Old 03-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #121  
Becoming A Better Me

Gmorning ladies- Easter vacation begins today for my kids and my test begins lol. My son has a job so he wont be around much but my dd who is going thru puberty and on the track team seems to be a bottomless pit right now and is ALWAYS eating! Her and i are taking the dogs for a nice loooong walk along the beach and around the park. Im gonna trydo my best to be more active during their break to keep from stuffing my face everytime they are lol. I found a new app that helps me log my food and exercise all in 1 place with coaching tips, reminders, goals and everything it seems really cool. Anything to help me on my journey!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

EVERYONE:
Hope all is well with everyone and you all have a wonderful Easter. Watch out for all the goodies.

DANGEROUS:
What is the name of the app you are using? Good luck next week with Spring Break for the kids! I'm rooting for you to stay with your food plan and for it to turn into a benefit for you with extra activity/mileage for the week.

AMANDIE:
You are right, I got confused, lol. I'm an avid internet researcher as well - we have that in common. Hope your grastic reflux stays at bay. I'm sure that weight loss will help. I won't give up my tomatoes and hot sauce. If I'm having a flair, I tone it down. A few months ago, when I was off my food plan and eating a hot pepper cheese called, "3 alarm cheese", I was forced to limit my intake, lol. 3-alarm cheese and active gastric reflux gets your attention, lol.

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 03-29-2013 at 04:18 PM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #123  
Becoming A Better Me

Noom Coach Pro - $3.99 month
They also have a free version thats just as good but i wanted to try pro to see the difference. It integrates your music with your workouts, has an audible to announce mpm or mph, calories burned, distance. Its really cool. The meal log is awesome. Its colo r coded .
Old 03-29-2013, 11:46 PM   #124  

DANGEROUS:
Thanks for the app info. I checked it out, but looks like it currently operates on Android only. I have Windows Phone 8 for my phone and then an Ipad. I'll check back at a later date, maybe they will add other operating systems.

Munchey
Old 03-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #125  
Becoming A Better Me

Gmornin ladies-
a bright sunshiny saturday mornin and its beautiful! I got in a 6.5 mile walk yesterday and it felt great! Today ive got a few errands to run and then ima play in my yard, just anything to be outside lol!
Munchey- sorry the app wouldnt work on ur phone, its definitely a huge help for me and glad i found it.
Have a great day ladies!
Old 03-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #126  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Lucky you, Joy! It is cloudy and a little cold here. Wishing you best of luck with the kiddos on their spring break!!! I will check out the free Noom app to see if I like it Thanks for the recommendation!

Munchey- 3 Alarm cheese? *drools* That sounds SO good!

I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off tidying up the house, washing sheets and shopping since I possibly may have Easter at my house instead of my dad's due to my last-minute Easter guests- my aunt and uncle who I have not seen for 2 years (since I moved here.) I am so excited! I am off to keep cleaning and do a little more errands.

Have a great day, everyone!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #127  
I got this

Jez- I just bought another pair that I love!!!! Ideally I was looking for a black and teal (my fave colors) pair that was by Nike that I saw at the mall once but I couldn't find them again, not even online so I opted for these instead. They are so light and comfortable!! I don't even run either but I could if I had to in these shoes, lol.

For some odd reason, I don't find myself wanting easter candy this year. I love sweets but the craving is not there this time. NSV?? I think so. But that could be because I know I am going to have pistachio pudding cake tomorrow made by yours truly!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #128  
I got this

Happy Easter, y'all!!

166.0 still this am! Very happy about that.

I can't stay on here too long since I still have to make the deviled eggs and the potato salad, originally wanted to make the salad last night but there was no room in the fridge at all. Sometimes I wish we had another fridge and freezer for extra stuff, lol.

Have a great day, everyone!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #129  

My actuals for 3-24-13 thru 3-30-13 are:
Current Weight: 223 (Come on two teens)
LOSS: 2 pound
MILES: ?
DVDS: Did not meet

WHAT WENT WELL:
I did well with my food this week and was consistent with taking metabolism supplements (green coffee and raspberry ketones). I'm doing better at getting up at or around 6:00 a.m.

IMPROVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
My good knee was a major problem this week and had to give up my walks in the park. I put a support wrap on it and it has been helping. I've also, taken care of it and have been mindful with negotiating steps and other moves that have aggravated it. I had a few extremely painful episodes and used a crutch on one day. The wrapping and rest appears to have paid off. I need to keep consistent with the PT exercises I started at home. I think they may be helping.

My goals for the week 3-31-13 thru 4-6-13 are:

Weight loss Goal= 2 lbs.
Walking Goal = 25 miles - knees permitting
Exercise Body Parts = DVD's - One 30 minute session a day

Mid-term goal: Get to one-der-land by 6-30-13 (199 or less)
Long-term goal: 140 lbs.

Naughty
Old 03-31-2013, 01:29 PM   #130  

HEY EVERYONE! HAPPY EASTER!
Hope everyone has a good day and enjoys their celebrations. A few treats are ok, but we don't want to eat candy/goodies all week long.

JEZ:
I just purchased a couple new pairs of athletic shoes from Kohl's online and took advantage of a 30% off coupon. My running days are over, but I tend to buy running shoes. I actually don't replace my shoes as often as I should. I think we are supposed to replace them every 3 months? Every time I get new shoes, I usually rotate the old ones for yard work. One pair that I'm definitely going to buy is bright as well, lol. I think a lot of them are bright so we are more visible on the street (not that it helps California drivers from doing a hit and run).

I've learned that I need to look at the ingredients carefully. Sugar free or low fat or fat free don't necessarily mean they are right for me or are low in calories. It can be deceiving.

AMANDIE:
I hope you are enjoying your Easter celebration! It is at times like this that a second refrigerator would seem a blessing. But on 2nd thought, it can be best to NOT have that much food at hand. Large coolers/ice chests and ice can help out in a pinch.

DANGEROUS:
Good job on the mileage! I'm glad you have some sunshine and can enjoy the great outdoors!

Last edited by munchey; 03-31-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:18 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Ugh. I had a bad weekend. My mom came in town (she is not the easiest to get along with) and we ate out a couple times.. I made bad choices.. I didn't gain anything but I need to get my weight loss back in gear! My Dr. wanted me down 10 lbs before I saw her again and I see her again April 12th. I have 12 days to get down 3 lbs... I can do it, but I need to buckle down. I also need to get back to losing weight..

last week I posted this
Current- 223.2
Goal- 220"

This week
Current-
Goal- 219

LET ME GET TO THE TEENSSSSS

Last edited by Sinderelly; 03-31-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Sinderelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:57 PM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
I think replacing shoes every 3 months is probably for high mileage walkers/runners. I can't imagine replacing mine that often! I have too many that I alternate, and many I don't use for months (or, um, many pairs i've never worn*cough*).

I tend to use one good pair of walking shoes for my outdoor walking. I double checked with some research and most sources recommend that walking shoes should be replaced every 300 to 500 miles (or every 3 to 6 months). Three months is a bit on the short end, so mileage is probably the best indicator. If you wear a lot of different shoes, then mileage would be your best way of checking.

It is mentioned that shoes can look good, but the interior can break down. I've used some for one year or more, so I definitely need to work on the 6 month target with 100 miles a month. I might try the suggestion to have two pairs and trade off (maybe 2 pairs a year). Since I have knee problems and some it band issues, I need to error on the side of caution. I'll try anything if it means less joint pain, lol.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #133  
I got this

You can do it, Sinderelly!!!

Jez- I once ate half of a bag of SF candy and was one with the toliet for hours too, I'm done with SF candies. York peppemint patties are one of my favorites, the junior mints too, sometimes I put them in the freezer and suck on them to make them last longer.

Munchey- Way to go on the 2lbs gone! I'm glad the PT exercises may be helping your knee. for it to get a lot better soon!

Goals for this week- Track everything I eat, lose at least a pound (2 would be awesome but we'll see) and to work out 2 times at least.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #134  

GOOD MORNING CAMPERS!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and if there were any slips, you are geared to get back on track today!

I'm feeling a bit like the above graphic this morning. I slipped on my food plan yesterday. I had a bit too much ham at Easter dinner. I avoided all sweets - so did well in that area. My parents insisted that I take some ham home. Unfortunately, I indulged in more ham, pop tortilla chips and dried mango in the evening. The Pop Chips and dried mango weren't necessarily bad, but I had way too much of them.

Today, I'm getting back on track and continuing in the right direction.

SINDERELLY:
You can do it! I'm betting that you will be 3 pounds lighter and make that 10pound loss by your doctor's appointment!

Naughty

Last edited by munchey; 04-01-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5 feet

Hello, I am new to this site and would love to join fat camp. I am a mother of two little boys and they drive me up a wall. I would LOVE to have the energy to keep up with them. Are there any suggestions on how I can jump start this new adventure in my life?? Thanks!
Natalia1516 is offline   Reply With Quote