Old 07-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #1  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Default August 2012 Challenge to Stay "On Plan" - Daily Check In

Our main goal on this thread is to stay ON PLAN (or OP for short) with whatever weight loss plan you're following. Everyone is welcome to join in.

August 2012 Challenge:

1. Stay ON PLAN the month. Challenge yourself to be OP with your eating for the month. Be sure to come here to the board if you feel like you are going to go off-course and need some support!
2. Set a weight loss goal only if you feel comfortable doing so.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to do some form of exercise every week.
4. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THE THREAD and check in with us. The accountability is important and a great way to stay on track.

Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do so! Feel free to track your daily eating, daily exercising...anything you'd like! We are here for each other because we're all here for a common goal: to be healthy, fit and happy!! For those who are struggling right now, why not re-commit and let today be your turnaround. WE CAN DO IT so have a great month everyone!!!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #2  
Stay Focused & Committed

July was a pretty good month for me after the first week so I want to keep this momentum going through August. My goals are:

1. Continue counting calories in August and stay close to my daily allotment
2. Work out at least 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes a day
3. Work harder at drinking more water (at least 6-8 a day)
4. Log in here daily
5. Don't be discouraged if the scale doesn't go down when I think it should. Acknowledge the fact that my success is not measured by the scale.
6. Lose at least 2 inches off my waist.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:08 PM   #3  

Hi GettinFitEverytime I give up and come back you are here, going strong, and staying positive. That is very inspiritional and I like to say THANK YOU!

My Goals for August 2012
1. I will be sugar free, processed food free, for the entire month of August.
2. I will take my measurements once a week.
3. I will lift weights once a week.
4. I will do some type of aerobic exercise at least 3 times a week.
5. I will remain positive, and upbeat and keep trying.
6. I will check in here daily for accountability.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I will not 'eat' my stress this week
I will exercise daily
I will watch my portions
I will check in often

I am forgetting something...
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #5  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I've been on plan for one day in a row, so I'm ready for August!

My goals for the month:

1. No compulsive overeating.
2. 2400 exercise minutes.
3. Try to be patient - about the results on the scale, the new firm administrator who's irritating the piss out of me, other drivers, and on and on!

GettinFit, I just ordered the Beck book from Amazon. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #6  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

I had a NSV today. Work told Hubby about 10am today that he will be flying to NYC again this week. He leaves tomorrow morning and will be gone until Friday. Thanks for the warning. So after he told me the first thing I did was go to the kitchen, grap the tortilla chips and munch away. I had about 12 when I realized I was only eating because I was upset. I put the bag away and immediately started on a new project.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #7  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning everyone.

Bumblebee - Thanks and welcome back! Your goals for the month are great and just take it one meal at a time and you WILL succeed. This journey is so hard but as long as we don't give up, we have the chance to succeed. I want so bad for this to be the year I do it and now that there are only 5 months left in the year, I have to step up my game. I hope you have an awesome August and see great results

Penguin - Great job on controlling how many chips you ate. You had the right attitude. This week I've been working really hard at controlling those urges to eat when I'm not really hungry. I have been so amazed at how many times when I'm feeling uncomfortable that I immediately think of eating something. It feels so good to ignore those urges. I hope you have a very successful month.

Steph - Let me know what you think of the Beck Solution. Did you get the workbook too? This program has really helped me to work through those urges I get to stuff my face with food. I am so amazed at how I am able to turn off those urges and move on to something else.

I am in for a bit of a challenge today because I am going out to lunch with co-workers. I have gone online and checked out the menu and decided what I will order. There will be NO DESSERT for me. I'm feeling very strong. This weekend I will have my family visiting from Fri-Mon and it will be crazy but I am planning to stay on track. I will track my calories over the weekend and I'm planning to get in some activities.

I hope you all have a great start to the month

My Journal

B: 2 sl light wheat with Laughing Cow, 1/2 C skim milk, coffee w/creamer
L: Grilled shrimp, salad or veggie, Lots of water (Going out for Lunch to Prime Italian Steak House)
D: Turkey sandwich, C RF gumbo
S: 1/2 C cheeries, banana
Exercise: WW Punch
Old 08-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #8  

GettinFit: I totally understand what you mean about the last 5 months of the year. I want to end on a high of feeling good an being successful and losing weight. I have a long ways to go, but I have finally started and I want to stick with it to the very end.

Steph I am with you, that I want to end my compulsive overeating.

Penguin You had a great victory. To be able to stop before you do damage is very successful. I want to end my endless, mindless, stress eating, and to take control of my eating for good health

Today is my first day to getting started and staying on track. It is August and it is hot and I will be successful by sticking with my diet and exercise.That is my affirmation
Old 08-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #9  
Stay Focused & Committed

littlebumblebee - We can do this!! I have a ways to go too but my first goal is to get to onederland. Let's just take it one pound at a time until we get to where we want to be.

I went to lunch and I'm happy to say that I stayed 100% in control. I checked out the menu before hand so I knew what I would be ordering. I had grilled shrimp (5 large), a side of asparagas w/hollandaise sauce and a Coke Zero. I drank lots of water so I was stuffed after eating. Now if I can successfully get through this weekend I'll be happy.

I will be going on a cruise the first of Oct and on another one at the end of Nov. My goal is to be at onederland when I sail on Oct 4. I'd like to be at 189 when I leave in Nov. That is my goal and I am going to make it

I hope everyone else is having a great day so far.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Okay - i'm joining in. It's been too long...again. Now I have another goal to work towards - a WEDDING! Not sure when it'll be yet, but the boyfriend told me to start looking into things for the wedding. SO I HAVE to stay on plan in order to have the "dream me" in my "dream wedding." Today is the 1st - no better time to start!

1. Count calories every day and log them on Myfitness pal.
2. Workout a minimum of 30 minutes 3x's a week
3. Water...water...water (it's my biggest downfall).
4. Check in on the board DAILY! I used to be on here all the time (3 years ago) and <3 the support! I NEED it again!
5. Lose weight... no set number, but the number MUST go down. (Weigh in on Monday was #233)

I just keep thinking - I have #88 to lose to hit my goal. I Desperately want to be there when i walk down the aisle!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #11  

GettinFit
You have a very positive attitude and you will reach all of your goals, because you have staying power! I have a vacation coming up in September and I want to feel good about myself when I step on the plane. I want to feel healthy and feel good.

Enygirl
Congratulations. We can slim down together, to be super happy, healthy brides. I have my wedding gown. And it is too small. When I purchased the gown it fit perfect. And over the months I did a lot of stress eating and now it is too small. I want to get back into my gown so that I can set the wedding date.

First day on track and I feel good. I had only natural foods, green tea, and I have been drinking a lot of water. I am off to a good start and I want to keep going forward. I am tired of losing and gaining the same pounds over and over again. I want to keep losing and losing and keep the pounds off.

Last edited by littlebumblebee; 08-01-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #12  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Talking

August 2012 Challenge:

1-I'm doing my own low carb diet so
-no pasta, rice, poatoes, no sweets from the places around my job, eat breakfast at home, next week is bring lunch at least 3 days a (week, mon, wed and fri.)

Only eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm satisfied.

-2. weight lose goal is 7lbs. I'm 332 as of today

-3. Exercise at least 3 days a week.

-4. I'll check in 4 days a week
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #13  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I had a pretty good day today and stayed in my calorie range. I walked for 90 minutes after work and really enjoyed it.

Tomorrow is going to be tough. My firm is having a BBQ and there will be much tasty food there. It will be a good opportunity to practice moderation!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #14  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

My first check in, Eating is ok. Thinking about the idea of not eating after a certain time, but wondering if that actually changes much. Frustrated because my TOM should be anyday now and I'm bloated and wanna do mean things to my scale....grrrrr other than that life is good.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #15  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Count me in! This is one of the reasons I stopped lurking and decided to join this forum...for support.

My personal goal is to stay on track and continue to:

1. Workout 6 days a week (mixture of strength-training, cardio, powerwalking, tennis, Pilates)

2. Be aware of what I'm eating in calories.

3. Continue to stay in control with what foods and drinks I eat. Plan out my meals the day before and eat 4 - 5 small meals per day and limit drink juices.

4. Drink water out of my favorite 32 oz. cup 2 times per day (in addition to the water I drink during and after workouts).

5. Weigh myself every Wednesday and take measurements the first Wednesday of each month.

In terms of goals:

- I want to be in the high 220's by the end of the month. I'm currently at 235.
- I want to lose 1+ inches off my thighs.
- I want my triceps to be a little more toner.
- Do more ab work. The pouch has to go!

Last edited by SunnySide99; 08-02-2012 at 08:51 AM.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote