Old 08-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #61  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the compliments. We are still reaching for the handle to the side by side so it will take us a while to get used to the new one.

I'm not sure why but I gained a few more lbs this week! I thought I was doing better than last {TOM} week, but apparetnly not. Its depressing. Maybe getting back into the regular routine will help. I haven't slept well, which isn't helping either.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #62  
Stay Focused & Committed

Height: 5" 5.5

Hi ladies

Just a quick drive by to say hi as I'm super busy at work today and not much time for 3FC. I'll come back for personals later tonight.

It's great to see everyone doing so well. Let's all keep it going

Have a great Friday!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #63  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Thanks so much for your support ladies!

littlebumblebee - Congratulations! We're on the same path because I've been replacing fruit with sugar as well. Last night was a bit rough as I wanted my fav. box of candy, but I went to sleep earlier than normal to stop thinking about it.

patchworkpenguin - could it be water weight? did you eat extra sodium or maybe you didn't drink enough water this week? Please don't let that get you down, I know it's not easy however. Keep us updated.

Have a wonderful weekend!
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #64  

Height: 5'4"

I know the month is a third over, but since I just started on this journey I'm going to go ahead and jump in with my goals!

1) Log every single calorie that goes into my mouth.
2) Stay within my daily calorie limit.
3) Don't bring junk into the house that will tempt me.
4) Don't give up after the first week or two when it becomes hard and the excitement and motivation is gone.

I'm not going to worry about exercise yet. I know it's important and all, but I get SO HUNGRY when I exercise and have a hard time controlling that hunger and not eating everything in sight. So, I'm going to just focus on getting my eating habits under control and will worry about the rest later. I know from past experience that if I pile too much on my plate then I'm just setting myself up for failure.
juniebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:25 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 128/ticker/92

Height: 5'1''

Good day ladies! Hope you're all doing fine.
I'm happy to tell that my scale said I'm a pound lighter when I weighted myself earlier today. I'm very happy about that now. Will work hard to lose even more and keep it all off!

littlebumblebee That's impressive! I know it's very hard to say no for chocolate, congratulations on choosing better.

tyla I wish I could ever exercise that long haha. Remember to rest well as well!

penguin That's awfull to hear... Don't let it get you too down, though, you'll surely lose all those pounds again if you stay on your plan! And it could be some other factors there as well, maybe water weight? You might be lighter tomorrow again. Hope the best for your plan, and remember to rest well, it is certainly hard when you're tired.

juniebug Welcome there! I hope the best for your plan as well! Really like that third goal statement, it never comes out good when you grab home those triple-chocolate cookies or fast food takeaways.

I hope you all have a nice weekend. Sounds cheesy but let us all fight together for our goals!
Haha I'm happy.
smoosmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #66  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I got two surprises this morning. When I opened the door to let April outside I wasn't met by a blast of heat! Its currently 72* outside and the usual humidity is down to 54% although we still have a heat index and the high will be 90*! Enjoy it while it lasts

Second, I have a modular wire shelf in my sewing room. I put it together myself when we first moved in, when my vision was still pretty bad. Its always had a certain lean forward, but its gotten a lot worse, so I'm moving everything off of it in anticipation on Hubby and I pulling it down and putting it back up. Maybe securing the joints with wire would help. Between fabric and yarn I'm sure its holding a lot more than it was supposed to be weighed down with.

I did 40min of cardio yesterday, then my hip started to hurt like tendonitis, which happens occasionally. I iced it so this morning my hip is feeling a lot better. I'm going to go through the moves of the workout to see if I can find what causes it. Meantime it might be back to the dreaded Treadmill.

Apparently, it was water weight, I'm back down close to 2 lbs today. Thanks for the encouragement.

Junie, welcome glad to have you join us.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Default Beware: Longest Post Ever :)

It's been SUCH a crazy month so far! Between a whirl wind trip, and my baby's 3rd birthday, I haven't gotten on here near enough! I'm still doing good on everything. II haven't been losing as quickly as I'd like, so I cut my calorie intake back from 1600 to 1300/day. I'm hoping it will make a difference. I'm definitely one that needs to see a difference on the scale early since the changes in clothing are slower coming.

Also, I want to say I am so impressed with all of you on here. The constant progress, posting, and moving is inspirational! it!

...and unto the personals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firegirl View Post
I'm new to the board and let me say, I LOVE this site!

A little info about myself, I am 34 yrs old, 5'10" and currently 228 lbs.
After a visit to my primary doctor this past week, I was told that my cholestorol level is almost double what it should be and my blood pressure is also on the high side.

My goal is to lose 50-55 lbs within the next 6-8 months.
I believe that I'm an emotional eater and due to a super busy lifestyle, I find myself eating on the go A LOT!!

I have committed to working out at least 30 mins per day, 5 days a week.
I also need to reduce my calorie intake to about 1200 calories per day.
No more junk food, fast food or processed foods of any kind.
Lastly, I need to consume at least 100 ounces of water each day.

With prayer and the encouragement of others on this board, I have no doubt that I will reach my goal. I am looking forward to sharing my journey with you all!
First of all - Second of all - I've been there done that. Busy life, work and family taking over EVERYTHING, no time to think for yourself, let alone ABOUT yourself. First step - SMART SNACKING! I know it sounds ridiculous, but there was a long time that I spent about 60% of my day (including sleep time) in my car. I was a Fast Food Queen! The first thing I changed was to stock smart snacks in my car. When I was a little hungry, I grabbed a granola bar instead of going through a drive through. Also, throw a pack of bottled water in your car. I completely understand the water thing. I hated it. I would drink about a 144 oz. of Diet Coke EVERYDAY...and 0 water. I tried the "add flavor," "put fruit in it," etc. that everyone suggested.. didn't change the fact that I hated it. The only thing that worked - Sucking it up and making the right decision. In the last 2 months I stopped drinking soda all together (save a special occasion), and drink about 10-12 glasses of water a day. Do I miss soda, yes. Do I still hate water, not *as* much. When it's the ONLY option, it's not so bad.

I'm completely there with you and will support you as much as I can... if I don't drive you crazy with my blunt, in your face attitude...and Prayers are ALWAYS given!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph7409 View Post
I made it through the BBQ, lunch with a friend, and a luau - phew! I certainly went over my target calories but not by a tremendous amount. I got back on plan today and have a quiet week coming up.
WAY TO GO! on getting through all the tough temptations! You're doing AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyla View Post
Just got finished doing Walk Away The Pounds and Toning. For some reason, it was hard to get through it today but I did.
I LOVE WATP! I find that when I'm doing it, even on a regular basis, day 7 and 15 are really hard to make it through. Great job getting through it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosmoo View Post
This seems like a great challenge for me, I'm in! I'm a complete newbie here in the forums, but hope I'd be treated nicely and get much support from here.

I know that it has always been hard for me to keep on plan when schools have started (school starts again for me in 13th), but I've decided long ago that this year and the upcoming next year I will succeed in long term weight loss.

My goals:
1. Eating so that I will stay in my calorie limit and having my diet low on sugar and carbs.
2. Exercising on my crosstrainer for 7 days a week, 30-60 mins each time.
3. Drinking more water.. (this is always so hard.. xD)
4. Not giving in to cravings, such as sweets, chocolate or junk food.
5. Remaining positive and believing in myself!

I've been doing fine with this plan for a month now and I will be continuing so untill I reach my goal! I will measure myself every Sunday and hope for the best. Would be nice to lose around 4 pounds this month.

Edit Totally forgot to put the check in goal. I will try to check in as often as possible but can't guarantee doing it every day if I'm not able to.
Your goals are GREAT! I'm glad you joined in. Just remember to make good decisions, and the weight will come off. I'm all in for supporting each other... it's why we're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniebug View Post
I know the month is a third over, but since I just started on this journey I'm going to go ahead and jump in with my goals!

1) Log every single calorie that goes into my mouth.
2) Stay within my daily calorie limit.
3) Don't bring junk into the house that will tempt me.
4) Don't give up after the first week or two when it becomes hard and the excitement and motivation is gone.

I'm not going to worry about exercise yet. I know it's important and all, but I get SO HUNGRY when I exercise and have a hard time controlling that hunger and not eating everything in sight. So, I'm going to just focus on getting my eating habits under control and will worry about the rest later. I know from past experience that if I pile too much on my plate then I'm just setting myself up for failure.
:Welcome: It's NEVER too late to start! Your goals are very similar to mine, and while they're doable on screen - they are tough in real life. Keep going! I have a hard time with the lack of motivation and excitement too. I don't think I've ever made it past 3 weeks of an exercise program because of it. I'm also starting (again) and I'm not worrying about exercise too much yet. I'm doing more outdoor activities with my family (zoo trips, family walks, etc.), but not a schedule. For me, I need to get my eating under control first.

We CAN do this!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:04 AM   #68  

Today, Saturday is my day 11 of being sugar free and junk food free. It is very hot here, and eating fruit helps cool me off,and stay OP. The cherries were the best treat yet!

tyla
Wow, very impressive with the 70 minutes cardio!
I hope that you are feeling better. You deserve a day to relax.

Penguin
Good for you for taking that water weight off. Take it easy with your exercise, and do only what you are comfortable doing.

GettinFit
I hope that you are staying OP and having a nice weekend!

Sunnyside
Excellent ideal, to go to bed early and to resist that chocolate. I do not have a craving for the chocolate, but because I would eat it almost every day, I made a habit of eating it, and there are moments I want sugar, without having a craving for sugar, out of habit. I am doing my best to change that bad habit of reaching for sugar, and instead reach for fruits.

Juniebug
Welcome!
It is always the right time to get healthy. You have great goals.

smoosmoo
Congratulations on losing weight!
You are doing great!

Enygirl
Happy 3rd birthday to your baby!
Drinking 10-12 glasses a day is great. Even in this hot water I barely manage
to drink 5 cups per day. but I am working on it.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #69  

Littlebumblebee: I never used to drink water at all. i would drink about 144 oz. of Diet Coke a day! However, I knew it was slowly killing me, and I decided that if I am going to do this for real, no more! So really, it's easy to drink 10-12 glasses of water a day when it's the only choice. (Aside from my morning tea.. no caffeine at all is a very scary thought.)

I did good yesterday... until the boyfriend brought me an ice cream snickers last night in bed. It made me break 2 rules: 1. no eating after 7 PM, and 2. I went over my calories for the day by 133. Not anything horrible, I know that... but I really need to tell him no too.

I'm looking forward to another loss tomorrow... #1 at a time!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #70  

Today is my day 12 of being sugar free and junk food free. And today when I measured my waistline, I have loss another inch! Yeehaw! I am down from 37" to 34"!

Enygirl
I am doing my best to drink as much water as possible. You are an inspiration.
Good luck with weigh in!
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #71  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello ladies,

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Juniebug, glad to have you join us in this challenge. Your goals are great and I look forward to hearing about your successes.

Penguin - I hope your hip is feeling better today. Glad you got a break from the heat too. Yesterday was pretty decent here but it's a little warmer today. I am so ready for those crisp fall days.

Bumblebee - Congrats on making it to day 12 and on losing another inch off you waist. You are doing an awesome job!!

Enygirl - I'm sending skinny vibes your way for tomorrow.

smoosmoo - I'm with 'ya and I'm fighting to make my onederland goal We can do it!

Hi Steph, Sunnyside & Tyla - I hope you ladies are having a great OP day.

I've had a successful weekend. Friday I got in a nice 2 mile walk after work and yesterday I walked for an hour. I went to a concert last night and I danced for a couple hours too. I only large drank a bottle of water. I have been tracking my food and have managed to stay a little under my calories each day. I am still feeling strong and determined.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #72  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

It looks like everyone is having good success. Kudos!

I've been off my normal routine of 3 meals and a couple of snacks for a few days, instead eating one big meal (lunch) and not much else. I enjoy feeling full occasionally, but it's hard to remember I've already eaten all my calories when dinnertime rolls around and I feel like eating again. It's easier to stay on my normal plan during the week.

But, I'm glad to know that I can sometimes indulge at lunch and then not feel like I have to eat again. A year ago, I'd have a big lunch, and still have dinner, and then dessert. Sometimes I miss eating like that, but mostly I keep in mind how awful I feel when I'm over-stuffed.

Here's wishing us all a good week this week!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #73  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'8

Howdy gals. I'm new around here. Really trying to jump in where I can and get involved instead of just lurking.

My goals:
1) Log all calories in MFP
2) Exercise at least 30 minutes at least 5 days a week.
3) Resist the temptation to eat dessert or sweets
4) Drink enough water (I have been really bad about this)
5) Don't give up if the scale doesn't say what I want, just work harder!

I'm actually on vacation right now and had a horrible day Friday, but i'm proud to say that i'm back on track. Vacationing is really difficult for me. My mini goal right now is to actually lose weight while on vacation.

I look forward to checking in here regularly and reading about everyone else's success.
RachelRawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #74  

Well girls, the Skinny vibes worked! I had a #2.5 loss this week! I'm SO excited! I am OFFICALLY Out of the #230s! WOOT WOO!!!

I'm going to keep going, moving, drinking water, and logging my calories.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #75  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Enygirl - on your loss and on getting out of the 230s I knew you'd have a loss!

Rachel - It's nice to have you join in the challenge. Just jump right in and try and post as often as you can. I look forward to hearing about your successes

Steph - Glad your plan is working for you. That's what this journey is all about, finding what works best for YOU.

I'm looking forward to another good week. I sure hope I have a loss this week. I didn't watch the sodium over the weekend so I'm a little puffy this morning and the scale is slightly up. Today I am going to down lots of water and really watch it.

I hope we all have a great OP week!

Last edited by GettinFit; 08-13-2012 at 09:21 AM.