Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 09:32 AM   #151  
Meanderer

L&L's Mom! Awesome job!
Old 10-11-2021, 06:00 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Aww. thank you KStrong! I managed to get in a LOT of yard work yesterday and my calories were good so it went down another .4 in one day! (200.2) Once again, it's hard to believe this number being so close to what I hoped to get to this year.
Old 10-11-2021, 11:23 AM   #153  
Meanderer

L&L's Mom - I know how excited you are with the upcoming milestone. I hope you are at least measuring your hips and waist. I've lost 10 inches in my waist since I was around 200 and it has not aligned with the scale numbers on the way down. It is a good backup reminder when the scale isnt behaving. I'm still about 2 pounds away from last months lowest weight but my measurements are back to their lowest which of course means my tightest jeans are comfy.
Great about the exercise! I'm still just doing the minimum and focusing more on increasing my upper and core strength. I hope as the temps cool this week I'll get motivated to walk more outside.

Last edited by KStrong; 10-11-2021 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:10 AM   #154  

KStrong Thanks so much! And that is some great info about your measurements. At first I thought you've lost 10 inches from your waist since being 200? Wow! How can that be?? Then I thought about it...That makes sense. My waist is definitely my problem area. I am more of an apple than a pear shape. I have been watching the measurements and that does help. It's funny how my hips are seeming to lose more than my waist but eventually it will catch up. I have had to donate some jeans where the waist fits ok but the hips and legs look way too big. It's funny how weight loss works sometimes.

Nothing new to report with the scale, but I have learned that is to be expected. It seems I can lose and then maintain that a bit and then lose more maintain a bit. It's much better than the roller coaster some months.
Old 10-12-2021, 01:48 PM   #155  
Meanderer

L&L's Mom - You have remarkable patience along with your lovely attitude. I know that your scale is going to surprise you any day now and you will see that 1XX.X.

I've lost over 20 inches in my waist!!! And I wonder why my skin isn't thrilled about this at the young age of 50-something.

Last edited by KStrong; 11-15-2021 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-14-2021, 07:44 AM   #156  

KStrong I am so glad you kept your measurements from the beginning. Losing over 20 inches in your waist is incredible!! I am sure your heart thanks you. They say women with a waist over 35 inches have increased risk of high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes, etc...

I guess my roller coaster is back. I was down to 200.2 and the next day up to 202.8? Ugg!! Today 202.2. I know it's the more salty foods I've had lately which causes water retention. I know the calories were OK and I had more activity even, so I know it will go down soon enough.
Old 10-14-2021, 08:00 AM   #157  
Meanderer

L&L's Mom, I bet you'll get a water whoosh any second. I have always remarked on how different I felt at 199.8 compared to 200.2. This is bizarre thinking that 4/10ths of a pound makes so much difference because when it comes to BMI (depending on height etc) it may be exactly the same. Case in point. After being super strict all week, I'm still half a pound from my low last month when my BMI was 25.9 but my scale told me that I am back to 25.9 today. I hate to admit it but that made me feel so much better about my extra hard work this week.

We rock!
Old 10-14-2021, 03:04 PM   #158  
Chick On A Mission

S/C/G: 228.2/ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganandlivsmom View Post
Welcome Denise! Actually, you said you are returning so welcome back! Me too girl! In the past year I have lost 62 pounds which is a mini miracle and I seriously think part of it is the "therapy" of coming here and writing how you are doing (good and bad) and encouraging others, etc... When I was younger I have lost 50 pounds (several times over) in 6 months but then a year or so later it would almost be back. Hopefully it's getting into my hard head I have to do what I did to lose the weight to maintain it!
​​​​​
Thank you for the welcome back girl... 😁 I most definitely can agree that coming here to check-in most definitely made me hold myself accountable on my journey. That's why I'm back now lol. Me knowing I have to check in daily/weekly really helps encourage me to get to business. And you and me both on programming it in my head this time to keep the weight off and for good!! 🤣 I went from 226 to 180 in 5 months just to gain it all back plus a few extra lol.🤦‍♀️

KStrong - Thank you for the warm welcome hun..🙂
Old 10-16-2021, 07:08 AM   #159  

Denise I think accountable is a great way to say it...coming here makes me more accountable for sure. I still post the good and bad to be real. If all we posted was "I lost a pound" each week that would be great but not real. LOL Some weeks you can do everything right calorie wise and still stay the same. The next you could be doing OK but soma days too many calories and still manage to lose depending on how much activity you had, sodium, fiber, etc...Looking forward to seeing your progress over time.

KStrong I get what you are saying about stats. Its funny how that does help, like we are getting a gold star in school. LOL And yes, we do rock!!

I am on a mini roller coaster still. I have been eating more variety and pre prepared convenience foods which are fun but sodium filled. I guess sometimes we need that variety even if it does play with the scale. I was back to 200.2 and today it was 200.8. I have sort of accepted it, this is what happens when you have the extra sodium lower fiber etc...Onward and downward!
Old 10-19-2021, 06:17 AM   #160  

Guess who weighs less than 200 pounds for the first time in 30 years? .......Me!
This is still sort of hard to believe---wrap my head around. I really had to think how long has it been? In 1991 I weighed 200 on my wedding day to my first husband. We were married for 10 years and the weight was up and down but mostly up. Right before we separated I was 310. For most of my adult life I have been in the 250 range. I weighed 250 when I got pregnant with both Logan and then Olivia 9 years later (with my second husband). So when I say 30 years, it's legit 30 years!!
I joined this thread in February imagining it would be awesome to see 199 by 12/31 and today I was 196.8!

Last edited by loganandlivsmom; 11-02-2021 at 06:48 AM.
Old 10-19-2021, 09:13 AM   #161  
Meanderer

L&L's Mom - I'm so happy for you hitting that milestone and also getting a nice whoosh, too! That is wonderful. You've worked hard and it has paid off! Seeing this made me less sad about my scale report.

My scale has not been as nice, but since my daily calories have averaged 1223 for the month of October, I know I haven't gained any real weight.

Last edited by KStrong; 11-15-2021 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:10 PM   #162  

KStrong Thank you, that was so sweet about it making you less sad about your scale report. When I saw your average calories were 1200 this month I was surprised. Isn't that too low? I always heard that was like starvation calories but I know everyone is different. As for the holidays I bet you will do great. I think the key seems to be planning ahead and not arriving at a party hungry. Easier said than done though, I know.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:41 AM   #163  
Meanderer

I'm not sure if it is the site or my computer, but I've already lost two long posts. Weird. I'm going to try the copy/paste method to see if I can post something that doesn't disappear.

L&L's Mom - I do great with the holiday gatherings because I'm on my best behavior when I'm around others. It is the junk they make you trip over walking into the stores that get me AND the commercials at night.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by KStrong; 11-15-2021 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-23-2021, 07:01 AM   #164  

KStrong I have had issues with this website over and over again. I can be logged in make a long post and it says you must be logged in?? Ugg I do the copy and paste just in case. It does sound (like you said) you have a mystery with your body. I know you will keep plugging away and eventually your bod will cooperate. Hang in there!

My weight is still under 200,,,I had gotten to 196.8 but as usual depending on what I eat and the sodium and or fiber, etc... it goes up a pound or two and then back down. I am learning this is normal for me. Today it was 198.6. I met my 2021 goal I said in February of 199. My new goal for 12/31 is 195. 196 for me is the highest overweight weight vs obese. I will say 195 to be below that by one whole pound. LOL
Old 10-26-2021, 09:37 AM   #165  
Meanderer

L&L' Mom - I think there is a new timing issue on posts possibly. I notice if I start composing in the reply window and stall on finishing it, the page refreshes and the post disappears even if it says it is "auto-saving". I just lost another one, but I had typed only the one sentence: Good for you staying below 2xx. I like you new goals and doing the lower than "obese range" weight is a good idea. I know as we age, we tend to lose some of our height.

Last edited by KStrong; 11-15-2021 at 08:31 AM.
Closed Thread