Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #271  
DFTBA

Height: 160cm

1morechip I know exactly how you feel! I worked in a Chinese take-away for a year in college and put on 3 and a 1/2 stone in that time it can be really hard to resist, especially if your place is the same as mine and they give you free dinner every night you work. I didn't get off unit 12:30am and then have my dinner...wonder why I gain the weight? lol
Packed lunches are a great idea, I would recommend that you keep on that idea but bring small, healthy quick eats e.g. fruit, rice cakes, yoghurts etc. that was the only way I could stop myself picking! And tell the kitchen staff that you're dieting if you can so they don't try to tempt you!

Delphi Definitely something to be super proud of!
Bring your raincoats! lol If you come to Dublin when you're over you should try go to Trinity College library, the Jedi Archives in episode II were based on it, they're pretty awesome. If you need any info while planning your trip I'd be more than happy to help.
We're having our annual Star Wars all night-er tonight, I'll be thinking of you!

Keep up the good work everyone
Old 05-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #272  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Emula ~ That is AWESOME! Enjoy your all-nighter, sounds like fun. I wanna come! Trinity College Library on the list definitely now.

On an unrelated note, I did get some of my pictures back but I have to order them online and it could be sometime before I get the actual copies. However, I used my cellphone to take a picture of a picture on their site, so its blurry and has all kind of proof crap all over it so its hard to see but this a picture of me and my dad just crossing the finish line. I'm crying of course! Haha!

Last edited by Delphi; 05-04-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #273  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone

I feel like I've been MIA this week. May is a crazy time of year for me - I was out until at least 8:30 or 9:00 every night this week (I just realized how OLD that makes me sound!!! But it wasn't hanging with friends , fun stuff, mostly work or child activity related).

Anyhoo - I haven't had time to post this week, but I've been checking this thread daily and I'm so proud of all of you and the progress we're all making! I also want to say how impressed with our group as a whole I am. I feel like this thread is an incredible group of strong, empowered women (and men, Ian ). I love how supportive we are of one another and we don't seem to have any whiney "victim" personalities hanging around. I mean we all have a bad day and need to whine now and then, but the fact that we are all taking action to take control of our lives is inspiring and a part of what keeps me on plan every day.

My good news of the day: Today was my week 5 weigh in at Medifast and I'm down a total of 20.3 pounds and have lost 9.75 inches total. I'm struggling a bit to get my exercise in (see schedule comment above), but I'm committed to making this work. I fit in two sessions last week and two the week before. My goal this week is to bump that up to three.

Have a terrific weekend everyone!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 225/204/150

Height: 5'10"

Nathalie Everything except the veggies gets shipped to the store - frozen of course - twice a week, so it really is the furthest thing from actual food. Ive never thought about it that way though

Delphi I recently got a raise because of all the crazy things I've been scrubbing with zeal and conviction, it has helped me come down this far but I know I can do better. A smoker and a runner? What is this witchcraft you speak of lol. The chrmical lists are pretty frightening. I know what's in all of the food but Id probably need a team of highly trained scientists to actually KNOW what's in the food. And I am LOVING this forum!!

Emula Lol all of the teamwork training videos I suffered through and now FINALLY some practical application. Creating some accountability at work seem foolproof, I can't believe I didn't think about it sooner

Thanks for all of the help everyone!! Where has this magical place been all my life
Old 05-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

tehshort - amazing job on the weight loss!

Delphi - YEAH! A fellow gamer! Yeah, we don't do TV either. It is all games. I mean, my kid believes that Skyrim is all about saving the butterflies so the dragons don't eat them! So full of imagination. She recently just got Skylanders and plays it as if it was an interactive Barbie doll! It is very likely your kid is sneaking food...he's at that age where hormones are kicking in and he starts going through more calories as his body does weird adjustments. My sister used to sneak food. It is a hard habit to break. Good luck to you and Intrigued on the not gaining with TOM. What's your secret?

Congrats on the 10 pounds down wolfgirl

amandie - thankie, she is a blast. Although I am confused why you wouldn't want a little psychopath running around threatening to cut you to make you feel "better" AND :five: PROUD OF YOU!!!!

Way to go tehshort! Keep up the hard work!

ange82 - How's your new regime coming along? I know for me, I don't really remember the temptations. When I slip up now, it is under full knowledge of what I am doing and based all on the numbers and if it can fit in my diet for the day. If I want cake, I know it is 400 calories and 46 carbs and I have to figure out if it is worth it or not. The answer is, not usually. It helps that I have formed the habit of counting, because now I pay attention to what goes in my mouth and if it is really worth it. Plus, it makes me feel like crap now if I eat crap. Like, I really get sick. And don't start me on the Cheeto I took one day....GOD that thing was HORRIBLE! PURE chemical taste!

1morechip - welcome to the greatest and bestest support forum on the face of the planet! As for distractions of swaying while at work, here's a thought...each day you are not tempted to munch mindlessly and stay on plan, put a dollar in a jar. At the end of a month, you have a nice little stash...and can reward yourself with a mani or pedi or something like that...something you REALLY want. But...if you sway, you remove a dollar. And that makes it where it will take longer for your reward. That's how I weened myself there in the beginning. And now, I get my mani/pedi once a month...WOOHOO! (Important to point out I NEVER had one prior to this year too!)

ALRIGHT SuperHero - AMAZING LOSS!!!!

Hope I didn't miss anyone...if I did, so sorry! Crazy busy, as usual. But In a good way. Taking a day off from working out today since the weather SUCKS and I have a house FULL of people, but back on track tomorrow for sure! Finally dropped what I am now convinced was water weight...247 again...FINALLY! Feeling amazing and glamorous and awesome after perfect strangers called me beautiful last night (haven't heard that in YEARS!) and just feeling GREAT! Ready for the sun to come back up, but when it does, my days are going to be full of T-Ball and ballet and swim lessons for a wee one. Love summer...hate how I never have time!

And...as of today, I am lighter than the roommate, and only one pound heavier than hubby....so close to weighing less than him since I met him. EXCITING!

On an unrelated note...hubby is 6 days with out a cig...yeah him! Here's to a healthier family!

Well....time to go hit up group Rock Band and later some Cards Against Humanity. I love Family and Friends Night on Saturdays at my place. So much love, so much awesome!
Old 05-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I may have figured out the problem with my scale. The cover that holds the batteries in place had fallen off and the batteries were loose. I'll know more tomorrow.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:21 AM   #277  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
[B]
angel82 My thing is I calorie count and I never deprive myself of anything .... I do not plan my meals though... Fridays, I always get take out pizza

I'm always up on TOM. Soooo, does that mean I've lost more weight or TOM just isn't making me retain?
When i said plan ahead as to what you're allowed i didn't know what you already do!! If you calorie count then nothing can go wrong when BF comes back?! Why are you worried? It can't go wrong if you stick to that. I just can't bring myself to do it personally, but i'm totally with you on the not depriving yourself (therefore when i'm in a similar situation i HAVE to have some plan eg i'm allowed 3 glassses of wine and two sweet treats in a week or whatever, as i don't have a calorie back-up plan).

Good luck re the TOM weight drop indicators! Let us know if it meant you've really lost.

One whole week of diet completed for me. All been easy in week 1 and currently enjoying my 2-glasses-of-wine-per-week allowance

It's amazing that last week i felt totally bloaty and unfit and tired and down, and really within 3 days of overhauling the diet and exercise i felt fitter and healthier and even convinced myself i looked slimmer lol. It's funny that when you put on a bit of weight you feel awful and when you lose a bit of weight you feel great - even though i felt awful at 56kg (when i'd moved up from 53kg) and now feel great at 61kg (when i've dropped back a massive 1kg)!!!!

I'm not interested in weighing in every day this time around though. I know i fluctuate and i know there's no logical reason for it, and i don't want the hassle of thinking about that. So twice a week (ish) weigh-in is enough, and for me it's how my clothes fit that really count as whether i'm making progress (which i'll probably review every couple of weeks).

Hope everyone had a fun weekend.

We went to the beach with the dog this morning and then for a coffee at a cafe nearby afterwards. Sunny. Blue skies, blue sea. Loved it. We then got home and changed the bedroom around so the bed is facing 90 degrees different to what it was before, and shuffled the other furniture to match (and found plenty of dustballs along the way). lol. And then went shopping for rugs, and picked out two that we want to buy but will call back and negotiate a deal by phone! The slow cooker's in action for a chicken casserole dinner and smelling good. I've had more exciting days, but overall, not bad!
Old 05-05-2013, 05:26 AM   #278  
There is no spoon!

Happy Sunday!

angel82 ~ Sounds like you had a very busy and active day. Envious of the beach run. I miss the beach. I think you have a system that works well for you and that is all that matters. I guess I'm worried because I slipped last time he was around. Its just so easy to go through the motions. I'm sure I'll be fine this time especially with my goals clearly outlined for vacation. Thanks for the advice and encouragement.

zoesmom ~ on the loss. So happy for you. Must feel amazing and then getting the well deserved compliments is the icing on the cake. Kudos! Amazingly still have not played Skyrim. Although, I loved Oblivion, I just didn't have the time to put into Skyrim this time around. Still sitting wrapped in plastic along with a lot of titles in my backlog. Rockband is a favorite here, especially with me and the boyfriend. Though the older I get, the harder it is on me with my hands and the RA...I have to just play on hard and even that can still hurt my hands on some songs. Sadface! We have all the consoles here but we all mainly play on the xbox. Had to shell out so everyone had their own console here to. But a family that games together, stays together..eh? Our formula seems to work great for now. I just make sure I don't give out the password to the internet until chores, homework and exercise is done. Oh, and that is great about the hubby quitting smoking. That is something I am still struggling with. Tried everything and I just haven't not been able to conquer the beast yet, so kudos for him doing an amazing job with it.

1morechip ~ Haha..at needing a team to figure it out. Isn't that the truth. It really is scary what they put in our food these days, not to mention all the crap they do to it before they harvest it. Just makes me cringe thinking about it. Glad you joined us and very glad you found this place. It is a very supportive group of folks.

superheroteacher ~ Way to go on your big accomplishment. Must feel amazing. You are coming right along and making all sorts of progress. That is great. I agree with you about the group, seems to be the right formula for success if you ask me. I hear you on the time constraints. It can be hard to fit in a shower much less exercise with such a busy schedule. We have to do it though and make it a priority. Our health and well being must be at the top of the to-do list as it will benefit our families much more in the long run as they get to put up with our butts a little longer. I'm confident you will find a way to squeeze another workout in this week. You can do it.

Well, the retaining is here with TOM today which surprisingly was okay with me this morning. Yesterday was my eat what I burn day so no deficit and I had some popcorn which was rich in all kinds of sodium but hey I watched my Star Wars, relaxed, let my muscles heal up and just had a very good day. One day is all I can handle of that though. Two consecutive lazy days spells disaster for me, so I hope the rain stops so I can get the boys out to the greenway today or perhaps riding our bikes..after work of course. 7-hour shift today, so maybe by the time I get off, we can get something done around here. Well you ladies have a very happy Sunday. I am going to get off here and get to work.

Last edited by Delphi; 05-05-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #279  

Delphi - That is AWESOME! We had all of them from Atari to current gen, until some little pipsqueak broke into the house and stole the 360 and all the games for it. Left everything else. I mean..WHAT?!? Anywho, that was 2 years ago and we just never looked into replacing it. Too much money invested to want to re-invest and insurance only wanted to give us $150 for the system, the external HD, and over 50 games. Nope. Not replacing. Oh well. Not like we didn't have tons more to choose from.

Girl is limited to an hour of game time on Saturday and Sunday. The rest of the week, no gaming, at all. And she is okay with that. We game after she is in bed and...weekends. Heh. Sometimes only an hour. Sometimes the system never gets turned off until bedtime on Sunday. I know, horrible people we are. But, we have a constant revolving door on the weekends and all our friends kinda just crash out here and much like when we were kids, we tend to have gaming marathons...sometimes video, sometimes cards, sometimes board. (never D&D or Magic though...never got into that...but we DO play Munchkin!) And sometimes, we don't do anything but go to the park, run out and visit family, go to sporting events, and so forth. Just when we are home on the weekends....yeah, we are total gaming bums Probably a bad habit, but at least I know everyone is safe.

And I am so ready for the rain to stop too...I just want to get out and do something...but too ick today

OH! Anyone remember the movie "Princess Bride" and where the old lady is "Booooo"-ing Buttercup? Yeah. That was me this morning. COMPLETELY and UTTERLY excited as I stepped on the scale and saw it move down again. Rushed to get my hubby as I am approaching being less than him. Made him step on scale and...EXACT SAME WEIGHT! BOOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOO! Here I am busting my arse for this mini goal and he eats everything in sight and steps on the scale and hasn't gained or lost an ounce in 3 years. BOOOOOOOO!

Of course...this is all in jest...because THIS WEEK....for the FIRST TIME SINCE I MET MY HUSBAND.....I WILL weigh less than him.

Happy Sunday. Hope everyone has an awesome day!

Last edited by zoesmom; 05-05-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Well, shoot. I figured out the problem with my scale (the thingy that holds the batteries in had fallen off). So this morning when I weighed showed that what I posted on Friday as a loss was really a gain.

I'll have to work harder this week.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:39 AM   #281  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
Here I am busting my arse for this mini goal and he eats everything in sight and steps on the scale and hasn't gained or lost an ounce
zoesmom well i can sympathize with that one. Same at my house. For example we went to Africa this Christmas and did some safari stuff (very sedentary) and climbed Mt Kilimanjaro (not so sedentary!) and at the end of the trip, when throughout he'd eaten and drunk heaps more than me, i had gained 6lb and he had lost 6lb. So how is that fair i ask you?!? And what on earth is he eating/drinking in normal life that he could lose after what we consumed on holiday?!? Sigh. Congrats on your weight though, that's a great milestone.

Monday night here in Oz-land and a day in the office today completing safety inductions for chemical hazards awareness. Not much fun.
I also felt hungry and tempted to eat more than i should today for the first time since i started back on the diet. Didn't though. So that was my first little test overcome.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:58 AM   #282  
There is no spoon!

Happy Monday

zoesmom ~ "As yoooooooooou wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish". Love that movie! Still one of my all time favorites. I hear ya on the hubby eating what he wants and not gaining. My oldest son is a bottomless pit. The child eats everything, all the time and never gains an ounce. Just mind boggling! Yeah, no sense in replacing anything, well especially with the new consoles coming out the end of year.

angel82 ~ on keeping your will strong and not giving in to that feeling of needing to eat more. Great job! Hope you are proud as I sure am!

Well TOM is in full gear now! Back pain...check! Bloating...check! Over emotional state....check! Yup, all is right with the world. I will just be glad to get to the gym today and get my 5 miles in as I know I will feel so much better. But other than all that, I'm getting excited. The boyfriend will be home in less than 2 weeks, the boys will finish up the school year in less than 3 weeks and then vacation is not to far around the corner. I really need to crack down and get this weight off. TOM needs to get out of here so I can get on with the obsessing already. I don't even bother to weigh on TOM. If I did, I'd end up purchasing a new scale every month and who can really afford to keep doing that In any case, sure hope everyone had an amazing weekend. I'm gonna finish my shift and get my butt to the gym. You guys have a great day.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #283  

ange82 - that is awesome! Just WHAT DOES he eat when not on vacation! The good news is, I am not too upset over it. I mean, when I diet, I lose weight. When he diets, he maintains. WAHAHAHAHAH! Check and mate!

Delphi - Yes, GREAT flick! I tend not to rewatch movies, but I have a handful of about a dozen or so that I will watch over and over and over again. That happens to be one of them. And this weekend, another of my great favorites popped up in conversation and apparently, my roomate had never seen Young Frankenstein!!!!! THE HORROR! So, that had to be remedied. I still can't figure out how he has never seen in, given the fact I have known him for a decade and he has lived with us for 3 years. I mean, I KNOW I have seen it more than a few times during my friendship with him. I mean, if my kid can recite it, how did he NOT see it? One of the great mysteries of life, I supposse. TOM will be over soon. And your guy will be home soon. And then school will be out and then...VACATION!!! And it will be oh so worth it when it is! Hang in there!

So, yesterday, I was playing with my kid post workout. I was in my sports bra and yoga pants and had just completed my stretches when my kid wanted me to give her a pony ride. Cool, I can do that! Anyways, here I am, on my hands and knees, going back and forth between the nice pony that gives rides and the "rabid" dog that chases her through the house when suddenly, she stops and loudly asks, "Mommy? Why do you have four boobs?"

Eh? Four Boobs? What the...

I look down, very confused. I see my boobs, still in my bra, so nothing weird going on there...but then....I see my stomach. Apparently, losing close to 50 pounds and having been working out the entire time, nets a very obese woman the look of a dog who had just had puppies a few weeks back. I mean, the center of my stomach was tight and taunt (I was surprised to see that actually) but then I had "boobs" as my daughter so lovingly called them, hanging where well...boobs would hang if I had a second set. Oh. My.

So... what would you call that? Not sure if that is a NSV or not...I mean, no one wants to look like a dog post puppies...but then again, I know it is progress. Or...would I call that dogress?

Last edited by zoesmom; 05-06-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #284  

Someone in another forum posted this page. I highly recommend reading it...it is brief and won't take much time. It sent me into tears...and made me even more determined to shake this weight off. Just wow. Pure inspiration.

Last edited by zoesmom; 05-06-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #285  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I can't keep up with you ladies But I have to comment; Delphi I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!!
Closed Thread