm doing in this long battle against the bulge.
Welcome aboard!

Sparked- Glad you de-lurked and joined us! I'm already repeating myself, but you'll find so many amazing chickies here for support- it's like having a second "family" who understands exactly what you're going through. Great to see you here with us.

Donna- Welcome to the group! Planning...that's the hardest part, sometimes. It takes some time & effort, but that's really the only way I can take the constant thought out of this & actually get things done. Ooooh, I like your reward, too. Can never have too many pairs of shoes!

Lucy- Of course, I knew we'd have you with us.... Just kidding, cousin I did think you'd like that avatar....there was 1 other one that didn't turn out to well- jack o lantern on a picket fence with that kind of backdrop, and a lot of blue...well, I'll send you the picture if you want to mess with it. LOL. Oh, I want to see the pics with that velvet dress...roar! You go, chickie!

GoldieFun- Welcome, and good luck to you and hubby with SBD. I've heard that Phase 1 is the tough part- getting all the sugar out of your system. Please let us know if that's the case. Pick a good reward! Good to have you here with us!

Miss Michelle- Welcome! Congrats on starting your last year of college. Better choices is a great way to look at it, and now at least there's 0 carb Bacardi & other "low calorie/low carb" options as far as alcohol. 8 pounds is a good, reasonable goal- losing a pound to 1.5 pounds a week is a good rate to lose and keep it off. Glad you are with us!

MissKitty- Welcome to 3FC, first of all, and welcome to our challenge. I know I'm repeating myself, but I know you'll be surprised by the amazing ladies we have here with us- you definitely aren't alone. Goals look good- you can definitely do this!

Alora- Welcome! Your plan looks great, and definitely doable. Wonderful positive outlook, which I know I sometimes forget. Good to have you with us!

I'm sure Julie & Jaymi will be here later today...missed you chickies while I was doing Hurricane Frances poop. I'll catch up with you two later on!

It's a very dull day here at work- our processing center is still without power, so they are closed, and I can't get anything done...so killing time, and trying to catch up here!

If I miss anyone, it isn't intentional- just trying to read each post & take notes & still read my own writing. Hope everyone is having a great afternoon!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:39 PM   #20  

Default May be a stupid question, but . . .

. . what do we do now. I had never joined a challenge before. Do we just work on meeting our goals and check in weekly? bi weekly? or those who feel they need it daily???? Thanks for any input!!
sparked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:54 PM   #21  
"workin' on my fitness"

Not a stupid question at all, sparked. The majority of us tend to post our food & exercise for the day, and then we chit-chat. Share recipes, suggestions, whine, complain, and basically, just lean on each other for support. We have the question of the day from Elisha, some motivational quotes, many of us get newsletters that we share the links to, or excerpts from articles that the group might find interesting.

If you have a specific weigh-in day, or anything, you can post your progress as things change- basically, by the end of the first week, you'll swear you have 20 sisters that you want to shoot the breeze with. Some days are busier than others, but most of the chickies who have done the other challenges check in daily, or a few times a week, depending on their schedules. Basically, there's no wrong way to do this, which is why it's such a great place to be. (just one chickie's opinion, anyway )
Old 09-07-2004, 04:00 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 207.8/203.2/115

Height: 5'3.5"

Wink me too, please

Hello all! I am new and VERY interested in the challenge. Lord knows I need all the help I can get right now. MY goals are:
1. Drink more water.
2. Run/walk at least 3 times a week.
3. EAT ON PLAN!!

The avatars are awesome!!
Im hoping to lose 10 pounds on the challenge.

HW 242/ CW 185.3/ GW 125
schellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 04:07 PM   #23  
LucyKitty

Jenn - Sure, send the pic!! I thought about doing some funky cute li'l avatars as well, but I've got so little time. I didn't want to make any promises I couldn't keep, ye know?

I have another goal to post, by the by. I am going to make it a personal goal to do one thing a day to make myself happy. Whether that's taking an extra long shower, reading for 20 minutes to chill out, whatever... I need to do that for myself.

And since i didn't post it before...

Starting weight: 255
Current weight: 172.4
Goal weight: 140-ish (or a size 9/11)

And my goal clothing: to look GOOD (not just be able to zip them up) in my leopard print tank top (which is a li'l cropped) and my 32x30 jeans. When I get there, all is well in Denmark again, my dears.

I really can't believe I've only got about 20-ish lbs to go. I weighed myself in at 172 today after being up for awhile, not when I just woke up, so not accurate. My lowest over the past 3 weeks has been about 165ish, which is awesome. If I can hop down to 155-160 by the end of this challenge, I'll be ecstatic!!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 04:52 PM   #24  
"workin' on my fitness"

Schellie- Welcome to 3FC, and welcome to the challenge! Congrats on the loss so far- great job! 10 pounds should be doable, for sure! Glad to have you on board with us!

Lucy, I sent you the pics- let me know if the PM works like that, and if not, well, I can email them for you. Heck, you are kicking such butt with your progress- I am so proud of you!
Old 09-07-2004, 07:11 PM   #25  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up Wow!!!!!

Well it is great to see so many join us for this challenge, and of course...I'm here too!!! You don't think I wouldn't be did you??? Of course NOT!!! LOL~!
Here's to hoping all of you will stick around til the end of October! We have such a great time and it's so much more fun when everyone chimes in with their ideas, motivation, etc.!!!

First things first: Jen...thank you so much for setting this up...and I second Lisa! You are awesome and we love you soooo much for doing this every challenge, especially in light of the bad weather you are having down there! You motivate me so much! Thank you for being here!

Next...Lucy...I'm sorry to say that I don't think it was me who gave you the chicken/rice recipe...did I? was it the one with spaghetti sauce, chicken and rice? I wish I could take credit for it, but I think Lisa put that one out there!!! But hey...I'm willing to give out some recipes that I found...later!

Now...Daily Question: What healthy thing do you do that helps you the most?
I would have to say exercise (can it be two things?) and eating veggies every day!!!

OK...for the goals! <Sigh> I would like to think that this is going to be different from other challenges, but hmmm....maybe just a little!

Challenge Goal:
I do so really, really want to get into the 150's (like at least 159), so I'm making that my goal (currently at 170...up about a lb from the beginning of the challenge...<sigh>!), so I have 10 lbs which is really doable!!! I am going for 165 by the end of September! That's only 5 lbs per month, now c'mon Julie...you can do that!!!

Long/Short term Goal (whatevah!):
To be in size 12 by Christmas so I can wear a really cute Christmas Dress! I've never worn a size 12 in my whole adult life...and I'm old!! LOL!

Plan:
Really focus on food these next few weeks...get into a routine of planning, prepping and preparing my meals...ahead of time! This is key for my weight loss! I already have the next two weeks of meals all planned out, when to prepare them, etc! (Jennifer, you'd be so proud of me!)

Exercise 5 times weekly...kicking it up to 45 minutes 3 of those times weekly! Adding 3 days of toning (starting small here) and including Tai Chi. I don't know how I am going to find time to do all of this, but I really, really need to kick up the exercise! Today I walked on my lunch break and then again when I got home...probably about 2 miles in all!

Drink 80 oz. water or more daily! That seems pretty simple!

And finally...sticking with it and if I should falter, get right back up again and keep going! That's how winners succeed! They don't lay there after they've fallen, they get back up and keep on going! I will need to be reminded of this from time to time when I am having a series of "bad days"! Please...all of you...keep me accountable...and I will try to do the same for you!!!

I'm excited to get started. Today I weighed in at exactly 170! 159, here I come!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 07:14 PM   #26  
"workin' on my fitness"

Ok, just peeking in for the night. Dinner was not the best- the last of the hot dogs (I know, ewwww) that we had during the hurricane. Bleah. At least they are gone, and now tomorrow morning, I can drag my butt out of bed & do at least 1 mile WATP before work. Breakfast is easy- got my cereal already bagged, and my Zone bar, and for lunch, I just need to dig out one of the frozen baggies & decide whether chili or pasta sounds good for tomorrow.

Time to curl up & work on my exercise calendar for the next 8 weeks, to make sure I get things in. I am thinking that 50 miles of WATP and 100 miles on the stationary bike should be attainable goals for the 8 weeks. And definitely give me numbers to work towards.

Oh- I went looking for the special braiding I needed for my cross stitch project at lunch, and the shop near my office doesn't even carry it any more. Hmmmph! What a colossal pain in the tush!

Have a great night, chickies! See everyone in the morning!
Old 09-07-2004, 07:18 PM   #27  
"workin' on my fitness"

Oh, and Julie- I AM proud of you, chickie!
Old 09-07-2004, 07:32 PM   #28  

Great idea! I need some motivation to lose my preggo pounds! I also want to maintain healthier eating habits b/c I am BFing and an exercise regimen so I can maintain my sanity!
GL to all!
drazen04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 07:38 PM   #29  
"workin' on my fitness"

Welcome, Drazen! Congrats on the new addition to your family! Glad you found us- make yourself at home! Where in PA are you from? I grew up in Bartonsville / Stroudsburg and moved to FL about 12 years ago!
Old 09-07-2004, 09:05 PM   #30  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_elisha
Howdy chicks!

I'm all geared up and ready to go for this challenge! I'm all set to make this my greatest month ever in weight loss history! Who's with me?
~Elisha
Me, Me!...Oh pick me!!!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote