Old 12-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #271  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls.

Did you see me? Rolling down the street? I fell WAY off the wagon. Giving myself a night to check out and not clean, not plan, not worry tonight. Back here tomorrow morning with a cup of coffee to regroup and catch up.

Love ya chicks.

KJ
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #272  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Kris- You will come back stronger than ever.

Work party last night. I survived. Ate dinner beforehand so I just had a few nibbles at the party. I am proud. Gym today with hubby.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:16 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Mindy, great job planning for party!

Kris, we are here for you!

I have come to the conclusion, I still cannot outrun by poor eating habits.

W 100 on my second big glass
E ran last night, yoga, abs upper body today
E pop, low carb
D I am in control
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:23 AM   #274  
mtiger

Wink

Went to the gym yesterday..had a great workout. Gained half a pound today. What gives with that?? Sometimes all I can do is shake my head in disbelief.

Started decorating yesterday...will continue today. We are also trying to go through our "stuff" and weed out some things. Combining two households has left us with too much "stuff."
Old 12-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #275  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

W - 66 oz of water
E - 30 mins minimum - 5 days a week.
E - mindful eating,soup once a day.
D -Get my head back in the game.

Hope I'm not coming down with something, I feel awful today, but have exercised and will put one foot in front of another, so much to do. I have been carpenter assitant to my dh, have just moved all my art stuff to the new studio and must patch and paint my old studio. The old studio will be my ds room/guest room. I've decided to go throgh my art material prior to putting them away. Two of my art buddies helped me move in yesterday, very sweet.

Will try to catch up with personals later.A big hello Mavis, Mindy, Kris & Jeni

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 12-08-2014 at 11:54 AM.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #276  
The Sky is the Limit!

Default G2

This is my soft place to land. You girls are awesome!

Mindy - thought about you as I learned my son landed a second pastime job at a medical center. Had few days of hope for a career change for him. Then found out he quit. These kids! I hope your DD is adjusting, and fired up, and knowing this move is just a bump in the road. Sometimes I their set backs are learning experiences for us! Gotta let them dig their way to the next big win. She will do fine. This is temporary. You just keep believing in her abilities to get stronger from this. On another note, itching the bike is a great option when the feet can handle impact. Not that I've exercised in the last 6 months, but my plantar fasciitis crAp eases up when I get the weight off my feet.

Jen - so glad you are enjoying coaching. Lots of parents don't have the patience, or can't figure out how to enjoy it. Kudos to you! How did things turn out with the school work stuff? And your friggin sister. Oye! Thank goodness she is the exception to the rule in your family and those little ones are surrounded with love from everyone else. You and your mamma are amazing!

Mavie - you are my sunshine! Thank you for checking on me. It's been a whirlwind the last couple weeks. It's easy to get complacent and I have been a zombie in my world the last few weeks. Gonna fight my way out. Hugs to you. Thought about you on thanksgiving wih the pops gone. But he was there. He's everywhere now. I hope you do what I said and celebrate hos life through yours. Missed ha! I'm back. I promise.

Diana - I thought about you this weekend and started googling multimedia paintings on YouTube. What fun! I also found a color book and colored pencils. It's not mandala, but I'm hoping I can crush a creative urge with both. Sending hugs for you through the season too. Missing our boys is a heavy weight to carry around. Like Mavie, I found some help through counseling and mess for a awhile. Sometimes it takes working on being acutely aware of ourselves and our perceptions of the world to understand how to breakout of sadness. I wish you all the strength and clarity to pull out of the funk.

To everyone else, hello, welcome, and get back here!

My life updates
First thanksgiving at my new house. 25 people. Was great and exhausting.
Kids that whole weekend, so my house was full for 5days straight. I'm a little spoiled during normal weeks, so this was a bit overwhelming.
House docs finally signed TODAY and should fund by Wednesday. Lots of stupid set backs but it's all behind us now. Just waiting for a check, albeit a small one.

TODAY spent all day responding to emails related to damage from a crazy rain storm that destroyed roads last week. Then sat through a four hour meeting that should have been 2 hours max. Then, exhausted, whacked my head getting myself and my stuff in car to leave work. Drove away with tears welling up. Called hubby to tell him I was on the way home, and he asked me the nightly question: what I wanted to do about dinner. I lost it. I couldn't respond to one more question and I couldn't make one more decision. I hung up. My phone rang 2 minutes later, it was my genetisist. My results for Lynch Syndrome are positive. My friggin results are positive. I have a life time ticket to colonoscopy town. It's been a trying day.

Funny thing is, I'm not freaked out. I'll do all the check ups. Probably have the female plumbing removed, and move on.its gonna be okay.

Now about the smoking.... Still ignoring this, but info above is a wake up call.

Sorry for the Marathon post. Now that I'm caught up, I'll stay caught up here. Love you ladies to the moon. be good to yourselves.

Last edited by Nixmom; 12-08-2014 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:30 AM   #277  
mtiger

Wink

Kris- You will be fine...I will be fine...WE WILL BE FINE!!! COlons, breasts, lady parts, the Cancer demon. We will fight and be proactive. We will be healthy and happy and Girl, gotta get active. I know it's hard to fit in, but it's a must. I am gonna challenge you to walk everyday...even just for 10 min. That Tinkerbell thing is calling our name. We must prepare.

Decorated tree last night, no gym. My foot was sending shooting pains throughout, and I didn't even work out. UUGG!!! Weight 177.2 Why?? Who knows.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:36 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hi ladies! My life in 4 letters, snow! Lots and lots of snow! Ugh.

Kris, Thank God that house is sold, any check is better than making another payment! It's gone! We have missed you! Mindy is right, Tink is calling our name! I am also looking at Disney marathon in January 2016. This one in Florida, any takers?

Mindy, I love your Christmas train! So cute! Girl, let your foot heal!

Diana, I saw soup? Once a day, love me some soup! Hope you feel better!

Jeni, How are you doing?

Me. Meh!
W100
E Went to the Y this AM, 30 minutes on the elliptical, all I had time for, have to be good enough!
E Crappy lunch, but not bad otherwise
D Enjoy every day
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:05 AM   #279  
The Sky is the Limit!

Thank you Mavie and Mindy. Always the faithful encourages, you two! I promise to get moving. Who is watching for the sign up? I know the tink registration is always WAY early in the year. Let's do it!

New City council members seated tonight. The majority has changed from pro-contract labor to pro-employee. A great thing for morale, but it may prove to be a return to mirco management. Always a trade off in politics, but I'll take it.

215.2 today. First weigh in in a while. Not horrible, but need to NS like crazy!

Headed to bed. Thanks for being here ladies. I hope everyone is warm and happy!
Old 12-10-2014, 07:24 AM   #280  
mtiger

Wink

Well I am still kringling the house. I want it done..today. Need to have a sense of organization back in my life. School is chaos so maybe home can be comfortable. Moved my DD horses back in last night. Now I have feeding chores in the morning. Gym tonight...yes GYM. Walking seems to stretch the foot, so I'm gonna try. There is always the bike as back-up. 177.2 still.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #281  
Calorie Counter

Hi everyone!!

I know it has been so long since I checked in. I have been working, a lot. plus basketball.

Basketball is fun! My girls have improved so much over the past month!! We wont win a game, but my goal is to have fun!

My weight is still at 170. BUT my pants are fitting much better. I am okay with that!

Today is a day off (I have had four days off since The Saturday after Thanksgiving. and all 12 hour shifts ) BUT I am picking my sissy up from college! It is a 3.5 hour drive for me, one way. So I am going to hit the road and turn up the tunes!!!

Time for me to head out!! I will check in soon!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #282  
mtiger

Wink

Well Christmas is almost here and I am nowhere near the 160's. I never manage to actually reach a goal. Why is that? Why is the scale stuck at 177? What do I have to do? Good news is I feel good (except the foot) look decent in clothes and I am still in the 170's..no 80's here. Guess I just keep trying and hoping for a little downward movement sometime. Gym tonight for me.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:31 PM   #283  
DIANA

W - 66 oz of water
E - mindful eating & NO p.m. snacking!
D -One day at a time.

Well my weight is hanging at at 161, cannot seem to get it together. I've been p.m. snacking and that alone is enough for me to gain weight so --- gotta start saying NO! DS is due in tonight, that is full of axiety, for several reasons. The one thing I can control is my reaction to them, and breath!

Will try to get back for personals----Hugs to All.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #284  
DIANA

Mavis, looking back to do personals and saw you had a camelbak. My ds took one to college because of city water and loves it. I'll be buying more filters on my next shopping trip to town. Our snow was so early, it sure is pretty but a lot of extra work.

Mindy, a spain can be harder to heal than a break(so i am told). Have you been told to ice or other therapy. I think you need to ask santa for foot message(hoping that would feel good and be good for your sprain). Darn stuck weight, hope you see a woosh soon.

Kris, the coloring book and colored pencils sounds wonderful. They make so many adult coloring books now, some are educational as well. Thanksgiving at your new house sounded joyful, and noisy. It reminds me of family gatherings while growing up. Bummer to hear of your Lynch Syndrome test results. Sorry you have one more health issue to monitor.

Jeni, good to hear all are having fun at basketball. The schedule and games really do keep one busy.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #285  
DIANA

W - 66 oz of water
E - mindful eating & NO p.m. snacking!
D -Plan for Success!

Doing fine with ds home, better than anticipated. Reviewing lots of dieting success materials I have accumulated, hoping to incorporate just one more thing.

Hope everyone is doing well