Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #61  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

to all the new additions! The more the merrier!

alinnell ~ Hey you and me both. The weekends kill me sometimes.

tontus94 ~ I know exactly what you mean. I find that during the busy weeks it is really easy to stay on plan but come the weekend (which is my exercise days off as well) I just lose focus. We need to work on that...eh? Good luck with that little chat with the hubby!

emula ~ on the whole gym membership thing. Proud of you! Don't you worry about whats going on around you there. You just focus on you and you will be just fine.

zoesmom ~ Just wondering if you made it to the gym by yourself. If so...

natamars ~ You know, its just one of those things. We all have those few weeks where nothing goes as planned. I'm right there with you actually. I have been stalled out for 3 weeks myself. I see the difference but darth scale wont budge. Very frustrating. We will get through it though.

Well as for me, the day has been okay. Kind of feeling blah today. Since this is marathon week for me, I am back to recovery training, so only 3 miles today. I really have been ruined by all the training because now I feel like anything less than 6 is just not a workout anymore. Eh, I'll get over it I suppose. The marathon is Saturday so next week I can start back to regular workouts which will give me a little more consistency and with my weight loss, I definitely need that.

Last edited by Delphi; 04-22-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Delphi - I actually did not...but it really wasn't my fault! I had to take my 4 year old to the ER due to mouth trauma caused by her NOT LISTENING to me and insisting on walking around with silverware in her mouth. Needless to say, we all know how this story turned out.

Just got home about 30 minutes ago after 4-1/2 hours in the ER, had to re-make her a seriously late dinner (thanks kid), make lunches, and get ready for bed myself and just really, ran into a lack of time due to mommy responsibilities taking over. If I didn't have to be up at 3 am, I'd go tonight, but I just don't have it in me when I am looking at roughly 6 hours of sleep as is...so...as the old cliche goes, there is always tomorrow.

I intend to make good on my promise...today just wasn't that day.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #63  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emula View Post

eta: I'm officially a gym-member!
Good for you Emula!!!

I haven't been to my gym in over a year. I'm on my 4th week of Medifast now so I could be incorporating exercise into my plan, but I'm really anxious about going back to the gym. I feel like I've failed there so many times, I don't want that failure to taint the success I'm having now. It sounds irrational doesn't it?

I just need to set a day and make myself go. Easier said than done.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #64  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Zoesmom- wow! Hope your 4 year old is okay! There is always tomorrow, I agree.

So happy for you, Emula! I am so shy about going to the gym!

alinnell- my weekend wasn't so stellar either!

SuperHeroTeacher- Definitely easier said than done, lol. When you are ready, you will! I hope you don't mind but just wanted to say congrats on your WI that you put in the sheet, you are already a little over 12% into your progress! Nice going!

Natamars- I believe you can do it! I am there with you, I have been stuck at the same weight for over 3 weeks now. Kinda why I started this challenge to convince me not to give up!

Delphi- Sorry if I missed it but what kind of marathon are you doing? You sure sound very busy exercise-wise!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #65  
I got this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
Me to Amandie! I am really cracking down and staying on plan! Hope you guys are having an amazing Sunday. How are you guys doing on exercise? Any specific plans?
I just got back into working out again after a year hiatus. Currently doing 1 hour on the elliptical trainers on the highest setting and would like to get back to doing 30 Day Shred, starting out with either #3 or #5lbers then work my way up.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #66  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post

SuperHeroTeacher- Definitely easier said than done, lol. When you are ready, you will! I hope you don't mind but just wanted to say congrats on your WI that you put in the sheet, you are already a little over 12% into your progress! Nice!
Thanks for noticing Amandie! I'm really happy with the success I'm seeing on Medifast. Im down 13 pounds in just 3 weeks!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #67  
adlea

S/C/G: 213/177/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Love to join the cause

I am on WW now and hope to be down at least 10 lbs by July 4. My son is getting married in August so that is the goal I am working towards. Now 177, hopefully by July 167. My long goal is 160. Wish me luck.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #68  
I got this

Adlea- glad to meet another fellow WWer! I really think you can make goal! Good luck!

Last edited by amandie; 04-22-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:43 AM   #69  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

adlea ~

superheroteacher ~ You know failure is subjective. Without failure there is no success. I did the whole gym thing during the winter as I'm somewhat of a baby and can not handle the cold but now I am working out at the local park. That is always another option as well. I like it a little better as I'm also getting a nice tan while I'm out running/walking. There are many options to the gym. Perhaps you could integrate the gym into a workout routine, like once a week at the gym and the rest of the days outside, just to kind of ease into it?

zoesmom ~ Oh gosh, I'm sorry. I sure know where you are coming from. I have 3 boys, 6, 9 and 13....so there is always plenty that goes wrong and plenty that goes right. Never a dull moment though. Hope your little one recovers well. Being in the ER so long is the pits though. Hopefully you can get to the gym today and burn some calories. Is your little one in school?

amandie ~ The 30 day shred? That's Jillian right? Never tried that. I am running the St. Judes Country Music marathon Saturday. This is actually my first half-marathon. I have never taken on anything like this in my life. Its scary! Actually I have been training since January to walk it, but then last month I ran my first mile and have been doing it every since. So I plan to run a mile then walk a mile during the race until I hit 13.1. It has been a wild ride. However, due to training and burning so many calories I have had the hardest time losing weight (if that makes any sense at all). In order to keep up the energy I need I had to increase my calories and I just wasn't getting the deficits I needed to lose weight. I think I have lost only 13 pounds since January 1st. I really am having a tough time even though I'm doing everything right. However, this morning I dropped a few pounds so that was exciting. But I was really wanting to be in the 170s by vacation/fourth of July! Hopefully, with the race Saturday, I can get back to a normal routine and shed some pounds. How is weightwatchers working for you? Been on it long?

Well I'm actually supposed to be working now, so I need to hurry. I can be quite long-winded. In any case, the morning has started out with a good drop in weight, 2 pounds worth. I drank a boat load of water yesterday trying to flush myself out. I read somewhere on the interwebs that when you train for things like these that your body can retain a lot of water to prepare itself for the training. I really do think that is the case. I wear a bodymedia device so to my calculations, I should be somewhere around 193, but like I said, my weightloss just has not made sense this time around and the only thing different for me this time, has been the extensive training schedule I have been on especially the past 2 months with the mileage getting way up there. So starting the day with a smile, and heres to another on-plan day ladies. We can do this...we WILL do this. You guys have an exceptional day!

Last edited by Delphi; 04-23-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #70  
DFTBA

Height: 160cm

@Delphi: whoohoo! Fair play on your loss and best of luck with your marathon! You'll have to tell us about it

@Zoesmom: I hope your little one is alright, you must have gotten such a fright!

@SuperHeroTeacher: I know how you feel, I was liturally shaking going into the gym. I'll be behind you 100% whenever you're ready to try again, we can swap gym war stories!
And in the spirit of paying it forward, I will make the same promise to you that zoesmom made to me; if you go enquire about joining a gym, I'll go work out at mine on my own! (which terrifies me!)

@Amandie: wow! That is some starting point! it really is amazing.

@Adlea: welcome! And best of luck.

Also, could someone let me know how I bold names? I can't figure it out! Lol
Old 04-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

emula - hit the big "B" at the top of the text box...or enter [B] before your text and a closed bracket with a /B inside of it. But I am SUPER stoked you enrolled in a gym!!!!

Thank you EVERYONE for your support for my wee one. I was really ticked and really scared all at the same time when she fell. I had told her no less than 5 times to NOT walk around with a spoon in her mouth and to SIT down at the table in the span of 2 minutes. Half a second later, her dad walks in and up she bolts to the door and...TRIP! I have never seen so much blood (I know, head wounds look worse than they really are, but still!)

She got lucky. It wasn't a fork, it wasn't a plastic spoon, it wasn't a small spoon. It was the large spoon she had insisted on using since she is a "big girl now" and apparently, that means they use tablespoons. I was unaware of this until I was re-educated by my kid. Anyways, her insisting on the large spoon is actually what saved her from serious damage. She is sore, she has a hole and some scraping on the roof of her mouth, but she is fine. Probably going to be clingy for a few days, but she is fine. But hey, something good came of this. She went to daycare this morning showing everyone, in detail, what happens when you walk around with spoons in your mouth.

She's my pride and joy...but sometimes...oui...just..OUI!

EDIT: I WILL be going to the gym, by myself today for sure, I need to work it double time after missing out yesterday due to our little trip to the ER

Last edited by zoesmom; 04-23-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #72  
I got this

Go, Zoesmom!!! Work it in the gym today! Glad she is okay and so cute about the daycare tidbit!

Emula- Zoesmom is right, just highlight the text you want to be bolded then click on the big B right next to the slanted I on top. Love the "gym war stories"!!

Delphi- WOW! You're just amazing. I hope one day I can do a half marathon... Once I summon all the confidence in myself to do one, that is! Even if you don't get down to 170 by July (I think you will), I would be so proud about the half marathon! It does make sense that your body doesn't want to lose because it is trying to conserve, at least that's what I would think.

I was off and on with WW for a little over 2 years now, it does work if you work it, haha. I restarted late in January and have been losing up until 3 weeks ago. I figured out that my app had a glitch and I was eating 2 points extra daily along with my weeklies (not sure why it didn't change since I was updating my weighs from 180 to 166.) Luckily I figured that out before I started gaining, lol, right now I am patiently waiting for it to drop below 166! I like the 30DS, only 20 minutes of pure h*ll, lol. Once I complete the 30DS, I should be able to get back to my lifting routine with no problems.

I am doubling up today! Didn't get to work out last night so I am doing an hour on the elly trainer this am then another this evening after dart league. I'm still anxious about starting the 30DS but I WILL start this week. I might start out with level 2, I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that someone recommended starting out with level 2 because it was easier than level 1 and that was true for me because level 1 was harder for some reason, lol.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 271/270/131

Height: 5'5"

I am in! I am currently 263. By the 4th of July, I 25 pounds is very doable, so that would put me at 238.

Thanks!
Elaine

Last edited by erowley; 04-23-2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

amandie~I love your avatar. My DD loves Hedwig and the Angry Inch!

Speaking of my DD (she is not a member here) she let herself go when she started college and the "freshman 15" quickly turned to at least 50 on top of already being slightly overweight. Last year she turned a new leaf, lost about 40 pounds on Nutrisystem and got turned onto the gym and running. She is doing a shred right now and has already lost 7 more pounds and is really close to her goal of about 135. I'm so proud of her!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #75  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

Oh snap, this is just what I need. Last known weight for me was 251, and my goal by July 4th is 219. Thanks for putting this together!
Closed Thread