Old 08-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Just got off the treadmill after 43 minutes. Going to the doctor tomorrow for my yearly, and I just don't want to get on the scale. I'm up several pounds from last year, and that makes me feel bad about me. My ticker doesn't reflect that I'm a few pounds up from that! Losing weight is a slow process for me. Just gotta keep going.

Let's make this a great day, everyone!
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #152  

Today is day 23 of being sugar free and junk food free. Now I want to focus on really counting every calorie and start seeing some pounds fall away.

tyla
55 minute on the treadmill and 43 minutes today, you are doing great.

Steph
I can relate to having to ban the peanuts. I have tried to keep them in the house and have 1-2 servings. I just could not do it, and I had to ban them.
Your tapestry is beautiful!

Penguin
What yeast do you use? I want to try baking bread again. Thanks

Clevername
Congrats on losing the 5 lbs, that is great!
The only thing that has helped me with my sugar cravings is to give up sugar.
I no longer crave the sugar. But, I missed eating it out of habit.
Yes, Yes, please share the recipe with me. Thanks.

GettinFit
Wahoooo! Congratulations on losing 25 lbs!!!!
And congratulations on losing 6 inches off of your waist!
Your are doing great, You rock!

JazzyPeggy
Keep going and going, you are doing fantastic!
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #153  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'8

Hello ladies!

@steph - love the tapestry! Looks like a lot of work! It's beautiful. And the purses are cute!!

@Clever - I usually brush my teeth to keep me from snacking. Painting your nails would work too. Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you. I know it's tough not to give in, but you are strong! And I agree with bumblebee. Share that recipe!

@Gettinfit - Congrats on your 25 pound loss, that's awesome!! Keep it up!

@tyla - good job with your workouts!

@penguin - Thanks for sharing some of your bread making techniques. I'm definitely gonna give it a try sometime soon. I love the smell of fresh bread.

@bumblebee - Thanks! I definitely feel like a super woman right now

@Eny - ooo. hooded cowl with sleeves sounds nice too! I don't take as much time as i'd like to to knit. For some reason I run out of steam quickly...I will get super excited about a project, but then after a while I stop working on it. I've got a bunch of unfinished things lying around the room.

@peggy - Keep it up! You are doing great!

Been an OP couple of days. I've noticed that i've been feeling less...blob-y? lately. lol. I can really feel my weight loss. I feel happier about myself even though i can't really see a difference in the mirror. I'm hoping I can keep a good weight loss pace and be at my goal weight by my birthday in April.
RachelRawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #154  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I did 46min of weights. Chest and Triceps

Bee, my yeast is in the starter so I don't have to add it every time. Can't help you there.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #155  
Chick On A Mission

S/C/G: 208 / 170 / 130

Height: 5' 7" or 67"

I know it's late in the month, however I have been tracking this in my written agenda all month. Actually I am going to do a blog post about how I track. I have been super busy with starting a new job, and still working at my other. School and family life, but I have noticed that not being on 3FC seems to effect my accountability. I feel like I have to stay accountable because of all of you wonderful women on here. So thank you to you all for the help you lend in this process.

August 2012 OP Goals
1. Log food daily on LoseIt app, stay under calories. (UserName: LeecieCason)
2. Weight loss goal of 165.0#; But weigh and measure every Sunday.
3. Exercise 15 days this month, MINIMUM...
4. Check in daily from this point forward.

August 2012
01: No exercise; Took RX; Didn't Log;
02: No exercise; Took RX; Didn't Log;
03: No exercise; No RX; Didn't Log;
04: No exercise; No RX; Didn't Log;
05: No exercise; No RX; Didn't Log; Weighed In & Measured;
06: No exercise; No RX; Didn't Log;
07: No exercise; No RX; Didn't Log;
08: No exercise; Took RX; Didn't Log;
09: No exercise; Took RX; Didn't Log;
10: Dancing - 2.5hrs; Took RX; Didn't Log;
11: No exercise; Took RX; Didn't Log;
12: No exercise; Took RX; Didn't Log; Weighed In & Measured;
13: Zumba - 1hr; Took RX; Didn't Log;
14: Step 1 - 1hr; Took RX; Logged Food Under 383cal;
15: Walking - 30min; Took RX; Didn't Log;
16: Body Step - 1hr; Took RX; Logged Food Under 786cal;
17: No exercise; Took RX; Logged Food Under 206cal;
18: Hiking RR - 2hrs; Took RX; Logged Food Under 706cal;
19: No exercise; Took RX; Logged Food Over 129cal; Weighed In & Measured
20: Zumba - 1hr; Took RX; Logged Food Under 781cal;
21: Step 1 - 1hr; Took RX; Logged Food Under 206cal;
22: Zumba - 1hr; Arms; Took RX; Logged Food Under 827cal;
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:
30:
31:
LeeciesLosingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #156  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I ate okay today. Granola for breakfast, chicken caesar salad for lunch, another salad for dinner (I found this great pear gorgonzola viniagrette - very sweet, which I like). I think I've had about a pound of romaine lettuce.

I scored again at the Talbot's Outlet - 3 pairs of super-soft pants in good fall colors. And they're actually the right length! I'm apparently a hobbit as far as clothes makers are concerned, so pants are usually way too long for me. But these are really slim through the calf so they work. So exciting!

Leecie, I'm on Lose It too. I credit it with my success this time around.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #157  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Hi everyone!

I'm having a good week. I am not pushing as hard as I did last week, but I'm still watching what I eat and working out everyday. I walked 6 miles yesterday (I have been breaking up my walks - one in the AM and another in PM) and I did a short core workout.

Last weekend I hit my second goal of getting out of the 230's. The last time I checked my weight was on Tuesday and I was down 1 lb from the weekend. Will probably weigh myself this weekend.

I'm going to have to go shopping this weekend to pick up some new clothes and underwear because some of my old ones no longer fit!

Also I was craving a slurpee from 7-11 last night. I ended up thinking about how happy I was last weekend with my weight loss, chewed a piece of gum and I made myself forget about it.

Last edited by SunnySide99; 08-24-2012 at 09:24 AM.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #158  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies - Happy Friday!

Welcome Leecie - It's never too late to join in. This thread along with the Lose It app is really helping me to stay focused and on track. If you'd like to friend me on Lose It, my screen name is GettinFit. I wish you much success

Penguin - Great job on the workouts.

Steph - Enjoy wearing your new pants. I can't wait to start shopping for size 8s & 10s.

Congrats for staying OP, Eny, Rachel, Bumblebee, Tyla Keep up the great work.

CleverName - How's it going?

I've got all my food planned out for the day so it should be easy for me. I brought my workout clothes so that I can go straight to Stone Mountain to walk after work. Hopefully it won't be raining.

I hope you all have a great OP day.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #159  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

I thought I had checked in all ready. I am doing great about some things, but I made poor food choices yesterday and was way over my point allowance. So today, it's back on track for me.

Gettinfit, I may be getting a blackberry in a few weeks, I'll have to check out that app.
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #160  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Hey, I just found out I can use LoseIt on the web. I am sparklepeggy
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #161  

Today is day 24 of being sugar free and junk food free. As of today I want to count and write down every single calorie that I eat.

RachelRawr
That is a great feeling to have to feel the weight loss, to feel healthy.
You are doing great and moving in the right direction to even more success.

Penguin
Thanks. If I cannot figure out how to make a bread that taste good, I will buy one of those bread making machines.

LeeciesLosingIt
Welcome!

Steph
Your food choices are very healthy, and even better, they sound
delicious.

Sunnyside
Congratulations on losing a pound. And a big congratulations on not giving
into a craving. That is one thing that keeps me going. Is when I think about missing out on some super dessert, I remind myself how much happier I am since giving up sugar and junkfood and taking care of myself.

GettinFit
You just keep motivating me. Thanks.
I need to focus on really writing down every single calorie that I am eating. Lately I have been estimating, and that just is not working.

JazzyPeggy
As long as you know what you need to correct to stay on track and make those changes, you are doing great.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #162  

I did 60 min alternating a lower body strength exercise with a plyo exercise.

Someone on a exercise forum posted a idea for a morning 'latte', mixing protein powder with coffee. My version consisited of 1 scoop choc powder, 1 TB fiber, 1 c milk, little less coffee, I used a stick blender to get it frothy then added ice. Very good and I didn't have to add sweetner or creamer
Old 08-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

GettinFit- Congrats on the 25 lb loss- that's a major accomplishment! And 6" off your waistline- wow! I bet you feel great! Hope the weather cooperates with you so you can have a nice walk.

Jazzy- Great that you're continuing on. Retaining your motivation is one of the most important things! Each day is a new day, you can do it today!

Tyla- You're doing great on the treadmill! How did your dr visit go today?

Bee- You are doing an amazing job! I really admire your perseverance and discipline. BTW, my 4 yo daughter loves your dancing carrot and banana in your siggy!

Rachel- Good job staying OP! That's great that you're feeling better about yourself- it's great when your weight loss is not only in the number you see on the scale, but how you feel about yourself.

Penguin- Nice work with the weights!

Leecies- Welcome! It's neat to see the month written out like that, isn't it?

Steph- That's great that you found some new pants- I rarely find pants that I don't have to hem. Gap capri length often work for me, my inseam is about 28.5" long!

Sunny- Congrats on making it to the 220's! Well done on saying no to the slurpee.

As for me- I'm doing ok- I think that I need to take baby steps, or at least regular steps instead of trying to take a giant leap and then be disappointed with myself when I don't stay OP. Small steps for me right now are not binging. My 'high-risk' times are in the afternoon (like right now) and in the evenings, if my dh isn't home. He keeps me accountable.

I don't know what to call it- it isn't really binging- it is, just on a smaller scale than what I read about what others do. For lack of a better term, I call it binging or mini-binge.

I won't be around this weekend- may be able to check in in the evenings. We'll be at Family Camp this weekend, but we're just going for the day on Saturday and Sunday. It's only 25 min out of town, so with little ones its much easier to come back home for the night rather than sleep in a cabin together!

Last edited by CleverName; 08-24-2012 at 05:53 PM.
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

Bee- Here is the bread recipe. Tasty, and surprisingly easy to make.

Whole wheat bread

6 c. warm water
2/3 c. oil
2/3 c. honey
2 tablespoons Dough enhancer (You can buy this, I just use 2 T lemon juice)
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons Vital Wheat Gluten (I don't use this at all, my bread comes out just fine!)
2 tablespoons instant yeast
10-15 cups whole wheat flour

1. Combine water, oil, honey and salt, dough enhancer, wheat gluten, yeast, and 6 c flour in mixing bowl. Turn the machine to speed 1, then on speed 2 and continue to add flour until the dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl (6-8 minutes).
2. Put the dough into well greased pans immediately. Let the loaves rise until they are double in size.
3. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.

My tips:
*This recipe makes 4 loaves.
*It takes a bit of practice to get a nice shape to the dough before you place it in the pan. I'll stretch the loaf out to the length of the pan, and then kinda shape it and pinch the bottom closed. The loaf will rise and move out to the sides of the pan, it doesn't have to be perfect.
*I let the loaves rise in the oven, with the oven light on to warm the oven just enough for them to rise. I usually let them rise for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, then just turn the oven on to 350 and bake for about 40-45 min. I don't worry about the oven heating all the way to 350 before I place the loaves in, especially since I've just risen the loaves in the oven anyhow.

We've been making bread since Sept 2010- one month before dd2 was born. With the exception of the odd loaf of sourdough or french bread, we've only bought I think 2 or 3 loaves of brown bread since then. We usually freeze 2 loafs and then keep the other 2 in the fridge while they're being eaten. The frozen loaves still taste fresh once they've been thawed.

Hope that helps- let me know if you try out the recipe! Baking bread isn't as difficult as it may seem.
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #165  

Clever, what does the dough enhancer do? I like the idea of using lemon juice which I already have anyway.