Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I'll write more once my day winds down (busy weekend) But.... Delphi - amazing. You made me tear up with happy joyful tears. You ROCK!

(and I see my buddy o' pal o' mine joined! YEAH!!! irish!)

Last edited by zoesmom; 04-28-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

You are amazing Delphi! I'm super impressed! Thanks for sharing the details!!
Old 04-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #168  

Awesome Delphi!! Such an inspiration to all of us! Well done, girl!
Old 04-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I want to join!!

SW:218
GW:198 (AHHHHH ONEDERLAND!!!!!)
Old 04-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #170  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

SuperHeroTeacher I hear ya, and I am so stressed out with you!

Both of my kids want to be doctors; yep I am proud of them, but unfortunately I have to pay for them. Loans are not an option because we supposing make too much money So for the next 9 years we have to come up nearly $50K per year to send them to school...I have no idea how we can pull that off...we don't have that sort of an income, the governments rules are insane
Old 04-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #171  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Delphi- I thought of you yesterday! I teared up and got a lump in my throat at the part when your dad grabbed your hand and you guys reached the finish line. I am sooo happy and proud for you!! That is an amazing accomplishment. I second zoesmom, You ROCK!!!

, Sinderelly! Glad to have you here with us!
Old 04-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #172  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Delphi!!! I am so freaking proud of you!!! I teared up as I was reading your post because I was so happy, proud, excited, and so much more for you. And then I got to this part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
I really felt like I needed to share this with you guys. I have struggled all my life with my weight. It has been such an exacerbating battle emotionally and physically. Today as I sit and reflect on the events of yesterday, I am just amazed. That barrier I created for myself has been broken. I can do it. No amount of reticule or weight will keep me from setting goals that people want to make you believe are unobtainable. Its about believing in yourself regardless of popular opinion. I suppose what I really got out of this whole adventure, is that I believe in me. I believe in my ability to tackle that which seems impossible. I believe that no matter what failures I face that I will persevere. And that ladies and gentlemen was my race !
And I started sobbing like a baby! I hope you know what an inspiration you are to so many of us, especially those of us at the beginning of our journey. I have severe arthritis in both of my knees, so the likelihood of me ever running a marathon is practically zero, but after reading about your experience this weekend I truly believe anything is possible!

I'm so thankful everyday that I stumbled upon this amazingly supportive and inspiring group of 3FCers - today YOU are my Super Hero Delphi!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #173  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Oh Delphi..... What an inspiration you truly are. Thank you for sharing your awesome accomplishment with us and I am so glad that your Dad shared it with you. You are right... that is one memory that lives with you forever
Old 04-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
Good Morning!

I really need to catch up. First of all thanks to everyone with the helpful advice on the whole cooking situation. I really appreciate all the info and advice. Secondly, to our new additions, its great to have you. Thirdly, this post will be long-winded and I do apologize for that in advance.

Well, as you guys know, yesterday was the big day for me. My day started at 2 am and literally ended at 5 pm when I passed out..lol! So, I did in fact complete my first half-marathon. There are a few things they do not tell you about these events. One, once we parked (at LP field) we then walked about half a mile to the shuttles that would take us to the start line or so I thought. We get dropped off and basically have to walk another mile and a half to get to the start line. Mind you it is pouring outside and did not stop. Matter of fact as I type this, the day after, its still frackin raining. I digress.

So basically before you even start the race you have already walked about 2 miles. Then when you finish, its another 1/1.2 miles to your vehicle, if you can find it.

I can not express how exciting it is before they start the race especially when we all got into the corrals. There was a moment of silence for the Boston Marathon runners and then an awesome rendition of Sweet Caroline to show our support. 30,000 people singing was an awesome thing to witness. The vibe was just overwhelming.

My perception going into the race was a bit judgmental I suppose but let me tell you, most were not your cookie-cutter figures. Just everyday folks, big, small, young, old. I suppose I just had this idea that only the elite did these things and I suppose I had this fear that my big butt would stand out in a sea of ultra-fit people and that was just not the case, so that fear subsided.

Anyways, it was about 51 degrees and that cold rain was relentless. My shoes felt like bricks they were so full of water. Standing there waiting to be let out of the gate, shivering I thought how the **** am I going to make it out of this? Honestly, even with all the excitement, I was miserable standing there with my teeth clattering...at least momentarily. But once our corral was called up and we are all standing there at the start line and everyone is woo-hooing and yelling, it all just became moot! They sounded the horn and we were off. Amazing!

So fast forward to mile 12. I ran my entire last mile. I can not explain the emotion that was coursing through my entire body when i could see the finish line in the distance. My legs felt like they would buckle underneath me at any moment. I just kept going. My dad grabbed my hand and through an enormous amount of tears, we crossed the finish line. I just broke down. It was one of the most emotional moments in my entire life. That feeling of accomplishment was so powerful, my silly butt just could not stop crying. I'm sure that my race finish pictures will be horrible..lol!

I really felt like I needed to share this with you guys. I have struggled all my life with my weight. It has been such an exacerbating battle emotionally and physically. Today as I sit and reflect on the events of yesterday, I am just amazed. That barrier I created for myself has been broken. I can do it. No amount of reticule or weight will keep me from setting goals that people want to make you believe are unobtainable. Its about believing in yourself regardless of popular opinion. I suppose what I really got out of this whole adventure, is that I believe in me. I believe in my ability to tackle that which seems impossible. I believe that no matter what failures I face that I will persevere. And that ladies and gentlemen was my race day!

So the race has photographers all along the race but those pictures won't be back for a few days. When they are posted I will share a few of those with you guys. I'm sure they will be interesting if not hilarious..lol! But here are a few before the race.

This was me all excited and DRY before the race.

This is a screenshot of my final race results.

This is a picture of us standing in our corral before start time.

All of that brought tears to my eyes!!! Congrats on finishing. I've only ever done 5k's and certainly say I didn't run the whole thing (although I tried on my first, I've gotten a bit lazy and therefore aren't running like I should). I'm so proud that my DD has done a 10K when she used to make fun of me and my 5k's.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #175  
Mary

S/C/G: 281/273.8/160

Height: 5'8"

So inspirational Delphi! I just started working towards running a 5K. I've always wanted to join my siblings when they run together and this time I'm going to do it!

I started my 5k stuff this week and started bootcamp and I think that made me gain a bit of weight 278.8 this week for me.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #176  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Awesome, Delphi!

Now, that just made me suck it up and stop belittling myself over an horrible dieting weekend (birthday and communion parties) and stop making excuses!

This week: I will stay OP and work out 5 days a week (3 cardio/2 weights).

BTW: My personal triamph was getting on rollerskates after 18 years (and being twice the weight I was then) and not killing myself. I actually enjoyed it again. What you do for your kids

Everyone have a great week!!!

Last edited by sheramama; 04-29-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:24 AM   #177  
I got this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
SuperHeroTeacher I hear ya, and I am so stressed out with you!

Both of my kids want to be doctors; yep I am proud of them, but unfortunately I have to pay for them. Loans are not an option because we supposing make too much money So for the next 9 years we have to come up nearly $50K per year to send them to school...I have no idea how we can pull that off...we don't have that sort of an income, the governments rules are insane
Yikes! Wow. Hoping the best for you all in that regard!!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:35 AM   #178  
I got this

LadyPurl- Yea, sometimes starting out with a new exercise regimen can cause you to retain water for a bit. I wish you luck with your 5k stuff and bootcamp! I bet you will have a better WI this Thursday!

Sheramama- I did not have a great weekend diet-wise either. I went to a wedding reception with an open bar and great food. Sounds like a great plan for this week! I can't remember the last time I wore rollerskates or rollerblades! That is definitely an awesome triumph. Have a great week too.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:40 AM   #179  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning Ladies and Gents!

First of all, I want you guys to know, you are my inspiration. Never forget that.

Amandie ~ Thank you kindly. Once again, I'll echo what everyone else has said and express my appreciation for starting this thread. This site can work for you and can inspire you but when you find a good group of people to share your daily fears and triumphs with on a more personal level, it can make the experience truly a successful one. I hope that wedding wasn't too much of a struggle. I'm sure you handled it just fine.

zoesmom ~ You know, you are a strong person. You faced that guy with grace and strength. I'm so proud of you for not letting that idiot deter you from what you were doing. That jackoff, will get his I'm sure. Karma is a ...well you know. I'm so proud that I know you and so proud of what you are accomplishing daily. I have faith in your ability to tackle anything. This journey is hard enough just making ourselves believe but you, in the face of all that, still kept going and for that you should be so proud. Congrats on staring it in the face and showing that you are the better person and that at the end of the day you will prevail regardless. You go girl.

sheramama ~ That is awesome. I believe this journey we are taking is full of those moments. Its about stepping out into unfamiliar waters and saying to **** with it and just doing it. I'm very proud of you. Kudos, putting on rollerskates again would probably have scared me a bit to. Bless the kids, they are always making us push our boundaries, but in the end it is a wonderful thing.

Ladypurl ~ That is awesome. I believe you can and will do it. Just remember its not about how long it takes you or by what means you get there, rather its about finishing. You can do this. I noticed that with my training, the scale was never my friend. Your body will retain water constantly in preparation for your training. Do not let it discourage you because you will see the changes on your body regardless of what Darth Scale says. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

alinnell ~ That is so awesome! Congrats on the 5ks. That is something I want to work towards. I did not run the entire thing either. That would be a goal eventually though. Thanks again for your encouragement.

wannaskipandlaugh ~ Thank you so much. He was my rock through it. Making me laugh and just made the whole experience amazing for me.

superheroteacher ~ Now you are making me tear up. My knees are wonky as well. I also have RA and diagnosed with lupus recently. Its a bummer but he has me on Plaqenil and that seems to be helping a bit. Though the more weight that comes off the easier it has been. My knees are the main reason I didn't run more and only run a mile at a time. I ran 3 miles one day and my knees kept me from training for 3 days they hurt so bad. I think it is all about finding a balance. Marathons or half marathons or 5ks...any of them, none of them have to be ran and all of them can be walked. You get just as much satisfaction crossing that finish line regardless of how you get there. There was this tiny little girl behind us in our corral who was walking the entire thing and just was so excited about it. She had just had knee surgery and was very proud of just being there and participating. So its always an option. Its all about the experience. BTW, have you looked into any federal aide to help with the tuition? There are many grants that you don't have to pay back that will help, even if it is just for books etc. Talk to the financial adviser at the school and see if they can dig anything up for you. If not, google is your friend. Try government websites and even in your local state to see if they offer any assistance. Hope you can find something that will help as I know that stress can really affect your journey.

Well, today is Monday and now it is back to the weight loss. I'm still a little sore from the race but not so much that I won't make it to the gym after work. I plan on a 2 hour workout everyday on the weekdays for the next 9 weeks. Then its time for vacation. I really, really, really want to see 185 by the end of May and hopefully 175 by vacation. If i don't get there so be it, but I am going to bust some major butt for the next 9 weeks. I would ask you guys to keep me in check and make me accountable. I would appreciate it. This thread and you guys are what has give me that boost once again to strive above and beyond, so thank you. Thanks for listening, encouraging and for being here. It truly makes all the difference for me. I really want to bring you ladies good news daily, in fact, I even strive for it and that is an exceptional thing. You all are my inspiration!!!! Well, gotta get off here and get ready for work, get my water ready and sit on my rear and listen to babbling doctors for 7 hours. My energy is so high in the mornings then having to sit on my arse for so long just makes me feel blah. But I can't wait to get to the gym and actually excited about actually working out for weight loss. So you guys have an exceptionally groovy day and I will check in with you lovely people later.

Last edited by Delphi; 04-29-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:10 AM   #180  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Oh could I join in please? My graduation is on the 9th of July, so I'd like to be looking as fabulous as possible by then! Ideally, I'd like to lose at least 10lbs.

SW: 150
GW: <140

Thank you very much!
Closed Thread