Old 06-02-2011, 07:36 AM   #181  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Congrats to PacSunMama (I'd take any loss at this point!), bama girl (REALLY??!!! 4 lbs!!!! I drink a ton of water and that never happens to me.), bookwmn1 (yea!) on your losses.

Welcome to jomatho!

Kristen-So sorry about the breakup. I know it is a really tough time for you now but you just push through and stay on track.

amandie-Yikes! Sounds like you've been spending all your time at the doctor's or the vet's. Hope that ankle heals quickly. (Oh, and kitty too.)

I got on the scale yesterday and there was another 2 pounds on there. TOM is on the way so I am not going to worry about it, just keep drinking my water, and I did a big 50 minute workout on the elliptical yesterday so hopefully it will all whoosh on outta here.
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #182  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Congrats to everyone who lost!

This is such a great group. I'm so glad we can all support each other.

urockmom - TOM always does that to me too. It's a pain, but you're right! Just keep pushing!

I lost another 1.2 lb overnight. I am starting to think I was REALLY dehydrated! Haha. I am fairly certain that my body will eventually get used to it and level off.

How's everyone doing today?
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

I agree, its a great group!
And thanks to everyone who commented about the break up. Who knows... maybe it will inspire me to stick to the diet and exercise better! LOL.
Kristen81985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #184  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

my weigh in from 5/29 (272.2) is a little over 4lbs higher than my weigh in the week previous, due to wedding and honeymoon fun. workin on getting that off of me soon! i'm already back down to 269.8 as of today, so hopefully this sunday will show a better number than before.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #185  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

That is the spirit kristen! Sorry I have been away so much everyone, Finals week at school, gotta love it!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #186  
At it again

SMSDREAMER2007, good luck with your finals!

Kristen, great attitude. If you can do well during the rough spots, you'll be in great shape.

Mandy, glad to hear the wedding & honeymoon were such fun! 4lbs is not bad at all. Especially if you get right back on track.

Congrats to everyone else on doing so well. This really is an inspirational group. I myself have been entertaining the same 1.2 lbs for a few days now - one day it's off, next day it's back, over and over again. Normally, I wouldn't obsess over it, but it's the 1.2 lbs that will get me out of the #200s. And I reallllly want out of there!

Last edited by rmc9142; 06-02-2011 at 06:45 PM.
rmc9142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:27 AM   #187  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Urockmom- Keep at it, you'll get that whoosh!!
Bama- isn't it AMAZING how dehydration can do such weird things to our bodies?? I can't wait to see your weekly weigh in, it's going to be awesome!
Kristen- when I lost weight in college (I lost about 45 pounds in 3-4 months) it was immediately after breaking up with a bf of nearly 6 years. Breaking up with him was the final measure between my "old" and unhealthy identity and me actually doing something for ME and me only. Maybe you'll be able to do the same thing? It's so liberating, taking your health into your own hands and moving forward, it's very empowering too! No better way to heal from a breakup that I can possibly think of, actually.
Mandy- I'm so happy your honeymoon and wedding were fun! Don't worry too much about those 4 pounds, they'll come off and it's your wedding after all! Plus when you travel you tend to eat so much more sodium/processed foods and that wreaks havoc on your body.
RMC- stick with it! Can you step it up at all this week, add 10 minutes to your workout each day, or another bottle of water? I bet you just need a teeny push and you'll be forever out of the 200's!!

Day 3 of my diet went incredibly well, I filled up with so much protein in lieu of empty carbs. I'm finding, however, that my best sources of protein contain lots of fat- eggs, cheese, nuts. Is there anything I can do about that without adding in tons of sodium or artificial sweeteners? I'm trying to cut down on my carbs since with my pcos, my body is actually addicted to carbs. Since I'm breastfeeding, I don't want to cut them down super low or out entirely, but I am finding I feel so great with eating this much protein! Luckily I think the fat isn't necessarily "bad" fat like fried or grease or anything, but still, I want to watch that and not go crazy with it.

Also, I'm not sure but I think AF found me yesterday. It doesn't make sense because of the pcos, breastfeeding and that I have a newborn, but it's what seems to be the case. I'm really just not sure... just hoping it doesn't hinder my weight loss efforts!
PacSunMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #188  
At it again

Thanks PacSunMama. I actually stepped up my gym routine as of June 1st - 45 mins cardio, instead of 30, at least 5 times per week. I guess I'll just have to be patient.

And congrats on staying OP. I have the same problem in terms of proteins and fats. I'm trying to stay away form carbs, mainly because they are my downfall. As such, I sometimes struggle with reaching 1200 calories without the charts showing too many fats, even though they're the good kind. Chicken breasts are my new best friend. Good thing there are a million and one ways to prep them!

Have a great weekend everyone!

ETA: Saturday morning here and I finally cracked 200lbs! Of course, that 1.2 lbs will probably be back tomorrow, but at least I'm heading in the right direction!

Last edited by rmc9142; 06-04-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:03 AM   #189  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc9142 View Post

ETA: Saturday morning here and I finally cracked 200lbs! Of course, that 1.2 lbs will probably be back tomorrow, but at least I'm heading in the right direction!
Yay yay yay!!!

It won't be back tomorrow if you don't LET it come back tomorrow! Or better yet, try to resist weighing in all week long and stay perfectly OP. Then you won't have an up/down week if for some reason your body decides to freak out on you one day. Great job!
PacSunMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #190  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I lost 3.2 this week! Whoo hoo! I'm 7 pounds from my Independence Day goal, so I'm going to focus on that over the next four weeks. My average over the last 10 weeks has been 2.3 pounds per week, so I should be able to make that work.

Labor Day is two weeks before my 40th birthday and I can't wait to go shopping for a kickass outfit for that special event!
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #191  
At it again

Thanks PacSunMama! I know that by weighing myself everyday I set myself up for potential disappointment, but I've found that it really works best for me for motivation. When I was weighing weekly, I'd find myself saying, "Well today is Tuesday and I don't have to weigh in until Sunday, so I'll work extra hard later in the week." Yeah, not so much. By weighing everyday, I'm accountable EVERY SINGLE DAY. Of course, I've had to learn not to obsess about every uptick and I'm usually pretty good about remembering that weight loss is not linear.

That said, I'm down 1.8 for the week, leaving me with 14.6 more lbs to lose by Labor Day. I didn't measure myself at the beginning (wish I had), but just from last week, I've lost several inches overall. And most importantly, I feel great!

Good luck to everyone as we keep working at it!
Old 06-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #192  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everyone!
I'm still trudging along. My weight loss has been slow but continuous and I'm glad to say I'm down again this week. Every little bit is getting my closer to my goal.
I'm really going to step it up the next few weeks. I'd like to get ahead a bit for my 4th of July weekend
K3LL3Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #193  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Great job to everyone who lost this week!!!!

To everyone who is struggling, we are all here for you and know that you can do it!!!! So get pumped!

With TOM of the month headed out the door and a pretty good OP week, I am happy to say that my bump up is gone and I have lost 2.5 lbs this week. I'll take it.. Now, I'm am determined to have a really, really tight week with lots of exercise, water, and good food.

Who's with me??
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #194  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Sorry for being away all, started new on call job where I do daycare. This week was my full week and my mind is boggling at how it shows.....the scale says I am down 9 lbs. 9 LBS!!!!!!! to 267...wowowow. I am hoping its not wrong, I would be disappointed to see the 270's again next week :\
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #195  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

sunday means weigh in, 269.4 for me. -2.8lbs from last weekend!

Last edited by konfyoozed; 06-05-2011 at 07:12 PM.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote