Old 01-25-2018, 08:01 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 176.2/156.8/130

Height: 5'4"

everyone - kudos to everyone for weighing in each week - lots of progress is being made
munchey - thanks for the chart - great job on your loss this week
Ange - you are doing awesome! congrats - thanks for the encouragement
sum38 - you crushed it this week!
grannynancy - nice loss this week

It's quite dark and dreary and rained all day - I'm pushing myself out the door to go for a walk.
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 04:54 PM   #107  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

I had a whoosh this morning! Probably just dehydration, but nice to see. No doubt I'll be back up again for weigh-in day tomorrow though......
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:19 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

NO FAIR! you don't get whooshes when you are losing so well. <<Just kidding>>
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:40 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

I'm down 1.2 today. I've been reading food labels again. I was using a coconut cream in my coffee that had some cane sugar in it. I'm trying to meticulously avoid cane sugar. I had to make my own baking powder because I found out most baking powders have cornstarch in them, and I'm avoiding any food product with corn in it. Also found out the power bars I was eating have corn in them. I was eating too much of these things and I developed a skin rash. Sometimes I wish I could just eat anything and not have to pay attention. No matter what, dieting is not easy. One always has to be paying attention. This is for me. This is for my health.

Have a great day everybody!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:44 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

magistra - if it is processed it is pretty much a guarantee to have corn in it I am afraid. Congrats on the drop!
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:53 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

grannynancy processed = corn. You are absolutely correct! I will not forget it.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:43 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

HEY EVERYONE:

I hope everyone has a good weigh-in!

I'm still struggling with my food intake and my case of "The Munchies". I did okay with my physical activity this week, but I don't think I was able to create a deficit between the exercise and food.

Thanks to everyone who shared food strategies/recipes! I've seen a lot of hype in 2018 about "Air Fryers". It seems like someone sent out a memo to put it on a list of things in the news for 2018, lol. Anyone try this appliance and want to share your experience?

Ange82much:

You can adjust your personal weigh-in day, if you want. The chart will always denote a Sunday, but as long as you are consistent, you can use a different day that works for you (i.e. perhaps Saturday morning or Friday). The chart is usually available for an early weight entry (chart is usually up by Friday), or late weight entry (by end of the day on Monday).

I'm still struggling with a case of "the munchies", but I haven't given up.

BlondieCJ:

Thanks for sharing your chicken recipe. It's a good strategy to make extra, for other meals. My version of "fast food" has been stopping by a Sam's Club or Costco and getting rotissery chicken. I, also, like to cook chicken breasts on the barbecue, with offset heat. (makes it similar to roasting in the oven).

Curvynotlumpy:

I hope your soup turned out well. I love soup. I might make some this weekend. Likely, a family version of borchst (beet soup). This version is more of a vegetable soup with beets, as opposed to beet soup).

Flower1:
Hang in there. I can identify with struggling to stay on plan. You aren't alone with that.

Grannynancy:
You are so right in saying. "For those younger and working on weight loss - Get It Off Now". I have to keep reminding myself that it will never be easier than "now". We all have different "nows", but for most, it get's harder as we age, our metabolisms slow down and we can exercising isn't as easy as it once was.

Heidi58:
I entered 161.8 on the chart, in case you can't make it back to post an update for the 1-28-18 weigh-in. You can replace the entry with a more current weight, if you are able to come back by the 29th and overwrite the entry. It's okay to post your weight on a Monday, if needed. I wait until Tuesday morning to copy the stats for posting.

I'm sorry you've had eye problems. I hope the condition is improving and that the weather is better. You husband sounds like a gem.

Magistra17:
Congrats on being down 1.2 lbs today! Reading lables is a good practice and it can sometimes surprise us. It can be a challenge to find healthy coffee creamers. I used to order a product called "Nutpods", dairy-free creamer, from Amazon. It doesn't have any sugars, mainly coconut cream and almonds.

Sum38:
Good job with staying on your food plan. That seems to be the central focus for success. For the long run, It's hard for most of us to counteract overeating, unless you are an athlete. (although exercise can offset it periodically).

Walking in the woods sounds like great exercise and a nice escape. My German Shepherd will turn 11 in a few months. I have to limit my walks with her, as well. Someimes, when I go to the park, I see people with their dogs in strollers or wagons. Where there is a will, you can find a way. Now if I could just train the dog to pull me in a wagon, lol.

Tefrey:
Congrats on getting below 200!

Last edited by munchey; 01-27-2018 at 12:44 PM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 04:18 PM   #113  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

my whoosh stayed off for a second day, so i'll own it Really pleased to have got through this week with a heap of social events and a) stayed nicely under 1000cal each day b)not been hungry c) still super motivated d) continued to lose e) been for 2 bike-rides. Bring on Week 4.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 01:27 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 92/88/60 (Kgs that is)

Height: 1.65

I'm a bit behind on the new year new me thing. Is it too late to join?
Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:01 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

I would like to join this also, hope it's not too late. I have been exercising lately and get my eating under control but sure could use some motivation.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:25 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

Weight remained the same at 209 this week but it's not a total surprise as I'm expecting TOM sometime this week. I have to admit that I slacked on my physical activity this week but eating was pretty much on target as was my water intake.

stlrsgrl43: Never too late! to you and Nanu.

munchey: The soup turned out delicious and was my lunch for most of last week. Thanks for asking! I have a friend who makes a creamy beet soup in the summer and it so refreshing. I hope your peusdo borscht turns out well and yummy!

ange82much: Yes, girl, own those swishes! You earned them and they seem permanent.

magistra17: I admire your tenacity in food labels and making hard decisions. It's not easy but is/will pay off in the long run.

grannynancy and munchey: Great advice regarding weight loss--"get it off NOW" and that "we all have a different nows." I've found that there is never a "perfect" time but there doesn't need to be.

Sum38: Knocking it out of the park, Sum!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 01-28-2018 at 03:24 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:44 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Should I add my weight to the spreadsheet today since it's Sunday?
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 03:09 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 176.2/156.8/130

I was pleased with my week overall - down 1.2.

grannynancy - congrats on getting into Onederland! - awesome week
chubb - congrats it looks like you and grannynancy are the biggest losers so far this week
munchey - thanks for that squash recipe from the week before - I'm going to give it a try

Last edited by flower1; 01-28-2018 at 03:10 PM.
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 03:27 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrsgrl43 View Post
Should I add my weight to the spreadsheet today since it's Sunday?
That sounds reasonable. You could also add a note that you're a new start. Munchey can let you know definitively as she designed and updates the chart each week.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 03:42 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

HEY NEW MEMBERS!
Late entries are fine. The only requirements are as follows:

1. That you can commit to finish the challenge

2. That you are willing to participate in the thread, by posting once a week. You aren't required to make personal responses to everyone, just share a couple of lines about how your week is going. Understandably, we are all going to have a bad week and may miss posting occasionally.

3. If you haven't already, please read the first post in this thread for the basic details of the challenge.

NANU
Welcome! We'd love to have you join. Just post in this thread with your weight for today and your goal weight for 4-1-18. Next week, you can enter your weight directly on the Weekly Weigh-In Sheet.

Stlrsgrl43
Welcome! It would be great to have you join in! Good to hear that you are exercising and getting your food under control. A little buddy support can sure help with motivation.

Just post in this thread with today's weight and your goal weight for 4-1-18. I'll get you set up on the charts today. Then, next week, you can enter your weight on the Weekly Weigh-In Sheet on your own.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote