Old 02-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #211  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

I had a whoosh. Yippee!! I'm now back to bang-on the predicted trendline on my weight-loss graph. Don't know why I can't get nice little incremental nudges to keep my motivation up, instead of this plateau/cliff edge profile thing I've had the last two weeks, but shouldn't complain.
Good to hear all your clothes stories! I reckon we've moved a bit here on sizing as well, I reckon a size 14 from the 80's would be a size 10 or 12 now. And different sizes for different shops so a size 10 in one shop would be a size 12 in another shop. Just to make sure you haven't a clue what's going to fit....
Still 100% on plan for me, and still restricted with my wonky knee a bit, but I can go out for about half a day trekking now, and the bike riding has been good (going about twice a week), so i'm really pleased with my progress so far this year.
Took my third lot of progress photos yesterday too - I've done them front, side and back wearing the same work-out clothes, at the start then after about 3 weeks, and now after about 6 weeks. Very happy to see a significant change, and feeling good!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #212  
Be happy.

Hello Ladies,
It's always so hard for me to remember to come online on Sundays. It's my favorite day of the week and when I'm not at church or with friends I'm snoozing in my chair!

I am back up to 163. I am trying not to be disappointed, I am sure it's from my new Rx. I've eaten well all week and exercised (because my back and hip feel so good on this new med) but my fingers are like little sausages. I'm hoping it's temporary, but even if it isn't it's worth it, for now at least. I have been sleeping all night, waking up with just stiffness not pain and I'm able to move comfortably. I am so pleased!

stlrsgrl43, I like your idea of focusing on getting your steps in each day. I will pay more attention to that myself this week.
We're having unseasonably nice weather right now and the ice is finally melting from the driveways and sidewalks. I went for a great outdoor walk today. I started out on snowshoes, but the snow was too mushy for me to enjoy it, so I hung them back up and just walked.

Grannynancy, You are absolutely right about sizing! I have a beautiful size 10 wool skirt that I bought it for my first day of student teaching in 1979. I kept it for sentimental reasons, it hasn't fit for decades. Anyway, I bought another good quality size 10 wool skirt this January, at the after Christmas sales. The waistband of my new size 10 is several inches bigger than my original.

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-19-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:34 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Heidi, yea my goal is 10,000 steps a day but i also do "NRLW", so I do that every other day on top of my daily steps.

Today was rough, i had no energy so i only had half of my steps but i forced myself to jump on the treadmill for 45 minutes so my steps are in.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:58 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

The weekly stats, for 2-18-18, appear on the chart below.

Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments! Thanks to everyone who is still participating. I hope everyone has a great week!

PLEASE NOTE: If you did not provide a weight entry for this week, you won't appear on the chart. If you provide a weight entry next week, you will appear on that chart. A red weight/lb entry indicates one of the following: Participant did not provide a weight entry for that weigh-in, or participant provided a weight after Monday.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:02 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hey Everyone:
I don't have time for personals right now, so I'll check back later for that.

I'm still struggling to be consistent and I'm trying to manage a bit of vertigo. I got to the gym once last week and to the horseback riding center twice. The days at the riding center were high mileage. The alternator failed on my truck, Monday night of last week, so I had to have 2 tow's last week. I could only make it 1/2 way home from the riding center on Monday evening, then needed a tow to a shop the next day.

Last Wednesday, my Fitbit actually recorder 20,000 steps (approx. 8 miles).
I was a couch potato the next day. I walked 2 miles to the shop that day to pick up my truck, then got in 6 miles at the riding center (3 classes). If they hadn't needed me for the last class, I probably would have passed on that one. The rider I acted as a side walker had some significant physical disabilities, so she had back support, while in the saddle. Unfortunately, the padding under the saddle wasn't quite right and the rider kept sliding to one side. It was a struggle to try to support/stabelize the back support equipment, while walking. It was a bit more of a workout than I was up to, and I was so glad when that session ended. I'd much rather lead the horse, or be a side walker that provides less physical assistance.

I need to get better with a back-up plan. Riding classes were cancelled yesterday, because of the strong wind (and eventually a bit of rain). I should have went to they gym instead, but didn't.

So the plan for today is to go to the gym late afternoon/early evening. Hopefully there will be riding classes on Wednesday (if not, will plan either a gym or at-home workout).

My big accomplishment for yesterday was making soup, that I now have available for a few meals. My focus this week is to get back to basics. I'm not trying for a perfect week, just a better week with more exercise and less eating. I'm going to try some special exercises for vertigo and continue to take some antihistimines.

Hope everyone is off to a good start with their week!

munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:30 PM   #216  
learning maintenance

Well today marks the end of the 7th week of my diet (which is pretty close to the start of this challenge). I've lost 9% of my body weight and 6.5kg and feeling 10000000% better.
I'm still calling it a diet, because realistically it's not long-term sustainable for ever, in that i'm not really having 'normal' meals and rely on prepping a heap of extra veggies to go with a small amount of whatever protein i'd normally have, no bread/pasta/rice/sugar and i'm weighing everything to know the calories. I can do this at home for ever but I've also been super diligent when I've been out for social stuff which I don't want to do for ever. Hopefully I can keep this going for another few months til I've got to target, then the 'normal lifestyle' choices will let me maintain thereafter....
The thing i'm most surprised about is how easy it's been mentally. I've not really struggled at all with temptation so i'm really thankful for that and hope it continues!!

Hope everyone else is going well this week. Sounds like everyone is doing the right things even though the scale might not always be behaving!
Old 02-24-2018, 08:15 PM   #217  
learning maintenance

Hi Winter Pounders!

Typical week for me with another 1.7lb off (all at the start of the week). Happy with that.
I've also tweaked my target weight down a bit so that it's mid-normal BMI range. I always wanted to do this really, but it's taken til now to actually believe that I can do it! A target of safely under 60kg was all I could manage to imagine at the start. It's only 2kg difference but I know when I get there it's going to take for ever to get those last 4lb off.

Hope everyone else has had some positives this week.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:00 AM   #218  
Be happy.

Hello!
I have had a busy school vacation week. My mom was here for the week, I turned 60, I had to stop taking my new med because of side effects, and my sister is in the hospital so I've made a few quick trips to MA to be with her. Whew! My weight is down to 158.1 and my rings fit just right again. I did not get to the gym once this week but I took my mom home last night so I will get back to my regular routine starting today. (I don't do much at the gym, just treadmill, stretching and hula hooping but I sure feel better when I go.)

ange82much, I enjoy reading about your progress, you are doing so well. Congratulations on your 1.7 loss this week!

munchey, I'm sorry to read that you are struggling with vertigo, I hope it subsides quickly. Someone I love has vestibular issues and it impacts everything. I love soup - that's my "get back on track" meal, too. Cook it once and eat it for lunch most of the week.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:26 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

Not much to report here. Weight is at 208.9 so down a wee bit. Walked 7 miles yesterday so my bad ankle is very sore today. It was severely broken in a car accident decades ago and repaired with bolt and pins. )

munchey: I hope you're on the mend soon. I have a couple of friends who've battled vertigo. The most recent is my supervisor who had her very first experience running a marathon relay. Miserable and scary. Continue to take good care of yourself and pace yourself as you get back into regular activity.

A belated Heidi58! I hope you had a wonderful birthday and enjoyed the time with your mom. Prayers and good thoughts to your sister in MA.

ange82much: "Winter pounders" Love it! on your 1.7 pound loss. You're doing exceptionally well and your diligence is clearly paying off!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:50 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 253.4/174/175

Height: 5'10

I've been extremely sick this week. I've lost too much in a short time. Nothing helped my stomach this week. Sunday weight 174.8
BlondieCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:41 PM   #221  

I didn't get to weigh today so will do so in the morning.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:00 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Well I could not record my weight on the chart as the old one came up--it has gone down a good bit but bounced up. No thanks to anything I am doing. It was down to 192.8 earlier this week and I was soo happy....

So 194.0 was the weight on Sunday morning. A bit down right now with working so hard and being in such a stall but not what it "should" be. Well what else can I do. Just going to maintain the calories and push harder on the fitness. This really is a lot of work.

Curvy - I have a bad ankle too with a plate and 5 screws. A lot of collateral arthritis and tendon damage and I take a small (200mg) amount of gabapentin daily which does wonders for the pain. The number one big thing that has been a godsend for me is compression socks. That ankle swells and the doctor said it was damage to lymph system around the ankle and those socks make all the difference in the world to me. Just light compression. My other ankle does not swell. But swelling = pain. My favorite shoes are either Birkenstock sandles or Keen light hiking boots.

Munchey - sorry for your vertigo. That must be very disorienting and hard to deal with.

Blondie - I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Ange - you are doing so well!

Heidi - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Last edited by grannynancy; 02-26-2018 at 07:09 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:11 AM   #223  

So no weight loss this week for me. Hoping for a whoosh this week. On the plus side, i reached 10,000 steps everyday this week and i noticed my jeans are getting loose.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:29 AM   #224  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Hello to everyone!

Munchey ~ I hope you are doing well. I am worried about you. Please check in and let us all know.

In all the years of my weight loss management, this year and last has been a year of maintenance rather than losses. I just can't figure it out. I had been following WW Freestyle with no luck. I switched to Momentum for 3 weeks, still the same or up and down 2-3 pounds. I think it is time for a visit with my doctor. Perhaps it is the meds I am on. I had a thyroidectomy 10 years ago, get blood work every 6 months, not due quite yet, but maybe that is the culprit.

So weigh in yesterday was 145.6 at home. (I chose not to weigh in at the WW meeting.)

I was going to bow out of this challenge, but perhaps another month might turn things around. Hope springs eternal.

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 02-26-2018 at 11:32 AM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:11 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Want to highlight another food I just had for lunch.

FENNEL. Great source of potassium and other things

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...dspice&dbid=23

I made sauteed fennel, onions, and tofu and added some low sodium soy sauce and some sambal olek for lunch today. It was very good. Different taste but a nice addition [Fennel also does well with fish and with pork]
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote