Old 11-04-2014, 08:11 AM   #196  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Did cardio kickboxing DVD last night. Apparently it wasn't enough. I gained back that same pound today. 178.6. Can't seem to get lower.

Today is election day so I have the day off. Going to vote, see the eye doc and PT. Hopefully I will squeeze in a workout also.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #197  
Calorie Counter

Mindy~great job on that run!! I'm sorry that pound crept back up.

Basketball practice was absolutely great!! I got in a great workout with the girls. I didn't do to bad with my food, drank all my water, I beat the hungry monster AND I avoided the wine!!! Scale was at 169.8.

Today:
W 80 oz
E 65 minutes
E 1700 cals
D I have conferences today. I want to be nice to Tommy's teacher.

Editing: I decided to do a straight 5k today. It felt really good. It took me a while, but I got it done! (50 minutes including my cool down, total miles was 3.31) Then I spent 15 minutes doing a circuit of Squats, Planks or bench, and situps. 5 circuits total.

Last edited by jcatron243; 11-04-2014 at 01:43 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:26 AM   #198  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Still here, just slammed. REALLY looking forward to a catch up with you all. Maybe tomorrow
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:00 AM   #199  
Calorie Counter

Hi Kris! I hope you are still taking care of yourself!

So I have been organizing my daily calories in (logging them into MFP)/approximately calories burned during workouts/weight everyday. I see where my weight fluctuates, but it really isn't changing much. I am weight training more than I ever have, so I know that in itself will slow down the weight loss (at first) but I should see NSV's. (like my pants fitting better). I guess that is my first real goal. My pants should fit better by Thanksgiving.

I ended up eating 1785 calories yesterday. Above my goal but it is closer. Water was right on target. Conferences went well, but I did ask Tommy's teacher to be more positive. She has brought his self-confidence down so low this year. She told him in September he wasn't going to pass reading. He is used to multiple choice tests on his comprehension tests, now the new standardized test is short answer. So even though he is reading at nearly a 6th grade level he is not passing reading because he isn't used to short answer. (He is in 3rd grade BTW) So now I will be teaching him skills that help him with the short answer tests. Because she doesn't have time to work on that in class.

W 64 oz
E circuit training 15-25 minutes
E 1700 cals
D no wine tonight its a worknight.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:24 AM   #200  
mtiger

Wink

So I got in a run last night and lost that pound....again. So is the only way I can lose by running everyday?? I don't know. Well I will get in NO workout tonight since we have conferences from 4-8:30. I hate these nights. Way too long. Any how, we shall see what the scale says tomorrow. 177.4 today..178.4 tomorrow??

Jeni- Testing is a horrible thing. We give a standardized test in April that we have no idea what it will even look like, or what will be on it. It is a transition test before Smarter Balance kicks in. How do we prepare for that. All I can do is teach my butt off and try to cover good content. Not fun.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Me too Kris. Ugh,

Wish me luck this weekend ladies. 15k this weekend! Not sure I am ready, but I will finish come **** or high water!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:54 AM   #202  
Calorie Counter

Mindy~ I know that running is essential for my weight loss. I lose steadily if I run everyday, but it isn't possible at this point. I hate standardized tests. I totally understand not knowing what is on the test, or how the layout is. I even understand how difficult it is for his teacher since she is teaching a 2/3 grade split class. BUT, All of Tommy's practice tests are multiple choice (which he scores 100% on), but the test she is basing his grade on is short answer. If he was practicing short answer tests with each book he reads, maybe just maybe, he will understand how to answer the questions on the graded test. Absolutely none of his practice tests are being used for his comprehension grade. What am I doing to help him prepare for his test? I am reading the book with him and preparing a short answer test to give him. I may be wrong but I believe that is the best way to prepare for this style of a test. If the program isn't the right one to prepare him for what he is being graded on, shouldn't he use a different program?

MM~good luck in the 15k!

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I was at 1900 cals by the end. I got in about 50 oz of water, but I didn't do any workout. I got home and dishes and dinner were priority. I'm not sure how tonights dinner is going to go because we have basketball practice for Tommy. I'm hoping Will and I can get in a game as a workout Todays weight: 170.4
T
W 64 oz
E basketball~40 minutes
E 1700 cals
D avoid the negative people!

Last edited by jcatron243; 11-06-2014 at 05:55 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:34 AM   #203  
mtiger

Wink

Jeni- Testing is evil. It is never good no matter what type of test it is. However, a teacher should grade students on what they have taught them. Is it intended to assess what they have learned. If the teacher is not giving them help and practice with that type of testing I don't get it. Our Social Studies test have short answer questions and I show the kids throughout the chapter how to go back and find the information they to write a complete answer. They need to practice that.

Long night with conferences. I made it through. Had another issue with crazy principal though. I need to get away from her..she is toxic. Bo workout so weight stands at 178 again this morning. I am hating this weight loss journey right now.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:59 AM   #204  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

My focusing power to weed are certainly being tested this week. I am getting an average of 6 miles stepping in per day(so moving) but struggling to get 30 mins of exercise completed. Will have to try again in a few weeks as winter settles in and there is less to do. Doing well with no pm snacking, last night was challenging ---so wanted to nibble.

Need a better strategy for upcoming sugar laden potlucks --Suggestions PLEASE.

Blessings to All

W - 50 oz of water during the day and 16 oz available when I sit to watch tv
E - 30 mins of activity/day - 5 days a week
E - Try for No whites & NO P.M. snacking
D - I choose to honor my body with exercise and healthy foods.

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 11-06-2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: sp
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:32 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Diana, make and bring something you can eat. Use the smallest plate available. Take some of what you made and some veggie dishes. If you are standing/mingling seltzer with lemon/lime/orange looks like you are partaking and keeps your hands too busy for a plate or to accept hor d'oeurves that might pass. Desserts....just take two or three bites of one good dessert and let it go.

Mindy, any options to move to a different area to get away from evil principal?
You are doing awesome!

Jeni, I remember those tough days trying to prep my kids. I did not have to deal with common core though. You have my respect!

Kris, hope all is well!

Well, I am happy to say, in addition to my runs, I made it to spinning twice this week!

W 100
E None, tapering for the 15k. Plan is stretching tonight.
E OP
D One choice at a time, log all my food in MFP
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:23 AM   #206  
mtiger

Wink

Can't move until next school year. that is my plan to though..move to a different building after 17 years. What a hassle.

No workout last night so weight is still at 178. Going to the gym tonight with my hubby.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #207  
Calorie Counter

Mindy~I hope things workout. I totally empathize with having a boss that is toxic. Tommy and I will get through this year, he will be better for it. I honestly don't think this teacher can handle the 2/3 split class. Please know that I do understand that teachers aren't the problem (well maybe this one is), I hate that the teaching has to be toward tests. I appreciate teachers because you all have the toughest job in the world.

MM~I hope you have a great 15k!!!!! You are doing so great with your workouts!!!!!

Diana~ strategy one~eat before you go, or at minimum drink 16 oz of water before you go. strategy 2~ take a veggie tray and a protein tray (meat and cheese or deviled eggs). Enjoy small bits of the sugary stuff but not full portions of each.

Yesterday was awful. I know better, but I skipped my afternoon snacks so I ended up starving and raiding the Halloween candy bowl. We also had pizza for dinner because it was a rush rush evening. (calories for the day: 3344 ) I need to get that under control because the next three months are going to be terribly busy. We have Crossfit Mondays and Tuesdays(changing Tommy's days to accommodate his basketball games), basketball games on Mondays and Fridays, practice on Thursdays. I need to get organized!

Today's weight 169.6

W 80 oz
E run 30 minutes. busy day today
E 1700 cals. I will do it
D organize healthy meals for the next week.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:54 AM   #208  
Calorie Counter

weight 171.2 too high of calories yesterday (2200) no workout because of my busy busy day.

W 80 oz
E get in a run before all of the "running around"
E 1700 cals
D I've done it before, I WILL do it again.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:48 AM   #209  
mtiger

Wink

Went to the gym Friday with hubby. Had a so-so run and then some weight training. Lost a little bit for Saturday weigh-in. I am up 1 pound from my lowest. Going to the gym today so hopefully I can keep losing. Yesterday I did nothing except go to the mall and grade papers. Oh and watch my dear Spartans hand the win to some Ohio State Buckeyes. WHAH!!!
Old 11-09-2014, 08:31 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 285/280/140

Height: 5"8

Lightbulb Newbie

Good morning/afternoon/evening!
I included all of that in case you're somewhere different in the world.
NEWBIE ALERT**
So I literally just signed up by chance because well I was googling ways to lose weight and saw this site. Now I've lost 5 pounds so far and I have 135 to go. My current weight is 280 the heaviest I've been in my entire life. I'm 27 and it's gotten to the point where I cannot accept this any longer. I've been heavy my entire life I was a 10 pound baby(my mom had a c section no one is pushing that out!) lol, and I grew up cute and chubby! Unfortunately the memo about chubby not being cute past 10 years old was missed by me! I have to mention that I didn't have a stomach once I shed my baby weight when I reached high school my thighs and breast however were always big. I was around 160 when I started high school by the time I graduated I was around 180, the first year at university, it was all downhill from there, I had broken up with my first love and proceeded to eat my feelings. My parents noticed and even remarked that I had never been that big before, but I just didn't have the relationship to really bear my feelings so I kept it to myself. Time went by my father died and that almost did me in, I ate and ate and ate and just didn't care. I was too much I was horribly grief stricken and I didn't know how else to cope. Relying on food when something traumatic happens has always been there I just didn't recognize it until I got much older. So here I am, 27 and extremely overweight and not feeling as good as I should. My family's medical history and my own "enough is enough" moment is why I decided I'm going to lose weight. This is years if poor eating habits I need to break, it will be tough, but I need to do it for my own sake and future. My goal weight is 140 pounds, I'm 5"8 and I believe this would be ideal for me. If anyone has any tips or suggestions about curbing cravings, and meal recipes please share.
Thanks for reading,
GoldenGirl21
GoldenGirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote