Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 11:19 AM   #91  
Meanderer

L&L's Mom - I admire your loyalty to the vegetarian lifestyle! I admit that if I could eat potato chips or even potatoes, rice, pasta, etc without gaining weight, I might be more inclined to give up meat completely.

Days Left in My Current Challenge: 27
Days On Plan: 62
Yesterday's Exercise:
Miles: 3.67
AUG Miles: 19.2

Last edited by KStrong; 11-15-2021 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-06-2021, 12:30 PM   #92  
Meanderer

VICKIE LOU! I just saw your updated weigh ins. You are doing fantastic!

Last edited by KStrong; 08-18-2021 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-07-2021, 09:38 AM   #93  
Meanderer

Have a great weekend!

Days Left in My Current Challenge: 26
Days On Plan: 63
Yesterday's Exercise:
Miles: 5.87
Strength
AUG Miles: 25

Old 08-08-2021, 11:12 AM   #94  
Meanderer

Days Left in My Current Challenge: 25
Days On Plan: 64
Yesterday's Exercise:
Miles: 3.15
AUG Miles: 28.1

Old 08-09-2021, 08:40 AM   #95  
Meanderer

Have a great week!

Days Left in My Current Challenge: 24
Days On Plan: 65
Yesterday's Exercise:
Miles: 5.34
Strength
AUG Miles: 33.5

Last edited by KStrong; 08-22-2021 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-09-2021, 05:25 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 166/118.2/115-118

Height: 5'4.5"

L&L's mom and KStrong: I read your posts over the last week and wanted to comment on the gluten-free issue. I stopped eating anything with gluten in it about 3 or 4 years ago and have noticed that I don't get bloated very often anymore. I believe this is directly related to gluten because when I do have something with gluten in it, I get really bloated.L&L's mom - Congrats on going total vegetarian. I stopped eating all meat with the exception of chicken about 30 years ago. I would like to stop eating chicken as well because of how the chickens are treated. I saw a part of a video on how chickens were treated but couldn't watch the whole video because it was so awful.

KStrong: You mentioned you were thinking of doing a holiday challenge after you finish your Labour Day challenge. I would be interested in doing a challenge with you - how about a Canadian Thanksgiving day challenge (OCT 11) and then an American Thanksgiving Day challenge (Nov 25)? I find it helpful to try and meet small goals along the way to the bigger goal.

My week: I've added in some stationary cycling to my exercise plan over the past week. I do a lot of intervals on the bike which I find helps with my weightloss. I was down 2.4 lbs this week. I would like to start adding in weights this week.
Old 08-10-2021, 10:22 AM   #97  
Meanderer

Flower - Outstanding job on the exercise and way to go on the nice loss this week! Good for you adding in the weights also. You have the extra advantage of not letting your weight get near as high as I did so you will probably see changes really fast. I wish I could be looking in your mirror when that happens!

I'm definitely in with whatever challenge length you'd like to do. I like the idea of the shorter ones as this three month one has been exhausting, but it has kept me from going completely off the rails and believe me, I've come close more than once.

Days Left in My Current Challenge: 23
Days On Plan: 66
Yesterday's Exercise:
Miles: 3
AUG Miles: 36.4

Last edited by KStrong; 08-22-2021 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:35 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 264/187.2/160

Height: 5'8

flower1 You not eating meat except for chicken has to be much better for your health. White meat vs red meat. We know it's lower in cholesterol, fat etc...My sister is also a vegetarian except she eats fish here and there. My mom wonders where she went wrong with basically two vegetarian daughters and vegan grand daughter. LOL It looks like you are basically at your weight loss goal now, is that right?

KStrong Try not to let the scale get you down. Keep them calories at 1600 or whatever your calorie level is especially since you are doing all that exercise! You have done so great!
Old 08-11-2021, 07:20 AM   #99  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Thank You, KStrong! You should be out of the 160's soon. All the exercise will help. Unfortunately, I lost my ate and I found out of 08/05/21 that I have Stage 4 Cancer. That's whats causing the weight loss. Good Luck, Everyone!

Old 08-11-2021, 10:10 AM   #100  
Meanderer

Vickie Lou - I'm so sorry to hear that! I have no idea what to say but I know the treatments are getting so advanced these days that I'm wishing you the best outcome and am very hopeful for you. My father had no chance in the 90's, but today he would still be alive. We've come so far in the medical field in the last 20 years. You will be in my thoughts.

Last edited by KStrong; 08-11-2021 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-11-2021, 10:20 AM   #101  
Meanderer

Thanks L&L's Mom!
I did want to ask you as a vegan/vegetarian, do y'all try to go organic or is that no longer a thing?

It is expensive to eat healthy!

Days Left in My Current Challenge: 22
Days On Plan: 67
Yesterday's Exercise:
Miles: 4.52
Strength
AUG Miles: 40.9

Last edited by KStrong; 08-22-2021 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-13-2021, 12:55 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 264/187.2/160

Height: 5'8

KStrong With organic foods, we had read up on it and saw something called the "dirty dozen" (fruits and veggies that have the most contamination from pesticides) based on studies done on this. Strawberries are the number one "worst" as in they have the most pesticides I am assuming since they are so soft vs other fruits. My daughter loves strawberries in smoothies and she eats LOTS of them so we get them organic fresh and frozen when we can. My favorite is tomatoes as in tomato sandwiches so I get those organic. I do see some vegetarians and vegans on vegan pages and some do organic and some don't. I guess it's personal choice and also a $$ choice for many. Have you tried vegan mayo? The Hellman's brand and Just Mayo to me tastes just like real Kraft mayo. I never thought of organic mayo though honestly.
VickieLou I am so sorry to see your cancer diagnosis! I will keep you in my prayers. Have your doctors recommended nutritional guidance? I remember seeing a documentary called Crazy Sexy Caner. She was stage four cancer years ago and is still here and teaching others about living with cancer, improving diet as in lots of fruits and veggies among other things. I hope you check her out online.
Old 08-13-2021, 10:08 AM   #103  
Meanderer

L&L's Mom - Thanks for the info.

Days Left in My Current Challenge: 20
Days On Plan: 69
Yesterday's Exercise:
Miles: 2.89
Strength
AUG Miles: 47

Last edited by KStrong; 08-22-2021 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-15-2021, 07:04 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 166/118.2/115-118

Height: 5'4.5"

My week: I lost 1.4 lbs this week and made it to my first goal of 130 lbs. I've set a new goal to make it to 125 lbs so I've got another 5 lbs to go. I haven't been able to get much exercise in for the past 4 days due to the smoke from the forest fires and the heat. We have an air quality warning due to the smoke and I've noticed I've been coughing quite a bit. I have a mild case of asthma so I think the smoke is bothering me. It has gotten much better today so I may go for a hike later. I haven't been as strict with what I've been eating lately. I'm not eating anything with sugar but I've been eating too many nuts lately. I usually eat raw almonds, cashews, raw pumpkin seeds, etc but the amount has increased too much and I'm also eating them too often now.

L&L's mom and KStrong: I read your discussions about organic. Sometimes I will buy organic if it is on sale but for the most part I don't. However, often I will buy organic raw nuts. The pumpkin seeds I buy are always raw organic. I don't buy roasted nuts because I'm never sure how they're roasted and how much oil is used. I eat a lot of salad and always make my own salad dressing with extra-virgin olive oil, organic apple cider vinegar, lemon plus I add in some spices. I also try to buy local Canadian produce when I can because I know our laws about the use of pesticides are a bit stricter than some of the other countries.

Have a great week.
Old 08-18-2021, 10:39 AM   #105  
Meanderer

My post from Monday 8/16/21 disappeared after the site had issues. I thought at first that that was the end of 3FC and I've been around since the beginning (with a different user name that I can't remember) so well over 20 years? Anyway, that did make me sad to possibly see it go although it isn't as active as it once was.

I have no idea what I said but I know I at least congratulated Flower on the weekly loss and commented about how great I bet she looks.
Great job, Flower!
I hope your asthma is better today!

I'm also thinking about ending my challenge early. I had a good run, but was not thrilled that I didn't get further into new numbers after being so good for almost three full months.

Days Left in My Current Challenge: 15
Days On Plan: 74
AUG Miles: 70.2

Last edited by KStrong; 08-22-2021 at 01:14 PM.
Closed Thread