Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #76  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Height: 5'4

I am going to use my Sunday weigh in weights. That is my official ww weigh in.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #77  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

, Elaine and 100Mother!

Alinnell- Thanks! Wow, I would be so proud of your DD too!!! She is doing such a great job!

JustB- sounds good!

Done with 30 minutes on the elly trainer, yay! Doing another 30 in a bit then making myself a green protein smoothie to drink afterwards.

Last edited by amandie; 04-23-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #78  
DFTBA

Height: 160cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
emula - hit the big "B" at the top of the text box...or enter [B] before your text and a closed bracket with a /B inside of it. But I am SUPER stoked you enrolled in a gym!!!!
Awesome, thanks zoesmom I think I'm missing the "b" at the top (or just incredibly unobservant!) thanks for the code
Old 04-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #79  
I got this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emula View Post
Awesome, thanks zoesmom I think I'm missing the "b" at the top (or just incredibly unobservant!) thanks for the code
Just to help you out a bit more, I have attached a picture of it and circled it in red. Hope that helps!

Old 04-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #80  

I can't believe how many people signed up for this challenge, it's so exciting!! Summer is a good incentive I think!

Thanks for organizing, amandie!!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #81  
I got this

Me too, Elvislover! I really thought I was gonna have up to 15-20 takers at the most then have some few join in along the way. I am happy though! I was worried my first challenge was gonna be a bust, I just wish I didn't wait 2 whole days before finally posting it.

Likely I will set up another challenge after this one ends... Either for Labor Day or Halloween.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #82  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

alinnel ~ You must be very proud of your DD. to her!

amandie ~ Ha. Well thanks but I really just got coaxed into it by my dad. He is an avid runner and he was all like, "you should do it with me" and I was all like, "are you kidding me"....but hey, we shall see. I hope I get some good pictures from the race. I hope you guys don't mind me sharing. If I survive this, then I will be quite proud. (Its supposed to rain to.) Way to go on getting that workout in. Now who is the amazing one?

zoesmom ~ Bless your heart. Kids are resilient aren't they? Glad she is doing well. Goodluck with your workout!

Emula ~ Thank you so much. Good luck with your venture to the gym as well.

Oh and to all the new additions as well.

Well today has been a long day for me. Granted my day begins at 3, so all days are long.. In any case, still on plan and did get my strength training in so I'm doing well. If I can just keep the late afternoon munchies away I will be doing great.

Last edited by Delphi; 04-23-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #83  
DFTBA

That's so weird Amandie this is what mine looks like:

Anyway, I really appreciate the help but I didn't mean drag the thread off topic, sorry! You guys are super sweet for helping!
And it really is an awesome thread Amandie you're a very good leader!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3fc.jpg (8.9 KB, 18 views)
Old 04-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #84  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

So this is officially my favorite thread ever! Y'all are so nice here.

Delphias much fun as working out in the great outdoors sounds, I live in the wrong climate/pollen zone to be outdoors for any length of time until the temps near 100s for about a week straight to kill off all the pollens I'm allergic to . The catch-22 is that once it reaches 100, there's no way I want to be outside working out! As of today I'm incorporating some balance ball ab/core work at home in addition to some leg exercises from when I was doing PT for my knee.

Emula - you wanna know what's really sad, I've belonged to a great gym for over 10 years (family membership is a free benefit through DH work) and have probably used it a total of fewer than 200 days - in 10 years!!! I did used to love going to the gym, I really don't understand the anxiety I'm having right now - it has to be the fear of failure.

I did take a small step forward today. I've emailed the director of my gym back and forth a few times today inquiring about an upcoming program -Bodyfit Challenge - that I'm considering enrolling in. Baby steps...
Old 04-24-2013, 05:08 AM   #85  
There is no spoon!

Good Morning!

superheroteacher ~ That is awesome about the challenge! Sounds like that would be fun. I really wasn't thinking about the hot temps. Right now it is rather nice here in Tennessee but soon the temps shoot up and the humidity hits 100% and I really do not know how I will handle that. Sounds like you got a good plan though. Lets us know how that works out.

Well the day is just starting and I have plenty of work to keep me busy until 9 and then its off to the park to do my last 3 miles of training. I can't believe I made it this far. Checked the scale and the 195 wasn't a fluke yesterday as "darth scale" gave me the same reading today! So I'm happy with that. Just need to keep myself busy. The next couple of days will be busy but that is always good thing. If I can keep moving, I'm burning calories, so I'm happy with that. Well, I suppose I should get to work. You ladies and gents have an amazing day.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:35 AM   #86  
DFTBA

SuperHeroTeacher That's wonderful. I know this is very cliche but I really do believe that the first step is the hardest! Sounds like a great programme, too.

Delphi You are officially my hero; I think I'd fall down and never get back up if I was as busy as you! Also, I LOVE "darth scale" by the way, it's hilarious.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #87  
There is no spoon!

Yeah, well I have a love/hate relationship with my scale. I swear I just do not get it. I see other people posting steady decreases with no fluctuations and I am all over the place when it comes to the scale. Just craziness I tell ya! Sometimes as much as 5-8 pounds. I know we should not tie are success or failure to the number on the scale but I, as illogical as it sounds, need that validation from the scale. I know its irrational and I know about all the science behind fluctuations and such but at the end of the day, there is a part of my screwed up brain that needs to see progress. Crazy...maybe, maddening...yes.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

ALL - once again, thanks for the support for my wee one. I hit the gym, ALONE yesterday for an hour. It wasn't as bad as I had imagined...but then again, I didn't venture off the treadmill either. Baby steps. All in the baby steps.

SuperHeroTeacher - I hear your pain. As a severe asthamtic living in Georgia with record pollen setting days, I can barely step outside without having attacks. I actually live in fear of the outdoors, especially in the summer, and even more now given last August I dang near lost my life (42 O2 saturation level!) due to a severe attack (plus other ailments.) I ended up in ICU for three-four days and was in the hospital nearly two weeks AND THEN was on an O2 tank until almost November. By the time every thing was said and done, i couldn't even walk up the one flight of stairs to get to my apartment. I had to take five stairs at a time and just work on those five. Every couple of days, I would add another one in. Now, here I am, 8 months after knocking on death's door and I am able to do a brisk walk/jog for an hour. All from baby steps. Those steps matter the most. And a funny thing happened (on the way to the forum), this spring, the pollen has been at its worst since I moved to Georgia and this is the FIRST YEAR I've been able to step outside and actually BREATHE! Amazing what losing a little weight and exercising can do!

You are on the right track...keep it up...you can DO THIS!

Emula - off track agin...you probably have a different browser than amandie. That would be the mostly likely explanation of why your text box looks different. Despite that, the same thing applies on all browsers.

Curiosity killed the cat...you get to the gym yesterday?

Delphi - I WANNA DARTH SCALE (a literal one...with the voice proclaiming "Join me on the dark side")!!!!! And three miles of training. I am both envious and glad it is not me all at the same time. You rock it girl!

amandie - I haven't said it yet, but THANK YOU for putting this together. For your first time, you did dern good! I'd never had noticed!

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

“There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.” ~Unknown

Last edited by zoesmom; 04-24-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #89  
There is no spoon!

zoesmom! I swear I hear the Imperial March as soon as I start to get on the scale. Sounds like you had a very tough time from all that. Is it always that bad in Georgia?
Old 04-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
zoesmom! I swear I hear the Imperial March as soon as I start to get on the scale. Sounds like you had a very tough time from all that. Is it always that bad in Georgia?
LOL! I have it! I am going to invent a Darth Vader scale (sadly I looked and none exist). It will have the following catch phrases:

When you step on it and weigh less than the previous weight, it will proclaim, "Yes, the Force is strong with this one." When you weigh the same as the previous weight, it will proclaim, "Look inside yourself, you know it to be true." And if you weight more, it will proclaim, "You are unwise to lower your defenses!"

And yes, the pollen has been insane, breaking records for the past two years.

(and for all the phrases, the Imperial March will play softly in the background)

Last edited by zoesmom; 04-24-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Closed Thread