Old 05-25-2010, 06:23 PM   #226  
Closed

S/C/G: 207.5/200/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Nope, today was just a dog walking day! Tomorrow morning first thing I'll do my interval run, then walk the doggies after breakfast.

I didn't get a great night's sleep last night as a result took a nap this afternoon and still feel groggy don't you just hate it when that happens?
TeaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:12 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Vicky-thanks I need a push. I got out for a walk and Im gonna do some on the wii later. Gotta eat better the rest of the week. I have been snacky a lot lately and need to cut that out.

Dance-I did 2 miles today. Felt a little queasy so didnt push it and do more. The wii is waiting on me. lol. I went to the grocery store today too and got some healthy lunches and lots of fruit and veggies. Had fresh fruit salad for lunch today. That was yummy. I know we can all do this too. I was looking back at the challenge we did from August to November and I lost 18 lbs. I need to do that again. Thats when I did 30ds, hhmmmmm.

Tearose-welcome. I want one of those treadmills but during the summer I get out and walk with the dogs. I try to make it to 20 miles a week. 5 lbs at a time is a great way to go, you know you can do it. Good luck. I always feel groggy after naps, rarely take them.

I have the boys tomorrow til about 330, then I hope to get some yardwork done tomorrow evening after it cools down. Will probably have the boys again all weekend. Not sure though, I told her I will let her know if I can. My SIL decided she cant go with us to AL this time so we get to go alone for the first time in about 4 years. Cant wait. Less than 2 weeks now. My niece is counting the days, shes so cute. She graduated from kindergarten tonight, shes getting so big. Thats her in my avatar.

Biggest Loser finale is on tonight, gotta watch that.

Sandy, Neesy, Staccie.................How are yall doing???? We miss you.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:39 PM   #228  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Tearose: Welcome to our group! Not sure if anyone else mentioned, but most of us (Burgundy, Dance, Sandy, myself and a few others) have been together for almost a year and a half. We give each other support and give each other kicks in the butt when we need it. Glad you are on a plan and are setting mini goals - that's the way to go!

Burgundy: Glad you got the miles in today..I knew you could do it! And the Wii...did you make it? I will have to watch the Biggest Loser on hulu, forgot it was on tonight. Yes, you and I are both in the snacky mood...can't help it. I gotta nip that into bud before it becomes a problem.

Dance: To be on your bandwagon and give support (and to kick myself in the butt), I want to be in the 180's by Labor day...that's 16 pounds if I reach 189...doable, but scary. Holy cow that would be great though. You and I will have to push to get there, but we can do it!!! Glad you got your miles in today...I had the workout with Jeff.

So, I was pretty much on plan today, but now I'm getting "snacky" again in the afternoon. I'm snacking on healthy stuff (grapes, a salad), but I'm not really hungry when I'm snacking. Healthy or not, it's not good to be eating just for the sake of eating. Gotta watch that.

I had Jeff's class tonight and I was the only one there again. I feel bad because I know he's not getting paid when these classes aren't taking off...he's basically donating his time. He managed to kick my butt again and my arms are really feeling it tonight. I go back for my training session tomorrow...we'll see what ways he can find to torture me.

Jeff did mention that I should be down 8-12 pounds by the end of next month if I am following my eating and workout plan. That seems like a lot to lose, but if Jeff thinks I can do it and he's there to help me, I'll make it. I have to, this plateau is killing me. I asked him about the plateaus and if it will be harder to lose weight as I get closer to goal and he said that it shouldn't make a difference because he's varying my workouts as well as the intensity, so I should be ok. We'll see how it goes.

Have a great night ladies!

Last edited by MaddiesMom; 05-25-2010 at 09:40 PM.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #229  
Closed

Good Morning all

Got my exercise in, today was a treadmill day. I did an interval session where I ran 3 mins at 5mph then walked 3mins at 3.5mph for 30 minutes, with a 5 minute warm up and cool down. The machine told me I had done 2.3 miles. Then I took the doggies for our walk which is about 2 miles. Very hot and tired now, cooling down with some water before I make breakfast which is going to be a fruit smoothie with almond milk and some leftover pork loin. Not in the same glass I just can't face eggs this morning and need to get some protein in.

Today is going to be a laundry day as I've ran out of workout clothes! Hmm that sounds like a good excuse to go to the mall .
Old 05-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

maddiesmom - I'm nervous about having an aggressive goal too but I figure the worst that can happen is that I only get part way there which would still be great progress. I think it's so great you have Jeff cheering you on - what a great thing. You haven't mentioned your hubby a lot recently - is he impressed with your progress? I can't remember - is he joining you in your exercise kick at all?

My bf doesn't seem to care a whole lot about my getting thinner (not that he's negative about it - more like vaguely positive) but he likes the emphasis on healthy food and exercise. And he likes it when I'm feeling better about myself (and take a lot less longer to get ready to go out b/c more of my clothes look cute). Have you guys been surprised at all by your hubby's/SO's reactions? What have you noticed the most?

burgundy - feeling queasy doesn't seem fun - was it the heat? hope it doesn't keep bugging you. Good for you on all the fresh produce - it really makes a difference!

tearose - way to go on getting in your workout early! My zumba class today is after work which is always a bit dangerous because something may come up between now and then - exercising first thing is much better. Loved your pork loin comment - I was picturing it in the smoothie at first - yuck! Sometimes eggs don't appeal to me in the morning either so I totally relate.

Hope you all are having a great day!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #231  
aka Vicky

Dance: I haven't mentioned the hubby lately because there's not much to say. He and I have been having issues (stemming from him pretty much ignoring mother's day, but yet I bent over backwards to help him get a new car). I think he's resenting how much time I'm spending away from the house. He mentioned the other day that he thought with me working out I wouldn't be so tired and wouldn't be hurting, etc. It's hard to describe to him what I'm going through because he's not working out at all. He knows I'm losing and he's happy I'm losing, but in the end, he wants me home more. Not that I'm away for a ton of time. I think part of it is that I'm the main caretaker of Madeline so he's home watching her while I'm out...and to be honest, our "personal relations" have been few and far between, but between full time work, caring for Madeline, working out, etc. I am exhausted. Not to be nosy...but does anyone else have that problem???

Tearose: Congrats on the working out! I would totally do that in the morning if I had time. As it is, I'm up at 5:30 for work every morning and then I have my daughter to get ready. I go after 8:00 usually, not the best time, but I fit it in at least!

Received a compliment from Jeff that I forgot to tell you about. He told me that I'm one of his favorite clients now because I make the time to go and workout and I make the classes when I say I will. I guess a lot of his clients (and the other trainers' clients too) are flaking out and not showing up. He said that he can tell that I'm dedicate and willing to do the work, whichi s why he helps me out as much as he does.

Anyways, that's my ray of sunshine in the depressing post I just made. Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 05-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #232  

maddiesmom - wow, that sounds really tough I'm sorry things are tricky. And I wish I had more to offer as far as helpful advice but I honestly don't know how you do everything that you do - you are definitely a super mom! All I can think of is to maybe do family bike rides (or skates or walks or whatever) on the weekends instead of going to the gym so that he feels like you are with him more. Do you guys ever have a date night? A lot of my married friends with kids find that getting a sitter every two weeks (or whatever) and having a grown-up date night helps them re-connect. And as far as the, ahem, frequency of personal relations - I think that's something that changes over time for a lot of people. It has definitely changed for us over the last seven years (we're both in our 40s now so totally ancient compared to you young things ) and at first it totally freaked me out to be honest. How is your hubby's job going? Is he settling in okay?

Curious to hear what others have to say. And btw, Jeff is not the only one around here that finds you impressive - you are a workout goddess and inspire us all!

ETA: Tearose - just read at lunch in Women's Health that eating half a grapefruit before/with your meals (or having a glass of grapefruit juice) helps regulate insulin levels and helps people lose weight faster. I googled it and it does look like there was a serious study involved. No idea if that's applicable with PCOS, etc. but might be worth asking your doc about the next time you have an appt. I love grapefruit but find them kind of a pain to eat. I think I'll grab some the next time I'm at the store and maybe I'll just cut up a bunch of them at a time to minimize the hassle factor. Let me know if you decide to experiment too....

Last edited by dancerindenver; 05-26-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #233  
aka Vicky

Dance: Thanks for the compliment. I really don't feel like a workout goddess, as I'm not working out as much as I did before the ARP treatments. I'm averaging 3 times a week, so I'm home the other time. The hubby thing is tricky, as I'm home the other 4 nights a week and he's up on his computer and then on Sundays he's gone 5+ hours on his motorcycle with his buddies, so I figured being away from the house for a few hours a week to work out wouldn't be such a big deal. I think the time I spend away bothers him the most because he's home with our daughter and she's in the terrible 2's stage (she cried for 90 minutes straight after I left last night). I don't know what to do at this point...guess we'll just have to hash it out. I mean, we spend time together playing with madeline and we are trying to have time together, but it's hard...especially during the summer when so much is going on. Guess we'll have to work at it.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #234  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Hi Girlfriends.........

I can't believe that man days went by since my last post! I am sorry. I was down with a migrane and then worked in my parents yard Saturday for almost 61/2 hours in the Florida heat............Yes, it totally wiped me out! Anyway, I am back and let me address you all first.

TeaRose - Welcome!

Maddiesmom - I am sorry things are a bit strained. When family life gets busy, it always seems to be busier for the Mom's because they are the 'caretakers' for everyone - including the husbands to some degree. Being the caretakers, as mom's we do get worn-out. I have been in your position, I look back and feel my husband naturally felt 'left out' when our children were born. He wasn't getting the enormous attention he had before. Plus me being the caretaker around the house, I was pooped by 9pm and he wasn't. Of course working, coming home and watching TV might be why he wasn't. There needs to be balance. When Bubba came into my life (my children were Middle School age) our home was busy, but he made it clear that we needed our time at home and a date night once a week. He was right. We set up a calendar for rotating laundry, kitchen duty, kids events, bedtime routines, and our date night. With us splitting responsibilities it allowed more rest and more time together.

Dance - How are you? How is the new home and your garden? I know I have lost track and might be way outdated with the questions....LOL....Are you still running everyday?

Burgund - How is your weightloss and major marathon walks going? Thanks for saying hello on FB. Are you still sitting the boys in the summertime? I thought of you when I almost started a garden, but there are so many major bugs in Florida I figured I would have to put chemicals on the veggies to keep them away and that would defete the purpose of having it.....;-(

Well remember the other day when you all warned me about going for a walk if my heel wasn't completely better? Well, I didn't listen and went and majorly paid for it for days. It was like it kicked all the way back in.............UGH! So, I learned my lesson. I am now just killing myself on the bike and doing indoors exercises. I hate it, but this is the reality. I miss my walks and despite my heels hurting, it felt so good to be out there jogging away. I hope I can get back to it soon, but I will wait until the pain is gone.
I am not losing quickly, but that's alright, still doing well.

I am going to my parents again tomorrow morning to work in the yard, so hopefully that will sweat out some fat........ Oh, and on Friday Alina is coming down for a few days!!!! Yes! I haven't seen my girl in months, so it will be great to spend some time with her - although brief because her friends take over! LOL...........

Bye for now - have a GREAT day everyone!

Last edited by mygritsconfessions; 05-26-2010 at 03:30 PM.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #235  
aka Vicky

Sandy: So sorry that your foot is bothering you again. It's hard when you really want to work out and something sets you back. Hope you are able to recooperate and get it back to normal. Thanks for the suggestion of "together time." It's so hard with a 2 year old - she consumes so much of our time. Good luck with the yard work - that's a definite work out!

Dance: The hubby is doing fine at work, since he was a contractor there for a period of time, nothing really changed. He's thrilled now because he got his new car. The only thing he's unhappy with is the "relations." Not enough...but what can I do when I'm exhausted and my self esteem is still low? I mean, I guess it shouldn't bother me since I've been with him at my heaviest, and now my lightest, but I'm still insecure. Gotta get over it, that's what he tells me, but it's hard.

Had PT with Jeff tonight and he kicked my butt once again. We were in the "performance" side of the gym that has astroturf and different machines and no A/C! I was sweating, that's for sure. It was good to get all my frustrations out during the workout though. He asked if I was going to class tomorrow night, but I think i'll stay home. I'm considering taking Friday off and having a 4 day weekend, we'll see what the boss says.

I'm considering taking it off and getting things done around the house since we have company coming for the holiday weekend. Then, I can take Jeff's class on Friday morning at 7:00 and Maddie's daycare is on the way, so I could make it work. Guess that's one way to start my day. I'll have to see if I can get the time off though.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll check in tomorrow!

Last edited by MaddiesMom; 05-26-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:48 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Vicky- I did a couple miles and 40 minutes on the wii today. I think I am at 6 or 7 miles for the week. If I make it to 10 this week I will be happy. Just dont think I am gonna make my 186 goal by June 8th. I kept the snacking under control tonight, baby steps. You are so lucky to have such a great trainer. Hope things get better for you and your hubby. Chris and I go through rough patches but I think thats to be expected in every relationship. We dont have kids and hope to some day so the "personal relations" part is still good. LOL . You are gonna catch me and pass me right on by, you will be in onederland soon. Oh and dance is right, you are a workout goddess. I want your motivation.

Tearose-sounds like a busy morning, I am not a morning person at all and prefer my evening walks. Plus its been pretty hot here and I have boston terriers and they get hot so easy so we walk when its cool.

Dance-the queasyness must have been the heat, I was ok today. You reminded me of my watermelon I have in the fridge. I know what I want tomorrow.

Sandy-I've missed you!!!! 6 1/2 hours in the FL heat, its bad enough here in MI. Dont over do it. I've been sick and slacked with walking, last week I only did 5 miles, I am at 6 this week. Maybe I can make it to 10. I might start my garden tomorrow if its a little cooler out. I want to get it in and going before we go to AL. I can have my SIL water it or my hubbys aunt. Let that foot get better. At least you have that brand new bike. I rode around the yard a little bit but with 2 dogs chasing me if was kinda hard and funny. Have fun with Alina, dont let her friends steal all her time away. Yea I still watch the boys in the summer too. I'll have them all weekend, gotta find something fun to do.

I spent 3 hours at the beach today with waylon(3 yr old) and I look like a lobster. I put sunscreen on, but obviously not enough on my back. I guess I will never learn. He slept in til almost 10 this morning so I got to sit and relax and watch some tv before he woke up.

Gotta get up in the morning and go get our truck, had to have pitman arms and rear brakes replaced, there goes 700 bucks. Then we can go to SILs and pick up our lawn mower. Our yard looks like a jungle. Im ready for it to be the 6th. Gonna board the dogs while we are gone, never had to do that. The lady there is awesome though and they will have a fenced in yard to run around in. The lady that owns it lives on the same property so thats nice. I hate leaving my babies.

Im gonna get in bed. I feel a headache coming on. Dont want it to turn into a full blown headache. Talk to you lovely ladies tomorrow.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #237  
Closed

Good morning

Dancer: thanks for the grapefruit tip! I love grapefruit so might start incorporating them into breakfasts and see what happens.

Maddiesmom I think everyone goes through spells like this, I know my husband and I do. He works out too and we have no kids so our situation is a little different but hang in there!

Burgundy: great job getting the miles in. Do you live near the beach? If so, I am so jealous! I love the beach and have been bugging the DH to take a trip down to gulf shores this summer if only for a weekend.

Mygrits: I did my yard yesterday, mowed it but didn't rake as it was just too hot. I'm paying for it today though, tracking grass everywhere.

It's a light day for me today, just the dog walk this morning and for once it was nice and cool with patches of fog along our road. This week is the last week of "freedom" for me, I start summer semester at college next week. I'm looking forward to it because it'll be something new but at the same time I've been out of education for 20 years so I'm wondering if the old gray matter will even work . I guess we'll find out Tuesday!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:42 AM   #238  

morning, girls!

tearose - I'm so impressed by your going back to school - curious to hear how it all goes.

burgundy - bummer about the sunburn! Even if you don't quite make 186 by your trip, you've still made amazing progress since last summer. I think your family will be so impressed!

maddiesmom - I'm a little concerned as you've mentioned self-esteem issues a few times recently. You are the skinniest you've been in ages, you look great, you've bravely and successfully dealt with your back pain, are doing great at work, are a workout queen and are a great mom. Seems to me that you have lots of really good reasons to be on top of the world these days. What do you think is going on?

So, I didn't make it to zumba last night after all (legs were sore from running and I thought it would be better to take a recovery day) but have eaten carefully the last two days. No progress on the scale so I was minorly frustrated this morning. Not a huge surprise though - I just have to stick to it. I'm going to go for run in the park in a little bit and have healthy meals planned for the rest of the day. I'll swing by costco tonight if I have time and get some more diet-friendly food.

Hope you all are doing well!
Old 05-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #239  
aka Vicky

Dance: I'm not sure what the heck is going on with me. I really need to work on it. I have to stop looking at myself and the person I used to be and I'm having trouble with that transition. I think coming here and hearing all of your kind words and the progress you all have made makes me feel better. I think it may have to deal with the hubby as well...he hasn't really mentioned the weight loss, he mentions that I'm away from home too much. I asked him if he would mind me going to Jeff's class tonight and he's reply was "You spend more time with Jeff than you do with me." Which totally isnt' the case. I dont' know...I'm feeling that he's not appreciating all the hard work I've put into myself as well as the hard work I do at home. We're at odds, which is unusual for us.

Tearose: WTG for going back to school! Remind me, what are you studying? Enjoy your last week of freedom! I miss those days!

Burgundy: You can get 10 miles in this week, no problem!! Sucks about the truck, everything with cars is so expensive...most of the time it's a total ripoff. Glad it's fixed. Good luck if you take the boys this weekend - are there any free events going on in your neighborhood that you can take them to? Around our city we have a ton of free parks so there's never a shortage of places to take Maddie to. Can't wait to take her downtown Chicago - there's so many great museums that we can go to.

Well, I weighed myself this morning and I'm 204, so that's down another pound. I was almost to 203 (I was at 204.3), so I'm hoping to be there by the weekend. Just have to watch myself at the Memorial Day bbq's - I have 2 this weekend.

What is everyone else doing for the holiday?
Old 05-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #240  

maddiesmom - woohoo for almost 203! The under-appreciated feeling is a tough one and I'm not sure how you encourage them to be more openly appreciative of all you do at home. On the personal improvement front though, hopefully you're doing that for you because you SOOOO deserve it, not for him, right? That was an interesting issue for me when I first started losing as my bf didn't say a whole lot (but he never ever criticized me at all for being heavier either). Then I realized it was about me, for me, etc. and that if he enjoyed it too, all the better. A buddy of mine who's struggling with her weight feels like it really matters to her hubby that she get thinner and she's having a really hard time sticking to anything, I think in part because it's not really for her, at least not yet. Anyway, lots of babbling, but I've read some really good advice from others on 3fc about doing this for yourself, no one else and it resonated for me. It may sound goofy, but I hear that positive internal self-talk can help (looking at yourself in the mirror and in your head go through everything that's good or better than it was).

Okay - enough procrastinating - heading out for that run now...