Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 05:16 AM   #181  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

leaves. We would be glad to have you join.

Last edited by Delphi; 04-29-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:55 AM   #182  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Delphi congrats on becoming 13.1!! Did you get your bumper sticker yet? -- What an awesome experience !
Old 04-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #183  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I am down nearly 4 pounds from yesterday. The flood gates opened yesterday and my body just released all the water it has been hanging on to for the past 2 weeks. Felt good to see 158.6 on the scale, but I am tired after getting to go to potty all night long. -- I hope this will stick, because tomorrow marks an end date to a few challenges, my goal was 159.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:16 AM   #184  
There is no spoon!

That is awesome Sum38!! on the big swoosh! Bet it did feel great to finally see the scale cooperating with you..eh? Good for you!!! And yes, I did pick up a magnet at the expo before the race. I have it on my filing cabinet by my desk..lol!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

leaves - welcome!
sum - AWESOME on the weight loss!
It is awesome both your kids want to be doctors. I know this may not be an option you want to take, but I want to throw it out there regardless. When I went to school, my parents had just filed bankrupcy (I blame my dad) and no one would touch them with a loan. Obviously they didn't have any money, and well, unfortunately, my dad was an owner/operator so his gross income was grossly inflated (they don't consider operating expenses and taxes.) I was on my own. But, being on my own helped get me through. I was able to get a couple of scholarships and I was able to obtain a few grants. I did have to take out a few loans (which by the way, I highly recommend staying AWAY from Sallie Mae at ALL costs!!!!! I'd be happy to explain later if you'd like.) But, my scholarships and grants got me through community college for the first two years, you know, to get the basic required courses out of the way. After that, I transfered to a university. My scholarships and grants covered a little, but that was when I had to take out my loans. But...I had knocked away 2 years at community college AND had saved what would have amounted to $90K had I went straight to the university. Sure, I didn't WANT to go to community college, but sometimes, you have to do what you have to do. Anyways, after all my grants and scholarships and all, the next year and an half at the university only cost me $50K....I crammed as many classes as I could in as short of time as I could and was working full time to boot. I managed to maintain a 3.9 AND get a dual major AND pass the LSATS to move onto law school. I don't know how law school would have went though, although I do know I was accepted with a substantial scholarship that would have put year one at only $18K in loans. I never made it that far however. I got pregnant and decided I'd rather be a mom than an attorney. Funny how life likes to do that to us from time to time. My point is, if there is a will, there is a way. I personally have my college debt, but given the circumstances, if I wanted to go to college, I had to do something about it. It sucks, but well, I learned a lesson on how to care for myself I would not have learned otherwise. And I learned Sallie Mae is the spawn of all things evil. I know this has to be stressful for you

ALL - thanks for your support over that...thing...the other day. The more I think about it, the more he pisses me off. I mean, seriously pisses me off. I used to be thin. I used to be athletic. I used to not have to worry about dieting or exercising or any of that. But life has a funny way of messing up a good thing from time to time. All it took was a dietary issue of lacking minerals and vitamins and one really bad car crash to cause me to pack on 140+ pounds. And it has taken me a little over 10 years to come to grips with it and want to do something about it. It could have happen to anyone. I guess what upsets me so much about it is, I didn't have a sour ourlook on obesity. I mean, aside from me, my entire family was obese, so I never really had a reason to call anyone out on it. Despite that, upon gaining the weight, I started hating myself and dug myself into a pit of dispair as I suddenly had to change what I was eating and was forced from a very active lifestyle to a VERY sedative one. Once I was mobile again, I was so down on myself, I didn't do anything but put more food in my maw and get lazier. If my situation had happened to him, someone who truly that disgusted, would he had been able to come to gripes with it and do something about it? Probably not. Yet he thinks he is better than me? Than all the people I know actively trying harder than they have ever tried at anything before? Yeah...no. The more I think about it, the more it REALLY ticks me off and wants me to keep going to prove to everyone like him that I AM better and if I am, so is everyone who fights this battle with me. I know it is petty. It just irks me. I mean, seriously. It is attitudes like that that help keep the epedimic the way it is because so many people fear public ridicule. Just...gah!

Delphi - You seriously do rock. I mean, just wow. I can't do more than an hour but half the time, can't even get that far. And I try. The fact you have so much on you and you still did it...just wow. True inspiration right there.

And...I am sad to announce my scale it slowly creeping back up. I mean, I was insanely busy this weekend, what with my mom breaking her leg and having to run a million errands for her and having a birthday cake I had to go out, but I never really deviated from plan. I had half a cupcake to make sure that the cake I was making for the birthday was up to par, but outside of that, I really was on plan the entire time, despite my time restraints. I can't help but wonder if it is true that some people gain weight just by looking at food. Either that or I am retaining water. Shouldn't be this late in the game, but I guess weirder things have happened. Regardless of the reason, it still sucks. BUT! I did have a NSV yesteray...I dropped two X's! I finally caved and bought some new clothes and found that I can now shop in the Misses (granted just barely) and can fit in a 1X!!!! Now that I am in clothes that fit, I am feeling pretty dang woohoo!

Last edited by zoesmom; 04-29-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #186  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Thank you for your thoughtful answer zoesmom!!! We have been entertaining all those ideas as well. -- My DD is working at a pharmacy right now; she is debating between becoming a PharmD or a Radiologist. If she decides to become a ParmD, we are hoping for tuition reimbursement. She had pretty high GPA and ACT scores and is getting a nice scholarship for now; it is the latter years I am worried about, when those PhD tuition fees kick in. -- I feel lucky; I worked throughout my college and I had some inheritance money from my dad and I have no college debt. -- I also went to law school in, but in Finland That schooling was for free. -- I have never practiced law; I became a mom and never looked back.

I am sorry to hear about your mom!!! Did she need pins and plates? -- Don't worry about that scale for now, all the stress hormones are going to make it go up anyways to you and your mom!

Last edited by Sum38; 04-29-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Is it too late to join this? I'd love to if I could

Sw 183
Gw 165
Old 04-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

thedollylala -SURE! Come on in!

Sum - no clue yet, She goes to the ortho surgeon today, so we should know a bit more by afternoon. Hopefully, a cast is all she needs. Then again, the woman was walking around on it for three hours before finally collapsing and not being able to move at all. I know stubborness runs in my family...but seriously?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #189  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I hope it will be a cast only! -- I am expert at breaking bones ( I have a very petite and frail frame); one year I broke 5 of them I completely shattered my ankle and 8 months later, because of my bumm ankle (it locked on me) and fell down a flight of stairs and broke 2 bones on my right wrist. Ankle was really difficult to heal; I have a 7 inch plate, 7 pins and three screws on it...my wrist did not need surgery; it was a breeze.

Again, good luck to mom!! Btw; she sounds Finnish I am the most stubborn person there is, a national trait
Old 04-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #190  
There is no spoon!

Holy broken bones batman! Sum38, you poor thing. Thats enough to make anyone scream. Glad to see you made it through all that with your positive attitude intact. Wow!

aboard thedallylala!

zoesmom ~ That is fanfreakintastic!! I'm thrilled you were able to buy new clothes as well. That is one of the parts of this journey we can enjoy fully and it just feels so dang good. I'm so happy for you! Also, so on point with your feelings about your "losergate". I agree fully and support you in any efforts to exact revenge...lol! Sorry to hear about your mother. Sending my thoughts and prayers your way for her quick healing and recovery.

Well I said 2 hours starting today. Welllllll, things did not go as expected. I got my gear on and headed out to the greenway to walk, not run, just walk a little and that just didn't work out so well. I probably got half a mile and I swear I could feel each individual muscle group throbbing in my legs. So, I headed back to the car and now back home. I've been doing a little research and I guess I need to fully recover from the race and as long as I'm sore, I'm not supposed to exercise ! I suppose I knew that, but I'm impatient when it comes to goals I set. When I want something done, I want it done. I don't know, just a little frustrating. Guess I surf the internet and watch some netflix and just try to relax and let my body do its recovery thing but it better hurry the heck up..lol! So, I will get my strength training in and some stretching and work on my abs, at least all of those muscle groups aren't sore and can take a beating. Hope you guys are having a great day thus far.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #191  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

Wow - reading this thread is super motivating!

Congrats Sum38 on the loss!

Delphi - Dude, good job on just getting out there and trying. AND congrats on being of the mindset that you can't wait until your recovery is done. What a great way to be feeling!

I'm psyched because I'm buying a bike today to start in on the Bike to Work challenge in May. I'm shooting for 2-3 days per week. It is a 22 mile round trip, so yeh, I definitely think it is going to help with seeing some pounds drop!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:17 PM   #192  

Delphi, what an inspirational post about your half marathon! Thank you for sharing your accomplishment and congratulations!!
Old 04-30-2013, 03:31 AM   #193  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the welcomes!

This thread is just the motivation I was needing. Especially all that fabulous running that's been going on, I'm trying to get into running more so it's great to read all these stories
Old 04-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #194  
There is no spoon!

Good Morning Everyone!

Leaves ~ We are so glad to have you. Any particular running plan that you are working on?

2fat2jump ~ Thank you kindly!

100mother ~ Did you get that bike? That sounds like a very good plan and a fun one at that. Its actually warming up around here now that you can get out on a bike. Sounds like a good idea to me. Is your route fairly linear and flat?

Well, I'm up and working this morning and a lot less sore but I can still feel a ping of pain on the tops of my feet and along the sides of my legs...just enough to make me question if perhaps one more day on the sidelines is best. Also, I fear TOM is lurking. It should be upon me any day now and I am not happy about that. He and I do not get a long at all. As I get older, TOM becomes insanely random. One day on, two days off, one day on, one day off...its so unpredictable it just makes the whole week maddening. Just come, do your thing and be gone...but nooooo, it has to be this whole dramatic presentation of madness! Argh!!! In any case, I'll get through it one way or the other but I am so not expecting a drop anytime this week. I was already up a pound today, so I'm pretty sure that number will keep rising.

Well you guys have an amazing day! I'm gonna get off here and actually get some work done.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #195  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Having a good week here
SW 161
GW 150
CW 157.2
Closed Thread