Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 05:09 AM   #106  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHeroTeacher View Post

All - can somebody tell me how to include multiple quotes in my post? Thanks!!!
I use 2 pages open if I do multiple quote posts and the tried and true copy and paste method. Or you can just manually add quotes by using the actual brackets etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emula View Post
Hi guys, yes I went to the gym last night but I don't think I did very well and the staff were just so unhelpful, they were friendly but unless I asked very specific questions they didn't tell me anything. I felt a bit out of place. Thanks for asking though, makes me accountable...heh.
I'm sorry I'm not in a very good mood today; I gained and I feel just... yeah, I'm sure you guys know. I'm sorry for posting so negatively.
You know that can be the most frustrating part. Do you have any questions that perhaps one of us can help with you. Was it a particular machine? No worries. You do fantastic! You got up and went and that my dear is an exceptional accomplishment indeed. Be proud. I know I am very proud of you.

Good Morning. I am kind of running late this morning. First a few hours of work and then going to the health and fitness expo downtown to browse and pick up my race number, swag bag and timing chip. Really excited. I will check in with you guys a little later. Don't forget your smiles today and have an exceptionally groovy day!

Oh, and amandie the spreadsheet is not working for me. Gave me an error. Don't know if I did something wrong. I put in my number for the week and nothing changed across the sheet, then I refreshed the page and there were errors. Sorry!

Last edited by Delphi; 04-25-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #107  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Yeah down -1.5 since Sunday.... Its my TOW as Ian talks about ( Thursday, Friday & Saturday)

Hope everyone does have a good weekly posting today! LOVE that spread sheet Amandie.. You have done a cool thing!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 04-25-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #108  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

My first weigh-in here. Down 1.6lbs since we started!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #109  
saggzz

S/C/G: 222/205.6/170

Height: 5'9"

So I had a good weigh in for today. Yay. I am worried about next week though because I fell and my ankle/foot is killing me. It has been about 4 days and it still hurts. I probably should get an x-ray, but who has time for that? I figured since I didn't have any swelling or bruising it muat be ok. Maybe not. Certain spots are tender to the touch. I really really hope I don't have a stress fracture. I'm hoping to get an x-ray tomorrow after work. Keep your fingers crossed that it will be ok!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
I use 2 pages open if I do multiple quote posts and the tried and true copy and paste method. Or you can just manually add quotes by using the actual brackets etc.

You know that can be the most frustrating part. Do you have any questions that perhaps one of us can help with you. Was it a particular machine? No worries. You do fantastic! You got up and went and that my dear is an exceptional accomplishment indeed. Be proud. I know I am very proud of you.

Good Morning. I am kind of running late this morning. First a few hours of work and then going to the health and fitness expo downtown to browse and pick up my race number, swag bag and timing chip. Really excited. I will check in with you guys a little later. Don't forget your smiles today and have an exceptionally groovy day!

Oh, and amandie the spreadsheet is not working for me. Gave me an error. Don't know if I did something wrong. I put in my number for the week and nothing changed across the sheet, then I refreshed the page and there were errors. Sorry!
There's a much easier way to multiquote. Next to the quote button, there's a little button with a quotation mark and a + sign. Click that on all the posts you want to quote, except the last post. Click the button that says "quote" on last post that you want to quote. The end.

I'm a bit frustrated to only be down 0.4 lbs since the start. I know it's still early, but I can't help but wonder if the 15 lb goal I set was a bit too ambitious.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Delphi - amandie has to manually change the the totals at the end. Only thing you need to do is enter your weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
I found a spreadsheet and edited it for us to use on this challenge! Please do not touch or edit the last 4 columns (blue/orange/yellow/red) on the right. I will manually update the yellow and red after weight has been inputted. Enter your username, your starting weight and goal weight by the end of the challenge.

Kudos IanG and saggzz and wanna and frieden for having a good weigh in. Job well done! Hopefully everyone else can claim the same (i.e. no weight gain!)

amandie and SuperHero - you have no idea how badly I want to make a Darth Scale after seeing Delphi mention her metaphorical one. Oh lord...if only I could come up with a way. My hubby is a geek, but I think that might be outside of his realm. Best he could do is make me a prototype that only says the phrases. But gah!

SuperHero - I am not a southern girl I just reside here due to a misunderstanding between my real dad and I. He thought I would like living here. I thought he was going to stay here. Nope. He moved us as far away from our relatives as he could than dropped my mom, sister, and I off and headed back west. No worries though. This is where I met my husband and where my mom met my wonderful step-dad, so joke's on my real dad! HAHA! I am actually a Carmichael, CA girl originally. I go back time to time for visits but ultimately, I don't think I would move back. As much as I HATE the humidity here (I will GLADLY take 115 degree weather out west than 73 degree weather here...GAH! HUMIDITY!!!) I really don't want to be parted from my mom, and she's made it clear that this is where she wants to be. So, such is life, humidity and all. Still hate the words "yonder" and "o'der" and still can't stand the taste or smell of deep fried everything, but ultimately, not as bad as I once thought it was. Helps that I now live closer to Atlanta now. When he moved us here, he moved us to Tate City, GA. Look it up. You can find a picture here or there of the "city" sign proclaiming a population +/- 32. I mean, the barn is both City Hall AND the church!

Emula - and AWESOME for getting to the gym! I ended up doing YouTube videos to figure out how most the machines worked in my gym, for the same reason you are still a bit confused on how they all work. It helped, a lot.

amandie - Hope your knee is doing better. Lordie how knee pain sucks.

Jennifer - You are already a babe. But here is to better babedom!

2fat2jump - welcome, welcome!

Hope I got everyone

I managed a 2.4 pound lost since last Thurdsay, so I am super happy...as I am NO LONGER MORBIDLY OBESE! I am SEVERELY OBESE now. HURRAH SEVERE OBESITY!!! (Such a WEIRD freaking chant)

Last edited by zoesmom; 04-25-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:14 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Zoesmom: You are too sweet Thanks!

Happy weigh in day, everyone! I was down 2.6 pounds!! It is a little whoosh from losing a water bloat, and it may not stay, but today it makes me feel good!!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 175.6/173/135 & Fit

Height: 5ft8

Down 3lbs! 173!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #114  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Week #1 160; 1 pound drop.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My scale is inching downward, but I have to admit, I'm not doing well at all on the exercise front. Best of intentions, but I give in to excuses.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 320/150/140

Height: 5'5

Happy weigh In day everyone ! yay ! we all made it through week 1 ! only 10 more to go ! Congrats to those already checking in ! This week I lost 1 pound. I'm happy with that ! i'm a slow loser but a consistant one.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #117  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

wannaskipandlaugh, IanG, saggzz, Sum38, Tibbits2u and all others congrats!!

I am sad to say that my scale went UP 1 pound! Of course this is only my third day of being on track, and yesterday was when I weighed in, and today I'm wearing heavy clothing and it was pre-bathroom as apposed to post-bathroom, and I had breakfast and water...and and and...

None of that matters because I know if I just keep working...
I WILL DO THIS!
I CAN DO THIS!
I AM DOING THIS!

I've gone to the gym two days in a row now (this is a big deal for me) and counted my calories for 3 days, woot! woot!

I'm hoping that little rise will result in a woosh next week. Kick booty this weekend everybody! Today is my Friday so I'm psyched!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #118  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 229/ticker/129

Height: 5'4

Week 1: 221.8- lost 2.4!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #119  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Emula- Your post was not negative at all!! I'm sorry that they weren't that helpful. Maybe it was just first time jitters? I hope the next time will have better staff with better assistance! I am soooo proud of you for going! Thanks- my knee seems to be okay, WHEW! Next week will be better.

Delphi- Zoesmom is right, I have to go in manually to change it for the %. You kinda freaked me out thinking the spreadsheet was messed up, oh noes!! Haha. It's all good. Congrats on the 2lbs down!!

Wannaskipandlaugh- Way to go on 1.5 downnn!!!! Glad you like the spreadsheet as much as I do!!!

IanG- Nice going on the 1.6! I really think you will make goal at this rate. Good luck at the gym today!

Saggzz- Congrats on your WI! Sorry to hear about your ankle, I am also sorry but I chuckled when you said "who has time for that?" and you inspired me to make a meme out of it... Anyway, I am really that it isn't anything serious! You can always fall back on an eating deficit for now if you cannot do any activities.

Frieden- Oh thank you!!! I knew there was a way to multi-quote but how?? Thank you for helping SuperHeroTeacher on that!!! As for your WI, .4lbs is great! Better than gaining, IMO. You may have a bigger loss next week, who knows? I also like being more ambitious because it encourages me to try for it as best as I can, ya know what I mean?

Zoesmom- Way to go on the 2.4 down! I did the same thing re: the chant, lol. It really is a worthy NSV, seriously!

Nice going, Jennifer1966!!! Water weight or not, I'd be feeling good too!

WolfGirl69- Wowzers! WTG on the 3lbs down!

Sum38- Yay! Great job! 9% of your challenge GW gone!

Alinnell- I totally understand, I'm so bad with exercise and excuses. This may be dumb but I convince myself to workout with incentives, like if I do 30 minutes on the elliptical , I can watch my fave show or if there's a special weekend coming up, I tell myself I gotta exercise at least 5 times that week or I'm not going. That usually gets my butt in gear, lol.

Way to go, Tibbits2u!!!

100Mother I love your positive attitude!!! Happy Friday to you!

Katie- What a great loss! Way to goooo!

As for me, I was up .8 this morning. I'm assuming it may still be TOM weight leftover, at least I hope!!! I'm not letting it get me down though! I gotta keep going with the workouts and eating right and hope that it just falls off, lol.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #120  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

amandie ~ Thank Goodness. I probably clicked something somewhere. My bad! I was really tired this morning and probably should not have been operating any electronic devices. Isn't TOM the pits? I'm sure you will see that swoosh soon after TOM. Just means an even better weigh-in for you next week.

and to all of you guys that saw a loss this check in. You guys are amazing and keep up the good work.

100mother ~ You have an amazing attitude. Awesome job with making it to the gym and staying on plan. I'm sure you will get your swoosh soon. Keep up the exceptional work.

tibbits2u ~ You sound like me. I lose the weight but at a snails pace but hey, we are losing it and that is all that matters.

alinnel ~ I am pretty sure we have all done that at one time or another, and thats probably why many of us are here. Maybe start out with just one workout and stick to it no matter what and perhaps add another the next week then so on and so forth? You are doing a great job. You CAN do this!

zoesmoms ~ You are such a hoot! Thanks for the info. Like I said above to amandie, I was just completely out of it this morning. You know what, you do your little chant. Its a step in the right direction so chant as loud as you can and be dang proud.

frieden ~ Thank you so much for the information. I do not multi-quote that much but I sure will be using that technique when I do. Don't get too discouraged about your goals. Ambition is a great thing. Just remember any loss, is not a gain and that my dear you should be very proud of.

saggzz ~ Sure hope everything is okay with the ankle. I know it is tough and frustrating with an injury. Do let us know how that x-ray comes out. Goodluck!

As for me, I just returned from Nashville with all my stuff. The expo was great. Lots of free goodies to.

Well I got all my stuff and I'm so excited. Gotta get out of here. I get to have a treat tonight. Since I need a high-calorie, carb heavy meal tonight, I thought I would use my cheat meal and we are going to have some Jets Pizza. My mouth is just watering thinking about it. I sure hope you ladies are having a wonderful day.

Last edited by Delphi; 04-25-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Closed Thread