Old 02-11-2015, 10:16 PM   #181  

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies - it's been forever since I was here. Mindy, Wendy, Kris and Jeni, glad you're still together and posting!

I'm Emily, 35 (35!) mother of three (3.5, 6 & 8) work full time. I'm officially insulin resistant (woohoo) so cutting out carbs will be a priority for me to lose any weight. I'm at an all time high of 199.0, which is depressing because I've actually gained about 25 lbs since I had my daughter on top of the pregnancy weight.

Life's been crazy, Mindy we're also selling our house - after 6 months on the market we finally got a contract and close at the end of the month. We're taking a small loss but we just need to get out of that house (1100 square feet for 5 people and 2 dogs wasnt working anymore!). So we're living with my mom and saving up a downpayment for a new house. It's stressful and crowded but it's a means to an end.

I'm so glad I found you all again! Still trying to figure out my diet plan (giving up my lattes may just kill me) and I'm not the best at planning these days.

W - 100+ (this is usually not a problem for me - I gave up sodas and artifical sweeteners over a year ago so I drink A LOT of water)
E - walk walk walk as much as I can
E - 1400 cal, keep carbs around 100g
D - my life will be moving things out of our house for the next two weeks!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:31 PM   #182  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

hi chickies!

im still here. gettingsome water in not much more. they pushed our alredy rushed budget prep schedule up so the next couple of weeks I will probably be pretty sporadic here.

Thanks to all for the smoking quitter encouragement. I can't say i've been great, but i'm making a conscious decision to be done by this weekend. Hubby is gone for a fewq days fishing, so slowing to stopping will be easier without him here puffing away. He's ready to quit too. I guess I'll pull the trigger while he's gone.

Mindy... the plumbing removal is a little perplexing, isnt it? I'm hoping my uterus weighs 44 pounds when they take it! mammo and new primary appt for me friday. I can probably just cut and paste your report for the post visit report! Hold out for the right buyer sister! No low ballers!

Mavie - hang in there. I have the get to work at 7 theory brewing too.i just really suck at getting up early. Should be worth it though. Hang tough with that picky boss. 6 years. 4 months.

carma - hope everyone is feeling better. we all know the men aren't good at being sick. Again, way to go on getting yourself here and your awesome weed plan down every day. Your D's always hit home with me.

Jen - sorry your trip is delayed but glad to here you're going. You are a trooper with that work schedule! As for our 1 lb a week plan, my mom totally did it at 60. lost 52lbs in one year. you got this all day long!

Mugs - miss ya. hope all is well!

Alright. off to work on some streetlight budgets. hope you girls get some much deserved rest tonight! back when I can!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:47 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Welcome back Emi! Love the new kid pic! They are gorgeous! Look how big your daughter is! Darcy? Maybe?

Kris, Good luck with the weekend. Perfect Valentine to give each other!

Mindy, I do not miss those parts. Except when I feel like I am going to burst into flame. Menopause comes anyway, so the flames arrive no matter what. Better to have the cancer risk of those parts gone, TOM gone and you are done with them anyway! Let me know if I can answer questions.
Did your agent encourage a counter? Anything you can bargain with? Hot tub you were going to take?

Carma, Is shimmy a class or a video? Hated those huge piles of homework for littles. You are doing great!

Jeni, 2 AM you were getting up when I went to sleep! Only got home about midnight, had to take a pistol permit class after my first day back at work! Went to Walmart to grab some things for FIL because I can't go after work tonight, have to go straight to PT, 30 mile away!

W 100
E PT tonight
E OP, having chinese for lunch with my work girls (we like to do on snowy days) but I will plan the rest of the day to allow for that!
D I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles. Audrey Hepburn

Be happy ladies!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:20 AM   #184  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Well girls looks like everyone is busy with work, stressed a bit and nobody seems to need the lady parts anymore. Sometimes there is so much in my brain I feel it will explode. I was awake for about an hour last night rehashing events of my work day and problems. Oh how I wish I could retire.

We did a counter offer which would have us break even. He feels there isn't a chance of them accepting. Haven't heard a thing. I'm sure we won't.

Gym last night. My hubby put me through a leg workout. Did some things I don't normally. Night before he helped me with arms and chest. Needless to say I am sore today. Scale went up...BLAH!!

Kris- Good luck throwin out those cigs this weekend.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:35 AM   #185  

Height: 5'3"

Mindy - best of luck, hopefully they come back with a counter that's workable. We bought our house right before the 'crash' and are selling it 32K less than what we paid for it - crazy bad timing - 8 years of mortgage payments down the drain Sore is always good, keep at it!

Nix - good luck this weekend, kicking that habit is so important! Hope the stress at work boils down a bit.

Mavis - yup Darcy, good memory! I need to put a newer picture up, that's from quite a while ago. I love your 'D' quote

Trying to stay focused at work, have so much moving 'to do' lists churning in my head it's hard to not get distracted. Two weeks is not a lot of time!

W - 100+
E - walk and be as active as possible
E - 1400 / 100g carbs
D - moving stuff (changing addresses, forwarding mail etc...)
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:03 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Welcome back emi

Mavis: shimmy is a bellydancing class at my exercise studio. I don't particularly love it but it is before yoga and they moved the piloxing class I was going to to Tuesday's or a variation of it. I like to only go 1 day a week for me if possible. Since I skipped this week I need to try for 2 days next week. Weather dependent. More snow coming, ugh. I think this is the first winter I can say I am officially done with. Only a few more weeks though.

Mindy: hope the counter office comes through. Glad you got a good work-out. My weight lifting is not happening. I might try that daily burn to see if they have good weight lifting videos. I like the fact that you can choose how long your workout is.

Kris: sickness is slowly moving and my son and I seem to have dodged it. Fingers crossed on quitting this weekend. I have to weed daily or I start to let things slide. It drives my husband nuts when I do it in bed.

Jeni & mugs:
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:17 PM   #187  

I have been watching food videos like fat,sick and nearly dead and also food inc. it really does make me want to strive for cleaner eating. It is getting annoying being the only person in the family getting into it. I guess I will just keep pushing the vegetables on them.
I need to check with my doctor to see if I can juice fast. I see her next week for a med check. She is going to be surprised at my nearly 20 lbs off since seeing her at the beginning of January.

Weed review:
W: 80 oz
E: wii 45 minutes, 25 minutes slow walk following a patient. 2mph.
E: 1585 all colors
D: fingers crossed for tomorrow's weigh in.

Weed for tomorrow:
E: walking hopefully. May play with daily burn. Definitely 30 minutes of something
E: 1600 calories
D:
"Dieting is the only game where you win when you lose!"
— Karl Lagerfeld
Old 02-13-2015, 10:00 PM   #188  

Weed review
E: none sadly, did valentines today because big shock more snow tomorrow
E: big cheat day 2800 calories. My fitness pall told me I will be 5 lbs heavier in 5 weeks if I don't knock it off
D: 2lbs down at work challenge

Saw 50 shades, I liked it but you could wait for DVD.

Weed for tomorrow
W:100 oz, must wash out salt. TOM hit today
E: walk 60, maybe daily burn if I join
E: 1400, all colors
D:
"Just think of all those women on the Titanic who said, 'No thank you' to desert that night. And for what?!"
— Erma Bombeck

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 02-13-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:29 PM   #189  
mtiger

Wink

Carma- Can't wait for the DVD. I WILL be seeing it this weekend. DOn't really like the actors they cast. Hopefully they turn out better than I expect in the film.

Yesterday was a bust. Got blood drawn for all my lovely tests. Went out to breakfast, visited retirement office. Now that was enlightening. I have thought I am stuck until 60 with no money until 60th birthday. Not true. I can retire early at 60 with a pension. Smaller, but still a pension. That just took one heavy load off my shoulders. Now I know that if I just can't stand it anymore I can retire when I want. I am going to try and put in as many years as I can handle. In the meantime I really need to start saving and paying things off.

I took an incredible nap after returning home. Totally relaxed for the first time in quite a while.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:08 AM   #190  

Mindy, glad you got some much needed rest. Did you get to see the movie yet? Some lady stood up before starting the movie pointed at my husband and said, you have no idea what your in for.

Weed review for yesterday. Fail on all parts. I had nothing but caffeine, chocolate and salt. Surprisingly only 2035 calories in. I did drink 24 oz water. My weigh in this morning 2 hours later than normal was 223. I figure that has to be off, combination of dehydration and later weigh in.

Weed for today
E: something if it ever stops snowing.
E: 1500 of some balanced meals. Try for all colors.
D: do not let 2 bad days turn into a week. Fat Carma cannot rear her ugly head.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:52 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Back to work, weight is up with stress.

W 10
E walked only 1/2 mile on the treadmill yesterday, felt ok, but fell on the ice last night on my knees. Ugh
**back to say, fired up the C210K on my phone, it has 8 one minute runs for day 1, I did 3 of them, that's all for today**
E OP
D windchills are supposed to be about 40 below zero today, I'll be sitting on the couch with a blanket and a book. May bake something for hubby

Last edited by mothermavis; 02-15-2015 at 11:29 AM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:25 PM   #192  

Weed review for today

W:72 oz
E: none again wth
E: 1500 missed a couple colors
D: must get crap together. May try meditating tomorrow.

Weed for tomorrow
E: ? Yoga or other new class
E: 1500 calories
D:
"You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength."
— Marcus Aurelius
Old 02-16-2015, 08:58 AM   #193  
mtiger

Wink

Did a pretty quick (for me) 3 mile run yesterday. Gained 1/2 a pound. I am thinking I did not eat enough to compensate for the workout. I am trying to figure this thing out. Eat more on workout days, less when I don't. I might be on to something. We are cleaning house again. Another showing this morning. Good thing I have the day off.

Back to work tomorrow and it will be a crazy one. 3 things going on at work and it is a late meeting night too. That retirement thing is sounding better every day. Pay off some bills and be free. I said 60 the other day, I can actually retire at 55.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:09 PM   #194  

Mindy: that is awesome on early retirement. Any idea what you would do to supplement your retirement income. I like the idea of cruise nursing. Only downside you have to keep critical care or er nursing active. Whatever it is it will be travel based. D.h. Is 5 yrs older than me so I have a few years of working post his retirement.

225 this am at normal weigh in time. The coworker I really like is on vacation. Stuck with the one who drives me a little nuts. Should be an interesting week. We only work 3 days together which is a plus. Downside they are all busy days.

Weed review:
W:96 oz woo hoo.
E: Stretching yoga 1 hr class.
E: 1417 all colors. Fairly high on sugar.
D: This is what I get for giving in to menstrual cycle temptations

Weed for tomorrow
W:80 oz
E: maybe cardio blast class if I can convince daughter to go to kids class.
E: 1400, all colors, less sugar.
D: get some meditation in. It is my day off. 5-15-30 in effect. May do daily burn. Get started on taxes.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:34 PM   #195  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Happy President's Day ladies,

Been a busy weekend. Friday was Dr appt for standard physical with a new primary physician. Loved her. Tetnis shot. Fasting for blood work around 3:00pm after my 1:30 Mammo. Referral to gastro doc for colonoscopy planning to get me on a schedule because of my mutation.. muahahahahhah... Sounds like I'm an alien. Glad appts are moving quickly.

You NEED so....

Mindy - Get those bills paid sister. It's a road I am starting now because I know I can't work this job past 55 if I make it that long. I am a huge fan of Dave Ramsey, Mind. Check it out. We (hubby and I) are not perfect, but are working the plan. Work stress is bad enough, but if you can kill the money stress, the other will be easier to take, or leave! Well, did you get to the movies? Any word on the counter offer?

Mavie - For your knees. For your return to work. For the damn cold weather. It was 82 here today. I feel guilty for enjoying it. What did you decide to bake? Did those beautiful rotties get a bite of it?

Carma - scale read is just a minor bump. Grab the bull by the horns and start fresh tomorrow, nutty co-worker and all. Pulling for you. How are you liking daily burn? I need to do something.

Emi - How's the move going? We moved, for the same reasons, kids too big in too small house, and the friggen move was a beast. 15 years of crap. I feel for ya. I also wish you a speedy collection of new house funds! You are a trooper living crowded while you save, but you are blessed to have the option. Make it worth while!

Jen - looks like you've been busy in teen furniture construction land. Hope all is well and your kids realize how RAD their parents are!

Mugs - just cuz I miss ya! Hope you are doing well and are back here soon.

Well... I just watched Food Inc, and think I need a cow, chickens and a garden. The food industry politicians are sick and twisted jerks. Wish I could afford to go all organic. Will try to support local growers (some who are friends) as much as I can.

LAST NIGHT OF SMOKING TONIGHT. I am super motivated to clean out my system, clean out my NS food cupboards, and clear a 10lb loss. I have been perusing pinterest and weightloss before and after blogs. Pretty motivating. Wish I had time to blog everyday. I can barely get here twice a week!

gonna go hit the jacuzzi and chill out. Short work week. Looking forward to Friday already!

WEED for the Week
W- 64oz a day
E- 5 minutes every hour. Gotta set a reminder
E - NS on point. Come on Kris
D - Remember the worst part is the 1st day. GET THRU IT.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote