Old 02-26-2018, 05:26 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

Height: 5'4"

I was down .6 this week but was hoping for more but a tiny loss is a loss so I'll take it. I had popcorn the night before our weigh in so I might be retaining a bit of water from the sodium in the popcorn. I'll stay on course and see if next week is a bit better.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Have a good week.
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:31 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

friends!

grannynancy, you're giving me a run for my money in the jacked up, repaired ankle world. We have a lot of the same issues. My weight toggles between 208-210 right now, but I'm able to run on it once I get to around 170. Doctors have been amazed that I can do so much on it. I bet yours are too! I had never heard of gabapentin so I'll ask my doctor about it. And I wish I had as much good fortune with Birkenstocks as everyone else seems to have but they are not a good shoe for me. I do like Clarks, though.

Munchey: Sending , hugs and well wishes to you. Yes, please check in if you are able.

flower1: I'm with you; any loss is a good loss.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:34 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

The weekly stats, for 2-25-18, appear on the chart below.

Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments! BlondieCJ took the challenge lead this week. BlondieCJ, also, took the weekly lead with a loss of 7 lbs. Heidi58 was the second biggest loser this week with 4.9 lbs. Thanks to everyone who is still participating. I hope everyone has a great week!

PLEASE NOTE: If you did not provide a weight entry for this week, you won't appear on the chart. If you provide a weight entry next week, you will appear on that chart. A red weight/lb entry indicates one of the following: Participant did not provide a weight entry for that weigh-in, or participant provided a weight after Monday.

Last edited by munchey; 02-27-2018 at 11:41 PM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:07 AM   #229  

Hey Everyone:
I'm hanging in there. I got to the both the gym once so far this week and some walking in on Monday at the Horseback Riding Center. I took a rest day today. I hope to get in some walking mileage in tomorrow, with another visit to the Riding Center.

Gosh, I'm starting to sound like/feel like my 2002 truck. Things are wearing out, breaking down and doing weird things, lol. I guess my 11 year old dog and I are matched at this point as well - both limping along, LOL

It's been windy here and allergies have been flaring up a bit. (lots of sneezing and itchy eyes) Antihistamines are helping. I gotten used to using toilet paper instead of tissue. I think I just need to wear a roll as a bracelet.

I'm still having some issues with vertigo. I've collected some specific head exercises that I'm going to try. I'm, also, hoping that the antihistamines might help as well.

I hope everyone has a good week!

Ange82much:
Congrats on staying on course. You continue to be consistent and that leads to success - Good Job!

BlondieCJ:
I'm so sorry you have been sick. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Curvynotlumpy;
Wow 7 miles! I'm sorry you have a bad ankle to contend with. I broke an ankle several years ago, but thankfully I didn't require surgery and hardware. With me, my general challenge is with arthritis, and in particular one knee with advanced arthrits and meniscus problem. I can identify with your situation, in that you don't easily recover from high-mileage days. I think cold weather can sometimes make things worse. It can be a challenge to find the "sweet spot" for activity (between too much and not enough).

GrannyNancy:
Hang in there! I agree with you, this is hard work for many of us. The older we get, the more of a challenge we can have (especially if you have arthritis, old injuries or joint issuesto deal with.). I've almost forgotten what it was like to NOT have some form of aches and pains on a daily basis.

Heidi51:
Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a tough week. Hope you were able to get in some birthday celebration. I hope you sister is doing better and gets out of the hospital soon.

MorningGlory1950:
Hang in there. Early bloodwork sounds like a good idea. Perhaps some fine tuning of meds is in order.

Stlrsgrl43:
Good job with reaching 10,000 steps each day! Jeans that are looser is, also, good news.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:22 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Munchey - glad you are back and thanks for updating our numbers for us. I hope things sort themselves out. Yes this getting older thing is bringing all kinds of unpleasant surprises .
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:59 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Munchey, welcome back, that list just keeps getting smaller and smaller.

No weight loss last week, hoping for a whoosh this week.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:14 AM   #232  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

blondieCJ
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:37 AM   #233  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

I had a crazy busy very stressful week last week and forgot to post my weight, but it has been the same for a couple of weeks anyway. I have a small .2 loss this week, so yay! I'm just glad when the scale moves in the right direction even if it's just a little tiny bit. It brightens my day!

I hope everybody is doing well. March is here! Wow, that's hard to believe. Two months of the new year have already gone by. But I'm excited for the upcoming spring and the long days of summer. At least my work will slow down this month and that's a blessing.

Have a great day everybody!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:16 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 176.2/154.2/130

I had a whoosh this week and I'm down 2.2 lbs. This is the most I've lost in a week since the challenge began. Normally my losses have been between .2 and 1.6 lbs. so this week's loss was nice to see.

munchey - I agree that getting older can be hard on the body. I have arthritis and had to have a hip replacement a couple of years ago. My surgeon told me that one pound of extra weight adds about 4 lbs of extra stress on your joints. I'm not sure how they come to this number but it gave me extra incentive to lose weight. I've lost about 38 lbs since my surgery and I notice that I have less pain in my other hip now. I may have to have the other hip replaced too but I'm hoping that by losing and keeping the weight off I might not have to have the other hip done.
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:21 PM   #235  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

I had lost more this week, but have gone up again and am still paying for my big night out on Friday seemingly!! Ah well, it was my first splurge since I started dieting, and it was planned in advance with friends from interstate visiting. Had a good night so all worth it.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:11 AM   #236  

Down 2.4 lbs this week, looks like I am only losing every other week but it's not a gain so I am pleased. I got a Samsung galaxy gear yesterday to replace my fitbit as the fitbit wasn't counting steps while pushing a cart, we will see how the Samsung does in that category. I have them both on right now and the difference is a lot. My fitbit says 2,480 steps so far today and the Samsung says 754. Guess I will get on the treadmill later and see witch one is more accurate.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:18 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I had a little whoosh this week and am down to 207.5.

munchey: Glad and relieved to see you posting again and feeling better. Are the head exercises something your doctor pointed you toward or a result of your own research? At any rate, be careful as you continue to recover.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:09 PM   #238  

Hey Everyone:
Well my week started with a bang and then fizzled out. On Monday, I got to the gym and worked out on a bike and a rowing machine. Then, I put in some mileage at the riding center. I got back to the riding center on Wed. and got in some mileage, but ended up with a dead battery when I went to leave. Thank goodness for a flashlight and my little portable power bank to get me jump started. I've gotten my money out of the little power bank, but I'd rather be using it to charge up a cell phone or an Ipad, LOL

So, I didn't get back to the gym for the rest of the week. The good new is that I was able to get a new battery installed today, so I hope to have reliable transportation this week (unless something else breaks). I guess the alternator that failed a couple of weeks ago did some damage to the battery that caused it to fail prematurely.

No wt. loss for me this week. New opportunities ahead. Next Sunday, we go to Daylight Saving Time. There is more light ahead, yeah!

Ange82much:
Good for you for having a fun night out and allowing yourself a splurge. Got to have one of those occasionally. We all need practice, with getting accustom to getting back on track after a splurge.

Curvynotlumpy:
Congrats on your loss this week - Good Job!

I found the exercises on the Internet. from reputable medical websites.

Flower1:
You had a banner week! Contrats on your loss!

You are right, less weight is easier on the joints. Arthritis can originate from your genetics. I guess most of us have something genetically to manage. Where we may have arthritis, others my have a predispositon for cancer or heart disease.

GrannyNancy:
I'm hoping they get more advanced with stem cells. Maybe in a few years, we can turn back the aging process. I'd love to be able to restore a knee in a more natural way than installing hardware, LOL

Magistra17:
Good to hear from you and learn that the scale moved down for you! I'm happy that Spring is around the corner, as it's my favorite time of year. I love to visit a nursery and see all the colorful flowers in bloom.

Stlrsgrl43:
Congrats on your loss this week! Hey, if the scale takes a week off and then doubles up the next week - nothing wrong with that.

I know that with a lot of fitness bracelets, it makes a difference if your hands move or not. When I go on a treadmill at the gym, I have to move the hand that my Fitbit in on, in order to get a step count. If I hold onto a rail with the Fitbit hand, I don't get the movement needed.

I think there is a variance in all of the fitness monitors. I'm thinking that with any device you wear on a wrist, there will be fluctuation. If you do something like brush a horse or perhaps wash a vehicle, with a lot of hand motion, you will rack up steps.

Fitbt had a setting you can change online to fine tune your personal stride. You have to measure out your steps, within a certain footage, to get your personal number
Old 03-05-2018, 07:20 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning. Had a whoosh and am down to 190 this morning. YAY!
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:38 AM   #240  

Thanks for the info munchey, I am just gonna stick with the number on the Samsung and know I am getting more than it says. Going to grab a bite to eat then go workout. I am almost done with stage 1 in NRLW, stage 2 here I come.