Old 09-24-2012, 01:18 AM   #151  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Lishar 300 calories isnt bad at all. my calories fluctuate throughout the week. thursday i only ate 900, but friday i ate 1650. i think its more about averages?

Tyla thanks!

Snow good luck on the trip out of town!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #152  
Growing where I'm planted

Hello, this is my very first post on this site. I'd love to join you ladies in your Thanksgiving goal. I have been on a quest for the past 5 months to change my lifestyle and so far have lost 27 pounds. According to all of the weight/height charts, I have about 10 more to go. I've been holding steady at 153 for weeks now; I know why: I indulge in those random cravings and fail to get any real exercise. Maybe joining with you ladies will give me the inspiration to reach this ultimate goal. Thanks for the forum, the support seems so helpful.
Reyna777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #153  
the muse of memory

Hello Reyna! Congrats on your loss thus far and welcome! Best of luck on your re-boot and your Thanksgiving goal.

tyla - thank you! The house is still a mess and I've made no progress on painting because I was away over the weekend. And had to devote my time to sorting out the garden (mowing, weeding) before the crab grass grew into an impenetrable, faery-tale style wall. I hope your out-to-dinner went well! My big victory this weekend was resisting the fund-raising chocolates at the symphony.

Mountain Mamma - are you by any chance in WV? I know there are loads of other mountains (many much taller) than the Appalachians, but I can't help but think of the John Denver song when I see that phrase!

Sno - I hope your weekend with your folks went well. I live about 30 miles from my parents, and regularly house-sit for them when they are away for the weekend. They have a golden retriever who enjoys lots of walks (++) and a house full of chips, chocolates, and ice cream (--). So I (sort of) know the feeling. I did well this weekend, though.

julia - congrats on your loss! only 7.5 lbs to go, maybe you WILL make it by Halloween.

lishar - I think going overplan for Hungarian mushroom soup and squash ravioli with hazelnuts is the way to go overplan. (grins) Glad you had a great meal and hope you have a good weekend!

I bought a new jacket for fall, in super-soft purple (faux?) suede. At a department store. Yes, in plus sizes, but I have been so plus-size that I could only find clothes that fit at one local store, so wandering about the department store in search of clothes was - well, nice. I had to search out the fitting rooms, though. It made me laugh.

They had lime green, which I wanted, but purple seemed more - practical.

Oh! and the jacket was via a Goodwill sale. Donate an item and get a coupon for 25% off. I donated 2 coats I wore last year and the year before. They were a bit big last year, but didn't look terrible.

Glanced at the sizing and they were size 34. New jacket: size 24. For most people, a 24 is a starting point, not a victory. But:
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Back on track!

Hi all!

well I am back and it didnt go too badly. I gained only 3 lbs which I am very happy about.

The first two days I really did well. I went out to lunch with mom and lo and behold the menu had calorie counts on them!!! I was so happy and ordered accordingly...some of the items had scary calorie counts!

The next day I went to sonic burger with my sister. I had looked up calorie the night before and figured out I could have a decent lunch if I ate off the kids menu. I did and I was full and satisfied!

After that I kinda went over board but not as much as usual.

I feel much less worried about the holidays. If I can do that well at my parents then I can definitely manage holidays!

Reyna--welcome--we have a wonderful group here. I hope we can keep this going for those of us who have goals after ThanksG

Lishar: your exercise program is inspirational!!

Tyla: dont even weigh yourself while on antibiotics--that can really mess with your body chemistry and give you a false reading.

Mmemosyne: doesnt it feel great to be able to choose from more options! that happens at every level I go down. And getting a new outfit shows off the weight loss--wearing the same old bulky clothes when they are too big just hides it. Great job--I hope your new jacket inspires you!!

Glad to be back all and back on track!!

sno
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #155  

Hi all!

just checking in--got back fully on track and lost two lbs yesterday of the weight I gained while on holiday. one more to go.

cheers all!

sno
Old 09-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #156  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

I did ok while away. Basically no change, 237 Monday morning. So no real change in almost 2 weeks. I bought a new scale that has body fat calculation built in. I wanted the Aria but its way to expensive for me and I don't need it to wirelessly send my weight to fitbit. It should arrive today. My scale can vary by 2-3lbs at a time.

I am getting a bit frustated with my plateau. Not sure what I am going to do about it yet. I have been reading more about eating more to weigh less.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #157  
a work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemosyne View Post
Hello Reyna!

julia - congrats on your loss! only 7.5 lbs to go, maybe you WILL make it by Halloween.
uhh, that would be amazing, but im not banking on it. hahahahaha. ill just aim for 10 by thanksgiving, but thanks!

im weighing in tomorrow so we'll seee......
Old 09-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #158  
the muse of memory

Sno - congrats on getting the vacation weight off so quickly! You must be pleased.

lishar - sorry that your plateau continues. Those are so frustrating. I wish I could magic it away for you, but good luck on figuring it out!

Julia - good luck on your weigh-in today!

I am doing well this week but will have another challenging weekend, as this is the weekend of the Greek festival. Am not Greek, just love baklava (and spanakopita, tyropita and the greek-style green beans, and so on) & will probably get at least two meals there, and buy a box of mixed pastries to take as my dish for dinner on Sunday. Though I think I will plan to leave the pastries in the car so they don't tempt me elsewhere.
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #159  

Default 8 weeks to go!

Hi all!

okay I am back to where I was before vacation! so if all goes well I will be 16 llbs down by thanksgiving. My goal is to be down 22 lbs down by the end of the year. then no holidays for a while. phew!

Lishar: good job on maintaining while gone--you are a better dieter than I! hang in there--you will get a woosh for sure!!

mneomosyne: good luck with the greek food! the green beans sound good.

cheers all!

sno
Old 09-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Sno, you were so right... I should have stayed off the scale. I get really discouraged by that thing. Shows I'm back up a lb.... like I hardly lost anything since I started this challenge. The good part is that I'm off antibiotics now. It's only 8 weeks until Thanksgiving, and I don't have much to show for it. I have stayed within my eating range did do WATP. Maybe next week will be better.

Mnemosyne, good luck at the Greek Festival. Stay strong. By the way, the restaurant outing with friends went well. We even danced that night!

Lishar, I feel your pain about the plateau. Let's believe it will happan, and we will lose weight!

Julia, good luck at weigh in.

Reyna, welcome!

I think the bottom line is that I need to exercise more, now that I'm off antibiotics. Maybe that will shake things up a bit. Only 2 more days until Friday! Only 8 weeks until Thanksgiving!

Last edited by tyla; 09-26-2012 at 04:51 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #161  
a work in progress

thanks ladies!!

im down 0.6 lb this week, which is fine but i still feel a little blah about it.

lishar - let us know how it goes with the new scale!

mnemosyne - you can make it! just be conscious of what you're consuming and strong. youll be fine!

tyla - im thinking of upping the exercise as well. what is your plan?

sno - good job getting back to where you were. special occasions can REALLY throw me for a loop.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Hello Everybody!

Hanging in there, hope everyone is fine.

Sno, that's amazing you already lost your "going home weight".

Lishar, sorry about the plateau. Hope the new scale is better, that really makes a difference. How's your daughter's arm?

Julia - I really admire your return and dedication to re-losing, and it looks like you are starting off well.

mnemosyne - No, I don't live in WV - the user name is because I love mountains - and hiking (okay, make that walking ). May change my user name though to avoid confusion with another MM on the board. There are so many clever names & cute avatars on the site, but I just have no imagination!

Tyla - glad you are feeling better. Tell us what your exercise plans are if you don't mind sharing.

15 lbs from goal weight BUT mine is not the body I had pictured at this, my lowest weight in years. Egad, who stole my legs and left these lumpy bumpy jello things in their place? Is there such a thing as a girdle for thighs? Ugh. For the rest of the year my main focus will be exercise.
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

I am so up too it, I hope by that time I am at least 200. I believe I can do it. But I tell you ladies I will not be eating any holiday Food! It will be so hard because I am cooking and my husband eats a lot and never gains weight! Can't wait to share with you ladies!
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Julia and Mamma, I have no plans. I was super dizzy today, which means the meds are still doing a number on me. The best thing I can do right now is take it easy, gentle walking and trying to tone, instead of doing a lot of cardio. Oh, well, I had good intentions.

Welcome, Fatness!

Last edited by tyla; 09-27-2012 at 08:23 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #165  
a work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Mamma View Post
Julia - I really admire your return and dedication to re-losing, and it looks like you are starting off well.
thank yooou. i hate myself for regaining it but i guess it couldve ended up worse!