Old 08-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Ate well and exercised today.

LittleBB, congrats on doing so well!

GettinFit, thanks for your encouragement and congrats for continuing to do so well.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #92  

tyla
Thanks for the support. And congratulations to you for staying OP and
for having a good day today. Today is hot but I am staying OP and drinking a lot of water to stay hydrated.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #93  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'8

This thread is hard to follow while on vacation. lol

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes!

@jonah - I have never heard of sunbutter, but it sounds amazing.

@Gettinfit - Congrats on taking the walk instead of napping. Sounds like your week is going to be great overall

@bumblebee - Wow! Congrats on being sugar and junk food free for so long! Keep at it!

Yesterday I went completely off plan. I had 800 calories over my budget. I just can't say no to sweet people who offer me food. Sweet people and sweet food...these are my weaknesses. But i'm back on track today, got some exercise in and plan to end up under budget today. Hopefully I can be enough under the rest of the week to make up for yesterday. Feeling a little disappointed in myself, but determined to keep going.
RachelRawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #94  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I had a craptastic day today - work sucked, I had a bit of an emotional blow, I really felt like I was going to have a melt down. And we had pizza for our monthly lunch meeting - my favorite food of all time! I managed to eat only 1-1/2 pieces, though. And after work, instead of coming home and eating the bag of mint M&Ms I have stashed away, I walked for 90 minutes. I did have a small bowl of ice cream when I got home, but I didn't go on a binge. So that's a win!

RachelRawr, most people here will tell you that the best thing to do after going off plan for a day (or more) is to just get back with the program. Don't punish yourself, don't try to go too far under your calories for the rest of the week, just keep moving forward. We all falter occasionally. It's the getting back up that makes us stronger. (Which is why I have Superman-like strength! )
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #95  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! @Jonah, this thread helped me! I did so good yesterday with my eating. I even turned down McDonald's last night and ate at home. I had eaten healthy all day and I just couldn't see eating that junk. I went to Walmart and looked at the donuts in the bakery, and just looked. I told myself it was ok to look but I was making new habits now. WooHoo for me.

Now on to day two. I will be back tomorrow.
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #96  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Good morning girls!

@ Steph7409 - I hope you have a better day today. You mentioned you were eating too many calories during the day. Is there any chance you could possibly bump up your water intake during the day? If not, maybe you could add more fruit? I find both help to keep me a little fuller.

@ JJazzyPeggy - That's great you were able to turn that down! Keep it up!

As for me I'm so proud of myself because yesterday I did a 2 mile walk at home DVD in the morning and did a 1 mile walk at home DVD before my strength training class so I worked out 3 times yesterday. lol I'm so close to my second goal of getting out of the 230's so I'm going to bump up my cardio for the next few days.

I had like 2 handful of chips during the day yesterday (calories: 270 x 2 = EEK!) so I hope I burned those off. I find if I don't treat myself to something once in a while I will totally binge, but I hope to be able to eat completely clean one day soon!
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #97  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone

Sunnyside - Great job on doing 3 workouts yesterday and on controlling the chips. When I get started with them I can't stop until the whole bag is gone. I'm hoping that I can soon get to the point where I can eat a serving and be satisfied and not go on a binge.

Steph - I hope today is a better day at work for you. Way to go on your 90 minute walk and only eating 1.5 pc of pizza.

JazzyPeggy - for you on resisting the donuts and eating OP yesterday! You are going to see good results on the scale for that.

RachelRawr - Sorry that your day didn't go as planned but don't beat yourself up over it. Just focus on being 100 % OP today and try not to deprive yourself too much the rest of the week.

Littlebumblebee - on making day 15 being sugar free and junk free You are half way through the month! I'm still working at getting in more water. The scale finally went back down to 212 so I've gotten rid of most of the water weight.

I'm doing good so far today. I have an appt at the hair salon after work so I got up early and did a Firm DVD this morning. I'm hoping that I can still get in some walking at the mall afterwards.

You all are so motivating and I thank you all for the encouragement you give! Have a great day everyone.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Checking in... rough week, a few off days. I'm jumping right back in though. I don't want to ruin the progress I've made the last few weeks. Luckily my bad days were in the beginning of the week, I caught it quickly, and I can fix this before the next weigh in and see a drop so that I don't get discouraged.

It's all about Super Woman strength... determination, and persistence!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

I started eating sugar-free, too. This is day 2. Thanks, LittleBB, for your inspiration!

I'm eating better and I Just finished 32 minutes on the treadmill. Taking it slow, because the last time I overdid it in this very hot weather, I got sick. I feel great now.

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by tyla; 08-16-2012 at 04:51 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #100  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

GettinFit - Thanks dear! I can really feel the effects from the 3 workouts today.

I hear you the binge part, but I'm not totally there just yet. I made a sandwich for lunch and said "well I'll have one palmful of chips and that's it". Wrong! I went for another handful and had to go brush my teeth so I wouldn't be tempted again! haha

tyla - Good luck going sugar-free. It wasn't easy at times, but it is making a huge difference in my life!
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #101  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

We've been trying to get projects done so I haven't had much time on the computer, and we've been eating out more often so I need to keep away from Mr Scale because I'm sure he's mad at me.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #102  

Today is day 16 of being sugar free. It feels so much better having 16 sugar free days, instead of having 16 days of binge eating sugar, as I have in the past. This is a wonderful accomplishment, and it feels great!

RachelRawr
Keep moving forward, and do not look back! We cannot undo mistakes, but we can learn to make better decisions.

Steph
Congratulations on the 90 minutes walk! Your walk helped to burn off the calories of the pizza. Your day was a lot better than you realize. You walked, you resisted eating the mint MM's, that is success!

JazzyPeggy
Congratulations on turning down McDonald's and doughnuts!

Sunnyside
You are doing great! All of that walking burned a lot of calories.

GettinFit
Wahooooo! Congratulations on losing the weight.
You are doing great, and you are strong! I am drinking lots more water,
but I am still retaining water. I am not sure if it is the heat or TOM.
Which ever it is, I hope the water retention,that I have goes away soon.

Enygirl
Excellent work, and yes, you have superwoman strength! You can finish the week strong, by staying OP.

tyla
Congratulations on day 2 of being sugar free! My sugar craving is gone, but I have head cravings from the habit of always eating something sweet. But the head craving is a lot easier to handle than the actual sugar craving.

Penguin
I hope you are having a nice day!
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #103  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good evening everyone,

Enygirl - I'm sorry that you've had a rough week but congrats for jumping right back on your plan. I hope today was better for you. Stay strong.

Tyla - Great job on your challenge to stay sugar free. Keep up the great work!

WOW Littlebumblebee - 16 days is awesome!!! You are rockin it.

Sunnyside - I use the brush the teeth tip too. It really works for me. I also chew Extra gum at night. Right now, I'm chewing the Apple Pie flavored gum. I hope the rest of your day was successful.

Penguin - I hope the scale isn't too bad to you

I had another good day. After I left the hair salon I did do about a 20 minute mall walk in addition to my Firm workout this morning.

I hope everyone has a great evening.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:21 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 128/ticker/92

Height: 5'1''

Checking in again. This week so far has been alright for me and I've stayed OP almost perfectly, but yesterday I went over my calorie limit by about 300 kcals, but that was that and today I surely won't allow myself to go over my limit. Had a horrible walk to Tuesday as well, went for a walk with my friend and after a long walk we ended up getting lost. So we ended up walking half longer haha. But that's just more exercise and burned calories I guess. Other than that I've been taking my own lunches to school as planned, everythings pretty much ok and still being motivated about this.

RachelRawr It's alright, none of us are perfect. Don't beat yourself up about it although I know the guilty feeling. I could say that you should probably inform those people that you want to change your eating habits so they'd know not to offer sweet food of theirs. Well I'd recommend doing that anyways, obviously only if you're comfortable telling anyone, I think it'd help at least a bit. I wish you good luck and success with your plan.

Enygirl That's the Super Woman strength indeed! I hope you'll do good with your plan for the rest of the week.
smoosmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #105  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies and Happy Friday

Great job Smoosmoo - 300 cals over for the week isn't bad. You're doing great!

I hope you all have a great day. I won't be able to check in again until tonght but I plan on having a great day.