3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   W. O. W. Women on WEED Kiss me I'm Irish! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/301230-w-o-w-women-weed-kiss-me-im-irish.html)

mothermavis 12-28-2014 05:54 AM

W. O. W. Women on WEED Kiss me I'm Irish!

Women on WEED!!

All are welcome, newbies, old friends, doesn't matter as long as you want to support each other!
For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!

mothermavis 12-28-2014 06:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, here goes!
I'm Wendy, aka Mavis! Long story.

I am 48, married, mother of two men. No grandbabies yet though. I live in the boondocks with two dogs and an ancient bird and FIL for whom I am the primary caregiver. I work in insurance and I sell real estate. I prefer the real estate but, alas, I must have a steady paycheck! Youngest just graduated with his Masters, so a few more years of paying off those bills and I should be able to leave that job at 55 and just sell houses!

I've attached a Christmas pic of the forementioned dogs. The only reason I am up, starting a new thread at 6 am on a Sunday!! Dogs don't get weekend, darn it! Ah well.

OK my plan.
W I aim for 100 oz of water most days
E Running is my cardio, this challenge will be a tough one for me because I am not going to be able to run for a couple of months! I'll need to find something else, maybe the pool....but I have to get into weights more. I need the structure of a class, because I am a weight lifting reject. No plan, no idea, ugh!
E Low carb seems to work the best for me, so I am back there for the nth and hopefully final time
D I know I an do it, I just have to stay focused. Look for positive thoughts here!

Nixmom 12-28-2014 01:14 PM

Woo Hoo!

Thaks for kicking this off Mavie!

Kris here. 43. Married to by best friend for 5 years. Mom to 25yo son who works, seems to be a professional college student, and is still chasing his dream of playing pro baseball. Stepmom to DD 15, Ds 13, and DS 10... All good kids. I have a stressful job of running the Public Works Department of my home town.... Like being married to 75 men. I been battling the balance of life and health for 8 years on this site. The women on this thread have become friends, mentors and sisters over the last 8 (holy cow) years. I love them dearly.

2015 is the year I WILL reinvent myself. Goals include:

1. Become a runner - work toward 1/2 marathon (just starting)
2. Time for me - focus on being creative and giving my working mind a break regularly.
3. Lose 50 lbs -1 at a time. My health needs to be a priority before others
4. Ditch $20,000 in debt. This is just the beginning. Following Dave Ramsey plan.
5. Read 5 books

WEED CORE GOALS:
W - 100oz day - this is tough for me when I'm busy. Gotta do it.
E - move dang it! I have not committed to the slightest bit in the last year. 30 minute 3x week minimum. Looking for walking 3 miles a week to start and move toward 10k by September
E - portion control with 5 small meals a day. Planned. Journaled.
D - I am worth the effort. healthy is not a number on the scale. It is a state of mind; ever evolving, but always moving forward. No going backwards or sitting idle in 2015 for me.
Let's do this!

mothermavis 12-29-2014 05:42 AM

You CAN do this Kris and so can I!!

OK I only work 2 days this week, but today is one of them!

W 100
E on my way to the Y in about 15 minutes for body sculpt class
E OP
D Little slip ups yesterday, today will be absolutely om plan!

mtiger 12-29-2014 08:59 AM

Hi all, I am Mindy. I am 54 years old, the oldest of the bunch. I married my high school boyfriend almost 4 years ago. Should have done it back then but sometimes life has other ideas. I have two kids, my beautiful 29 yr. old daughter and my fine 26 year old son. Love them both to pieces. My hubby has a married son, parents to our 1 year old grandson. His lovely daughter recently had a baby boy who is 2 months old. What a crew.

I teach 4th grade. WOW!! Something I used to adore has become a nightmare. We were gifted all the English learners last year, which put us in a low achieving status. We are in a rebuilding phase. That is not the real problem. They assigned us the principle from H***. She is making everyone's life completely miserable. She is THE WORST manager I have ever met. Stress is multiplied on a daily basis. Pray for us all.

I have lost 75 pounds over the last 8 years. I have 25 more to go and they don't want to come off. I have tried so many different things. I run, do weights and sometimes just walk. This group of women have become a lifeline in a crazy world. I love them dearly and appreciate all their wisdom, support and even humor. Rock on girls!!!

mtiger 12-29-2014 09:05 AM

Report for today- Good workout yesterday. Ran 5k (hear that Kris?) with a decent time. Getting old stinks. If it isn't the knee, it's the foot. Yesterday both felt pretty good. I was analyzing the 1/2 marathon. They say plan on a 16 min. mile. Yesterday I did a 12:30 mile, but that was only for 3 miles. Can I keep that up for 13.1?? Probably not. It seems like running/walking to the ends of the earth.

Scale went up today from 176.4 to 177. I need to toy around with the idea of eating more food on harder workout days and less when I don't workout. I am wondering if maybe that has something to do with it.

jcatron243 12-29-2014 08:00 PM

Hi all! Hi MM, Kris, and Mindy!! Glad to see you guys!!

I'm Jeni. I am a wife and mother of two great kids 11yo daughter and 9 yo son. I work 12 hour shifts with a weird schedule. I have been with this group off and on since it began! I have had my ups and downs with weight. Right now I am on an up side. Weight is about 170 after maintaining 145 up until July. I started new meds which helped me with this weight gain. So Instead of having a weightloss goal, I am going to spend the next few months really focusing on being healthy.

1. 1/2 marathon training. I WILL BE SLOW, BUT I CAN AND WILL DO IT!!
2. I want to get in some form of workout 5 days a week, with a long distance run on a 6th day. On workdays, my workouts may only be 10 minutes, but I will get in some sort of workout.
3. Incorporate 5 fruits and veggies into every day. Drink a green smoothie everyday. Focus on a no white at night meal plan.
4. Drink at least 80 oz of water a day.

I started off today with a nice 30 minute circuit workout. I warmed up .25 miles, 10 wall ball shots, 10 knee push ups, 10 situps, 10 bicep curls, .25 mile run. I circuited 3 times with a cool down .25 mile and 2 minutes of stretching.

Nixmom 12-29-2014 10:33 PM

Hey, hey!

Last Monday of the year was true to form... A total bust. Just have to survive tomorrow and then 5 hours Wednesday and I'm in front of a productive and quiet New Years weekend.

I can't wait to get home before dark and walk. Will have Mindy's 5k plug pounding in my head until then.

Jen- glad ya made it! That weight is no match for your amazingness. Your nephew is freaking adorable! Great job on the circuits this AM.

Mavie- count down to knee. You're heavy on the brain.

Off to read for 30 minuets to de-workify my head. Glad to hear from all you chicks!

mothermavis 12-30-2014 06:23 AM

Morning all!

Mindy, great job on the 5k. You are amazing! You'll get the weight loss figured out again. You've lost 75 pounds for goodness sake!
PS. You look great in your Christmas pics!

Jeni, Welcome back! I second Kris, that nephew is perfect. His little Seahawks garb was too cute also. Like the sounds of that circuit workout. Maybe tomorrow while I am waiting to go in, I'll write up a workout for my rehab.

Kris, Don't worry about corrals. If you are in the last one, I'll be there with you. I just want to do the race with you ladies. Not the least bit worried about time. We will run it together :carrot: I am with you on Monday from ****!
Also if I didn't tell you, love the pic of you and your boy! Momma pride, nothing better!

OK, last work day for me for a month or so. Have to call this afternoon to find out when I have to get there tomorrow.

I need to use the next month to really get my food cleaned up, because if I don't, I'm afraid I'll fall completely off the wagon. I'm already hanging on by my fingernails. I did great last 2 days til dinner. Thinking Hubs is trying to sabotage me. He wanted pizza Sunday and had made frozen tacos last night. Both way too carby for me (and he never cooks, so that was strange too) On the other hand, not like he held a blender to my head to make me eat it. Can say no, just did not do it.

Ugh

W 100
E Not sure, probably a treadmill run tonight'
E OP
D Deep breath

mtiger 12-30-2014 08:43 AM

MM- Had a chuckle this morning when I realized you named the thread"Kiss me I'm Irish." Love it!! Good luck with the surgery, and better yet, good luck with recovery. I know you and it will be hard not being active. You are right that the food will need to be spot on. This will not be a time for getting sloppy. You can do this. Hey, look at it this way, you will be home to cook more.

Kris- Got in another 5k last night...just sayin. Waiting to hear your report of walking around the block. Take those fur babies out and get going girl.

Jeni- Great goals. I just heard that people who actually write down goals do better at achieving them. I need to do that. Good job on the circuit work. You are in a great frame of mind right now.

So I ran a pretty quick (for me) 5k and did weight training last night. It all felt really good. Wish it felt as good getting on the scale this morning. Up a tich..177.2 That 175 and below has become like the elusive target of my life. It just doesn't seem to matter what I do, I can't get below it. I did not log my food, but thought I ate a little more to offset the workout. Today...I TRACK.

NSG- Have a New Years party to attend. We just bought both a fruit and veggie tray.

jcatron243 12-30-2014 11:16 AM

Happy Tuesday!!

Great job on the 5k Mindy! MM~I really need to clean my eating up too! Kris~Let's get this going together!!!

Here I go again!!! I am going to take this on with my whole heart and soul.

Working on my workout plan today:
I am going to run with Tommy. (Makenna too if she will). At Crossfit yesterday Tommy did a running drill: 10 meter run, rest; 20 meter run, rest; 30 meter run; rest; (up to 60 meters) each run was to be done within a minute. I think we may do that today.
For my circuits I think I will be doing a similar workout to yesterday:
.25 mile run, 5 regular pushups, 15 situps, 10 wallball shots, 5 lateral pulldowns (negatives). I will repeat 5 times today.
I also want to go visit my family today. My sister is heading back to Maryland tomorrow.

W 100 oz
E MOVE!! Follow my plan!
E No whites at night, No wine tonight.
D Work on my long term goals.

jcatron243 12-30-2014 10:33 PM

Good evening ladies!!!
I got in a good workout today. Running outside is so nice! I may go for a long run tomorrow (5k to start). It is going to be cold, but gorgeous.

I bought Bob Harpers book, the "Skinny Rules" (I think that is the name) today. It was an interesting read. I am going to start incorporating the "rules" into my everyday life. (Bob Harper is one of the Trainers or something on "The Biggest Loser", I don't watch the show) Some of them I already do. I really like that it isn't denying anything to me. Portions, "cheat" meal, no carbs after lunch. Stuff that I already know works for me. I won't really be counting calories, but making sure I get in enough fiber, protein, and water. Lots of veggies and fruits too. I am excited to see how following this new set of rules works for me. One thing I am not sure of is the "don't drink your calories" rule. I love my green smoothies.

mothermavis 12-31-2014 06:56 AM

Morning all!

Headed to the hospital in about 15 minutes, but wanted to say hi!

Jeni, Hope you got back to see your family. I am jealous of running outside, I am jealous of running at all! It's literally like 10 degrees today.

Mindy, enjoy your party:carrot:. I am planning on logging everything too. do you use my fitness pal?

Kris, hope your short day is productive!

W 100
E none planned today
E we will see what i feel like when i get home
D Off to get my knee fixed. Gonna be bionic! LOL

mtiger 12-31-2014 08:40 AM

Jeni-Keep us posted on Bob's rules and how they work. I am a BL fan, have seen every single episode. I have several BL DVD's also. I am interested.

MM- Good luck at the hospital. I'm sure it will all go well. On to recovery. I log my food in WW since I am following that plan. 26 points a day.

Worked out again last night with the bestie. 3 days in a row. Got in 2.5 miles and some good shoulder work. Scale?? I hate that thing. 177.2 still. Gotta really think about some goals.

jcatron243 12-31-2014 11:08 AM

I totally didn't make it to see my sister off. I feel bad, but I did spend more time with her this time she was here than the last time.

MM~I hope everything went well for you! I love My Fitness Pal.

Mindy~I will keep you posted.

Happy New Years Eve! Tonight will be a great night! Tommy is off to the Y for a sleepover. Will, Makenna, and I will ring in the new year! (unless Mak goes to a friends).

W~ Rule: Drink 16oz of water before every meal.
E~Running today. planning on 5k
E~Rule: 88 grams of Protein, 40 grams of Fiber, Eat berries and an Apple everyday.
D~Today I will go grocery shopping for good healthy food.