Old 05-21-2010, 06:11 AM   #31  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Melissa, I made some veggie soup recently that I really liked. It was sort of my own invention, but veggie soup is easy. It was:

chicken broth
spicy V-8 (I can't drink it, but it's good in recipes)
shredded cabbage for coleslaw (it's cheaper to shred it yourself)
cut up zucchini
onion
chickpeas
can of tomatoes
oregano and basil
salt and pepper to taste (I might not have added any salt, I just don't remember)

Put it all together and cook until it is done.

I think that was about it. I just put in whatever veggies I have on hand. Just think about what you like and put it in. It usually turns out delicious, if not ok.
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:17 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

1. My name is Sylvia and I am 21 years old and on my 21st birthday of last year my wish was to lose weight before my 22nd birthday and so far I have done a good job, but my sense of direction is loss and I am trying to get back on track and do it right for the last 20 pounds. It is those binges that drive me insane and get me off track for a long while. I didn’t care enough back then to lose weight and now I feel like I am getting older and I am spending my life so unhappy because I am overweight. I now have lost close to 50lbs and I can tell you guys that my self confidence have gone up, but I know if I drop the rest of the weight I know I will finally be more comfortable in my own skin and break out of the shyness that was never really me in the first place. Finding out why I want to lose weight has definitely kept me going strong and not wanting to ever stop trying. Since I started last year in September of 2009 I never said I give up and that is why I’m still at it even though I have set myself back for such a long while now. The constant binge and trying to exercise to undo the binges have kept me at the same weight for a long while now. I am ready to have the scale move down now!
2. Let’s see…my plan..lol I can tell you I tried calorie counting before and that never really worked because I got tired of calculating all those numbers! My plan is to basically just eat what I want in moderation and try to mainly get those veggies and fruits in my daily diet. WATER!!! I will try to up my intake of water for sure! I’m try to get back to what I did in the beginning of my weight loss which was to buy a lot of healthy food and prepare most of them in advance so I have food to eat! I also will begin to cook more because when I cook for myself I will be controlling how healthy the food will come out. Wow..typing this out has made me realize why I have been stuck at the same weight and I just need to start doing what I did in the beginning of my weight loss 
3. I weigh 173 at the moment and the binges I been having for a couple days ago are still in my tummy so it might be lower? But 173 is what I see so.. That will be my start weight for this challenge. I think I will weigh in every two weeks because I get so excited to see what the scale will reveal when I have done a good job. I been weighing in once a week and weighing in once a week has made me upset because I don’t see much lost in one week. So I will try my best to weigh in every 2 weeks so I can see a good amount of loss instead of getting discouraged by weighing in a one week time frame. My main goal in this challenge is to see changes in myself and be happy with where I am in life right now.
4. I will definitely subscribe to this thread to stay participated in this challenge.
5. Ha…that is a big challenge for me usually if I screw up at breakfast or lunch I throw the whole day away and continue to eat junk! I need to learn that it is ok to mess up at breakfast or lunch and that I just need to get back on plan with the next meal! Before I pick up something to eat I should really ask myself does this piece of brownie really give me the energy/ nutrients I need for the day?
6. I really do need to get real with myself because I want the scale to say I lost 20lbs in 2 months and I know it is possible but I think at a slower pace would be more healthy for me. I can deal with a 15lb lost which is 1 pound a week by the end of this challenge because it is better to lose some then none
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:26 AM   #33  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I am sore today!! I ran/walked 20 minutes with my ten year old last night after really putting my legs through vigorous lifting and cardio. I woke up sore-ish, but ok. Then our Spin Cycle instructor put us through a grueling leg burn...so now I'm feeling it!! LOL!

But, I seem to have hit a steady weight loss cycle which is rare for me. I tend to stall a lot. I've been steadily losing about 2 ounces every day which is a rate I'm pleased with at this point.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:10 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Height: 5'9"

cheerios: I hear you on the binging! Binges are my downfall. You are doing great so far, though! Keep up the good work

Eliana: Glad to hear that your weight loss is going well
xooma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

Weighed in today at 166.4

I was a bad girl and skipped breakfast, although not exactly on purpose. I managed to sleep in until almost 10 today, and really needed to get my walk in before the temperature got too high, so I decided to just wait till I got back from my walk. I did 75 minutes of walking, and had a banana and a liter of water when I got home. Lunch was a big bowl of veggie soup and an english muffin. I am unsure on what dinner is going to be. Have to rummage through the fridge and see what looks good.
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #36  

tornadosiren: just don't rummage to anything unhealthy lol banana sounds good i need to run to the grocery store later haha
Old 05-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #37  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Tornado you sound like me. LOL! I sometimes skip breakfast, but not on purpose. I haven't in a while though. I get up so crazy early through the week that I naturally wake up at 7:00. I am not a morning food person. I've had to learn to eat breakfast.

And rummaging around the fridge...I have no idea what we're having for dinner and it's already past our normal dinner time. DH wants to go out but I hate restaurants on Friday nights. I want to make a stir-fry.

Most people say "Failing to plan is planning to fail", but I am just so not a planner. I a fly by the seat of my pants, but for me, it usually works out. And even when it doesn't work out...I make it work. Even if it's a McDonald's grilled chicken sandwich. I ditch the top of the bun, cut the bottom bun in half and replace those two pieces as the top and bottom of the sandwich. It's not as complicated as it sounds. It takes the calories down from 300 and some to 200 and some. Oh and I ditch the mayo too.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:45 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

Sometimes I plan, sometimes I dont. Honestly, it just kinda depends on whether or not anything distracts me during the day, or when I suddenly look up and say "OMG..its already 4???" Waking up so late really screwed me up. I am usually up around 7, and back from my exercising by 9 or so..so to finish that all up at almost noon really messed up my schedule. Stir fry is ALWAYS a plus in my book, and I have it at least 2 times per week. Green peppers, onions, green beans, carrots and broccoli..bring it on. Sometimes I put chicken in with it, sometimes not..depends on my mood and my protein intake for the day. Tonight, however, since hubby gets really tired of stir fry I decided for my own lower cal and lower fat version of Chicken monterey and some green beans steamed with some garlic, soy sauce, and ginger. I dont use low salt soy sauce. I KNOW it is horrible for sodium, and I use it sparingly, but soy sauce is one of my favorite seasonings, and the low salt stuff simply does not do it for me. Anyone interested in the chicken monterey recipe, just lemme know. Its brilliant stuff.
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

fcmonroe: that soup sounds delicious!!! thanks for sharing!
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #40  

You're welcome aleks. I got outside today and walked for 45 minutes!! One of my goals this summer is to get in the exercise habit. I've been so wrapped up in work that I've neglected exercise. Hopefully, while we're on summer break, I can develop the exercise habit and continue it on into the next school year.

First goal: walk each weekend morning while school is still in session. Only 12 more days or so!
Old 05-22-2010, 07:11 PM   #41  

Super tough workout at the gym today... it included:

50 pushups
50 box jumps
50 weighted lunges on each side
50 deadlifts
50 crunches
50 calories on the airdyne (I managed to do in 2:45 )
50 medicine ball slams

and about 10 other things I just can't remember! It took me about an hour and 20 minutes... it felt great!

I also went to Penningtons (Canadian plus size store) and I fit into their smallest tops!! An X!!! what is an X anyways?? LOL...It's one size below a 1X, but not sure what that equates too. Bought a pair of size 20 jeans..I'm kind of inbetween an 18 and a 20...and I HATE that! :/
Old 05-23-2010, 05:42 AM   #42  

Wow Aleks! That sounds like a great workout. And congratulations on the size change. That's always such a morale booster.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:13 AM   #43  

Aleks you must be so sore!!! If i put myself through that workout my entire body would ache the next day!! Good job though your going to come out with a nice body working out like that!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #44  

Got in another 45 minute walk today!! It was earlier today, so not quite so hot. It's really heating up quick here.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #45  

cheerios: No, I'm not really sore...I've been doing these types of workouts 5x a week now for 4 months, so I am used to it... the cardio part of it is hard for me.

fcmonroe: WOOHOO!! I know that I *have* to get more walking in, it really burns fat faster. I was doing the C25K and had to stop again since I am still getting shin splints even WITH motion control shoes. Now I have to look at orthotics... $$$$