Old 02-11-2018, 01:40 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Ok still the same weight so I am not gonna complain, I expected it to be bad but I need to be very strict this week and get on the ball. Back to exercise regimen and low calorie. Yesterday my weight was up 6 lbs and I figure some of it was due to sodium and water retention so I only ate 15 grams of carbs and dropped all 6 lbs, whew. Wasn't expecting that but glad.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:36 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

I plan to get my rear in gear and back to exercising on Monday. It doesn't take long to lose your stamina. I feel like a slug. One step at a time, in a better direction.

Ange82much:
You continue to be a superstar! It's tough to lose weight while traveling, but you pulled it off with 3.74 lbs. - wow!

I like your 2 min. prep time for meals, lol. Is clean-up 2 minutes as well. I'm a fan of paper plates and paper bowls.

Curvynotlumpy:

I'm glad the scale settled back down for you. We will both have new opportunities with a new week.

GrannyNancy:
Congrats on losing 1.8 lbs! If weighing every day works for you, then that's what you need to do.

I hope that lingering cold leaves soon. Have you tried taking fiber supplements for constipation?

Stlrsgrl43:
It's challenging to travel and try to lose weight. It's something I know I'm not good at. I'm glad the scale came back down for you.

I've had some problems with digital scales, and they go a bit goofy on me after awhile. I end up having to tap the scale with one foot, let it register a reading (usually 5-6 lbs.), tap it a 2nd time to get a zero reading. After seeing the zero reading, I can step onto the scale for my weight. It may not be the same case with your scale, but thought I'd mention it as something to consider, if you find your scale fluctuating a lot.

Last edited by munchey; 02-11-2018 at 09:36 PM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:02 PM   #183  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchey View Post
I like your 2 min. prep time for meals, lol. Is clean-up 2 minutes as well. I'm a fan of paper plates and paper bowls.
Hey, that's a good idea!
But yep, you guessed it. Clean-up is super-quick too - everything's bundled in to the dishwasher before I take my plate to the table and start eating.
Good luck with your NewWeekNewStart. Come on! Get stuck in and prove you can do it!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:35 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Well this is definitely a tough spot. bounce up .8lbs this morning but at least the general direction is down. But I am back to my 12,000 or more steps though I am still getting winded easier than I was before I got sick. I am just walking for now until I don't get winded then I will go back to intervals.

Munchey - Oh I get plenty of fiber. Averaging 26 grams on 1100 calories is very good AND lots of water. AND stool softeners AND prunes. I think it is related to the prolapse, started when the doctor convinced me to add calcium supplements and then the added exercise put stress on the pelvic floor. Things are slowly improving but I have cut back on calcium [I was not taking that much and have played with several different types of calcium. Will be talking about this with doctor next visit. Ease in on the exercise!

Ange - wow - I spend so much time in the kitchen with food prep and cleaning. But most of it is cutting veggies.

Stlrsgril - glad you ultimately did not gain. That is a major peice of good news.

Last edited by grannynancy; 02-12-2018 at 07:37 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:52 AM   #185  

Munchey, I am not good at it either especially travelling through St. Louis, (hello ribs) I am soooo weak. but today starts a new week and yesterday was good for me, I ate right just didn't get my workout in so I am about to do that now because I agree with you, the stamina leaves fast.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:45 PM   #186  
Be happy.

I'm up a pound. 160 again.
Kind of disappointing but hopefully it will mean a big loss this week.
My dear friend from FL has been visiting for the last 12 days. She LOST weight eating the same things I've been eating and going to the gym with me. But she may have shivered some of it off - she will be glad to put away the winter jacket and boots when she gets home!
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:00 AM   #187  
learning maintenance

heidi58 Hate it when that happens. That's typical of me and DH on holiday - we do the same stuff, he eats/drinks more than me and then typically loses a few lb's whilst I gain a few lb's.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:20 AM   #188  

Good morning all, I had a good day yesterday. I did my "NRLW", completed my 10,000 steps and ate under my calorie goal. Today, my goal is to get my steps in, do some planks and keep under my calorie limit seeing as how my workouts are every other day. I also would like to get some squats in. I am not sure if u have to give those a days rest in between or not....maybe i shld google that.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:51 PM   #189  

The weekly stats, for 2-11-18, appear on the chart below.

Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments! Thanks to everyone who is still participating. I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentines Day!

PLEASE NOTE: If you did not provide a weight entry for this week, you won't appear on the chart. If you provide a weight entry next week, you will appear on that chart. A red weight/lb entry indicates one of the following: Participant did not provide a weight entry for that weigh-in, or participant provided a weight after Monday.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:58 PM   #190  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrsgrl43 View Post
Good morning all, I had a good day yesterday. I did my "NRLW", completed my 10,000 steps and ate under my calorie goal. Today, my goal is to get my steps in, do some planks and keep under my calorie limit seeing as how my workouts are every other day. I also would like to get some squats in. I am not sure if u have to give those a days rest in between or not....maybe i shld google that.

You are off to a great start! Muscle groups need a rest. I think most people alternate muscle groups (i.e. legs one day, upper body another day, etc.)
Old 02-14-2018, 08:36 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

This week is going well. Down 1.2 since Sunday. Getting back into the rhythm of walking my 12,000 daily steps.
Trying a new form of calcium in a day or two. I think the citrate form is messing with gut motility. This is allegedly a more bioavailable form.

Stlrsgrl - are you eating your exercise calories? I have learned not to and it really helps. I know MFP adds them in whether you like it or not (unless you pay to go custom). Great work on the exercise. I wish I could do planks. They put stress on the pelvic floor .
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:50 AM   #192  

Granny, nope, not eating extra calories, i try to eat under 1500 calories. Last week was not good because i was traveling and ate out every day and just went over board. This week i am on track with eating and exercise so keeping my fingers crossed for a loss.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:17 PM   #193  
learning maintenance

i'm completely on track this week, but weight going up!! I had a super-whoosh last week, and am obviously adjusting back to where I should've been. Would be nice to be a tiny smidge under last weeks weight by next Sunday, but I can wish for whatever I want, it's not going to change things (and i'm not changing my habits just to tweak it)!! Dinner out tonight with friends from UK and some other local friends, so need to think about what my 'allowance' will be.....
Old 02-14-2018, 09:57 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 176.2/156.8/130

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

ange - congrats on being the biggest loser this week
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:56 PM   #195  
Be happy.

Hello!
I hope everyone had a nice Valentines' Day. It's my favorite day of the kindergarten school year. The kids really do love each other and they take so much pleasure in passing out their valentines and reading the ones they get from their friends.

I started a new Rx for my A.S. on Monday and I can't believe how good my back and hip feel! I've got gas, heartburn and an upset stomach from it though, so I hope my body will adjust enough for me to stay one it. I have been out on my snow shoes and even went sledding with the kids this week, things that I've been very uncomfortable doing this winter.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote