Old 08-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #1  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default W.O.W. Labor Day Challenge Week 3 (Aug 1st- Aug 7th)

Hi all!!!! I feel funny creating the new thread since I've been so absent! But I get over myself pretty easily.

So I weighed in this morning and was not happy but it could have been worse.....288. But some of that is vacation binge leftovers so when boom I lose 5-8 right off the bat, remind me not to get too excited over it, it is mostly water weight anyways. Since Labor day is 5 weeks away, I will set my goal at 10 pounds which will be 278. Definitely do-able.

I need to keep my goals attainable this time around. I often get aggressive with my goals, mainly because of my size I CAN lose bigger numbers, but it sets me up for failure. In fact if I set the bar super low I can SMASH my goals and feel better about that right? LOL

W- Lots and ONLY water. Coffee, ok, NO POP!!!
E- Not gonna happen I am still sick. Just concentrating on water, mindset and diet today. Back to work tomorrow and need all the rest I can get before then.
E- B- Total cereal and blackberries. Vitamin check. Water 64 oz check. L-Subway? D-??????
D- Step one: Admitted we were powerless over alcohol (eating) and that our lives had become unmanageable. Yep I would say my life is becoming unmanageable at this weight. I am powerless over the next binge. The only thing I do have control of is that first drink (bite) I have to choose not to start the cycle. once that first taste is ingested, it sets off a series of chemical reactions and the addict is powerless to stop. One is too many and a thousand is never enough. Get down on your knees and ask for help! (well that is technically step 2 and 3 but still)

Love ya'll...... Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Michelle~ You read my mind I didn't realize we were still doing the independence day challenge. I switched to nights, and my brain for July was kookoo.

W 80-100 oz easy
E 35 minute run after swim lessons. Easy
E 1400 cals
D Start working on food while at work. I can not live on crackers.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

Afternoon ladies!

Well, pesto didn't get made - realized I was out of nuts and cheese! It will get made tonight! Going up to the Finger Lakes (NY) for a little vacation next week to see my family, it'll be a nice break to spend some family time and relax.

Michelle & Jeni - howdy!

W - 80+ (been slacking lately)
E - squats & pushups
E - 1500-1800 cals
D - make pesto, banana bread, find a bottle that Darcy will take!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter

Got in a 3 mile run today. Yay.

Anyhow. vaccuming is DONE! Workout is DONE! Dishes are DONE! now its time to make out a food plan, then stick to it, then a 12 hour shift in my future.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Half way thru this very long week! Crappy work week.

W 100, not getting it lately
E some, any would be good
E Plan
D Don't engage in the drama
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:19 AM   #6  
Hard Working Chick

I'm checking in to let you all know I'm still here. I was out of town for awhile- family issues, but I'm still on track.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #7  
Calorie Counter

MM~I hope your work week starts to get better.

Timoba~good to see you.

My sister has me completely irritated right now. She called me last night at 8 to watch my nephew while she works today. Normally it is no problem, but since I switched to nights, its harder for me to watch him. but she normally works a short 12-5 type shift. but NO not today. 745. ERRRR she has no consideration for anyone. Yes I could say no, but then my dad, who also works nights would have to watch him.

Anyway food was good last night. I probably wont workout today, I am way too tired right now. I don't plan on moving much off the couch.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #8  

Afternoon ladies -

Doing good today, actually should probably eat some more, I've just been busy. Darcy slept from 9:30pm-6am, was up a little bit then slept for another two hours - completely unheard of for a breastfed baby. She usually sleeps a good 6 hour stretch but this was the longest by far. Of course she eats like a pig the entire day to make up for it!

W-100+
E-abs & hopefully a walk after the kids are in bed
E - 1500-1800 cals
D - pesto done! strip the beds, laundry...all the fun domestic stuff I get to do while on leave

Jeni - sorry you're stuck watching your nephew and then have to work - get some rest where you can.

Timoba - good to see you! glad you're doing well

Mavis - sorry you're having a crappy week - hope it gets better for you!

Last edited by emiloots; 08-03-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #9  

I was in the 170's this morning, only by 0.2 lb but I'll take it! I'll be away starting tomorrow through the 14th so I don't expect to be checking in much (partially because there is no internet there!). Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by emiloots; 08-04-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #10  

Emi, enjoy your time away!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #11  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies!

Just checking in. Not fully back to it but want to keep tuned in. Son got a new puppy - a bull mastiff. She's a tank. Boring with this info because I stepped on the scale with her (10wks old) and it read 218.8. stepped on again without her fullexpecting it to read 199. In my dreams. It was 206. poop! I need you girls. I'm gearing up.

Mavie - you're not alone in the trecherous week this has been. Lets make some time for ourselves and find small victories every day girlie! I'll be chicking in.

August 16th is my quit smoking day and back to 3FC whole hearted day. Yes I am STILL battling the two demons. Looking forward to laughing and loving life and health with you all soon!

Kris
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #12  

Here she is....1 month old Have a great week everyone, catch you when I get back!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #13  
Calorie Counter

She is so beautiful Emily!

Hiya Kris and MM!

Work weekend starts tonight. poo. I have decided to only run 1.5 miles on the days I work, so I will be doing that after the kiddos have lunch. I have my meals planned for worktime, the same that I was eating on days pretty much.

Mak and Tommy have really been troopers, learning how to make their own breakfast while Mommy sleeps. (I know Mak is 8, but she is still my baby). They both do their best to let me sleep

Once school starts back up (one month) I have a plan that will get me back to the gym. I am totally excited by the notion of a good solid 1 hour workout.
But for now

W 80 oz
E 1.5 miles on the tread/abs (done)
E1200 cals.
D get the house work done for my long weekend.

Last edited by jcatron243; 08-05-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:48 AM   #14  

Emily!!!! She is gorgeous!! The shirt is funny too!

Kris, I am so glad you are back, I've missed you! The new puppy sounds great! Walking her can be exercise. Walking my rotties is certainly a workout, especially when they see something they'd like to know more about.

Jeni, Sounds like you are getting this work thing sorted out. Can't believe it's almost back to school, but it is. My guys go back to college 3 weeks from today.

I have been not really caring about anything and it is catching up. Stepped on scale this AM. 151.8, not horrible, but not great. Have to lose the same freaking 2 pounds I've lost at least a dozen times to get back under150. My surgery is 8/16, I am hoping to find it easier to focus once that is behind me. For now, I will try and eat clean, drink my water and walk and call it good enough.

W let's try to get 4 bottles and go from there
E Just track it, good or bad
E Walk
D It is what it is
Old 08-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #15  
Calorie Counter

Going to disneyland 19 days. I am so not a last minute person (well it is last minute for me). but it will be my 10th anniversary AND we are going without kids!