Old 10-25-2014, 08:35 AM   #166  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Today is weigh-in at WW. Not expecting much. I still haven't taken off the 4 pound gain (for no apparent reason). Can't seem to get a break. hey here's an idea. Maybe I should actually track my food and see how much I am really eating. That handful of candy corn, or trail mix..huh.

Need to get in a run today...before MSU smacks UofM.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:21 PM   #167  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Hi Chickies, I am back with head back on and a plan of attack in order. Thanks for not giving up on me.

Welcome Mom and Zabela!

W - 50 oz of water, end dinner with hot tea
E - 30 mins/day minimum, but try for 60 mins of activity/day.
E - No whites (very hard, but will try my best) & NO P.M. snacking
D - I choose good habits to honor my body & a CAN DO attitude.

My goal is to feel and look fantastic for my big 6 ----0 birthday mid Feb. The pisces in me is tired of fighting against the stream , time to align & enjoy the ride!

Hugs to all
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:36 PM   #168  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Good to see you Diana!!!! So glad your back, headstrong, and ready to enjoy the ride!

So I am cleaning out my office and found a notebook that I started (never finished) from a couple of years ago. It was the beginnings of my notes from Dr. Phil's Life Strategies book. I felt compelld to share here, as you ladies are my rock. It screams volumes about me today, still. And I feel the need to share, so bare with me.

The assignment: What is the story you will tell yourself if you don't make meaningful changes after reading and studying this book?

7/15/12 A letter to me. (did you catch that date?)

Kris = you have continually met your goals in the area of work. You have been promoted. You now run the department; a goal you set for yourself 5 years ago and you are teaching others to set their paths. Somehow you still can't grasp how important YOU are to your family and friends and that you fail not only them, but yourself, when you let yourself down. For OVER 10 YEARS you have been talking about - not doing - the things YOU (not work related) want for you. This was just more proof that you like excuses, you are really happy as a luke warm, unhealthy, uncommitted woman.

You wasted precious years with your son, husband, and stepkids convincing them you would ---(fill in the blank - lose weight, hike, run a 5k, get out of debt....) someday. You wanted to be the outgoing partner, wife, friend, mom, but instead you spent your time smoking, on the computer, working, obsessing, and basically HIDING. Its too bad its too late and you opted out of yourself and your potential to "almost" get by. Wish you had bucked up the "last" time you read this book and set goals for yourself. You wouldn't be back here now. Are you? Are you back here now?

It was too hard, wasn't it - life? You were stressed out, tired, broke, resentful, busy. Which excuse? Which goal did you paste the excuse to in order to mask it? What was the "reasonable" distraction this time? You work harder and no one notices? You did more in one area so this other area should have been easy? You deserved a break? You were emotionally drained? We knew this was bound to end up right here, because you gave up before you started. You missed the opportunity again. You didn't have the guts to face the truth about you, about how hard change would be, and then fight for you.

Girls - I could have written this, this morning. Nothing has changed. NOTHING. It's ridiculous. I am done playing grab-*** with the weightloss and even my overall health. Reading what I wrote 2 years ago is an embarrassment. Particularly since I've packed on 15lbs since then. I am sure some of this feels like you wrote it (maybe not) but please, please, please stay in the fight. Fight for you. I am coming out swinging. Thank you ladies for being in my corner while I slept through the last two plus years of my life. Break time is over. Game is on, with a vengeance. I have to be accountable. I have to earn my way to potential.

Where ever you are in this fight for health - losing, learning, maintaining - don't give up. If you get derailed put on the brakes. Don't let two years, or ten years pass while you just continued to ignore the hard parts.

I hope you all get good rest tonight, are enjoying vacations, and healing and find yourself re-energized when the sun comes up tomorrow. I am going to get myself together for an early rise tomorrow morning to meet my mind in a peaceful place and start the week right.

Love you ladies to the moon. Be good to yourselves.

Last edited by Nixmom; 10-26-2014 at 11:48 PM.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:49 PM   #169  
Calorie Counter

Kris~ We are in this together. We will fight together! We will have win's and losses, and WE WILL be healthy and live longer for it!

After going to the doctor on Friday~I have gained 18 pounds since July. WTF??? So the doctor is giving me a month to start losing before changing my med. From Zoloft (which I am doing amazing on) to Welburtrin(sp). Anyhow, I am (like Kris) back with a vengeance. DH and I are both hitting the workouts. I am using what I am learning at Tommy's crossfit classes and incorporating it into my own workouts. We are going to No whites at night, and low calories.

Will and I start coaching Makenna's bball team tomorrow! I am totally excited to get into that again. BUSY BUSY BUSY. We are helping with Tommy's team too. So BBall two times a week, crossfit two times a week, and everything else in between!

Ladies it is back to the basics for me and DH. We know what will work, we need to stick to it.

Love you all!!!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:26 AM   #170  
mtiger

Wink

Well girls..hanging in the 170's isn't all THAT bad, but it is not what I want. I try and try and try. This body is a mystery. Things that work for others don't work for me. Something that worked last week doesn't work this week. All I know is I can't give up. Maybe once menopause finally comes I will level out with the weight fluctuations.

On a non-weight note, I ran 30 minutes yesterday. One of my fastest times in months. It felt good. Then I did weight training for legs. It also felt good. The 2 pound gain today can go jump off a cliff.

I want to be in the 160's for Christmas. That is my goal. There...I said it.

Kris- Wish we lived close so we could work out together. My BFF was the biggest help to me when I was losing the first 70 pounds. I miss her. She is still my BFF but we don't get to see each other like we used to.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:01 AM   #171  
Calorie Counter

Well the scale said 168 today. I am going to get back to 145 so here I go ladies.

Doctors suggestions:
Use the South Beach Diet cookbook. (NOT THE DIET PLAN)
Running at least 30 minutes (she knows I am a runner) Run at a comfortable pace.
Strength train (my weakest)
Stretch

My workout plan for this week is going to look like this:
10 minute run warm up~
10 of each Squats, Pushups, Situps, Run .25 mile.
REPEAT 5 Times (I am going to time this part of the workout each time I want to get a better time)
Finish running until I hit the 30 minute mark.
5 minute cool down walk
5 minute Abs
5 minute Arms
5 minutes stretch

I am thinking this workout routine will take about 65 minutes.

W: 80 oz of water.
E: The above workout
E: 1550 cals No whites at night
D: Give myself a break.

Editing: That workout was AWSOME! It was so tough! I was right overall it took 65 minutes. The core workout was 25:32. I ended up running 2.56 miles. (BTW I did do knee pushups )

Last edited by jcatron243; 10-27-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:56 AM   #172  
Calorie Counter

Good morning ladies. Today is a workday, So I am making an abbreviated Workout of the Day (WOD)

10 Wallballs
10 Lunges
10 Biceps Curls
25 Jumping jacks
Repeat 5 times

Scale said 169.8 today. I expected a higher weight today since I am so sore from my workout yesterday. (Plus it is 2:15am)

Basketball practice was great. I wish we had more time to practice though.

Yesterday's WEED was spot on!

W~64 oz
E~WOD probably 15 minutes
E~1540 cals, no whites
D~It is only one day. Avoid negativity.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:37 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Sorry I missed a few days. Life etc.

Diana: back. Glad you are returning with plan.

Kris: that letter hits home with me except the work part. Hang in there. How is the ns going?

Jeni: I can't believe it is basketball coaching again. This year has flown by. That workout sounds tough! You got this though.

Mindy: congrats on the run. Good luck on the food tracking. It's funny how the little things add up.

Mavis: I hope your vacation is going awesome!

Zambella: are you there? We don't bite!

Izzy,Nicky & mom hope your well.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:45 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

So my last few days maintaining. Actually down on scale. 227.8 from 235 on 10/19. Today is my day off. I need to get moving! Too much Jammie time.
Next week I am taking a staycation to work on my house. 1 room a day. Really work on it. No kids to distract me only myself. I also am going to call the counsellor and book an appt today for next week.

Weed 4 today:
W64
E: 45 minute walk run
E: under 1900 5 colors
D: I believe In me.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:06 AM   #175  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Evening girls.

First couple days back to work are under my belt. Still treading eater to catch up. No personals tonight but wanted to report that NS has been good. 216 this morning. Worked 12 yesterday and 14 today. Heavy hearted assignments. Just maintaining control of eating is my goal this week.

Hope you we sleeping soundly right now. May not be back until Friday for a check in.

Be good to yourselves!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:29 AM   #176  
mtiger

Wink

Things at work only get worse and more stressful everyday. It is not a fun place to be these days. My weight is up and I can't seem to seem to stop it. It has a life of it's own. I am just hoping it is a TOM thing, since it "should" be right now. With ole Mr. Menopause lurking, I never know what to expect. However, a five pound gain was NOT in the picture. Hope it leaves soon.

Off to H***...otherwise known as work.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #177  
Calorie Counter

Carma~I Totally understand about life getting crazy. I love getting time without the kids to work on things. I believe in you too!

Mindy~I hate it when the scale goes up for no apparent reason. Keep up with the food journaling. Maybe you will find that you are eating more sodium than you think. I'm so sorry that you are having a tough time at work.

Kris~Long work days suck. Find a way to sneak in some you time. If nothing else to help wash away some stress. Keep up with the nutrisystem and find a way to get in a walk.

MM~Missing you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scale was at 167.6 today. Yesterday food wasn't that great since we had employee appreciation day and they gave each of us a 12in pizza (thin crust though). I ate most of it throughout the day. Water was terrible as well. I forgot my water bottle and we were out of cups at the water cooler.

My workout was fun yesterday, the whole family did it. Well except Tommy. He had his crossfit class yesterday. He was our time keeper.

Today my workout plan is the same as Mondays. I am also doing some Negative weight training. (say you are doing a bicep curl: bring your weights up normally, then slowly bring them down. It should take 25-30 seconds to get to the starting position.)

W 80 oz
E 65 minutes
E 1540 cals no whites
D stay moving. House work!
Old 10-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hey everybody!

Back from vacay, just a quick fly by as I have a ton to do.

Had a great time visiting my son. A little upset because he switched jobs over a year ago and held it from us, but he is doing extremely well and says he did not want to tell me until I could see it for myself. He seems happy, I wish it was here, but happy and healthy is all I want for my boys. I'll see him again in January.

I see we are all restarting. I am with you! Going to aim for 11 pounds by Christmas. Back under 150! I am at 160 today.

W 100
E Not sure, supposed to run tonight, but am exhausted. ***Back t say, I ran!)
E POP Whole 30, I was perfect today!!
D Life is good, ignore the Hubby stress. (He thinks he can force the boys (who are men!) to stay here for work by telling them how disloyal they are to leave. We disagree vehemently on this)

Last edited by mothermavis; 10-29-2014 at 09:42 PM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #179  
DIANA

W - 50 oz of water, end dinner with hot tea
E - 30 mins/day minimum, but try for 60 mins of activity/day.
E - No whites (very hard, but will try my best) & NO P.M. snacking
D - I choose good habits to honor my body & a CAN DO attitude.

Tues I went to town and didn't do as well on water and that makes me hungry at night. Something I can work on for next town day. Mostly walking, will try to add some variety soon. Sugar is in everything, it is hard to avoid, but trying to lessen/eliminate is still a food goal. This a.m. I weighed back in the high 50's (down 3.5 pounds), so I'm committed to JUST DO IT!

Ladies, this is the best time of year to re-commit. Holiday goodies/gifts have caused havic & weight goal in the past. That will NOT happen this season.

Hugs to All.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #180  
DIANA

Kris and Carma, Thanks for the warm welcome back. I had some mental additude to adjust and some sadness to shake. Feeling lots better.

Jeni, TFS - "Doctors suggestions: Use the South Beach Diet cookbook. (NOT THE DIET PLAN)". I have gotten my SBD cookbook out as well.

Mindy & Mavis - I know you both will get what you want for Christmas (your goal weight)

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 10-29-2014 at 09:50 PM.