Old 02-05-2018, 01:32 PM   #166  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchey View Post

Heidi58:
Just need to confirm that you lost 12.6 lbs in one week. Last weight recorded was 161.8, I'm thinking you may have meant to enter 159.2?
You are right! lol I was rushing and didn't notice I'd hit the wrong key!
Thank you!
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:32 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

HEIDI:
Congrats on losing 2.6 pounds this week! Thats's still a good accomplishment!

Thanks for clarifying. It looked like a mistake that I'd likely make. If it wasn't a mistake, we'd all be interested in your strategy for last week, LOl
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:47 PM   #168  

The weekly stats, for 2-4-18, appear on the chart below.

Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments! Thanks to everyone who is still participating. We have new opportunities ahead, like the man depicted above!

I hope everyone is having a good week!

PLEASE NOTE: If you did not provide a weight entry for this week, you won't appear on the chart. If you provide a weight entry next week, you will appear on that chart. A red weight/lb entry indicates one of the following: Participant did not provide a weight entry for that weigh-in, or participant provided a weight after Monday.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:48 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 176.2/156.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Heidi- congrats on being the biggest loser this week
flower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:07 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 253.4/174/175

Height: 5'10

Congratulations Heidi!!
BlondieCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:19 PM   #171  

HEY EVERYONE!
Hope you are all ready for the weekend! I hope you are having a good week and have a good weigh-in.

Wow, Valentine's Day is next week. If it's something you enjoy celebrating, I hope you have a fun with it. If it isn't something you enjoy, it's just another day. What's most important is how we treat each other on the ordinary days.

I've been sick all week and haven't gotten any exercise. I haven't volunteered or gone to the gym this week so far. I didn't want to spread what I had to anyone else, plus I just became a lazy blob and concentrated on resting and using remedies. Now that I'm feeling half human, I need a kick in the butt to get me moving.

What's the saying, "Feed a cold, starve a fever". Well, I think I fed the cold too much. At least, I'm feeling better and now it's time to get back on the track that I've stumbled off of.

Last Friday, I had purchased some Zoodled Zucchini. I think I like Spaghetti Squash better as mock spaghetti. I love my Zucchini round slices, with tomatoes and onions, but I'm not sure about the Zoodling. It's interesting how the shape of things you cook can make a difference in the the end result and how things taste to you.

I purchased some fresh cauliflower last week and practiced some grating. I tried a coarse cheese grater, but it still came out finer than rice. I then, tried chopping with a knife. I can get more of a rice-like consistence that way. I ended up with a small baggie with a mix of the two chopping options. It's just sat in the refrigerator. I think I have the energy to continue with my exploration. Once I get the desired "rice-like" consistency, then I have to explore a way to prep it that tastes good to me. Anyone use cauliflower for pizza crust? If so, how did you like it?

Last edited by munchey; 02-09-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:23 PM   #172  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

checking back in after my week away, and excited that I've lost another couple of lb's I think (waiting for a re-confirmation on Sunday, as some of it might be dehydration after the long flight). So I was very disciplined and did what I could with the choices I had, also because it was 9hrs time difference away it felt like the middle of the night by mid-day, so I was a lot more interested in sleeping when I finished working instead of going for dinner, and managed to skip a couple of evening meals that way. Went out for one bigger meal with all the team, and had a couple of glasses of wine, but stuck to one (fish) course eating-wise, so over all i'm really pleased!! Just been to supermarket to buy a load of veggies so that I can prepare some bulk batches of staples for next week (cabbage/turkey mince/mushroom thing, and a big batch of roast veggies is on the 'to do' list this morning).
Munchey I normally just steam cauliflower or mash it, but will chop it small and chuck it in with the roasties this morning and see how it turns out that way. To be honest I love veggies as they are and aren't fussy about preparing them in different ways too much, so i'm definitely lucky there.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:25 AM   #173  

Is it too late to join this?
ToneItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #174  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Just a check in:

No Weight Watchers weigh in this past week due to ice and snow.

I have made it a rule NOT to weigh in at home, but I have been religious in tracking using the itrackbites app to log food (Classic Plan -WW Momentum Plan circa 2010) and exercise. Yes, you heard that right! I have started back to Planet Fitness and actually look forward to it. I use the treadmill for an hour (watching netflix on my phone), 3.2 -3.5 miles per hour and a small incline. Then I get on this rowing bike for 10-15 minutes, and finally a sit down stepper (never saw anything like it before, but it is wild! I could only do 10 minutes at first, but now I could do 30.

My reward is the hydromassage table. It is in a private room, with time set to 10 or 20 minutes. You lie on your back and this rush of water rushes neck to toe - so relaxing and comforting. You can easily adjust the intensity and areas of body you want via an overhead computer screen. This is one of the perks of the Planet Fitness Black Card. Membership is $20 per month for both exercise machines, hydromassage and massage chairs. Well worth it to me!

So I feel good, eating right on the old Momentum WW program. I take it day by day and looking forward to weighing in next Wednesday's weigh in.

Munchey ~ Sorry you were ill, but glad you are on the mend. It took me a great while to figure out what plan to follow. You will get back on track now that you're starting to feel better!

ange82much ~ You did so well while you were on your trip! You are rocking this challenge.

I hope everyone's weigh ins are positive ones tomorrow!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 02-10-2018 at 11:13 AM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:34 PM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneItUp View Post
Is it too late to join this?

Hey ToneItUp!
Late entries are fine and we'd love to have you join. The only requirements are as follows:

1. That you can commit to finish the challenge

2. That you are willing to participate in the thread, by posting once a week. You aren't required to make personal responses to everyone, just share a couple of lines about how your week is going. Understandably, we are all going to have a bad week and may miss posting occasionally.

3. If you haven't already, please read the first post in this thread for the basic details of the challenge.

If the requirements work for you, weigh tomorrow and post a reply here with your current weight and then a goal weight for 4-1-18. Once you post those numbers in this thread, I'll get you set up on the spreadsheets. The following week, you can begin posting on the Weekly Weigh-In Sheet.

Old 02-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #176  

Ange82much:
Good job on keeping your momentum going, while traveling. Sounds like you are making plans to have another successful week! I need to join you with food prep and take my food prep from the "thinking stage" to the "doing stage".

MorningGlory1950:
I'm glad that Planetfitness is working out for you. I've been going to a private label version of Planetfitness, called "Cuze". I've been using the treadmill, rowing machine and the bikes. I haven't seen a sitting stepper in our gym.

They do have the hydromassage machine at my gym, although I haven't used it yet. I have to make an appointment to use it, and just haven't done it yet. I think I've been waiting to use it as a reward at some point.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:49 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

everyone

munchey: I'm sorry you've been under the weather but relieved you are feeling better and happy you stayed home to take care of yourself. It drives me crazy when folks show up for work and other things coughing, wheezing, eye and nose dripping. Gross and yuck! And it does no one any good! Okay, over.

Heidi: on your loss this week!

ange82much: You are doing good with your weight loss. Of course it's not by accident; I admire your discipline to plan and food prep. I approach veggies the same way as you, mostly simple prep either steamed, roasted, fresh or in a soup.

MorningGlory1950: Oh, that hydromassage sounds divine!

, ToneItUp. Make yourself at home.
Between TOM finally arriving and the Super Bowl my weight toggled between 212 -213 most of the week. I'm back to 209 which is where I've been the last two weeks. A move in the right direction but still frustrating!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:59 PM   #178  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
It drives me crazy when folks show up for work and other things coughing, wheezing, eye and nose dripping.
100% agree with you here. Nothing worse than sharing an office or small space with someone that's spewing germs everywhere. Just stay home!

Hi everyone!

MorningGlory1950 well done on getting started at the gym - it sounds like a long program you have too. The hydro massage sounds fantastic, I've not heard of those before. Great you've seen improvements on the bike already as well. Must admit that the exercise part of this journey needs some attention from me before long.
munchey i'm really impatient with spending time on eating, I don't cook normally and i'm happy to have a meal done and dusted in 10min, so the pre-batches of stuff really works well for me, then i'll have a portion of that with a variety of protein, or chuck in other stuff, for which I normally allow a prep time of about 2 min!!!

Well I got on the scales again this morning and was expecting the worst after my body had settled down following what I thought was a good result from yesterday, and I was down another 1.1lb!! So I've had a super-whoosh associated with my trip away. I think i'll be paying for this in the next couple of weeks and won't go anywhere much with the weight, but maybe the erratic eating/sleeping/time zone changes shook up my metabolism a bit?
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:08 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Well, I am back home after traveling for the past week, I dread seeing the scale tomm. I went low carb today to try to undo some damage, guess we will see.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:11 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning.

Well I have been kind of MIA and I think my shift to weekly weighing has not helped. I am more engaged when daily weighing is a part of my ritual. That said I have lost 1.8 this week. Less than I had been losing overall but then I go to Cronometer and look at the projection based on calorie intake and activity and they would have projected a 1.9 lb loss and I lost 1.8 so simple math is confirming that I am where I should be. There is nothing voodoo about weight loss other than water balance and gut contents.

So the reality is the drop in exercise from being sick probably has played a role. Intake average for last week was 1101 calories with very good balance on all nutrients. My average daily steps, however, has only been 8647.

Been quite down because the cold lingers. Low level but irritating cough and snuffles. and I have a mild prolapse [age, children, c-sections, hysterectomy, weight] that is predictable and very common but demoralizing nonetheless. Grateful to not face incontinence challenges but constipation is a challenge. Ladies. Kegels alone (which I have done for many years) are not any kid of guarantee for your pelvic floor integrity and I am certain that some of the yoga and weight training have been unkind to it. FWIW, coughing coughing coughing really irritates it. Women should get an owners manual to their body by the time they reach childbearing years. Doctors should not be so keen to rush into pulling out uterus and ovaries [20 years ago!]

Munchey - I am so sorry you have been sick. It is so draining and hard to stay on track. I really want to thank you for carrying forward with these challenges!

Ange82much - Wow you have been rocking it. And consistently. I admire your tenacity.

Morningglory - Wow that hydromassage sounds so nice. I even looked up planet fitness but the drive to it (or any gym for that matter) is far enough that I know I would not go.

Stlrsgrl - I hope the scales are not too unkind. Travel does make it very hard.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote